• Published 13th Mar 2017
  • 1,944 Views, 131 Comments

Swords, Guns and Skills - SShonix



Christopher Plainfield, A college student who is in love with Guns, Swords, Anime and most of all, My Little Pony! Gets teleported into Equestria and BOOM! He makes a mark, on history.

  • ...
15
 131
 1,944

Chapter 14 : Trouble

After getting our bits from Mayor Mare, I gave Lawful 10% of what I earned....she got 7 bits....7. As we were walking back to our houses, I asked her, "Are you really fine with 7 bits?"

She giggled at my question and replied, "Oh it's fine. This is like a tip. I mean, I'm already getting paid from my boss so that's nor problem!" Jeez she was cute.

After parting ways, I head back home to find Twilight reading a book and Spike reading some comics. "Hey Chris! How was your day at work?" Twilight asked me. She glanced down at my leg and before she could make any comments, I cut her off, assuring that I was fine. She looked at me skeptically before letting me off to go to bed. Today's a tiring day, gotta say. After a couple of minutes, sleep began taking over my body.

This became a normal routine for me. Woke up, have breakfast and then out to hunting. We would usually hunt the lower end of the spectrum but one day, Lawful suggested to try the medium difficulty. We have been hunting Timberwolves and Cockatrices and Slimes for the past few days, I mean, I gotta upgrade some day. I agreed and we looked for some other monsters. My eyes wondered over each title. "Warbeast", "Frost Yeti", "DeathFairy". Fuckin' hell, these beasts sounds like the creatures of nightmares. This is surprising to say the least, coming from the most peaceful town. Eventually, I settled for the "Bomb-Birds". I took off the poster and looked at the information.

Title : Bomb-Birds
Difficulty : Medium
Reward : 340 (Bits)

These speedy flying creatures were seen near the Everfree Forest's Entrance. It has made it hard for the local Shaman to come in Ponyville and help our sick patients. Get rid of these creatures so that we can get our remedy from the local Shaman.

Weakness : Colours
Strengths : Able to fly fast, have sharp wings, carry bomb-like circular plants in their talons, able to spit acid.


Damn. I guess the local Shaman must mean Zecora. I looked over at Lawful who was just looking back at me with a smile.

"Guess, we're going for this one" I told her casually. She nodded her head. I raised the poster and began sucking the magical force it had. My mark on my hand began glowing and flashing colours, it stopped on the colour green. Bingo.

We began making our way to the Everfreee Entrance. While walking there, I saw that ponies no longer looked at me as a monster, but a protector. They no longer were terrified of me. Some of them even waved.

"Guess, they're beginning to grow on you" Lawful told me. I responded, "Guess so..."

We reached our destination after a few minutes and looked around. This place was quite bright. One thing I learned from past experiences was to scout around the area to see what you could use as your advantage. You do not want to be caught in a situation where you have nothing to use against your opponents...

Flashback

I was running from the green like slime creature. Both my weapons were covered in goo, rendering them useless and heavy to swing. My bullets had no effect on them and only slowed them down. The only way to exterminate the slimes was to either cut them in pieces quickly before they could regenerate, squash them till' those fuckers were flat on the ground, or burn them. It seems like the last option was the only one available for me. I didn't know where Lawful was as we were separated when I booked it out of there. I felt bad about leaving her but I had to. There was still a couple of them on my ass.
As I was running, I didn't notice I ws running straight to a cliff. By the time I realized, I was already to fast to break my speed, I slid on the jagged ground and tore someof my clothing. I then managed to grab hold the edge of the cliff and hang there. I could hear the slimy fucks coming closer. I looked down, it was a fucking good lenght for me to die if I dropped. I began trying to pull myself up but I started to hear cracks and backed down. Was this my fate? Luckily, I heard cries of my name. "CHRIS! WHERE ARE YOU?" I could only assume that was her. "OVER HERE!" I yelled back. I heard galloping coming closer. Before I knew it, I heard the magical bolts fire on each slime, disintegrating them. Lawful pulled me up and I immediately hugged her. I was scared for my life. I am glad she's here with me. I thanked her and she just smiled at my affection towards her. That was lesson one, learn my surroundings and try to make sure I don't jump off a cliff.


I shook the memory out of my head and continued to look around. I saw a few rocks that we could hide behind. Some trees and logs. And...that's pretty much it.

"So how do we lure them out again?" I heard Lawful ask from behind me, already unsheathing her two daggers. I shrugged my shoulders and saw her sigh. I continued to scan our surroundings again. I was broken out my stupor when I heard what sounded like a death-screech.

"SCRAAAAA" I looked up and saw black coated birds with white wings and red eyes fly around us. They had what looked like plants in their claws and dripping green venom from their beaks. Their wings looked like it could cut a whole tree.

"Guess we found em" I told Lawful. I unsheathed both my swords and began taking a defensive stance. One of the birds started flying closer to me and tried to slice me with it's wings. I stabbed my Avian at it's wings and was surprised to hear a metal clank back. Looks like their wings were made out of metal?

I turned around and saw Lawful dodging the wing attacks. She was easily flowing through their attacks, unscathed. I re-focused my attention to a bird that was flying directly at me with his beak aiming at my chest. I readied my stance to counter his attack when suddenly, he spat a green goo directly at my direction. I was surprised and barely rolled out of the way. A small amount clipped my right sleeve. I saw my a portion of my sleeve disappear as the venom burned through it.

