• Published 21st Feb 2017
  • 4,460 Views, 65 Comments

A Wielder and His Students - Golden Flare



2012. The year that was prophesied to be the end of the world. But in reality, it was a test for humanity, and we failed. Well, except for a select few who passed, like me. Now I have my own Keyblade and live in a new world, teaching future wielders.

  • ...
17
 65
 4,460

Welcome to the Satellite

Author's Note:

In the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds chapter, some Duels that aren't majorly important I'm going to skip and get straight to the main story, so bear with me.

EDIT: I realized my character already knew Cure and switched it with Stop.

The moment we stepped through the portal, Luna and I collapsed, barely registering the others' frantic cries of concern. Once we woke up, Fluttershy was watching over us while reading a book, and nursed our wounds the moment she noticed we were awake. Not long after, Gazing Eye appeared in my hand again and another beam of light shot out of my Keyblade, opening another portal, Fluttershy, although scared out of her mind, decided to go with me to make sure I'm safe this time.

With some hesitation, we entered...


...And immediately found ourselves into some kind of hellhole of a ruined city; smog in the sky, not a soul in sight, the whole sha-bang. At least, until we saw some girl running through the streets wearing some ragged clothing. Maybe this was some sort of slum area?

"...C'mon, Fluttershy," I said, gaining her attention, "let's follow her."

"Oh, um...okay..." she uttered.

We both headed for where that girl was going, which was an old subway passage that was half destroyed, crumbling, and abandoned...well, almost abandoned.

"Yusei! Hey, Yusei! Are ya down here?!" she called out.

A few other guys gave her some greetings, as if she were male, before I laid eyes on a young man working on a really tricked-out motorcycle; he had black, spiky-ish hair with yellow highlights, tan skin, and deep blue eyes, wearing a weird biker jacket, a black shirt with a weird red logo on it, dark grey pants, brown boots, and dark brown long gloves. This guy's appearance screamed "trouble", but this Rally kid seems to take a liking to him.

"Check it out; a Skylon 30 acceleration chip!" Rally said, pulling a computer chip out of her pocket.

"That's a Skylon?" the nerd-looking guy asked, "Aren't those incredibly expensive?"

One of the other guys, with the bandana on his head, gripped Rally's wrist to take a better look at the chip, "It looks like it's never been used. Don't tell me you stole this."

Rally wrenched her arm free, "I didn't steal nothin'! It was just laying on the ground in broad daylight...maybe someone dropped it."

They started chastising Rally about taking things that don't belong to her, how things work around this place, and how they'll track them down if they saw her. It was then that I noticed that funny yellow mark on her cheek, was it some sort of tracking device?

The nerve of some people... I thought, angry that a simple kid would be kept under surveillance. Fluttershy seemed to be thinking the same thing when I saw her angry face, and seeing that on HER were rare occurrences.

"Easy, Nervin." Yusei said, approaching them, "Rally, let me see that."

She handed him the chip, and began incorporating it into his ride, much to the other guys' dismay, and I could understand; my mom raised me not to be a thief, but Rally could be one in some ways, also she's just a kid, probably didn't a proper role model in her life before coming to this place, possibly.

"We know how you feel, Yuse," Nervin began, "but I think it's time to bury the past, move on, and forget about Jack Atlas."

Jack Atlas? Who's that?

But Rally didn't take kindly to that suggestion, "But Jack also took Yusei's best card, remember Nervin?!"

Best card? What kind of world did we end up in?

"And you remember Jack's in the city, and the people over there don't take too kindly to those of us from the Satellite." Nervin countered.

City? Satellite? I thought we were in a city. And what does space junk have to do with this?

"Yeah, and? In case you forgot, sometimes you gotta stand up for yourself!" Rally countered back, defiantly.

Fluttershy had to withhold a gasp at her words, she knew she was an absolute doormat to many ponies back home, but she DID learn to stand up for herself, and yet...Rally's words seem to have struck a chord in her.

But Nervin wasn't going to accept this, "Yusei. Us Satellites should just stay put."

"Jack didn't stay, so why should I?" Yusei asked, matter-of-factly.

"Let him go, bro," Bandana Guy agreed with Nervin, "don't risk your freedom for some wheels and a card. I think Nerv's right; it's time to put the past in the past."

But Yusei didn't want to do so, in fact he kept on working until he heard the power coming from the motorcycle, it was like the ride was fresh out of the factory. Rally began to hand Yusei his helmet and suggest that he take it for a test drive, but all of a sudden, a bright light flashed down into the subway tunnel, surprising everyone, even me and especially Fluttershy, who cowered behind me from the suddenness of the light.

"It's Sector Security!" Nervin shouted.

Sector Security? What's that, a police force?

