• Published 19th Feb 2017
  • 382 Views, 0 Comments

The Shameful First Person Sequel - sbloom85



After settling in from a year of shenanigans, more shenanigans are about to ensue.

  • ...
 0
 382

2 - Too Much Going On At Once

Everything started fading in and I found myself in a battlefield. I darted my eyes all over the place, looking for someone familiar. Bodies of ponies were strewn about and the land was soaked in blood. Some ponies were missing limbs, eyes… it was a nightmare.

Finally, I saw Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie… I could imagine Dash being the warrior type, but Pinkie Pie? I had to find out what the hell was going on.

I saw Twilight and Spike racing off to who knows where, so I started to take off. I soon found myself being pulled back to the ground and flipped onto my back. Then he stepped over me.

“Sombra? But you’re dead.” I said, unsure if I was going insane or not.

Sombra pressed a hoof on my chest and pressed down. “No. But you will be.” He raised his hoof to crush my chest under it. He started bringing his hoof down and I rolled to the side. I quickly stood up as his hoof hit the ground and I went for a headbutt.

I connected with the headbutt and left him in a daze. “Not today, asshole.” I said before turning around and used my hind legs to kick him in the face, knocking him out cold. I looked around, hoping to find Twilight, and I did. She was way out there by now. I tried to open my wings again, but was unable. “Crap...”

I galloped as fast as I could, hoping to reach Twilight. I eventually made it to where her castle normally would be and Spike saw me and got Twilight’s attention.

Twilight gasped and ran up to me. “Scott! What are you doing here? How did you get here?”

I shook my head. “I don’t know. What is going on?”

She turned back to the table and sighed. “A rogue unicorn named Starlight Glimmer traveled back in time and prevented Rainbow Dash from creating her sonic rainboom.”

I raised an eyebrow in confusion. “Wait, what? Dash did that, which united all of you, right?” Twilight nodded. “If Starlight prevented that, then none of you would’ve been friends. If that didn’t happen, then Nightmare Moon would’ve taken over.” She nodded again. “Then why did I just knock out Sombra? Shouldn’t we be fighting Nightmare Moon?”

Twilight let out a thoughtful hum. “I haven’t thought about that, but you’re right. We should be fighting Nightmare Moon, unless...”

I nodded. “Unless she allied herself with Sombra, Discord and Chrysalis, forming her own legion of doom.”

Twilight nodded. “Yes. In any case, I need to go back and figure out how to stop Starlight.”

Her horn lit up and I put a hoof on her shoulder. “You’re not doing it alone, Twilight. Besides, I need someone to disable whatever spell Sombra put on me that’s got my wings locked up.”

“THERE HE IS! GET HIM!”

I looked back and there was Sombra, with his army. “Twilight. Get us out of here first, then work on the wings.”

Twilight’s horn lit up. “Hold on!”

After the magical zap from Twilight, all was darkness again, if only briefly.


Twilight and I found ourselves somewhere else. I look around, we were up in the sky. “Twilight? Is this…?”

She nodded in confirmation. “This is the Cloudsdale flight camp. Now, to see about those wings.” Twilight surrounded me with her magic, then it popped. “There. All taken care of.”

I flapped my wings, breathing a sigh of relief that I was able to use them again. “Thanks, Twi. Now… where’s Starlight?” Twilight pointed to the mare I saw at her castle and at town hall. “That’s Starlight? I met her twice.”

Twilight looked at me and nodded. “I met her once before. For some reason, she hates cutie marks. She actually removed ours when my friends and I visited her town.”

I lifted off the cloud I stood on. “It sounds like she’s more powerful than you, Twilight.”

Twilight sighed. “I know. I’ll confront her, and you try to come up from behind.”

I gave her an affirming nod. “Right. Good luck.”

I flew away and waited for Twilight to get close to Starlight. I really hoped she knew what she was doing. She approached Starlight, but remained at a comfortable distance and the two started talking. I was too far to hear what was being said, but I could see the smugness radiating from Starlight… metaphorically, of course.

