• Published 19th Feb 2017
  • 381 Views, 0 Comments

The Shameful First Person Sequel - sbloom85



After settling in from a year of shenanigans, more shenanigans are about to ensue.

  • ...
 0
 381

3 - Earth Gifts And Other Things

Rose and I were back on Earth. Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, to be precise. Discord turned me back into a human during the teleportation process and Rose was still a pony. I kinda wanted to see what she would look like as a human, but we should hold off until after the foals were born. I was a bit worried that the teleportation alone might affect them, but so far, so good.

Before leaving, I suggested that Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo looked after the house. At first, Rose and their respective sisters were not too keen on the idea, but we eventually came to an agreement. Of all the worries, Rose’s was the likeliest: she was worried they’d bring colts into the house. I was pretty sure they would not do that, or else their sisters would be furious. Rose would probably be angry too, but I would get a laugh out of it.

While I was gone, my parents decided to get another dog. My mom had to deal with empty nest syndrome one way or another, and I’m glad she decided to get a second dog. This new one was pretty awesome: a spaniel mix with a hunter’s instinct as well as a snuggler. She’s quiet and timid when she’s not trying to chase squirrels.

I was browsing the internet on my old computer and thought about what to get for Shining Armor, Cadence and their foal. I learned through Spike that Shining Armor was into pen and paper role-playing games, so I got him the rulebooks for one that I think he’d find familiar. Cadence on the other hand was a bit more difficult though.

“Having trouble, Scotty?” Rose asked as she entered the room. She floated over a root beer float over to me. “Can I help?”

I grabbed the float and set it on the coaster next to me after taking a sip. “Thanks.” I reached for the TV remote and turned on the TV near the room’s entrance. “I found something for Shining Armor, but nothing for Cadence yet. The foal should be pretty easy.” I said, moving the browser onto the TV.

Rose looked at the TV and let out a hum. “Well, considering that she’s the Princess of Love, why not get her a romance novel?”

I nodded thoughtfully. “I suppose. I mean, they do exist in Equestria, but this would be from an author no one out there knows about.” Rose nodded in agreement. “Alright. You convinced me.” I browsed through the books and picked a random one with a high rating and put it in the cart. “I hope it’s not too raunchy...”

Rose giggled. “Okay, that’s two down. What do you plan on getting for the foal?”

I shrugged. “Either a toy or maybe a music box. Something big enough not to choke on.” I let out a quiet hum. “I’ll probably end up getting a music box.” I opened up a new tab on the TV and started an image search for music boxes with a ballerina on it. “What do you think? Something like this?”

Rose’s mouth opened slightly and her eyes widened. “That’s beautiful. I’m sure they’ll love it. It’s a nice representation of your species, too.”

I was not too sure about that claim, but it would be a unique thing in Equestria. I went back to the online store on my monitor and added two of them. Now that I got everything I could think of, it was time to check out, and I was thankful for the free two day shipping, the delivery will be here before Rose and I went back to Equestria.

I looked to Rose and sighed in relief. “So what do you want to do? Want to get a pizza?” She gave me a weird look, as if I was nuts. “You can use your masking spell.”

She nodded. “Right. I was kind of surprised though. Want me to teleport us there?”

I cringed. I was still worried that teleporting will affect the foals. “Think it’s a good idea? We could wait until my parents get back, then we can all head out.”

Rose curled up on my bed and hummed. “I suppose we can wait. Besides, this bed is too comfortable to get off of right now.”

I chuckled as I got out of the chair. I walked to my bed and laid next to Rose on the bed. She laid her head on my stomach and I ran my fingers through her mane. “I also want to pick up a few things at the store before we leave.”

She gave me a smile. “More of your human liquor?”

Really? She could not be serious. “Come on, Rose. You can’t have any alcohol while you’re pregnant.” I shook my head and groaned. “I was actually thinking of some magazines for Twilight and her friends.”

She raised an eyebrow. “How about subscriptions?”

I slowly nodded. “I suppose I could. I’d like to know what they think of them first.”

She snuggled closer to me and let out a content sigh. “I’m sure they’ll enjoy them. Hey, Scotty?” I let out an acknowledging hum. “Why do I have to keep using the masking spell? Wouldn’t your kind accept me?”

I sighed. I really hoped I wouldn’t have to talk about it. “Well… humans are the only sapient life forms on this planet, unlike your world. There’d be a lot of people who would be curious and open-minded if they met you, but there’s also a lot of people who would freak out if their bubble was burst.” Better not tell her about those who would want to dissect her for study.

She let out a disappointed hum. “You don’t like this world very much, do you?”

I stifled a laugh and shook my head. “Nah. I like it enough. It’s the only world I’ve known for thirty years. People here can be assholes, sure, but in what world won’t you find one?” The dogs started barking, that was a clear sign that my parents were home. “Come on, let’s get some grub.”


After helping my parents put groceries away, we decided to eat in and I ordered up a few pizzas: one vegetarian, one cheese and one with pepperoni. My dad and I went to pick up the pizzas and came back to find Rose and my mom playing with the dogs. “Food’s up!”

Rose had taken the liberty of setting up the table. I set the pizzas on the island and took them out of their paper bags. My mom pulled out some cups and pulled some milk out from the refrigerator while I pulled a few paper plates out and set them on the island. “Alright, who’s first?”