"IDENTIFICATION NUMBER 8WX86007, YOU ARE IN POSSESSION OF STOLEN PROPERTY! ESCAPE IS NOT AN OPTION! YOU'RE SURROUNDED!"

Stolen property? Don't tell me...!

"Look what you did!" Bandana Guy shouted at Rally.

"I didn't do nothin'!" Rally continued to deny, "Blitz, I promise, I didn't steal anythin'! It's like I said before; it was just lying there and no one was around!"

"None of that matters, Rally!" Bandana Guy, AKA Blitz, said.

Yusei stopped him from ranting any further, "It's gonna be alright."

"So what should we do?"

"There's nothing we CAN do!" Big Guy, who I learned was named Tank, began, "That mark is like a homing device, it sends a signal to Security!"

Rgh...bastards. Picking on a little kid.

Yusei typed something in on a computer near his motorcycle, "I got that covered."

Then, before I could figure out what he's doing, we heard the police, Sector Security, started getting riled up.

Yusei hopped into his ride, "I bought you guys a couple of minutes." Rally handed him his helmet.

"Where do you think you're going?" Blitz asked.

"You take the east tunnel," he pushed a button on his helmet that lowered a visor over his eyes, "I'm gonna take this chip out for a test drive."

We had to properly duck as Yusei drove past us, just so he didn't notice us eavesdropping, and the rest of his gang left through the aforementioned tunnel. After they were gone, Fluttershy asked a good question:

"What do we do now?"

I thought for a moment...then I figured it out, "...We're going after that Yusei guy." Fluttershy gasped when I said that, "We need to know what's going on, and he may be the only sane one with answers here. Let's go."

"But you saw how fast that machine was, how are we going to catch up?"

I smirked, "Already got that taken care of."

"Huh?"


"You on the runner, pull over! There's no use trying to escape!" the leading officer ordered as he on a motorcycle, a cruiser, and a chopper pursued Yusei through the streets.

Soon though, Yusei smashed through a gate to an abandoned factory and hit the brakes as the cops closed in on him. Fluttershy and I were flying over them on my Glider, keeping out of sight of the chopper, so we wouldn't get in trouble too. We landed a certain distance away and snuck up to hear what they were saying.

"...And with you and Rally off to the Facility, Jack will have one less thing to worry about." the leading officer said, from what I can guess, it was a trick all along, "Now tell me: are you going to make this easy and come along quietly?"

Don't do it, dude...

"I will..."

Son of a bitch.

"...If you can beat me."

I smirk. Now THAT'S what I'm talking about.

The leader seemed to laugh at that, "I see you still think you can out-Duel Sector Security. It's too bad the rules say that you Satellites can't carry cards."

"Out-Duel"? Cards? Could this place be...?

Yusei pulled out a deck of cards with a very familiar picture on the back, that proves it: this is a Yu-Gi-Oh world, one that I've never seen before, "Rules were made to be broken...weren't they?" he attached the cards to some sort of deck slot on his wrist, "Now if I win this Duel, Rally and me are free to go, no questions asked, Trudge."

But one of the officers didn't like what Yusei said, "The law does not negotiate with--!"

The leader, named Trudge, held his arm out, silencing him, "And what's in it for me should I accept your proposal?"

"But Article 4-B clearly states that--"

"Well allow me to clearly state this: get moving or else."

I had a feeling that's what was going on. Crooked cops, mainly that Trudge guy. Why am I not surprised?

"This is highly improper!" the lesser cop argued back. At least he had SOME morals.

Trudge turned to him, quite agitated, "I said 'move'! Or would you prefer to be working on trash detail?"

The cop realized that while he had the law memorized to use if need be, Trudge was above him and had no choice but to do as he said, "Back to Command Central everyone, direct orders."

As they left, I felt a little bad for the guy, he was only following orders, but Trudge was abusing his authority. Also judging by how hard Fluttershy was gripping my shoulder, I can clearly see that she didn't like what she was seeing either.

Yusei continued with his terms, "Well, should you accept and win, you'll tell Sector Security to call off their hunt for Rally."

"And how does that benefit me?" Trudge asked.

"'Cause I'm gonna say that it was me who stole the chip, and that I tried to flee the scene, but couldn't outrun your pursuit. A statement like that will probably bump you up to Sergeant. So whataya say, officer?"

I hope this Yusei is good enough at Yu-Gi...ahem, Duel Monsters to beat this Trudge freak.

Speak of the devil, he walked back to his motorcycle, "You've got yourself a deal...fool." We'll see who's the fool, Trudge.

The two lined up their rides, as if they were getting ready for a race, and lowered their helmet visors.

"Here we go. I'll engage the Speed World Field Spell." Trudge said, pushing a button on his control panel.

