• Published 27th Feb 2017
  • 240 Views, 4 Comments

Thirty Minute Prompts - Silver Inkwell



These are a collection of (very) short stories written in less than (or equal to) exactly thirty minutes each of course.

  • ...
 4
 240

Prompt #46: The Princess's Day Off

The Princess’s Day Off

Celestia stared at the tock just waiting for it to finally count down to the very last minute. Come on, she thought to herself, I’m bored just sitting here listening to these royal official matters, I just want some time for myself, please!!! That’s all that I’m asking for right now, can’t you just give me that oh cold cruel time?

But the clock didn’t answer her of course and she still had to listen even though at this point she didn’t really care anymore. “…So, you see princess that’s how we can make our whole entire workforce more productive at rock mining because while rock mining may be a very undervalued industry it’s still a very important one!!!” the pony said finally finishing up, but she didn’t really care or listen to him and instead stared at the clock s it finally counted down its last minute.

Three, two, one…

“Thank you, but I’m afraid that’s all the time that I have for you today.”

“But princess!!! I haven’t even gotten to how we can-,”

“I’m afraid I don’t have any more time for you, so please leave me right now or else I must and will force you to leave,” she said glancing down very angrily at him. “Okay, fine, alright then, have it your way,” he said leaving her now then.

And with that said he left making sure to slam the doors shut behind him.

But Celestia didn’t care as she slowly smiled to herself.

Finally, a full twenty-four hours just to relax, have fun, and spend time actually enjoying the day by herself, and because she was the princess she could literally do whatever she wanted or wished to instead. But who was to say that she had to spend it all alone? After all, some of the very best times that she had were with her sister. Smiling she slowly crept into Luna’s room, went around to one side of the bed, and raised her head up and then decided to talk.

“Luna, do you want to go outside and build a snowman?” she said.

Suddenly Luna very slowly got up and was awake as she groaned.

“Tia, it’s not even winter time yet,” she said.

Celestia giggled. “Yes, I know, but I can make it winter time for you.”

Luna smiled, “Well then, in that case, yes, I do want to build a snowman.”

And with that said they both smiled as they went out of the room and castle and ordered the weather ponies to make snow even though it was the middle of summer. They did so even with just a few small tiny little questions, and they had just enough time to build a snowman before it slowly melted away.

“Well, that was done fast, now what shall we do next?”

“I was thinking that we could go over to the spa,” Celestia said.

Luna’s eyes lit up as she smiled, “I would simply just love that sister.”

And with that said they went over to the spa and got the very best treatment ever, perfectly fit for a princess, or rather two of them instead.

“Oh my,” Luna said groaning with pleasure, “This is just simply perfect.”

Celestia smiled and giggled, “I know, right? And want to know the best part about this? I can finally get the chance and opportunity to spend the whole entire day with you!!! I mean just think about that, you and me together for a full day doing whatever we wanted without any kind or sort of interruption whatsoever!!!”

Luna smiled, “I just simply love the idea of that, but perhaps maybe we should set aside more time and days so that we could do that more often.”

Celestia smiled, “I like the way that you think, sister, and I’m sure that it can be arranged, but for now let’s just enjoy the day that we have, shall we?”

Luna smiled, “Yes, let’s.”

And with that said they enjoyed the rest of the day all alone completely uninterrupted as they then went to the park and had lunch and snacks, went to the zoo and had even more food and snacks, and then ended the day with a very simple meal at their local city and not something elegant and grand which that food had become quite boring now that they had it every single day.

And when the day was finally over Celestia sighed as she waved her sister goodbye, she enjoyed today, and she would probably hate tomorrow, and she wanted and hoped that she could do this again sometime very soon.

But for now, at least she still had today.

Author's Note:

Part of this thread.
#46