• Published 19th Feb 2017
  • 375 Views, 0 Comments

The Shameful First Person Sequel - sbloom85



After settling in from a year of shenanigans, more shenanigans are about to ensue.

  • ...
 0
 375

5 - First Foalhood Part 1: The Crystalling

It was about a week since Flurry Heart accidentally blasted me with the age spell. Whenever I came across the foal, she would cower, but when I smiled at her, she felt better. It always surprised me that she acted more mature than her appearance would let on. She knew she did something wrong, but she could not control her powers yet.

Starlight and Sunburst canceled out the spell Flurry put on me so my age would not regress further and were working out some kinks on their tests to reverse it. To say the two got along well would be an understatement. Their room was across from me and Rose, and I wished I was deaf. Starlight was quite the screamer.

As for me… well… I was a colt. Everyone who knew what happened still treated me like a stallion, but sometimes they would pretend I actually was a colt. Even Rose got in on the fun and when we went out, she would insist I called her “Auntie Rose” or “Aunt Rosie”. It was degrading, but she was having fun and I had to admit, even I thought it was nice to be a kid again.

So there I was, in our room. Rose was out and the Crusaders were with me. “So...” I said in a higher-pitched adolescent voice, “what do you girls want to do?” That did not sound creepy at all.

Sweetie Belle giggled. “Well, we haven’t really seen the Crystal Empire and you’ve been here a few times. Maybe you can take us on a tour?”

Scootaloo fluttered excitedly. “Yeah! Isn’t there going to be a celebration for Flurry Heart?”

I placed a hoof on my chin and hummed quietly. “Yeah. The Crystalling is supposed to be later this afternoon. I suppose we could talk to Cadence and Shining Armor about when it’ll be.”

I approached the door and opened it. I forgot about the guard standing outside. He was there more for the Crusaders than me though. “Excuse me, sir.” The guard looked down to me. “Could you take us to Shining Armor and Cadence? The Crusaders are itching to tour the city and I don’t want them to miss the princess’ Crystalling.”

He shook his head. “No can do, buddy. The Prince and Princess are both out right now. I can take you to Sunburst and Starlight Glimmer though.”

That was if they were not busy getting it on. “Lead the way.”


The guard took us to where Starlight and Sunburst were working, and thankfully, they were actually working. “Sir Sunburst, Miss Starlight, Mister Bloom is here to see you.”

Starlight perked up, looked toward me, smiled and made her way over. “Scotty!” She exclaimed, perhaps a little too excitedly. “Hey, Sunburst and I have been a little busy with Flurry Heart’s Crystalling, so we haven’t had too much time to work on getting you back to normal.”

I nodded. “That’s okay, Starlight. The Crusaders wanted a tour of the city while we waited for the ceremony. When do you think it’ll start?”

Sunburst approached and fixed his glasses. “Can’t say for sure, but Starlight and I can give you something to let you know when we’re ready.”

Sunburst’s horn lit up and his magical aura surrounded an object on the table. It floated over to us and hovered it front of him. It was a gem made into a makeshift necklace and he fastened it around my neck. “Awesome! Thanks, Sunburst.”

He chuckled and looked to Starlight. “Starlight did all the work on the gem. You’ll know it’s time to come back when it starts to glow.”

I glanced at the gemstone that was hanging around my neck. If my time with Rarity and Maud taught me anything about gemstones, this was a topaz. I looked back to Sunburst and Starlight. “Thanks, guys.”

I turned to face the Crusaders, and they looked like they could run around all over the Crystal Empire. “Are we ready?” I asked them as I walked past them. “Let’s have a little bit of fun.”


We left the castle and started making our way around the city. I would have flown above them, but I remembered how sensitive Scootaloo was about not being able to fly. She insisted that I did, but I chose to stay on the ground.

Apple Bloom looked at me and smiled. “Hey. The girls and I are kicking around the idea of starting a camp to help ponies get their cutie marks.”

Oh crap. “Sounds like fun. Do you want me to join?”

Sweetie Belle nodded. “Sure, only if it’s something you’d want to do.”

I shook my head and chuckled. “Right, ‘cause no one’s forcing me to join.”

Scootaloo laughed. “Totally not forcing ya.” She said with a wink.

I shook my head and sighed. “I’ll make you a deal: if Sunburst and Starlight don’t have me fixed before we head back to Ponyville, I’ll spend a week at your camp.”

“There you are, mister!”

I jumped with a start and turned around. “Rose! You about gave me a heart attack.”

She smiled as she skipped toward us. “And what are you doing with these fillies?”

Apple Bloom walked up beside me. “We are on a date.” Was everyone out to kill me today? “He’s takin’ us on a tour of the Crystal Empire.”

The others nodded and so did Rose. “Well, I guess I’m going to be your chaperon. I don’t want the four of you to have too much fun.”

I groaned. “Is that really necessary? I bet fifty bits that they have no idea what you’re talking about.”

Sweetie Belle giggled. “Then I guess you owe her fifty bits. Missus Bloom, we had no intention on… using him that way. Not without permission from both of you, anyway.”

What the hell? Since when did these fillies get all pervy?

Rose chuckled, obviously getting a laugh out of my current misery. “Remember, he may look like a colt, but he is a stallion. Now let’s get moving.”

As we started leaving, I noticed snowflakes were starting to fall. “What the-?” I looked up and around and clouds began surrounding the city and were closing in. “Something’s wrong. I think we should think about hightailing it to the castle.”