A Field Spell named Speed World? Just before the Duel starts? What did I miss on this show?

//Duel Mode engaged.// a computerized AI voice spoke, //Autopilot activated.//

The area around them turned cosmic as a Life Point counter appeared over each of their heads, displaying 4,000, guess some things really do never change.

"Let's ride!!" they both called out before driving off.

Fluttershy and I came out of our hiding spot and watched them go, what in the blue hell kind of Dueling was this? "Fluttershy. Let's go after them. I GOTTA see this."

She nodded and I summoned my Glider again, with Fluttershy climbing on and holding on to my back as I flew after them.


As soon as we caught up, the Duel just begun, and Trudge drew first, "I can't wait to finally put you away," he then played a monster on his field, "and my Assault Dog's gonna help make sure of it!" the monster summoned was an armored dog with a turret gun on each side of it, displaying it's ATK, or Attack Points, at 1,200, "With it on the field, I play a card facedown and end my turn."

It was Yusei's turn as he drew from his own deck, "It's my move then, and with the power of my Speed Counter, I can summon..." he slapped down a monster card and a robotic humanoid appeared, "...Speed Warrior!" it's ATK came out at 900, which weirded me out, why summon a monster that weak? Unless...

Trudge smirked as his visor showed Speed Warrior's ATK and DEF, which appeared to be 400, "You never WERE good at math, now were you? I mean that monster's Attack Points are less than mine. Why bother summoning him out?"

At this point, Yusei sped up a bit, and Speed Warrior started to glow, it's ATK going up from 900 to 1,800.

Trudge's smirk disappeared and in its place, a look of shock, "Hey, why did it's Attack Points double like that?!" I was just wondering the same thing, Trudge.

"I heard you were at the bottom of your class at the academy, and I can see why now." Yusei's remark made me and Fluttershy chuckle a bit.

Trudge looked slightly annoyed now, "Huh, still a wise guy, I see. I expected nothing less." he didn't even TRY to deny what Yusei just said, maybe this'll be easy for him after all.

"Well, did you expect my Speed Warrior to take out your blast dog?!" Yusei asked, ordering the attack on Trudge's monster, effectively destroying it.

Trudge's Life Points went from 4,000 to 3,400, "You always were a know-it-all, but I'm about to teach you a brand new lesson, Yusei!" suddenly, another Assault Dog appeared on to Trudge's side of the field, "You see, when Assault Dog is sent to the Graveyard because of an attack, I can summon another one from my deck to take its place."

Yusei snatched a card out of his hand and set it down, "Still using the same old deck I see, I play a facedown and end my turn." after that, Speed Warrior's ATK went back down to 900.

"And now that your Speed Warrior's Attack Points are halved, I remove my Assault Dog from play to bring out Handcuffs Dragon!"

A weird-ass dragon with handcuff-like rings on its mouth and tail appeared with 1,800 ATK, scaring the living hell out of Fluttershy as she gripped me for dear life.

"Here's a quick math lesson; with 1,800 Attack Points, your Speed Warrior is about get subtracted from the playing field!"

Handcuffs Dragon charged at the machine man with the intention of destroying it utterly.

"Not if I play my facedown! Scrap-Iron Scarecrow!" Yusei revealed a Trap Card I've never seen before, "With this, I can absorb your dragon's attack and save my Speed Warrior!"

But Trudge didn't look the least bit worried, "Hah, you mean that would've worked, if not for..." he revealed his own Trap, "the Wiretap Trap Card!"

Yusei grit his teeth as his scarecrow Trap was destroyed.

"Handcuffs Dragon! Take out his monster!"

The freaky dragon charged in and pinched Speed Warrior with its cuff-like pincher and crushed it into shards of light, making Yusei's Life Points drop down to 3,100.

"Your deck's made up of cards others threw away, and no matter how patch it up, trash is still trash!"

"Ugh, man, what a jackass!" I said to Fluttershy above the two Duelists, "Can you believe this?"

"I can't." Fluttershy uttered, "How somepony, or somebody, be so cruel?"

"That's most of humanity for you; no matter how many good people there are in the world, there will always be bad people. Always."

Back to the Duel, Yusei began to recover from losing his monster, "It's my turn. I summon Sonic Chick in Defense Mode!" he called out another monster: a pink feather bird wearing red boots, its DEF, or Defense Points, at 300, "With that, I place two cards facedown and end my turn."

Trudge began to laugh, "Just like a Satellite to hide behind junk! Well, I'll flush you out." he drew and smirked. Uh-oh. he then sent three cards in his hand to the Graveyard, "One, two, three! Hahahahahahahaha! Now by sending those three cards to my Graveyard, I can Special Summon Montage Dragon to the field!" a menacing three-headed dragon appeared with 3,000 ATK, seriously scaring Fluttershy more than the last one, "And with a powerful beast like that in play, it's only a matter of time before this Duel is over and I get to turn you in!"

