• Published 27th Feb 2017
  • 614 Views, 30 Comments

The Spike Poem Anthology II - Zephyr Spark



Spike writes poems about his life with Twilight and his friends, hoping to meet a mysterious poem writer through his own poetry writing.

  • ...
1
 30
 614

PreviousChapters Next
Discord, No More Rules

How do you describe a guy like Discord?
Not with a sonnet that’s for sure. An ode to him shouldn’t have rules.
An ode to Discord should not be a chord of rhymes and rules
No, an ode to Discord needs imagination for fuel.

Then how about we start with Discord?
A snap of his fingers turns the world on its turns the world on its head
A wink of his eye never leaves you bored though it could give you fits
But that doesn’t matter, because Discord is our friend.

How do I know? How couldn’t I know?
He was once our enemy but now laughs with us as family
He keeps our world fun and scary and whoa He’s nutty
So much that keeping up this silly rhyme scheme would be tragedy

Discord rescued us from the changeling nest and played with Big Mac and I as we swung our axes and staffs to rid the foe pests and laughs a plenty he brung as we broke the rules to have ourselves a good time and that’s no crime to play around like a bunch of fools who enjoy every second with Discord and boy do we look like clowns but who cares when we’re having so much fun and his magic’s not half done his magic flares and then we’re dancing on cotton candy clouds and prancing on chocolate lakes like kids when he bolts through our sadness blue and puts a smile on our faces and down soap road we slid to a new land of mischief painted by a hand of chaos chief where no fun is forbid and life is hard and breaks our hearts til he his hands he claps and flips life on its back no strife can be here when Discord reigns but don’t fear he doesn’t give us pain because although he hasn’t always come through he’s not the only few who struggle to do right I know he will stand up to defend his family and friends and Discord will come through for me.

Thank you Discord for being our friend and Equestria’s defender please
Never stop being the greatest rule bender.

PreviousChapters Next