• Published 21st Feb 2017
  • 516 Views, 7 Comments

Rainbow Dash Goes to Hell - Obsidian Chitin



After her death, Rainbow Dash ends up in the Equestrian underworld.

  • ...
 7
 516

Endgame

Rainbow Dash stared in horror at Harmonia. “She was right, about everything!” Her fear turned to anger very quickly. She stomped the ground and flared her nostrils. “Give her back!”

Harmonia tsked. “Rainbow Dash, you were so promising. One of my beloved children, tasked with holding my Element of Loyalty, and my sister has corrupted you to betray me.”

“I’m loyal to my friends.” Rainbow countered.

“We can start over. Let your anger go, and I will return you to your rightful form, and you will live to adventure with your friends, like you used to. It will be like none of this ever happened. Weren’t you happy, Rainbow Dash?” Harmonia said.

“This isn’t about me.” Rainbow said. “This is about how you control everypony to live in your idea of a perfect world!”

“Why is that so bad? I have worked hard to circumvent my foolish sister’s inane limitations, to protect and nurture ponykind. I created you, you know. Earth Ponies, Unicorns, Pegasi, I created you all. What did my sister create? The Windigoes. Persephone has been trying to destroy you!” Harmonia said, her voice starting to slide from kind and gentle to angry and gentle. “I helped influence the founding of Equestria, brought forth the first two Alicorns, created the Tree and Elements of Harmony to allow them to defeat evil and to spread peace and harmony throughout the land! It was Persephone that corrupted innocent creatures and sent them to harm my ponies! Why are you mad at me and not her?”

Doubt entered Rainbow’s mind. Persephone was behind Discord? And Tirek? And Sombra? And the Changelings?

“She was only trying to test us, and we won every time.” Rainbow replied, her resolve weaker than before.

“Only because of my help. She could have enslaved the Pony race. She would have brought great hardship to Equestria, had I not intervened.” Harmonia said. “It could have collapsed, just like the Griffon Kingdom.”

“Yeah, it could have…” Rainbow said. Was she wrong this whole time? Had Persephone just been manipulating her? She knew she didn’t want the ponies to end up like the griffons, after all.

The griffons…?

“Why didn’t you help the griffons?” Rainbow asked.

Harmonia blinked. “Why would I? Griffons don’t spread friendship.”

“You… You only care about ponies?” Rainbow asked. Resolve was beginning to build once again.

“That’s not true! I’ve seen what you and Pinkie Pie have done in Griffonstone, what you have managed for the Yaks, how Spike got a pony-minded dragon to be the Dragon Lord, and Starlight’s reformation of the Changelings! They’re all better now!” Harmonia said. “I set things in motion to improve their lives!”

“No, you just want to turn them into other Equestrias! In fact, if you care so much about peace and harmony, why is the Griffon Kingdom in such a sorry state? Why were the Changelings starving? Why are so many dragons jerks? Are you racist? Are ponies just better to you?” Rainbow Dash shouted, steam metaphorically rising from her ears.

“Of course ponies are superior, I designed them that way. They have a capability for magic and harmony all other races lack.” Harmonia said. “Making the other cultures more like Equestria’s will naturally improve them. I thought you knew that already?” Harmonia explained patiently.

“You utter bucking bastard.” Rainbow spat out. “You valued ponies beyond every other race just because you created them. I oughtta smash you to pieces!”

Her rage began to rise like never before. Her wings glowed with hellish red energy, the air around her began to waver from the heat. She stopped herself from running full-tilt into Harmonia as the goddess was still in the body of her friend. But there was a target to take her rage out on a few feet behind her.

Harmonia realized what Rainbow was planning. “No! Stop!”

Rainbow Dash jumped into the air and beelined for the Tree of Harmony, the magical glow extending to her whole body. She closed her eyes.

She crashed through the Tree of Harmony, shattering it to pieces. The sound deafened Rainbow for a few moments and she smashed into the far side of the cave. She passed out, rolling to the floor.