"Fluttershy! Take it easy! I can't drive like this!" I said.

When I finally regained control of my Glider and Fluttershy calmed down slightly, I saw a screen appear in front of me with a picture of Montage Dragon's card.

"What the...?!"

//Montage Dragon's Attack Points are equal to the total level of the monsters sent to the Graveyard multiplied by 300.//

"Well...that's new." I simply said as the screen closed itself out.

Yusei's visor showed the ATK stat of the new monster, "...Quite the beast."

"Wait till you see it in action!" Trudge began, "But first my Handcuffs Dragon is taking out your Sonic Chick!"

The aforementioned dragon charged forward and pinched the poor bird, destroying it like Speed Warrior, making Yusei growl and Fluttershy suddenly went silent.

"And with him outta the picture, I'm just one attack from putting you away for good! Go, Power Collage!"

The tri-headed dragon blasted their own beam out of their mouths, kicking up dust in the area around Yusei and making his Life Points take a massive nosedive, from 3,100 all the way down to a measly 100. Not only that, but also his Speed Counter, which was at 4 by this point, now dropped down to 1.

"You may have knocked me down, but it'll more than that to knock me out." Yusei said, defiantly.

"There's not a card in your deck that can save you now!" Trudge disagreed.

"Jeez, arrogant much, Trudge?" I mutter.

"How dare you..."

I looked back to see Fluttershy's eyes shadowed under her bangs, "Flutters? You okay?"

She whipped her head up glared at Trudge below us, "How DARE you!!"

I placed a hand over her mouth, "Shhhh! Are you TRYING to get us caught?!"

Meanwhile, Yusei drew as it was his turn again...and smiled confidently, "It's go time." he played a Monster Card with an interesting Type, "I summon out the Junk Synchron Tuner Monster!" a weird, puny humanoid machine-like monster appeared with 1,300 ATK.

Synchron? Tuner? I've never heard of any of these terms in Yu-Gi-Oh.

Another screen appeared in front of us, //Junk Synchron is a Level 3 Tuner Monster. Tuner Monsters combine with other monsters to form more powerful Synchro Monsters.//

Synchro Monsters? So it's kinda like Fusion Monsters, I guess...?

"You have a Tuner Monster? That can't be..." Trudge said.

"And yet somehow it is." Yusei interjected, "Next, I activate the Graceful Revival Trap Card, and it allows me to do what us Satellites do best: recycle my Speed Warrior from my Graveyard!"

With that, the Trap did its job and revived Speed Warrior back to Yusei's field. But what's he gonna do next? Those cards aren't strong enough against either of those dragons.

Trudge growled as Yusei continued, "Now I tune my Junk Synchron with my Speed Warrior, to Synchro Summon Junk Warrior!" Junk Synchron pulled a cord on his side and turned into three green rings that went through Speed Warrior, changing him into two orbs of light, and then a massive beam of light shot through the rings, "Let's rev it up!"

The light died down to reveal another mechanical humanoid that looked like it was merged with Speed Warrior and Junk Synchron, with a total of 2,300 ATK. Could this be Synchro Summoning?

"Clever move," Trudge began as he looked pretty nervous, "but your monster's still not strong enough to stop my Montage Dragon! Looks like after all that, you still underestimated the power of my beast!" Trudge, you simple-minded fool.

"And you underestimated the power of my deck!" Yusei countered, activating a Spell Card, "Go, Vision Wind!"

"My Vision Wind?!" His? "You won that from me on your last day at the Re-education Center!" Oh. "What're you gonna do with it?!"

"Win this Duel! As I'm sure you remember, with it I can Special Summon one Level 2 or below monster from my Graveyard. And I summon my Speed Warrior!" In a plume of wind, Speed Warrior returned to the field once again. Guess third time really IS the charm. "With it on the field, Junk Warrior's special ability activates, making Junk Warrior nine-hundred points stronger!" I get it now! Junk Warrior must gain the ATK of whatever monster is with it on the field...at least, that's what I think after seeing Junk Warrior's ATK go up from its usual 2,300 to a whopping 3,200.

Trudge immediately realized that Junk Warrior is strong enough to take out his strongest dragon, "How could I let a punk kid from the Satellite Sector get the upper hand? With that power..."

"My Junk Warrior's gonna make sure me and Rally stay free!" As Yusei said that, Junk Warrior charged forward and destroyed Handcuffs Dragon first, reducing Trudge's Life Points from 3,400 to 2,000.

