• Published 19th Feb 2017
  • 381 Views, 0 Comments

The Shameful First Person Sequel - sbloom85



After settling in from a year of shenanigans, more shenanigans are about to ensue.

  • ...
 0
 381

4 - A Baby Shower (Rose POV)

Scotty and I were on the train with Twilight and her friends as well as Starlight Glimmer who sat by a window, looking out nervously. I felt a nudge from Scott and I looked at him. “Go talk to her.” He whispered.

I was caught off guard, so I guess I gave him a weird look. “Talk to her about what?”

He shrugged. “Mare stuff?” Seriously? Was that the best you could come up with? “She’s obviously disturbed.” I looked to her and I agreed. She could use the distraction.

I cantered toward Starlight and sat in the empty seat across from her. “Hey. You alright?”

Starlight let out a quiet hum. “I suppose. I haven’t seen Sunburst since I was a filly.” She turned her gaze back outside. “I wonder what he’s been up to? Did he get married? Does he have foals of his own?”

I laid a hoof on her lap and she looked back to me. “Take it easy, Starlight. Who knows, maybe he’s still a bachelor.” I said with a wink.

She blushed and smiled. “Maybe. I’m a little envious of you and Scott. You two seem to have a good relationship.”

I looked toward him and saw he was talking with Applejack, then I looked back to Starlight. “It’s not perfect, but we make it work.”


We arrived at the Crystal Empire’s train station and got off the train. Scott, Starlight and I stood in front of Twilight. “We’ll go find Sunburst’s house and we’ll meet you at the castle later.”

Twilight nodded. “Okay. We’ll see you later. Have fun.”

Twilight and her friends cantered away toward the castle and the rest of us headed in the direction Cadence gave us to get to Sunburst’s.

The walk to his house was not too far, but the awkward silence made it feel like it took forever to get there, and once we did, Starlight began hyperventilating. I looked to Scott. “Knock on the door, I’ll take care of her.”

Starlight was sitting on her haunches and I wrapped a foreleg around her as Scott knocked on the door. “It’ll be okay, Starlight.” Scotty glanced back to us with concern.

The door opened and a unicorn stallion popped his head out. “Can I help you?” He looked at Starlight and his eyes widened. “Oh dear! Is she okay?”

Scott rubbed the back of his neck. “Are you Sunburst?” He asked.

The unicorn nodded. “I am, but who are you?”

I stood up. “That’s my husband Scott, I’m Rose Petal and this is Starlight Glimmer.”

It took him a moment before the gears in his head started turning again. “Forgive me. Please, come inside.”


His place was a bit small, but he cleared a spot for us to sit down at and brought us some tea. He smiled like a foal on Hearth’s Warming Eve. “It’s been a long time, Starlight. How have you been?”

Starlight mumbled something and I rubbed her back with a hoof. “It’s okay, Starlight.”

Scott took a sip of his tea and set the cup down. “What do you do, Sunburst?” He asked. “Starlight heaped a bunch of praise on you, so I assume you’re an important pony here.”

Sunburst shifted his glasses and blushed. “Really?” He chuckled. “I wish I was important, but I’m not.”

I giggled. “Well, we know one pony who you’re important to.” I said, shifting my eyes toward Starlight.

Starlight nodded in agreement. “She’s right, Sunburst.”

I looked to Scott and he nodded at me. I then cleared my throat and we stood up. “I think we’ll leave you two alone for a while. If you need us, we’ll be at the castle.”

Scott was ahead of me going to the door. He opened it and before we left, I felt a hoof on me. I turned around and Starlight gave me a hug, thanking me for helping her find the courage to reunite with her foalhood friend.


Scott and I cantered side by side toward the castle. “I wonder if the gifts are in our room yet?” He mused. “I can’t wait to see the looks on their faces when they open them up.”

Hiding them from Princess Twilight Sparkle and her friends was easy, and he let me have mine early. I would wind it up every night and we would listen to it when going to bed. It was sort of a new tradition for us, and I was sure our foals would enjoy it as well.

‘Our foals’. I never expected to be a mother, but I imagined no new mother expected it. I talked to various mothers around Ponyville, some with only one foal would say that it was the most painful thing in the world and that had me a little worried.

Fortunately, there was a procedure that unicorns knew where they could teleport the foals out of the womb if things started going wrong, but it was common for mares to have the procedure anyway, as was the case with Missus Cake for her twins.

I was glad I was not going to be on Earth though, Scott’s mother’s tales of C-Section were terrifying, but his species lacked an alternative procedure.

We arrived at the castle gate and the crystal guards saluted us. “Welcome back, Mister and Missus Bloom. Princess Cadence and Prince Shining Armor are awaiting your arrival.”

I looked to Scott and he nodded. “We shouldn’t keep them waiting.”

I smiled. “Agreed.”


Our gifts were definitely in our room, and two of the guards offered to help us bring them to the throne room.

We approached the throne room. The guards who stood on either side of the doors opened them. Shining Armor and Princess Cadence turned their attention away from Twilight and her friends to us. They smiled and approached us.

Cadence and I gave each other a quick hug. “Rose. It’s always a pleasure to see you.” She said and looked to Scott, who was getting a noogie from Shining Armor.

The guards hauling our gifts stopped behind us. “Where do you want us to put these?”

Shining Armor let my husband go. “I got it from here. Take five.” He said as he wrapped the gifts with his magic. The guards bowed and started trotting away. Shining levitated the gifts toward a pile of other gifts. “Come on in, have a seat.”

Scott and I sat down and he chuckled. “Looks like we might be here for a while.” He said, noting the large pile of boxes near the other end of the room.”

Cadence nodded. “We certainly will. I can’t wait to see what you got us.”

I nodded. “Neither can we. Scotty got everypony a gift from his world.”

Spike perked up and looked at us. “Even me?”

Scott nodded. “Yeah. Even you, buddy.”

Cadence smiled and looked around. “How about we get to the gifts first.” She looked at me, maintaining her smile. “Would you like to help Twilight and I sort them out?”

I nodded. “I would love to.”


The gifts were passed around. Cadence and Shining Armor were the first to open theirs. The first one they opened was the music box. The three gasped and looked in awe. Flurry Heart was especially curious about it. Cadence set the music box on a table next to her daughter, winded it up with her magic and let the music start playing.

Cadence cantered to Scott and hugged him, then me. “Thank you.”

We heard some tearing and saw Shining Armor opened his gift. “Dungeons and Dragons?”

Scott nodded. “Yeah. Pretty much Earth’s equivalent to Ogres and Oubliettes. There’s a bunch more books I can get if you’re interested.”

Shining Armor chuckled. “That’d be great. Thanks!”

Cadence made her way back to her gift and opened it. “A romance novel?” She asked, looking at us. Scott nodded slowly. “How saucy is it?”

He shrugged. “Haven’t read it. I just hope it’s not too bad.”

Cadence smiled. “I’ll be the judge of that.”

Finally, Twilight and her friends opened their gifts. Scott got magazines based on their interests and Spike was given two comic books. I looked at Scott and raised an eyebrow. “I thought you were going to get him one?”

He shrugged. “I couldn’t figure out if he’d like the Avengers more than the Justice League, so I picked up one of each.”

Twilight giggled as she rubbed Spike’s head. “Thanks. We can’t wait to get into our magazines.”

As I looked around at everypony, I glanced at Flurry Heart and it looked like she was about to sneeze.

“AHCHOO!”

Oh no! Not only did Flurry Heart sneeze, but she shot a beam of magic and it started bouncing around the room. “Scotty!”

We galloped to each other, the beam barely missed us as he held me. “We need to get out of here.”

He nodded in agreement then yelped in pain as the beam hit him straight in the barrel. “Scotty!”

The others circled around us. “Scotty?”

I felt a hoof gently touch me. I looked and saw it was Princess Cadence. “Shining Armor is getting some help.”

I sat on my haunches and started crying. I lost one mate, I did not want to lose another…

But then, I heard him groan. “Rose… are you alright?” He asked as he rolled onto his back. “Christ, that hurt!”

I heard some whimpering. I looked to my right and saw Flurry Heart was trying to escape her mother’s hold, pointing a hoof at Scott. “Princess Cadence?” I called, and she looked at me. “I think Flurry Heart wants to apologize.”

Cadence let go of Flurry Heart, who immediately flew to Scott. She landed beside him, laid a hoof on him and baby-babbled. It was adorable.

Scott stroked her cheek and smirked. “It’s okay, kiddo.” He assured her. “I’m not mad at ya.”

Flurry Heart gave him a gentle squeeze before flying off to Cadence. I watched as the filly clung to her mother’s neck. “You’re a lucky mare, Princess.”

She smiled and nodded in agreement. “As are you.”

Shining Armor returned with a couple of guards. “Is he alright?”

Scott groaned as he raised a hoof. “I’ll live.” He said. The guards helped him up and took him to a sofa. “I just hope nothing bad comes out whatever spell she cast.”

Twilight fluttered toward him. “I’ll keep an eye on you. Most newborn unicorns can only fire raw energy beams, but obviously Flurry’s not most unicorn.”

I glanced toward the hallway and saw a guard with Starlight Glimmer and Sunburst behind her. “Starlight! Sunburst!”

As I trotted toward her, Sunburst gave her a quick kiss. “I’m going to introduce myself to the Prince and Princess.” He said, leaving us.

I glanced behind me and back to Starlight. “So? How did it go?”

Starlight blushed. “I don’t think there’s an appropriate word for how well it went.”

I giggled. “Alright. Give me all the juicy details on the ride back to Ponyville.”

Starlight lowered her head and dug at the ground. “I… I’m not going back to Ponyville. At least not for a while. Sunburst asked me to stay.”

“Starlight! Get over here quickly!” Sunburst shouted. I turned and he was over by Scott. My heart sank as Starlight dashed ahead of me. After a moment, I caught up to her.

Starlight exchanged glances between Sunburst and Scott. “What’s going on?”

The spotted unicorn shook his head. “I need you to confirm the magical signature on him. I think it’s an age spell.”

Starlight nodded, closed her eyes and began concentrating. Her horn powered up. It may have been seconds that passed, but it felt like an eternity. Did he really get hit with an age spell?

Finally, after a moment, the aura around Starlight’s horn dissipated. “It is an age spell… but this one’s different.”

Scott’s eyes widened, as did mine. “How different are we talking here?”

Starlight shook her head. “Instead of aging normally, it’s been reversed.” She looked to Sunburst. “I’m sorry, Sunburst, but I think I’m going to have to go back to Ponyville with him.”

Princess Cadence approached us. “I think he should stay here until the spell can be nullified.” She stated out of concern.

We looked to Scott and he nodded. That was it then, our stay at the Crystal Empire has been prolonged.

Author's Note:

So tired... there's more to come.