• Published 2nd Mar 2017
  • 1,575 Views, 46 Comments

Heroines of Overwatch - ThePegaKris



Will Overwatch finally be able to defeat Talon, only using a handful of teenage girls?

  • ...
13
 46
 1,575

Watchpoint: Gibraltar

My friends all gave me surprised looks, which weren't really a surprise to me. To be honest, I'd rather spare some quick time solving what happened between Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash, then I can go after Tracer. Oh well...

"I'm just trying to get this straight, Sunset." A.J. said. "Ya want us to help you and this called Overwatch team by shooting down their rival, Talon?"

"Yes, and like I said, it's not going to be easy. Talon's got tons of troops at their disposal, but Overwatch has hired some of the best fighters from their world."

"What else do we have to do?" Twilight asked.

"We only have to stop Talon once and for all, but we need to go through some rigorous training, according to Tracer."

"Psst, that's ridiculous!" Rainbow smirked. "We already happen to be in the best shape of our lives, so what training do we need, Sunset?"

"Yessss!" as Pinkie jumped from the couch. "Even more adult supervision!"

"Umm, that's not really the case for us, but I guess you can call it that, Pinkie. Tracer looks very young, even in her mid-20s. Fluttershy, can you close the window blinds for a second?"

"Okay."

"Now, take a good look at this and don't freak out."

"A gun?" Twilight fixed her glasses. "That looks like one of my inventions, for crying out loud! Is that actually mine?"

"It's mine, Twilight. This very small guy named Torbjörn gave it to me."

"Torb-who?" Rainbow scratched her head.

"Torbjörn, but on more important things, it looks like we're all going to do target practice, girls."

"Aren't firearms supposed to be illegal, Sunset?" Rarity asked.

"Shh, don't give us away! Overwatch is at world war with Talon, so I don't see any reason for them or local authorities to catch us."

"Say what?" A.J. straightened her hat. "I sure hope ya don't bring that gun to Canterlot High tomorrow, otherwise Principal Celestia will be on your tail! Even Big Mac would be baffled by this!"

"I'll keep this concealed with all my life. From the looks of it, Applejack, you and Twilight look like you both already have perfect aim."

"Really? Just because I was in the archery event at the Friendship Games doesn't mean I can snipe that easily."

"Me neither, and Applejack even helped me shoot a target before we became friends." Twilight added. "I struggled so badly that day."

"You were in the archery event too, right Fluttershy?" Pinkie pointed at her.

"Yes. I have to also agree with the fact that I struggled too."

"At least you've hit your target, sweetie." Rarity said.

"I still think you'll be fine out there." I said. "So, I'm just going to call Tracer and fill her in."

Ring ring ring. This other phone was a little bit heavier than the one I use. This could've also been one of Twilight's inventions if she already worked for Overwatch. It had similar buttons like my phone, such as the speakerphone and face call ones. Really, I had only one use for this, and that was to either call Overwatch.

"Hello?"

"Tracer, it's Sunset. I'm with my friends right now."

"Excellent work, love!" She replied. "You got me on speakerphone, don't you?"

"You're on it now."

"Hello!" My friends greeted loudly.

"Cheers loves, it's so good to finally hear all of you! Name's Tracer!"

"Yeah, we heard that right." A.J. said. "Fancy hearing you too, sugarcube!"

"Did you tell them everything, Sunset?"

"I did, but I'm not sure if they're ready to go with me."

"They'll be fine, dear, and so will you." Tracer assured. "You ladies now have the support of us here at Overwatch. We will do our best to protect you."

"Hmm, this sounds awesome and all, but we still have to go to school." Rainbow pointed out.

"Don't worry, you'll only be on duty after each school day has ended. Heck, you and your friends could graduate from both Canterlot High and Overwatch, Dasher!"

"Dasher?"

"That's your new codename for whenever you're working with Overwatch. Plus, you are a fast runner!"

"Tracer really has watched our every move." Rainbow whispered to me.

"No kidding. What do we do now, by the way?"

"Gather everything you need and return to the portal at Canterlot High. Athena will change the destination to our training camp, so we could get you all ready to fight."

"I'm pretty sure I have everything, Tracer. Twilight?"

"Well, if we're going to do this, I'll definitely need a change of clothes. Be right back!"

"Should I bring Angel?" Fluttershy asked.

"I don't think pets are necessary, but if you want to bring him for support, be my guest, Fluttershy."

"Never mind then."

"How about our magical geodes?" Rainbow questioned.

"Maybe not. I really think that they only work in our world, but hold on to them in case we have to come back here and fight."

"Oh great, I suppose you're bringing us even more fancy outfits for us to wear, huh Rarity?" A.J. brought up.

"Don't be ridiculous, darling... Maybe just a few!"

"I got my trusty party cannon ready for action!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"When did you get that?"

"Yesterday at the mall, when you girls weren't looking!"

"Brilliant!" as Tracer clapped her hands. "Now, let me ask the rest of you one last question, because I have already asked this to Sunset when she was in my world."

"Hmm?" My friends mumbled.