And yet, the jackass AGAIN didn't look too worried, "I bet you thought that by attacking you'd only be hurting me, but in fact you really just hurt yourself! But that's nothing new, is it, Yusei?" the spirit of Handcuffs Dragon returned and wrapped itself around Junk Warrior, sapping away at its ATK until it went down to 1,400, "As I recall, you were to act first and think second. Reminds me of the time you tried to break curfew with Rally; you never thought you'd be caught, but one never does until they are! I can still remember the scared look on Rally's face, and I can't wait to see it again once your friend is rounded up."

You bastard...

"Well KEEP waiting, 'cause I'm not losing!" Yusei said.

"Not what?!" Hard of hearing, Trudge?

"I activate the Trap Card, Equip Shot!" Yusei revealed his other Trap, "This releases my Warrior from your dragon's grip and let's me use its ability against you!" Junk Warrior all but ripped Handcuffs Dragon off of him and threw it at Montage Dragon, returning Junk Warrior's ATK to 3,200 and reducing Montage Dragon's ATK to 1,200, much to my and Fluttershy's joy.

"Ahhh! You can't use my monster against me!" Says who?

"Growing up on the streets, I learned to become very resourceful; using everything to my advantage. And that includes using my opponent's own move against themselves! Junk Warrior, end this!"

Junk Warrior charged one last time and punched Montage Dragon into pieces, making Trudge cry out as his Life Points hit 0 and his motorcycle spit out steam every which way because of it.

"Ugh...there goes my promotion..." Trudge uttered in disbelief, "Guess I'm going back to being a Duel Runner Meter Maid..."

Yusei stopped near Trudge for some choice words, "You mentioned earlier how you wanted to teach me a lesson, well how 'bout I leave you with this: don't underestimate us Satellites or our decks, 'cause what you see as weakness is what truly makes us strong." he then drove off and spoke to Trudge via com link, //Tell Jack 'thanks for the chip'.//

Trudge growled, "Things ain't over between you and me..."

I decided now was the time to finally approach Yusei and talk to him about what's going on here, and I got a very powerful feeling that we haven't seen the last of Trudge. We landed a distance away from where Yusei stopped and saw him staring out at a grand and bright city across the ocean.

"Get ready, Domino City. I'm coming." he said.

We walked out from our hiding spot and I called out, "Hey." Yusei quickly spun around to see us, "Nice Duel back there. Really showed that guy a thing or two."

"...Who are you two? I've never seen either of you in the Satellite before."

"It's...a bit difficult to explain, you might not even believe us if we told you. But, if you can answer our questions, we'll answer yours. Deal?"

Yusei seemed a bit hesitant, and I don't blame him; two complete strangers asking him to answer questions and they answer his after? I'd be skeptical myself! But he looks like he relented, "Alright, deal."

"Okay, which one should I start with?...Um...what exactly is going on here?"


A long while after that day, we traded info in exchange for info; this place is a recycling center for those of the lower class and everyone here are forbidden from entering New Domino City, makes me wonder what happened to the original Domino City...either way, New Domino City is a place mainly for rich snobs and anybody marked with one of those yellow trackers are ostracized by society as lowlifes and scum, even Rally...whom of which we learned was really a boy who just LOOKS like a girl, which is weird. After that was finished, we explained where we came from, who and what we are, and why we're here, naturally Yusei and his crew didn't believe us, until we summoned our Keyblades, giving them some form of proof, I suppose. Lastly, I told them that I was a retired Duelist and that I've never heard of Synchro Summoning before until that night, and Yusei agreed to teach me if we found some Synchro Monsters in the recycling bins. One other thing, in that timeframe, I learned a few new spells: Stop, Reflect, and Magnet.

Which leads to mine and Fluttershy's current predicament: working at the Satellite, recycling the snobs' garbage, I mean jeez, you'd think they'd pay or feed us for a job well done at the very least, it's a good thing we grabbed some humanly edible food from Equestria when our new friends were hungry. Speaking of which, Blitz, Tank, and Nervin were talking about food when some punk-asses tripped Tank up and made him drop his boxes full of trash.

"Tank!" Blitz exclaimed.

"What happened?!" Nervin asked.

"Rgh...I fell." Tank moaned out.

"No, you didn't." I walked over to the troublesome trio sitting nearby, "'Punk-ass Magee' here tripped you."

"Heh, a smart kid with a smart mouth." the leader of the trio said, smugly.

The guy with the sunglasses spoke next, "Hah, it looks like he scuffed up your shoe real bad, what do you think he should do about it?"

The freak with the abnormally long index finger chuckled as the leader spoke again, "How 'bout he buys me a brand new pair of kicks and we call it even? I wear a size 11."