"Be careful of their slime thing, they fucking burn!" I yelled back at Lawful who nodded. I stood up, gripping both swords before running towards a low-flying bird. It obviously caught it by surprise as it tried to change his flight direction but it was too late as I swung my scythe downwards, hooking his head before doing a spin and smashing his whole body to the ground. A mixture of red and green bled out of it's body. Gross.

I pulled out my Reaper and began running towards another one. I was flung back by an explosion in front of me, causing me to lose both my weapons.

"CHRIS! Are you okay?" I heard Lawful shout as he gallop beside me.

"Yea, I'm fine..." I respond. As the smoke clears up, I saw black ashes covering the grass of where I previously stood. I looked up and saw the bird that dropped the explosive plant on me. He was currently regenerating another one. I found my swords laying on the grass, luckily, still usable. I picked them up and sheathed them. I had another idea.

I took out my gun out of it's hostler and began aiming at the birds. A few of them hovered still while the rest scattered. They looked confused, don't even know how birds look confuse but I took a deep breath and pulled the trigger.

"click-BANG" The sound of the shot echoed throughout the area. I was momentarily deafened before I recovered.

"Thump" I saw the lifeless body of the bird drop down onto the ground, bearing a hole directly on it's chest. I looked up and saw the birds flying around in disarray. Were they deafened by the sound? Whatever, I didn't hesitate to shoot the remaining. I could see some being struck down by Lawful's magical blast as well. Soon, we had already eliminated most of them. There were still some flying. I kept my gun back at it's rightful place and began channeling my flames.

"Let's see what these things can do" I whispered to myself as flames began englufing my arms. I looked at my arms with childlike wonder and looked at one of the flying monsters. I held my palm towards it as I concentrated on it.

My arm immediately jerked back as a beam of fire shot out, disintigrating the flying bird. I saw as the ashes of what was once a creature fall from the sky, being carried by the wind.

"I.AM.A.FIRE.GOD!" I yelled out as flames surrounded my body.

"No you're not," Lawful interrupted me as she threw her dagger towards a bird, stabbing it and boomeranging back towards it's owner.

I looked at her, peeved, "Jeez, gotta ruin a moment do you?"

She smiled at my statement and rolled her eyes. I looked back towards the bodies of the birds. The place was a bloody mess filled with guts and gore. Suddenly, I felt a pulsating feeling from my hand and the hunter symbol glowed signifying that I have completed my mission. I looked over to Lawful and she nodded. She casted a cleansing spell to remove the remaining carcass. We then went off our merry way.


We got our bits and split paths. Lawful went back to wherever she was staying and I was free to do whatever I want. Since I was bored out of my skull, I decided to go to Sugarcube Corner to get a treat.

I opened the door and was greeted to a pink blur smashing into me.

"HI CHRIS ARE YOU HERE TO GET SOME CUPCAKES?" Pinkie screamed at me. I was momentarily stunned before I could form a proper response.

"Yes I am but stop screaming Pinkie!" I responded. She giggle and whispered a quick sorry before sprinting back to the counter with a flash. I walked up to it and saw what they had. Chocolate cupcakes, Strawberry Frosting...hmm...

"I think I'll get the Cookies and Cream one," I said to her. "Okie Dokie Lokie!" She repsonded before disappearing to the kitchen. I waited for a few seconds before she came back with the bag of cupcake. Jeez that was fast..

"That'll be 5 bits!" I handed her the bits and took my bag. I can now afford shit, thank you very much. I exited the store and started heading back to the library. On the way back, I ran into these group of ponies. They looked like what you'd expect from your local bar. One of them which I presumed was their leader went up to me and poked my chest.

"Hey you monkey. You don't belong here! Get out of our town!" He said with a smug voice. His henchmen nodded to each other. Can't believe I actually have to deal with this shit.

"Listen man Im not here to start trouble. Just leave me alone," I said with an even voice. Honestly I have some pent up stress that I need to release and this might be the perfect solution.

"Even if the element bearers accepted you into here, we don't! And we're gonna do something about it!" He said while getting into a fighting stanc. Aw shit, it's about to get real. Obviously he didn't notice the beatiful gleaming weaponry on my back otherwise he wouldn't have started this fight. My hand subconsciously brushed over my gun.

He ran up to me and swung his hoof. I doubled his size so the intended target of his hoof missed its mark. He rebounded and tried to headbutt my stomach. I simply blocked his head with my right hand. He struggled to push it back and then went back to swinging.

After about a few attempts of trying to get me, I got bored. What do I do next when I get bored you ask? Easy. I fuck around.

When he swung next, I grabbed his hoof, swung him backwards and slammed him onto the ground. He hit the ground with an oof. That's gotta hurt.

"Wh-what are you doing? A-Attack!" He said to his henchmen. They hesitated, I looked at them and gave them a predatory smile, being extra sure to show my canine tooth to them. They took a step back and ran. So much for loyalty. I stared back at the downed pony. He was struggling to get up it's almost sad at this point.

"J-Just wait for the Pri-Princess to hear about this!" He said trying to intimidate me.

"Oh c'mon dude just give it up. Let me eat my damn cupcake man" At this point there was a crowd gathering and I started to feel a bit of anxiety. He finally got the damn message and left. I resumed my walk to the castle, eating my delicious cupcake with a grin on my face. Worth it.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the really long ass hiatus. My personal life has taken a bad toll so I didnt have time to make anything. This chapter was so rushed but I just needed to dish something out.

Comments ( 6 )

Good to have ya back, lad.

Please continue

Hmm.... Maybe those bar ponies came from Jackass Bar and Grill eh? :ajsmug:

More good

Login or register to comment