"Are you all 100% sure that you're ready to come with me? Sunset believes that you all seem tired of fighting countless waves of magical creatures here and there, which is totally understandable. You don't have to accept this mission if you want to."

"Ehh, that's...partly true, but we still continue to fight for ourselves and others." Rainbow said.

"We've only fought a few yet tough enemies before, but we can never do it without Sunset." Rarity declared.

"If she's in this, then so am I!" as Twilight stood up from her couch.

"Me too!" Fluttershy nodded.

"And me three!" Pinkie jumped up.

"We're always there for Sunset, no matter what." A.J. tipped off her hat.

"Thank you so much, girls!"

I immediately felt myself embraced by my friends tightly. Once again, it was time to save the day, but far away from home. If we had gone to Equestria for real, then I would probably be the only one who knows how to get around. I still had my magical geode around my neck, which reminded a lot like the Dazzlings' gemstones.

But, why do I still care about them? They're forever gone.

"Very well then." Tracer said. "I will see you ladies in a short while, so get to your school, okay?"

"Yes ma'am!" We all hailed.

As Tracer hanged up, my friends and I got our backpacks ready to go. This is probably like the first full-time job given to me, since the rest of my friends already have one. Even with how busy will be from now on, I will still keep in touch with Princess Twilight. Hopefully, Talon doesn't invade Equestria.

Outside of Twilight's house, we caught a bus which was right on time and headed back to the city. It was early in the afternoon, but time was flying faster than usual.

"You know, with how skinny our legs are, why couldn't we have just run to Canterlot High?" Rainbow asked.

"Ya obviously would beat us by a landslide." A.J. replied. "Have ya ever raced that Indigo Zap before?"

"Other than the Friendship Games, I haven't. I'd say we're pretty even, though."

"Did we forget anything?" Twilight wondered.

"You forgot Spike, but I'm assuming that he's still sick."

"Maybe, Sunset, but I've always got my brother and parents to take care of him."

"That's good to hear."

"We're here!" Fluttershy reminded.

My friends and I got off the bus and saw that there was no one around, not even Principal Celestia or Vice Principal Luna. Wherever they are, I hope that they don't catch us in a shootout. It was awfully quiet, not counting the traffic behind us.

"Hello?"

"Tracer, we're at the statue. Go ahead and send us back to the base."

"Roger that, mate! I'm going to be relocating you seven to our training camp, so we can bring you in. Hit it, Athena!"

"Who is she talking to, Sunset?" Twilight asked.

"Overwatch's motherboard, Athena."

"You're all set!" Tracer said.

"Thank you. We'll see you on the other side!"

"Tracer out!"

"What are we waiting for?" Rainbow minded. "Let's get to it already!"

"This is your first time traveling with me to another world. I don't think everything works the same over where Tracer is."

After we stopped talking, I was the first one to head straight through the portal, then came the rest of my friends. I was already used to going back and forth out of this thing, but this was the first time that I'm not going alone. I could've sworn that Pinkie Pie even tried to make a break for the portal at one point.

All I had on me was my backpack, which contained my gun, belongings, and messages to Princess Twilight. I didn't really know if my book was going to work somewhere else, either.

"Nnnnggh, my head..." A.J. moaned.

"Are we dead?" Pinkie poked her head out of the ground.

"No, you're not. Hi there everyone!"

"Winston!"

"Th-that's a big gorilla, Sunset!" Fluttershy whispered to me.

"He can talk too?" Rarity gasped.

"Haha, have no fear! Tracer and I have been expecting you for quite some time now."

"They know, big guy." as Tracer dashed behind me. "Welcome to our main Overwatch headquarters, ladies!"

"Wow, even I can't create gadgets like the ones around me!" Twilight looked around.

"Awesome!" Rainbow exclaimed. "When do we begin our training?"

"Right after you all pick your loadouts." Winston replied. "Go ahead and show them the armory, Athena."

"Doors opening."

Two big sliding doors opened and we were greeted with a ton of weapons and equipment in what seems to be a big armory. Now I know that I'm definitely not allowed to be carrying any of these either at home or Equestria. I had a pretty normal reaction, but my friends' eyes looked like that they were about to pop out.

"Holy crap!" Pinkie yelled.

"I guess I'll be picking first."

"Umm, we've already picked what's missing from your loadout, Sunset." Winston said.

"What is it?"

"Take this." as Tracer handed me an odd staff.

Caduceus Staff
Holder: Mercy

"What am I supposed to do with this?"

"It allows you to resurrect any of your allies, including your friends, in battle whenever they die."

"Wait, who said that?" Twilight asked.

"Good to see you, Dr. Ziegler!" Tracer greeted.

"Hello there, Tracer! I see that you've brought some friends here."

"Hi, I'm Sunset Shimmer, and it's nice to meet you!"

"I am Angela Ziegler, but you may call me Mercy. Welcome aboard!"

"I suppose I should give you your staff back, right?"

"You may keep that one, my dear. I've got backup staves at my disposal."

"You really are good in medical science, Sunset." Fluttershy said.