Before anyone could say or do anything, I decided to add my two bits, "I got a better idea: how about I give you a pair of kicks...in your teeth?" the trio looked shocked for a moment, "How's the funny yellow mark there? Get caught by Sector Security for your ugly mug disturbing the peace?"

The leader growled and stood up, "I'll show YOU ugly!" he grabbed the collar of my tunic and reared back a punch.

"Dude, I don't think that's a good ide--"

POW!

I barely even felt it as I slowly turned my head to face him, surprising him and his cronies, "...You done?" I harshly gripped his wrist and pulled his fist off my face, "My turn." I reared my own fist and punched him halfway across the room and into a trash bin, dumping the filth all over him as his cronies watched, frozen in fear. With that done, I began to walk away, "Let's go."

Fluttershy followed while Blitz, Tank, and Nervin tried to process what the hell just happened before snapping out of it and coming with us.


"Cure." I said as a green aura surrounded me and easing my pain.

I hated bullies with burning passion and still do, that's why I laid into that horse's ass with my words and my fists.

"I still don't get how you can do that." Nervin said.

"That was pretty reckless, kid." Blitz began, "What would've happened if that guy's buddies ganged up on you?"

"I knew they wouldn't; they're cowards who pick on the weak, and when they pick on someone stronger than them, they leave them alone after a small...demonstration. Cowards think they have power over the weak, but when real power rears its head, they fear it. Such is human nature." I explain.

"Forget all that!" Rally began, "Yusei maxed out his Duel Runner!"

"Yeah, like how 'maxed out'?" Blitz asked.

"Enough to get outta here." Yusei answers.

"Ha, you shoulda seen him and his Runner speedin' through tunnels!" Rally began to explain, I stopped him.

"I think we can take your word for it." I turn to Yusei, "So, quick question: how exactly are you gonna get outta this pit? Last I checked, your ride can't fly or go over water."

"Don't worry, I got it all planned out...probably." he said.

I raise an eyebrow, "Why doesn't that give me much confidence?"

Yusei began typing on his computer as Tank spoke up, "So what's this plan you think MIGHT work, Yusei?"

"Oh, it's GONNA work, Tank!" Rally insisted.

"Well, I hope you're right, Rally, 'cause if everything falls into place, Stardust Dragon will be mine again and we'll all be one step closer to leaving the Satellite." Yusei answered.

"Yuse, are you sure that card is worth the risk?" Blitz asked him, "I mean, you REALLY think that card will make a difference?"

"Of course it will, don't you remember the feeling when you first saw it in action?" Tank began, "'Cause I'll never forget it! Seeing the Duel Runner Yusei made from spare parts in the recycling center was amazing, and then when Yuse started it up and showed us what it could do, it was like a whole, new world opened up!"

"I think I know the feeling all too well..." I mumble to myself.

"Yeah!" Nervin added, "And then when he summoned his Stardust Dragon, I couldn't believe my eyes OR ears! I mean you were screaming at the top of your lungs, Blitz!" Knowing these guys, I would've paid big money to see that.

"That's right, I lost my voice for a week after all that hollerin', too bad Jack took away our dreams..."

"How cruel..." Fluttershy mumbled. If only you knew the depths of humanity's cruelty, my student...

"Well, Yusei's about to get them back, 'cause with this new Runner, Jack doesn't stand a chance!"

"Yeah! What're we waitin' for?!" Tank asked, all pumped up.

"Midnight tonight." Yusei answered.

"Why? What's at midnight?" Nervin asked.

"The tiniest of opportunities." Yusei began, "Check this out, guys, see, the only way between the Satellite and New Domino City is this sewer pipeline here, problem is, they flood it with trash 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. But once a month at midnight, they shut the system down to check the compressor pumps, then a maintenance hatch is automatically opened, and THAT'S when I'll get my chance to make it through."

After Yusei finished explaining his plan to us, there was a brief silence as some of what Yusei said went over mine and Fluttershy's heads since Equestria doesn't have very much in technology and I've never had any interest in industrial machinery. And the others...

"...A sewer?" Nervin asked, "That's sounds...a bit...unhygienic."

"Well, it's either that, or stay here with all the punks and dickweeds..." I turn to the shadows, "Isn't that right...Punk-ass Magee?"

The aforementioned punk and his lackeys walks in, ready for a fight, "That ain't my name, little man. How's the healing goin'?"

"How's the trash bath I gave you?" I respond back, angering him.

"Shut it, tough guy!" Mr. Sunglasses barked, "I'll show you what tough is--"

"Fire." I launch a fireball over his head with my Keyblade, scaring the living shit out of him and the fireball explodes harmlessly in midair behind them, "YOU shut it...chickenshit."

He took the hint and backed off as the leader approached, not caring that I just demonstrated a feat of magic, "That's a pretty sweet Runner you got there. How much do ya want for it?"