Starlight lit up her horn and aimed it at Twilight. No… don’t... I couldn’t take it anymore. I flew as fast as I could toward Twilight. As I did, time seemed to slow down.

A beam shot out of Starlight’s horn. I was getting closer and I hoped I could intercept the beam.

I did, and I found myself encased in some kind of magic block, unable to move.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Twilight run up to me. Behind her, Starlight looked surprised, shocked, like she remembered something.

She cantered up to Twilight and started speaking. The block I was stuck in muffled what was being said, but Twilight turned around and started speaking as well.

There was a flash of light… rainbow light, in fact. Rainbow Dash did it, she was able to create a sonic rainboom. I saw Starlight sigh and her horn lit up again, and moments later, I was freed.

I slowly got up and walked toward her. “What the hell were you thinking?” I whispered to Starlight. “Do you have any idea what could’ve happened if Rainbow Dash didn’t do what she did?”

She shook her head. “No… but seeing you risk your safety for Twilight reminded me of a friend.” I cocked my head in curiosity. “Let me show you.”


Starlight brought Twilight and I somewhere else. She walked up to a window and waved us over. We came up behind her and she pointed inside. “Look.” Inside was a young Starlight Glimmer playing with a colt. “That’s Sunburst. He was a friend of mine. Not just any friend, he was my best friend.

I shifted my gaze from Starlight to Sunburst. “What happened?”

Starlight closed her eyes. “Watch.”

Twilight and I watched. The two were playing, then young Starlight bumped into the bookcase. It was about to fall and my instincts kicked in, but Starlight stopped me. The scene unfolded and Sunburst used his magic to stop the bookcase from falling. After that, he reorganized the bookshelf. There was magic all over the room, and suddenly, his butt flashed. “He got a cutie mark.”

Starlight nodded happily and started walking away. “He did.”

Twilight and I followed her. “So, what happened?” Twilight asked.

Starlight sighed. “He was taken to Celestia’s school. The School for Gifted Unicorns.”

I grumbled under my breath. “Let me guess, you got jealous.”

She nodded sheepishly and looked at. “Yeah. Big time. For a long time, I thought cutie marks ruined friendships, but you came along.” We stopped and she turned around. “You don’t have a cutie mark, and you have a lovely wife.”

I raised an eyebrow. “Thank you…?”

Starlight shifted her head and let out a curious hum. “How did you end up coming back with Twilight, though?”

I shrugged. “No clue. Time travel is a hazy subject at best. I could speculate, but those speculations would probably not make sense after a while.”

Twilight put a hoof on Starlight’s. “Come on, Starlight. Let’s go home.”

Starlight smiled and slowly nodded. “Right. I’m sorry, Twilight.” She said before her horn lit up. She built up some energy, then pow!

Brief darkness.


I found myself back in the same area I was in Ponyville before things went south. Rose stood in front of me and looked worried. “Scotty? Are you alright?” She asked.

I darted my eyes around the town, then let out a sigh of relief knowing that everything was back to normal. “Good. We’re back.” Rose tilted her head. “Let’s go home.”

Rose and I took our time walking back home. I told her what happened, the strange mare, Starlight Glimmer, had taken Twilight back in time and I was somehow pulled into an alternate timeline, followed Twilight back and all that. She gave me an odd look the whole time, that was until she saw Starlight and Twilight in front of our house. And Spike rode on Twilight’s back.

Twilight and Starlight approached us, both with warm smiles. I pointed to Starlight. “I like the new ‘do, Starlight.”

Starlight’s smile grew. “Thanks, Scott.”

Twilight glanced at Starlight, then to me. “Meet my first pupil.” She shifted her gaze to Rose. “Rose Petal, I’d like to introduce you to Starlight Glimmer.”

Rose glared at Starlight. “You were the one ogling my husband at town hall earlier.”

I noticed that Starlight was becoming a bit agitated. Not angry, just very uncomfortable. I raised a foreleg in front of Rose and looked at her. “Easy Rose, Starlight’s learned her lesson.” I looked back to Starlight. “Right?”

