• Published 26th Feb 2017
  • 3,065 Views, 177 Comments

Chaos Theory - Rose Quill



College is around the corner, but strange things are brewing for the girls.

  • ...
8
 177
 3,065

Bonus: Just who was it?

I swore as the wrench slipped free of the bolt and I barked my knuckle on the frame of the bike. Shaking my hand, I stood and went inside, washing my hands and drying them on an old towel designated for the task.

"Hey, Twi?" I called. "I'm going to run into town and grab something to eat, do you want anything?"

Twilight didn't bother looking up from her textbook as she jotted some notes down. "I'd love an avocado BLT from Daystrom's," she said. "Easy on the mayo."

I grabbed the keys to the car and drove into town to hit the only delicatessen I knew of that served vegetarian and vegan offerings. I placed the order for Twi's sandwich and a vegan pastrami on rye for me. While I was waiting, I heard a giggle that I recognized, and turning, I spotted the poofy pink hair easily. I blinked for a moment when I realized she was kissing someone.

The pigtailed girl sat back, a smile on her usually grumpy face, and spotted me looking. She blushed and looked away. Pinkie turned and waved.

"Hi, Sunny!" she called.

I picked up the bag with our sandwiches in it before heading over.

"Pinkie," I said. "Aria. Didn't expect to see you two here."

"Or together, you mean," Aria said. Even her grump was lessened.

"Can't lie," I said. "I didn't see this coming."

"She makes me laugh," the Siren said. "I need more of that in my life."

"And I love making her smile," Pinkie said. "You wanna stay for lunch with us?"

I held up the bag. "Got lunch for Twi in here too, otherwise I would, Pinks," I smiled. "You two enjoy your meal, yeah?"

They both smiled and I left. I sat in the car for a moment, thinking of the slightly surreal scene I had just seen.

"Huh," I said, starting the car and heading for home.

Comments ( 28 )

...this was unexpected! But I like it all the same. :pinkiehappy:

Okay, I have to ask, what is vegan pastrami?

8033585
A terrible crime.

Now the question is, which Pinkie?

So, Pinkie fell for one of the Sirens after all. But the question is, which Pinkie?

8033636
8033892

Which Pinkie?

:trollestia:

No. It's human Pinkie.

8033585

I have no idea, but I have a friend that says it's good...I'm too used to the real stuff to try it.

8033509

Original version...mine has some re-writes to fit the story.

Well, I have to admit that I'm conflicted on this story. On the one hand, I dislike Seventh Element Alicorn Sunset Shimmer quite a bit. Also, I found the romance of the overarching story between Sunset and SciTwi fairly rushed and the idea of their engagement (thinking back, I'm pretty sure there was a reference that they were planning on a long engagement, getting married in like a year -- that's not a long engagement, a long engagement is several years, but I digress).
On the other hand, the writing was technically strong, the plot was fairly interesting, characters grew and changed, though there were parts that felt like a few steps of character growth were skipped for the sake of brevity. I wish there had been a little bit more interaction shown between the pony and human counterparts because I felt that the humans had more maturity and motility than high schoolers realistically should even with the events they've undergone.
I'm still giving this story a like, as I've received a fair amount of enjoyment from it, and my personal distaste for certain parts of the plot derive from subjective rather than objective reasons.
Honestly, it seems like the greatest challenge for writers delving into Equestria Girls is how to treat them. Some make them more adult (this fic), others make them more realistically high school students, but then make Sunset (possibly an adult, certainly with life experiences vastly different from the average first-world human adolescent) and Twilight (objectively an adult) act the same as their adolescent human friends. I wish more people could find a solid middle ground, but I guess that I'll just have to work on writing that dynamic myself.
Anyway, thanks for an interesting story and a compelling series of fics.

I loved the story Allykitty. I really love your entire series as a whole! I kinda expected Pinkie to get together with Sonata in the end, but Aria is a great choice as well, considering what the rest of her family is like, Pinky would likely try to find someone like them. Will you do a meet the parents story for this couple? I bet Limestone and Aria would be interesting to meet each other.

Also I wanted to ask, what do you think the birth order is for the Pie sister? We knew Marble is the youngest. Do you think their triplets or separate save Pinky and Marble?

8039368

Limestone -> Maud -> Pinkie -> Marble IIRC from the Hearthbreakers episode.

Limestone vs Aria. The fight of the century!

Aria is exactly who I was hoping it would be back when we spoke of this in Cruising. :heart: She needs someone like Pinkie. I would say they complement each other well. I was about to say they'd balance each other out but; seriously, I doubt anything would balance Pinkie Pie. :derpytongue2:

I was finally able to finish reading Chaos Theory. You really poked me in the feels and brought a joyful tear to my eye. Thank you so much for sharing. I sense there are more stories in this 'verse' and I look forward to reading what else you come up with. :twilightsmile:

Finishing my comment from Raison Detre: Coda---Moving-On here so as to not spoil things over there. I'm going to go ahead and blame you for my newfound interest in Dazzling redemption fics. :heart: Good job tying up the major story arc in this continuity. No wonder you have that whiteboard/corkboard you mentioned in a blog post a few months ago. I think most writers keep track of things in a notebook or notepad. You've reached Twilight levels organization there my friend. :twilightsmile:

Before I read this, what is the Horror tag for ?
And how bad does it get ?

8134084

A safeguard. There's some mental and psychological darkness going on bi nowhere near creepy pasta or even a Friday the 13 movie. But I know some have other definitions, so just to be safe, I tagged it like that.

8209354
I'm actually going to touch on that in the next chapter of Insurgence. I don't like the idea either, but sometimes ideas for better in other stories than the one it is created by.

I know, I'm weird. :pinkiecrazy:

Aw man! No PinkNata? :pinkiesick:

It's new though! I'm intrigued! :pinkiehappy:

8416430
As many ideas as I have, you'd think I'd be churning out stories left and right. Unfortunately between some depression and severe chronic back pain, inspiration is fleeting when it comes to actually putting my ideas to paper (screen). I do keep a folder of ideas and character concepts in hopes of one day returning to writing.

Alright. This was good.

Fence-sitters: Just read it already.

"Or together, you mean," Aria said. Even her grump was lessened.

Whaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!??????????😲😲😲😲😲😲

Dang it! My theory of Pinkie x Pinkie was wrong! I like this though!

Well that was... wow...

Excellent story. Very well done. Let the binge continue!

8034173
Reread this for the umpteenth time... Still adore it!

Bloody YouTube locked the video of the duet! Argh!

This is a fun adventurous tale can't wait to read the rest

That sure was unexpected

Login or register to comment