• Published 2nd Mar 2017
  • 1,575 Views, 46 Comments

Heroines of Overwatch - ThePegaKris



Will Overwatch finally be able to defeat Talon, only using a handful of teenage girls?

  • ...
13
 46
 1,575

Canterlot Mall, Canterlot City

She-Demon. The Dazzlings. Midnight Sparkle. Gaia Everfree. Those are all behind me and I'm glad that my friends and I have all conquered them standing side by side. Without them, my life would be incomplete. Every day at Canterlot High, I hear my name being said by all the students around and I really get that they all love me. "Sunset Shimmer, Sunset Shimmer, Sunset Shimmer!"

Then, I heard Applejack actually calling me. "You coming, Sunset?"

"Yeah, hold on!"

As I'm on my way to the mall with my friends, I couldn't help but notice how cheerful they all are looking. Going back to what I was saying, I feel like I'm back where I started. I was popular only because of how I manipulated pretty much everyone and I'm popular now because of the real friendships I've made over the years. I'm obviously not perfect, I just let things play when they come to me and I deal with them. Simple as that.

"So how was your day, girls?" Fluttershy asked.

"Awesome as usual! My team wrecked another team in soccer today!" Rainbow Dash said.

"Is that why I heard ya scream outside all the way from shop class?" Applejack asked.

"Eeyup!"

"I was about to go deaf, Rainbow Dash! I literally had to cover my ears with my diamond encrusted headphones!" Rarity added.

What happened to Rarity was actually true. Twilight, Applejack, and I witnessed her complaining today about Rainbow's screaming when we were all split into either gym or shop class.

"Did anybody here me screaming?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"For once, you didn't." I giggled. "Did your ears hurt too, Fluttershy?"

"No, I covered them just like the rest of our soccer team. I'm good, though!"

"We're here, y'all!" Applejack said.

This place hasn't changed a bit. On a Friday like this, it's pretty normal to hang out, or chillax as Rainbow Dash would like to call it, here. All I have in my backpack is my book, which I write my messages to Princess Twilight in. Rarity looks like she has her whole makeup department in her bag and she's not even straining from the weight of it.

"Anyone want to check out the bookstore with me?" Twilight asked.

"I'm coming with you." I replied.

"Me three, just so I can find a book on how to deal with eggheads like you, Twilight!" Rainbow giggled.

"Knock it off with that nonsense, will ya?" as A.J. smacked her in the back of her head.

"Sorry."

"Uhh, ladies? You may want to check this out!" as Rarity pointed to the bookstore.

CLOSED DUE TO MAINTENANCE
WE DEEPLY APOLOGIZE TO ALL OF OUR CUSTOMERS
WE WILL REOPEN IN 1 WEEK

"Aww, that sucks. I'm really sorry Twilight!"

"It's fine, Sunset. Besides, the new Daring Do book doesn't come out until exactly one week from now."

"Can you get me a copy too, Twilight?" Rainbow begged as she got on her knees.

"Why can't you just come with me next week?"

"I think it's unusual for top athletes like me to walk inside a bookstore and leave just with an entire bookshelf."

"Oh silly, you do that all that time!" Pinkie passed off.

"Shh!"

"Well, what do y'all want to do now?" A.J. asked.

"I'm very hungry, actually." as Fluttershy felt her stomach growling.

"Uh-huh." as the rest of us felt our stomachs too.

"Follow me. Let's take the escalator."

On our way up, my friends and I just kept looking around at the other shops. So far, the bookstore was the only one that was undergoing maintenance at the moment, but I think that there are other places here that should undergo it, too. Up on the ceiling vents, I think I see some kind of figure running very fast with a glowing blue aura.

"Did you guys see that?"

"See what?" Twilight approached me.

"There was something...or someone up on the vents, but I don't think it's very clear."

"Neither of us saw a darn thing, Sunset." A.J. said.

"I guess I didn't either, but it speeded off, almost as fast as Rainbow Dash."

"What? Nothing else can beat me in terms of speed, so you're definitely going crazy!"

"Look, I didn't mean to make a comparison! I was just minding my business when all of a sudden, I looked up and happen to notice something that looked blue."

"Sorry again, but did it really go as fast as I could?"

"Yeah, in fact, it traveled so quickly, you could barely get a glimpse at it!"

"It's not like this blue thing is going to come back, so let's just eat." I felt Twilight's hand touching my shoulder. "You can track it later, Sunset."

"Fine."

The food court was right there in front of us already. My friends and I went to go sit by the grand view of Canterlot City, which makes this one of the very few times that we get the best seats in the mall. An eighth seat at our table remained empty because Twilight mentioned earlier at school that Spike needed some serious rest for his sickness.

"Donut Joe looks like he's got his hands full right now. I guess we'll buy from him after we actually eat."

"Y'all want pizza?" A.J. asked.

"Please don't put extra cheese, because I get stomach problems if I eat very cheesy foods!"

"Aww, does that mean no ice cream too, Twilight?"

"That doesn't count, Pinkie. You can go ahead and get the pizza, Applejack."

"Alright, I'll be back!"

"Thanks A.J.!" The rest of us replied.


"Winston, this is Tracer, come in!"

"Go ahead."

"I think I found who we're looking for..."