"Sorry, pal, no dice."

"Well, if it's not for sale, how about you give it to me instead of the shoes we're here to collect?"

"The only things you'll be 'collecting' are the limbs I'll chop off your rotting corpses if you don't leave. NOW."

"Or would you prefer I go topside and tell Sector Security that you're hiding an illegal Duel Runner down here?"

"Why don't we Duel for it?" Yusei offered, interrupting the verbal sparring.

"Heh, Duel me? You might as well just hand it over to me now. Well, how do these stakes sound? I win, and that Runner's mine, you win, and we leave you alone. So...?" The leader had Mr. Sunglasses strap on a dark grey Duel Disk to his left arm as it activated.

"Don't Duel him, Yusei." Blitz disagreed.

"He's just a bully." Nervin agreed.

"And bullies never learn...unless you stand up to them." Yusei said, making Fluttershy look at him in shock.

Stand up...to the bullies? she thought.

"But what if you lose to him, Yuse?" Blitz continued to disagree.

Yusei disengaged his Duel Disk from his Runner and attached it to his arm, "We'll be fine, Blitz."

"Huh, I think I'll change the color." the leader just couldn't keep his mouth shut.

I decided to make a reference, "Your overconfidence is your weakness."

"Don't do it, Yuse, please!" Tank begged, "This Runner is the key to our...our..."

"Future. That's why I have to do this." Yusei finished.

"Well, your future's coming with me, so you better start making new plans for tomorrow." the leader and his punk-asses laughed as they moved away from Yusei to get a better arena for their Duel. Knowing Yusei, he's got this in the bag. "Let's Duel!"

(Duel Skip)

The Duel just began and I already found out that Yusei's afraid of bugs like my brother was and still is, JD's biggest bug fear is spiders, but that's for another time, besides, for a guy who's scared of creepy crawlies, he seems to be composing himself rather well, much better than JD. Dumbass just attacked himself with his own Retribution of the Antlion Spell Card trying to Tribute Summon a better monster to his field, then went on a monologue about how Sector Security dumped him in the Satellite and with Yusei's Runner, he'll be "back to where he belongs".

"The only place YOU belong is in hell with the other scumbags!" I call out.

As his Chainsaw Insect attacked, I finally got to see what exactly Scrap-Iron Scarecrow does: it stops an attack cold and goes back facedown on the field, but it can only be used once per turn, which sucks. His other bugs destroyed Yusei's only monster and dealt damage to his Life Points, including his Spell Card. After using the Double Summon Spell Card, Yusei finally summoned out Junk Warrior with Junk Synchron and Speed Warrior, then used Fighting Spirit, an Equip Spell, to boost Junk Warrior's ATK by 300 points for every monster Punk-ass Magee controls. Yusei then stacked the deck further against him by playing the Spell, Domino Effect.

//With the Spell Card, Domino Effect, for every card on your field that you send to the Graveyard, one of your opponent's monster's is destroyed.//

And so, Junk Warrior attacked Chainsaw Insect, Yusei sent his Equip Spell and Trap to his Graveyard and the other monsters toppled like...well, dominos, and exploded in shards of light. Again, dumbass forgot his Spell was still in play and lost his remaining Life Points, winning Yusei the duel. Yusei walked up to him, explaining that an "old friend" of his taught him something about Duel Monsters, but I didn't pay much attention, Fluttershy was cowering over the insect monsters and I had to comfort her. He decided that maybe they can be friends someday and that maybe they'll Duel topside.

Yusei smiled, "Just no bugs, okay?"

I don't trust the guy or his cronies, but I'll let it slide...for now.


As we were waiting for midnight to hit, I noticed Yusei staring out at the massive crack in the ceiling of the tunnel we were in, who knows what's going through his mind right now? When I went back to take a quick power nap, I saw a deck of Duel Monsters cards near my sleeping spot and a note with them. I pick up the note and read it:

I hope these will help, it wasn't easy getting these from your old home, but maybe some familiar territory might give you some assistance.

--God

P.S. I unlocked the Formchange function for your Keyblade, now you can will it to change into any form you imagine, including a Duel Disk and even a Duel Runner. Enjoy!

God? The guy who sent me here?

Wait...could these be...?!

I looked at the cards...

YES!!! My old deck from my Dueling days!

Thanks a million, God!


"You've only got one shot at this Yusei; the maintenance hatch opens at midnight, and only stays open for three minutes after that..." Nervin began to explain.

"He knows..." Rally groaned.

"...Then they flood that pipeline with garbage..."

"He knows!"

"...And as soon as you jump over that sewage plant's fence, the--"

"HE KNOWS! Try being positive for once, Nervin!"

"I thought I was..."

