• Published 27th Feb 2017
  • 239 Views, 4 Comments

Thirty Minute Prompts - Silver Inkwell



These are a collection of (very) short stories written in less than (or equal to) exactly thirty minutes each of course.

  • ...
 4
 239

Prompt 44: Who Am I?

The Lost Pony

It was a very bright and early sunny day in Ponyville, the birds were just chirping along in their merry tiny little small songs, and everything was perfectly just fine.

Well, almost everything.

On the farm of Sweet Apple Acres Applejack was still very busy and hard at work bucking some apples. It was almost a very rhythmic thing and almost nothing happened to disrupt it. But then something did happen of course.

A pony came crashing down through the sky and suddenly landed right between Applejack and one of her very powerful horse kicks.

“Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry,” she said immediately helping the stallion up, “I didn’t know that you were going to be crashing down through the sky and all.”

“Uh that’s okay Applejack,” he said, “I didn’t plan to crash today anyways.”

“Say, I’ve never seen you around these parts before, what’s your name exactly?”

He looked at her very confused by the question.

“Wait, are you asking me what my name is?”

“Yes, I just did.”

He continued to look at her.

“Well I don’t know, I mean I can remember math and writing and reading, and basic school stuff and things like that, but my name just isn’t there anymore.”

Applejack was very worried right now and displayed it on her face with her expressions perfectly conveying her emotions and feelings, but she still tried to reassure the strange new mysterious stallion that was here instead.

“Well don’t you worry about it, I’m sure with just a tiny little bit amount of some small rest that it’ll come back to you eventually,” she said trying to put on her very best fake smile and hoping that he wouldn’t notice the barrels of sweat on her face. “Well alright then, fine, if you say so, thanks Miss Applejack.”

And with that said he tried to stand up, but suddenly collapsed.

“Mama, I swear that I didn’t eat the apple pie, I swear it,”

Applejack looked around nervously and then saw her brother nearby and whistled for him to come over. “This here stallion has a mighty fine bruise to his head, we should probably take him on over to a hospital.”

“Yup,” he said as Applejack lifted the Pegasus unto Big Mac’s back, “Can you take him on over while I finish up bucking the apples?”

“Yup,” he said slowly trotting away into the distance out of sight.

“Thanks, Big Mac!!! I owe you one!!!”

“Yup!!!” he shouted back very loudly.

And with that said Applejack slowly went back to work, except this time she would always make sure to look up at the sky sometimes every once in a long while just to make sure that there weren’t going to be any more unexpected things including ponies that were going to coming falling out of the sky.

Author's Note:

Part of this thread.
#44: Who Am I?