• Published 15th Aug 2012
  • 1,819 Views, 22 Comments

Changelings and Assassins - Delta 727



A Lone Changeling finds herself caught in a new world as a new Character takes her into interest...

  • ...
10
 22
 1,819

Chapter 2: Story Session

Soon after, we found ourselves seated in chairs around a lit fireplace in the den tower. Bartello's hands were crossed over each other, his elbows on his robed knees. He had been silent for several minutes after Chrysalis began to explain her story.

"Before I had arrived here, I resigned on a world by the name of Equis, in a Kingdom by the name of Equestria. I was a creature called a Changeling. Changelings are a race of half pony, half insects that can shape-shift into any form we wish, hence my current appearance. I was the Queen of them, and they were to aid me in interrupting a wedding for us to harvest their love for food. I had arrived at the wedding being held for an Alicorn, a pony with a horn and wings, by the name of Mi Amore Cadenza, and her 'husband', Shining Armour. Unfortunately, that mission had failed, and I was thereby... Ejected from the wedding. My Changelings were scattered, and I was on my own. In order to save myself from the crushing fall, I had opened a portal with my magic. While I did not know where it would take me, I only cared for survival. The next thing that I knew, I had landed here, specifically into a tree. I was injured, but alive. As I stumbled along, a Templar had attacked me, and Vali, Mercina, and Seraffo had arrived just in time to kill him, saving me from death. But they were just as awestruck as the guard. They led me back here, and began to teach me the beginnings of what the Assassins are, and who all of you are. And so, I found myself here. Do you have any further questions?"

Bartello sat in stunned silence for a moment, then said, "I... I don't understand all of this," he finally said. "The Ancient Ones are a speck compared to this. I have never heard such a story. How will you return to this... 'Equestria'?"

Chrysalis was leaning back in her chair, her arms crossed. "I do not know," she said. "I barely know how I was able to arrive here in the first place. But while I am here-"

Mercina cut him off. "She will be learning the ways of our Order. She has already learned about bombs, and has seen how to hide from guards."

I nodded slightly, then said, "I had never known how so many average objects could be used in such clever ways. I hope to learn more about you, but most of all, I hope that you will help me to find a way home.

Bartello held his head in his hands, and I could tell he was deeply confused. I took the opportunity to add to the conversation. "This will only be temporary, for the Templars will be looking for her while she's with us, and will need to learn how to defend herself."

As I was sitting in a chair across from Bartello, next to Vali, I stood up and said, "I'll bring her weapons." I stood up, and headed for the stairway that led up to the wooden balcony. I heard Vali give his thanks behind me, and stepped up the wooden stairs to a small table by the railing. On it was a very large, red, gilded chest. I picked it up, turned back down the stairs, and stood in front of my seat. I turned to Vali, and said, "Shall we begin the ceremony?" Mercina, who was leaning against the side of the fireplace, carefully shook her head.

I thought about that for a moment, then replied, "No. It will not be necessary. She is not a true Assassin, but she will still be capable of using the weapons." I stood up, and held him by the shoulder to lean him in close. I whispered in his ear, "Not only is she not ready for the ceremony, but she still has much to learn before she is an Assassin. I hope that we will return her home by then, but this is only so that she may defend herself. Understood?" Seraffo carefully nodded his head, and I accepted the box from him.. He sat back down, and I turned to Chrysalis. "Stand before me, if you will." She looked around for a moment, then stood, and moved before me. "Chrysalis, even if you are not a member of our Creed, I must still bestow these weapons upon you." I opened the box, revealing two steel hidden blade gauntlets, a black Assassin sword, a small Dagger with a gilded hilt, and a sling of throwing knives, all resting on a white cushion. She stared for several seconds at them. I said, "May I?", and offered the chest to her.

I stared at the weapons a few seconds longer. I was not sure how to respond. They wanted to turn me into a murderer. No, not a murderer, but a killer for the greater good. I wanted to reject, to leave and go on my own, but I would not survive. After taking my time to think, I had realized the air had grown tense. I shook my head to clear my thoughts, and nodded. He took the gauntlets from the box, and slid them over my front appendages. He took the belt of knives, and slung it over my chest. He took the sword, and tied it around my waist, and tied the Dagger on the other side of it. I flexed my front appendages, and a blades slid out of each one! I stared for a moment, then flexed them back, and they receded. I was amazed by the diversity of the weapons. I felt like a warrior.

No, I felt like an Assassin.

As she examined her weapons, I said, "Now that you are armed as an Assassin, we will train you for an Assassin. We will grant you a quarters here, and your training will begin every day at sunrise. Being late will not be tolerable. Understood?" She paused, then nodded. "Good." I placed a hand on her shoulder, as well as Seraffo, Bartello, and finally Mercina. "Welcome to the Assassins."

End Of Chapter 2