Blitz spoke next, "Hey, Yusei!" Yusei turned to his group, "Can you really do this?"

"A test run is one thing, but uh, the real thing is something else...if they catch you--" Nervin tried to discourage.

"Don't listen to these guys, Yusei!" Tank at least tried to remain positive, "Just, uh, hit the gas and don't ever look back!" That's a real confidence booster...I guess.

"Almost forgot!" Rally ran up to Yusei and his Runner, "Here, for good luck!" Rally gave him a card.

"What is it, Rally?" he asked.

"Turbo Booster!"

"Wasn't this your father's card?"

Rally nodded in response, "I want you to take it. Like my dad always says, 'You never know when you might need a boost'! I just hope it can help you get back your Stardust Dragon from Jack!" I felt Fluttershy tense up from the word "dragon" and I wrapped an arm around her to calm her down.

Yusei inserted his new card into the Disk Duel of his Runner and slipped his helmet on, "...You gonna be on the monitor?"

Rally nodded again, "We'll go topside so we can get a clear signal, now rev it up!"

"And don't slow down for nothin'!" Blitz ordered.

"Fluttershy." I whispered in her ear, "Once we get above ground, we're going after Yusei. He might need all the help he can get."

Fluttershy nods just as Yusei pulls out.

"You go, Yusei!!" Rally called out as Yusei vanished.


Once we got outside, when the others were climbing to a higher vantage point, I activated my Glider with Fluttershy and flew after our new friend, immediately noticing a certain crooked cop on his ass: Trudge.

"Grr...bastard." I grumble.

"Pull over, Yusei!" Trudge ordered him while Yusei looked confused, "Where do you think YOU'RE going? Don't you know it's 2 hours past curfew, or can you still not tell time?" It goes without saying that me and Fluttershy are REALLY not happy to see him again. "Pull over!" But Yusei sped up to get away from Trudge as he muttered, "Kids these days, never do what they're told." Gee, I wonder why, asshole? "Is he going through the sewage plant?" First hard of hearing, now half blind? Geez, what kind of cop IS this guy?!

Yusei barged through the tiny blockade and with a mighty leap, jumped over the gates to the plant.

"Hanson, come in!" Trudge barked, "Open the security gates and do it quick!" the gates opened up as ordered and Trudge continued to follow Yusei.

//He's heading for the compactors!// the guy named Hanson said through his com link with Trudge.

"I'm on him! He won't get far! There's nowhere he can go!" Jesus, does this moron EVER give up?!

"I really, REALLY dislike that man..." Fluttershy muttered.

"Yeah, me too..." I agreed.

"You may have beaten me in our last Duel, but I've got something special planned for you, and this time I'm taking you down." Yusei looked back curiously at that. "See, with that chip you installed, I can now force you to Turbo Duel." Trudge pushed a button on his motorcycle's touch screen, activating the Speed World Field Spell.

//Duel Mode engaged. Autopilot standing by...// the computer in Trudge's ride spoke.

//Overriding suspect's Duel Runner.// the computer in Yusei's ride spoke next.

Yusei actually looked surprised, "But how?"

//Autopilot engaged.//

...Clever bastard.

"I let you off the hook last time, Yusei," Trudge continued to monologue, "but this time, me and my special Pursuit Deck are gonna haul you to the Facility for good!"

"Damn you...!" I grit my teeth.

Suddenly, something REALLY weird began to happen; the sky in front of me and Fluttershy cracked.

...No, really, the sky ACTUALLY cracked into a gaping vortex, complete with several glitches within it!

Before we could respond appropriately and dodge it, the crack sucked us in, the two of us screaming all the while, but one thought dominated my mind.

First I abandon Samurai Jack, now Yusei?!...I hope he'll be okay...


Before I knew it, I woke up and I found myself in the small clearing in some forest with Rainbow Dash instead of Fluttershy next to me. I didn't get to panic because a note suddenly smacked me in the face. I grabbed it and read aloud:

Apologies, the crack in the sky was not my doing, but even I couldn't control it. I believe it was the doing of some outside interference. Don't worry about Fluttershy, she was about to be landed in a world with Titans and bloodshed, but knowing how she is about that sort of thing, I intervened and returned her to Equestria.

Sadly, I'm afraid I can't keep assisting you and your friends when things go wrong, I AM a busy God, after all. So this may be the last time I can help you for now. Best of luck to you, my child.

Signed,
God

Well, guess I'm on my own, no more divine help for the time being...hang on, where are we?

Wait, there's more.

P.S. In case you're wondering, you and Rainbow Dash are currently in the virtual world Alfheim Online, since you're a big fan of video games, more so RPG's, I changed the trajectory of the crack's exit, that much was within my power.

Enjoy!

...

......

.........

Well, hell.