• Published 25th Feb 2017
  • 518 Views, 2 Comments

Kimono, "The Beloved" Dragon - maxisscrewed



My name is Kimono. For all my life I have been loved and asked for advice, but why? Why is it so amazing that I know all? I made my Sanctuary after being bitten by that dragon, and now I realize that it is my job to help the future children.

  • ...
 2
 518

Chapter 4 - Please Apologize

Kimono wasn't used to walking on her leg. She had almost forgotten how to do it over the years, but she slowly found her way and was able to trot with the others. "See, that's the way," the hyper pink girl giggled, hopping along. "I knew you could walk!"

"Yes, I did too, pink one." The girl laughed with an ending snort.

"My name is Pinkie Pie, silly!"

"Pinkie?" Kimono's eyes widened of the shock and trauma of the name. "Pinkie..."

"What?"

"I do believe it would be your two times great grandmother, but I knew a Pinkie Pie. She just wasn't so hyper."

"Oh, cool! Was there a fun one?"

"Yes. Minty. She was always getting in trouble."

"Oh. Well I don't like getting in trouble but sometimes it happens you know sometimes but most of the time it's not even my fault and it's the Cake's twins and I-"

"-mind her," Rarity sighed as the pink pony continued, hopping along happily. "So, do you like fashion?"

"Do I look like I like fashion?"

"Oh! Uh, possibly?"

"I have not seen a pair of socks in a hundred and fifty years, and those were on Minty."

"You're one bucket of sunshine, aren't ya," Applejack teased and Kimono blinked her fluttery eyes.

"No. The sun does not shine at Sanctuary anymore." The group eyed the beautiful pony.

"Uh, it was a joke," Applejack mumbled.

"Oh. Ha."

Rainbow Dash leaned over to Fluttershy and whispered in her ear. "Kimono's, like, really weird. Let's bail-"

"You would be strange as well, if you were stuck here all alone and this is the first pony interaction you have had in years and years."

"How did you hear that," Dash stuttered.

"I hear all." Fluttershy gasped in shock as she watched the pony's ears become sharper. The thick fur fell out and they flicked a bit, but none of the others noticed except for her.

"Kimono?"

"Yes, Fluttershy?"

"What's- Never mind." Fluttershy didn't want to startle the old pony, so she suggested it was best to keep to herself.

"You were going to mention the scales."

"Yeah," Fluttershy whispered.

"Do not fear them, for they happen more often than usual. Twilight Sparkle?"

"Yes?" Twilight was tired from making every building, bush and rock they passed into a beautiful version of itself.

"You do not have to make them all perfect."

"Yes I do," Twilight roared, spinning to push her snout against the other pony's.

"I know why you are mad, and it is petty."

"Oh really? Then why don't you work your magic and tell us all what wise old Kimono knows! You aren't even a unicorn for Luna's sake!"

"You are mad," Kimono began, standing taller to Twilight by raising her head and glaring deep into her soul. The wind whipped her mane and tail around as the chill in the wind picked up and the black clouds barrelled overhead. Kimono's eyes illuminated pure green and her pupils reduced to fine slits. Venom trickled down her fangs and slowly scales crept over her neck. "Because you were not given a ridiculous award about how smart you are!"

"It isn't ridiculous like this stupid journey we had to go on to find an old coot!"

"I know exactly why you came, because Fluttershy sent you here to get me so that I could lead your army!" Kimono barred her teeth and hissed, flicking her snake tongue inside of her mouth. "And if all ponies act the way you do, Twilight Sparkle, I think I will have to side with the dragons when I was not going to side at all!"

"Twilight, just apologize," Rarity cried over the winds and Twilight hissed.

"No!"

"Apologies do not work," Kimono shouted even more horrifically than Luna could, "apologies are just words!"

"I would die before I ever gave you an apology!" Kimono shut her eyes and took a deep, long breath, sitting down. "Say something! Fight back! Are you too scared, you old, friendless hag?"

"You wonder why I am the wisest pony in the land," Kimono murmured, "because I am better than fighting like a child."

Twilight shrieked in disgust and stormed away, making the others follow slowly.

"Kimono," Spike hiccuped, sobbing as he hugged onto her and buried his face in her fur. "Do it for my Dad..." With that Kimono stood slowly and opened her normal eyes, watching Twilight gallop and the girls trudge.

"Yes, Spike, I was going to."