"That's why we think she's capable of using that staff." Winston added. "It not only brings you back to life, but in perfect condition as well."

"You guys really have been watching my every move."

"How many times can she use it to save us?" A.J. questioned.

"Sunset can heal any of you whenever you take a hit or two." Mercy explained. "She can also enhance your damage output so that your enemies will fall faster. Obviously, the staff has to be charged in order for someone to be resurrected."

"I thought it would be that easy." Rarity said.

"I think I got this."

"Excellent!" Tracer clapped her hands. "Twilight Sparkle?"

"Yes ma'am?"

"You may pick your loadout. Choose wisely, hehe!"

"Hmm... What's that one over there?"

Endothermic Blaster
Holder: Mei

"You might want to wear gloves for that one, sport." Winston said.

"No kidding, it's so cold!" Twilight shivered. "I guess th-this is is some kind of f-freeze ray!"

"Certainly." Tracer said in a low voice. "Your turn, Fluttershy!"

"M-me? Do you have anything that's the least...deadly?"

"Well, these are all deadly, but if you want something that'll decimate quickly, I've got the thing just for you!"

So far, Twilight and I were already equipped. It seems I only get a staff and gun on my end, but hey, I gotta do what I can to keep family and friends safe. There sure is a crap ton of guns and equipment right here.

"Tracer, umm, I'm not a good archer." Fluttershy said.

"Then you will get better at becoming one!"

雷の弓
保有者: 島田半蔵

"What does this read?" Fluttershy asked.

"Athena, translate." Mercy instructed.

"Scanning weapon. Translation completed and decrypted."

Storm Bow
Holder: Hanzo Shimada

"Ooh, shiny!" as Pinkie leaned in close.

"I like the decals on that bow, Fluttershy!" Rarity claimed.

"It's also a bit heavy."

"Tracer, are you sure Genji's brother is okay with you giving someone else one of his bows?" Mercy asked. "He can lose his temper sometimes."

"Why not? Hanzo has accepted our offer to join us as long as he gets to fight alongside his brother. You want the best for Genji, right Dr. Ziegler?"

"I do, but he told me long ago that only a Shimada can control the dragons, so I highly doubt that Fluttershy can do the same."

"I'll see if I can contact the both of them later." as Winston fixed his glasses.

"You're good with that thing, Fluttershy?" A.J. asked.

"Yes, but I do need to train myself. I have no idea who any of those people Tracer said are, but maybe they can help."

"Moving on!" Tracer said. "Rainbow Dash, it's your turn!"

"I already see my tickets to awesomeness on the wall there!"

"Hey, good choice, mate!" Tracer giggled. "I use those, too!"

Pulse Pistols
Holder: Tracer

"Ya got two firearms?" A.J. raised an eyebrow. "Now that ain't fair."

"Rarity?" Tracer pulled her shirt.

"Oh sorry, I was just looking around. Let's see, I don't want anything too heavy or too light. I just need something concealable enough for my purse, okay?"

"You're wearing a backpack, though." I facepalmed.

"Psst, I don't know what you're talking about, Sunset!" She chuckled. "What's that pink gun up there?"

"Allow me to get that for you." Winston pledged.

"Be careful not to crush it, big guy!" Tracer rolled her eyes.

Light Gun
Holder: D.Va

"Hey, I know who she is. She let me sleep in her room when I first ended up in this world."

Speaking of D.Va, I'm guessing that she's back at the other base playing video games or something. It was a good thing I didn't smell like her chips or hear how loud she was chewing them. I hope all goes well for her.

"Oww, watch where ya swinging that!" A.J. groaned.

"Sorry Applejack, but I just can't take my eyes off of this glamorous little trinket!" Rarity noted.

"There's more about ya that needs training." She said under her voice.

"It's okay, Applejack, because you're next in line!" Tracer said.

"Yeehaw, let's see what y'all got here! Ah, found it!"

Peacekeeper
Holder: McCree

"I think I like this doohickey, but can anyone tell me why it's bent like this?"

"The gun model was supposed to be built and designed like that." Winston replied. "It appears that we only have one recruit left."

"That's me!" Pinkie raised her hand. "You got any fancy party cannons lying around?"

"Umm, no." Tracer coughed.

"Well then, this heavy device will have to do!" as Pinkie picked up a long weapon.

Particle Cannon
Holder: Zarya

"Are you sure you can carry that on your back?"

"Yup, both on my front and back, Sunset!"

"Exciting!" Tracer giggled. "It looks like you seven are ready to head out to the practice range!"

"If you succeed in helping us with our mission, you will get to return home while being greatly rewarded." Winston added.

"That's great, but we really just want to protect you and this world from Talon. We promise that we'll do whatever it takes to reduce all the dangers that are going to be thrown at us."

"If we're training right now, can we get cupcakes afterwards?" Pinkie wondered.

"Of course, love!" Tracer answered. "Name your flavor and we'll deliver it to you faster than you can blink!"

"I think I'm beginning to like Overwatch!" Pinkie whispered to me.