And so we galloped as fast as we could. Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo were exhausted before we got to the castle, the former rested on Rose’s back and the latter on mine while I flew. Apple Bloom did pretty well.

We occasionally saw Luna and Celestia trying to hold back the clouds as we approached the castle, but they weren’t having much luck as the clouds seemed to regenerate.

We got closer to the castle and saw a large crowd of ponies coming our way with Shining Armor in the lead. He stopped as the others kept going. “Alright everypony, make sure you get home safe and stay warm!” He ordered. He then looked to us and smiled. “I’m glad you’re safe. Get inside the castle.”

Before any of us could say anything, he took off. “What’s going on?!”

Pinkie Pie bounced past us. “Flurry Heart destroyed the Crystal Heart.” She said nonchalantly.


We entered the castle and Rose took Scootaloo with her magic. “I’ll take the fillies to their room, you go find Starlight and Sunburst.”

I nodded. “Right. I’ll be right back.”

So I flew. I flew throughout the castle, looking for any sign of trouble, then I heard Flurry Heart’s giggling. I knew I was close, and it wasn’t long before Flurry and I crashed into each other.

We landed hard on the ground and I groaned. Flurry and I looked at each other and she started tearing up. “No, sweetie, please don’t.” I said, getting close to her. She hugged me and started crying. Damn it. I stroked her mane and let her get it all out. “It’s okay, Flurry.”

Eventually, Cadence and Twilight found us. Cadence looked overjoyed to see that Flurry Heart was okay. “Oh thank goodness you found her.”

Cadence enveloped Flurry with her magic and pried her away from me. Flurry was reaching out to me and was giving me those sad baby eyes. “Everything will be fine Flurry.” I assured her. I hoped everything would be fine, anyway. Cadence helped me up as well and I dusted myself off. “Where’s Starlight and Sunburst?”

Twilight stepped forward and stroked Flurry Heart’s mane. “They’re at Sunburst’s place trying to figure out how to fix the Crystal Heart.”

I nodded. “Glad to know they’re okay. It’s getting real bad out there.” I started walking back to my quarters. “Here’s hoping that they can get it fixed soon.”

So I took to the air and flew to my quarters. The idea was to tell Rose that I was going to Sunburst’s and see how they were faring on the issue. I got to the room and saw that Rarity, Applejack and Rainbow Dash were comforting the Crusaders. “Hey, Rose!” I shouted, getting her attention. “I’m going to Sunburst’s. He and Starlight are trying to figure out how to fix this mess.”

She nodded. “Right. You be careful out there.”

Rainbow flew up to me. “Yeah. The wind’s gotten really gnarly since you came in. I’ll help you get there.”

I smiled. “I appreciate it, Rainbow. Let’s get going.”

We made it back to the entrance, but before we left, Starlight and Sunburst teleported inside. I breathed a sigh of relief. The two cantered up to us and he nodded. “Hey, Scott! I think we figured out how to fix you and the Crystal Heart at the same time.”

I let out a sigh of relief again. I really didn’t want to go to the Crusaders’ camp. “Hit me, Sunny.”

Sunburst used his magic to adjust his glasses and he gave me a weird look. “Why would I want to hit you?”

Starlight chuckled. “He means tell him what the plan is.” She looked at me with a smile. “Well, we found a spell that’ll get you back to your old self...”

I raised an eyebrow. “I sense a ‘but’ coming.”

Sunburst nodded in acknowledgment. “But it’s tied to the same spell to repair the Crystal Heart. In essence, your life would be tied to the Heart and as long as the Heart is charged-”

I grumbled. “I’d be immortal.” This sounded too much like Eternal Warrior, except I wouldn’t be protecting the world and its speaker, I’d be protecting the Heart and by extension, the Crystal Empire. “Is there any other way?”

Starlight lowered her head. “If there is, we haven’t discovered it yet.”

I shook my head. “No way. Between the two of you and Twilight, I’m sure you’ll find something. There was another time that the idea of immortality intrigued me, but that was before I got married.”

Sunburst nodded. “Of course. We’ll look for an alternative.”

Starlight nodded as well. “In the meantime, we’ve got a heart to fix.”


The snowstorm raged on, but Shining Armor needed everyone in front of the castle, and everyone was there. Unbeknownst to the ponies outside, Luna, Celestia, Twilight and Starlight were busy holding the Heart together.

Sunburst was given the honor of performing the Crystalling for figuring out how to repair the Heart. He held Flurry Heart high in the air, Rarity presented him with some shards from the Heart and he took one and displayed it for everyone to see.

The ponies around me were getting emotional. They cried tears of joy as they began kneeling. The Crusaders to my left and Rose to my right knelt down. Well, when in Rome…

I knelt down and felt a surge of positive energy flowing into the very foundation of the castle. I looked up and saw the energy flowed to the shard Sunburst held with his magic. Once the transfer was complete, he made a mad dash inside the castle, assuming to shove the shard into the Heart.

After a minute, a wave of energy blasted out of the castle, turning me and everyone around me into crystal versions of themselves. It was an odd experience the first time, but it was a pleasant one this time. Everyone looked up, the clouds were dissipating and sunshine began pouring into the city once again.

It was a beautiful sight, but I was still a foal. I did promise the Crusaders I would check out their camp, and it looked like that was what I was going to do when we returned to Ponyville.

This. Freaking. Blows.

Author's Note:

Talk about dodging a bullet on the whole immortality thing, right?

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment