• Published 25th Feb 2017
  • 513 Views, 2 Comments

Kimono, "The Beloved" Dragon - maxisscrewed



My name is Kimono. For all my life I have been loved and asked for advice, but why? Why is it so amazing that I know all? I made my Sanctuary after being bitten by that dragon, and now I realize that it is my job to help the future children.

  • ...
 2
 513

Chapter 1 - The Wisest Pony in Ponyville

Twilight sat with her head up high and her pride blaring like a flashlight. Today was the day that Princess Celestia would announce the smartest pony in Ponyville, and everyone knew who that was. "Hey Twi," a familiar southern accent sang as a body plopped down next to her. "Ready to be announced today?"

"You'll get it for sure," Pinkie Pie squealed, cramming herself in between Applejack and Twilight.

"You bet," Twilight giggled, grinning from ear to ear. "I even have everything planned out! A twenty seven page long speech, all memorized and up here!" She pointed to her head with her hoof and gasped of happiness and anxiety when the Princess walked out to the balcony.

"Greetings, fellow ponies! Today I will declare the wisest pony of Ponyville, the one to help us in our battle to slay the dragons!" Her eyes widened when she spotted Spike's shocked face out of the audience. "Not you, Spike," she quickly muttered before clearing her throat. "To slay the bad dragons that hate us all and wish to kill all of ponykind! The wisest pony of Ponyville is beautiful..."

"Yes," Twilight whispered.

"Kind..."

"Yes..."

"Has the most beautiful purple hair and fur in all of Equestria..."

"It's Twilight," her friends chattered excitedly.

"It's Twilight," the audience groaned. Celestia looked around with a sly grin and held her head up high.

"Kimono." Everyone gasped. Twilight's jaw dropped to the floor along with her heart. "Kimono is the wisest pony in the land."

"But Princess," Applejack subsided, "who is Kimono?"

"Kimono is old and remembers a time when unicorns and pegasi did not even roam with the earth ponies. She tells times of the past and lives in Sanctuary. I've never seen her myself, but I can tell by my magic that someone lives there."

"Where's Sanctuary," Rainbow Dash called up to the balcony.

"Past the Everfree Forest is where no pony dares to travel, because nopony has come back alive to tell to tale. We call it Old Ponyville, for it is exactly how it sounds. All the way through the abandoned town, there is a cherry blossom and a marble trail that leads down to a gazebo. Do not think about going though, it is too dangerous." Then with that, Princess Celestia gave a nod and turned to leave back into her palace.

Tears streamed down Twilight's cheeks, but Fluttershy grabbed onto her hoof. "Come on."

"What," the other five asked in shock.

"We're going to Old Ponyville."

"You want to go, Fluttershy?"

"Yeah, sure," she sighed, fidgeting with her tail. "I think we can find Kimono. Meet back here tomorrow morning and we'll leave, alright?" Fluttershy stood quickly and galloped away, keeping her head down.

"Do ya'll think something's wrong with Shy?"

"No, Applejack, she knows Everfree better than any of us," Rarity sighed with a smile. "Twilight, we're going to make you meet Kimono so that you can see how much smarter she is. The princess doesn't know what she's talking about, dear!"

Then after the girls left, Twilight was left alone in the rain sobbing. Spike frowned and jumped up next to her, grabbing her hoof to hold it and he kicked his legs, keeping his eyes locked on the ground. "Sorry, Twi." She sniffed deeply.

"It's not your fault Spike."