Rose trotted up and lifted a plate with her magic. “I’ll go first.”

She also used her magic to lift a slice of the cheese pizza and two slices of the vegetarian; my mom was next and she took one vegetarian and one pepperoni; I took one slice of each and my dad took one pepperoni and one slice of cheese.

After we all sat down, my mom glanced back and forth at Rose and I. “So? How much longer until we’re grandparents?”

Rose smiled. “About eight more months. This is so exciting.”

My dad scratched his head. “Are they going to be human-pony hybrids?”

I laughed. “No. Remember Discord saying he gave me a gift?” My mom nodded and my dad looked like a deer in the headlights. “We won’t have to worry about centaurs, they’ll be full pony.”

My mom nodded in excitement. “Congratulations, you two.” She lifted her cup. “Here’s to two wonderful grandchildren.”

The rest of us lifted our cups as well. “To two wonder foals.” I said.

My dad put his cup down. “When are you two going back?”

I took a sip of my milk and put the cup back down. “After my order arrives. We should be back in time for Shining Armor and Princess Cadence’s baby shower.”

The words ‘baby shower’ made my mom shudder. She hated them, mostly because she didn’t know what to get, let alone what she could afford. “Say hi to them for us.”

I nodded in agreement. “Will do.”


Alright, so a couple of days passed, my order arrived and I picked up some magazines: Popular Mechanics for AJ; Popular Science for Twilight; National Geographic for Fluttershy; Sports Illustrated for Rainbow Dash; Vanity Fair for Rarity; and, it’s not a magazine, but I got Pinkie Pie a dessert recipe book. I also decided to get a comic for Spike. He enjoyed reading the Power Ponies comics, so I got him the first volume of an X-Men comic.

With everything ready to go, I cleared my throat. “Discord, Discord, Discord!”

Discord popped into my parents’ house, sitting on the island. “Ready to go back?”

Rose and I nodded. “We are.”

Rose picked up the stuff and with a snap of his talon, Rose and I left Earth.


We were back in our house in Equestria. Rose still had the stuff and I was back in my pegasus form. I flew toward Discord and hugged him. “Thanks, man!” I let him go and hovered backward. “I’m glad you’re around.”

He bowed. “Til we meet again!” He said before teleporting away to who knows where.

We heard some excited screams and some barking. The Crusaders galloped to the living room along with out dogs. “Hey, kids!” I said, greeting them with a big hug. “Anything exciting happen while we were away?”

Rose started cantering toward our bedroom. “Nothing that ended in you three being covered in tree sap, I hope.”

The three shook their heads. “No tree sap, we promise, Missus Bloom.” Sweetie Belle said.

Rose let out a scream. “Rose?!” I flew past the Crusaders straight to our bedroom and found not one, but three colts and they ran out of the room screaming. Probably running out of the house. I landed and turned around, seeing looks of embarrassment on the Crusaders.

Scootaloo let out a nervous chuckle. “It’s not what you think.”

Rose gave them a scornful gaze. “Oh? And what do I think it was?”

Apple Bloom’s mouth opened wide. “What? No! Not that.”

Scootaloo raised an eyebrow. “If it was that, we’d be at the clubhouse.”

I nodded understandingly. “No harm, no foul. You three should probably run along now before Rose does something that’ll get her prison time.” The trio nodded quickly and took off. I looked back to Rose. “I’ll take a look around the house, but so far it looks like nothing was disturbed.”

Rose calmly nodded. “Right. I’m going to find a good spot to hide this stuff.”

I fluttered around the house, making sure nothing was missing or out of place. Room to room… nothing jumped out at me. Satisfied about the findings, I made my way back to the bedroom. I knocked on the door a few times, letting Rose know I was there. “We’re all good.”

She turned toward me with a smile. “Same here. I should probably apologize to the colts and fillies. I overreacted.”

I slowly shook my head. Of course you did… “I’ll see if I can find them.”


I left the house and not too far away, I saw the Crusaders. “Hey!” I shouted as I flew toward them.

They stopped and turned around. “Scotty!” Sweetie Belle said, lowering her head and sighed. “Is she still mad at us?”

I shook my head. “Nah. In fact, she wanted to apologize to you and the colts for overreacting. Speaking of whom, I recognized Rumble, but who were the other two?”

The fillies giggled. “The one with the helicopter beanie is Button Mash and the other one was Tender Taps.” Apple Bloom explained.

I nodded, still hovering next to them. “Cool. Could you bring them back to our place?”

Scootaloo raised an eyebrow. “They took off pretty fast. They might be scared of her.”

I grunted. “Understandable. Tell them what I told you. I’ll wait for you at the front door.”


The Crusaders brought the colts over, with their mothers and Thunderlane. Rose apologized, everything was okay, blah blah blah. With all that taken care of, it was time to get ready for the trip.

I was setting my suitcase near the front door when I heard some knocking. I opened the door and Starlight stood outside. “Starlight, hey.” I back away from the door. “Come in.”

She dug at the ground nervously. “Sorry. I can’t stay long. Are you and Rose are still going to join me?”

I almost forgot about that. “To see Sunburst.” She slowly nodded. “Of course.

Starlight gave me a quick hug then backed away. “Thanks. I’ll see you tomorrow, then.” And with that, she took off toward Twilight’s castle.

Author's Note:

I'm not dead yet. :ajsmug:
Damn new system...