Starlight nodded. “Definitely. Twilight here even gave me my first assignment.”

Twilight giggled. “Which reminds me. Cadence is almost ready to deliver her foal, so we’ll be going to the Crystal Empire, where I learned that Starlight’s foalhood friend resides.”

I gave Starlight an impressed nod. “So you’re going to see Sunburst after all this time? I’d say you must be nervous, but that word would be an understatement.”

Starlight chuckled sheepishly as she dug at the ground. “You could say that.”

Spike laughed. “Yeah. She’s been throwing up since they got back. The last time I saw somepony puke like that, it was Mrs. Cake when she was pregnant.”

I noticed Starlight dry heave a little bit and I grimaced. “Starlight, if it’ll make you feel better, Rose and I could accompany you to Sunburst’s.” I looked to Rose. “What do you think?” Rose thought about the idea for a few seconds, but she nodded in agreement. “That’s settled then.” I looked to Twilight. “When are we leaving?”

Twilight crouched as Spike hopped back onto her. “We’ll be leaving in a couple of weeks. Cadence will be happy to see both of you again.”

Rose hit me softly in the barrel. “Don’t you go kissing her hoof, Scott.”

I shook my head as I laughed. “No promises.”

Twilight gave Rose and I a quick hug, then she smiled at me. “Thanks, Scott. I’m lucky you were able to be with me. Who knows what would’ve happened if I was at it alone?” Her and Starlight started trotting away.

Now it was just Rose and I. “It was an interesting experience, to say the least.”

Rose hummed quietly as she nodded. “Right.”


A week had passed since Starlight’s incident. Rose and I had been looking for something to give Cadence and her foal the following week, but we came up empty-handed. Seriously, how hard should it be to find a gift for a princess and her kid?

I made my way to the hayburger joint and sat at a bench. I set my face on the table and groaned. “Hey there.” a familiar voice said. I looked up and saw Twilight. “Mind if I join you?”

I shrugged. “Not at all.” She sat across from me. “What’s up?”

Twilight groaned in boredom. “Not a lot. I think Starlight’s avoiding me.” I raised an eyebrow in curiosity. “It’s about next week. I think she’s afraid to see Sunburst.”

I nodded. “Yeah. I can relate. There’s plenty of people back on Earth I’d be afraid to see after not seeing them for years.” I shrugged the thought away. “You want me to talk to her?”

She shook her head. “Would Rose like that? She seems to be pretty possessive over you.”

I shrugged. “I’m a one-mare guy, Twilight, and Rose is my one mare.”

Twilight smiled and nodded understandingly. “She’s lucky to have you. May I make a suggestion about gifts?” I nodded. “Why don’t you pick up something from your world? I’m sure you’d be able to find something there.”

I slowly nodded, taking in her suggestion. It was a great idea. “I think I am going to do that. Thanks, Twilight.”

A server approached us and floated out a notepad with his magic. “Good afternoon, what can I get for you?”


I entered our home, trotted to the coffee table and set the bag containing our hayburgers. “Rose?” I called. “I ran into Twilight at the hayburger joint and she gave me an idea on what to give Cadence and her foal.”

Rose came out to the living room and used her magic to take a hayburger from the bag. “Really? What’d she say?”

I pulled out the other one and opened the wrapper on the table. “She suggested we go to Earth and get something from there.”

Rose took a bite of her hayburger and chuckled. “That’s actually a brilliant idea.” She said before swallowing her food. “Besides, it’ll give me a chance to use my masking spell.” I laughed and she gave me a weird look. “What’s so funny?”

I took a small bite of my hayburger and swallowed. “I was actually thinking of having Discord turn you into a human.”

She looked shocked. “Would that be okay?” She asked with a concerned tone as she pressed a hoof on her stomach. “How would that affect our foals.”

Ah shit… that completely slipped my mind. “Right. I’m sorry, Rose. It probably would be best if you used your masking spell.” I cleared my throat. “Discord, Discord, Discord!”