• Published 21st Feb 2017
  • 5,429 Views, 315 Comments

Power Rangers: Guardians of Harmony - Banshee531



Centuries ago, ten Elements were lost. Now a new threat has come to our world and it's up to five young heroes to become our protectors, to become Power Rangers Guardians.

  • ...
4
 315
 5,429

It's All In The Cards

It had been three days since the Rangers had returned form their mission in New York.

In the command center, Sunset Shimmer was waiting as the schematics of the Phoenix Zord were being scanned into their computer system. Hopefully this would allow them to better understand the Zord and help them design Megazord formations using it and the other Zords.

While wait for the upload to complete, Sunset was sitting at a table writing in a very familiar book. Ever since finding out about the Rangers, Sunset had been writing to Princess Twilight about all their adventures.

Dear Princess Twilight.

It's hard to believe how far we've come in such a short time. We now have eight out of the ten Elements under our protections and hopefully, the rest will soon follow.

Right now our biggest concern is finding a new Ranger for the Element of Forgiveness to bond with, but forgiveness isn't the easiest quality to test a person. What are we suppose to do? Do something horrible to a random person on the street and hope they forgive us? That'd go down great.

I'd love to hear what you think.

Your Friend, Sunset Shimmer.

Sunset closed the book and looked up at the Element of Forgiveness that was in its crystal bed. Hopefully they'd find someone worthy of its power soon.

Her thoughts were broken when she noticed the laptop's time display, making her realise she was late to meet up with her friends at Sugarcube Corner.

"Dang it!" She said as she got up and ran out the room.


Meanwhile the Rangers and Mane Six were walking through the street.

"This is nuts," Rainbow moaned, "not one person who could be a Ranger."

"It's not like those qualities are common," Lyra replied to her, "after all the Elements have been here for a thousand years. If it was easy to become a Power Ranger, they would have bonded to the first person they touched."

"Good point I guess," Rainbow said.

"As difficult as it may be," Twilight said, "we still need to find someone. An unbounded Element is extremely dangerous."

"She's right," Flash said, "if Darklight or one of his goons manages to get his hands on it, we won't have a Ranger to simply recall the Element. Plus another Ranger could come in handy."

"Exactly," Twilight said, "so we have to keep looking."

Unknown to them however, Doom Raizer was watching from a nearby alleyway and had heard the conversation.

"So the Element of Forgiveness is unbounded," he said, "that could come in handy."

"And what about me?" Doom looked around to see a female monster, dressed in a dark blue dress and a stage mask hiding her face. Her dress was lined with pockets.

"You Terror Card are coming back to the ship with me," Doom explained, "Darklight may want to rethink his plan once he knows."

"And by rethinking his plan," Terror Card said, "you mean possibly lock me back in my cell before even getting the chance to destroy the Rangers."

"If that's what Darklight wants," Doom said.

"Unacceptable," Terror Card said, "I want my freedom."

"Well you're not getting it," Doom said as the strode over to her.

"I don't think so," Terror Card replied as he reached into her pocket and pulled out a card with a star on the front. "Arcana of the Star, LIGHT!" She threw the card as it suddenly exploded in a burst of light, which forced Doom to shield his eyes.

"WHAT!" Doom screamed and he tried to fight off the light, but eventually it died down. Once it was completely gone, Doom looked up and saw that Terror Card was gone. "Curses!" He spoke, "but if she manages to get an Element we still win. Either way, the Rangers are going down."


Meanwhile the teens were walking through the market place on their way to Sugarcube Corner. They were going over the list of people they knew, who could potentially be their worthy Ranger.

"Trixie?" Rarity asked, "you never know."

"Yeah right," Rainbow said, "like she's Ranger material."

"She'd probably reveal herself to the world for a little attention," Applejack said.

"Ringo?" Sandal asked Flash, suggesting his band mate.

"Not very forgiving," Flash replied, "you should have seen what happened when I broke the strap of his guitar case."

"How about Derpy?" Pinkie asked.

The eleven teens looked around at her and gave her an 'are you serious' look.

"What?" she asked, "she might surprise you."

"Let's just forget about it for now," Applejack said, "I'm sure the perfect Ranger will show up eventually."

"Yeah you're right," Twilight said, "let's talk about something else."

"Good point," Rarity said, "how about how a certain someone here managed to get the learners permit, while the Rangers were away."

Everyone turned to a now bright red Twilight.

"That's great Twilight," Sweetie told her, "though it was probably a cinch for you."

"Thanks," Twilight said, "Shining Armor's gonna give me my first lesson tomorrow."

It was in that moment that Terror Card showed up and spied on the Rangers. "I need to find a way to destroy those Rangers," she said as she looked around, "but how?" She then noticed a fortune telling booth close to her, where an old woman sat with a deck of cards. "Perfect," she said as he hands glowed and she shot a spell at the booth, making the cards glow. "Now the Ranger's fates are sealed," Terror Card said as she used another spell to make the old woman notice the teens.

"Children," she called out getting their attention, "do you wish to have your fortunes told?"

"Not really," Flash said, while the others nodded.

"Oh come now," she replied, "wouldn't you want a glimpse into the future? Who knows what you might learn."

"Oh please," Micro said, "tarot cards are nothing but hue."

"Though to be fair," Sandal said, "given what we've seen, it can't hurt to give it a try."

"He's got a point," Applejack said, "why not just try it."

"I guess it couldn't hurt," Lyra said with a shrug.

"Okay," Sweetie said as she and Lyra stepped forward.

The old woman shuffled the deck and then spread the cards out onto the table. "Take a card a see your future."

Lyra and Sweetie both chose a card and revealed it to the woman.

"The Hangman," she said to Lyra, "this card represents control, but how that control exists is up to you to discover. Are you in need to let go of control and trust others to do what is needed, or do you need to take back control of your life."

She looked at Sweetie's card. "The Temperance," she said, "this card represents balance. Accepting the past and living your life by its lessons, but not allowing the past to block your future."

"That's not so much fortune telling is it?" Micro said.

"Tarot Cards are suppose to represent the path to the future," Flash explained, "how that future turns out is what you do after seeing what the card represents." Flash looked around and saw the others looking at him with raised eyebrows. "What I read."

"Anyone else?" The old lady asked.

"Sure," Sandal said, "Soarin?"

"Why not."

The two stepped forward and both drew a card, showing them to her.

"The Pope," she said looking at Sandal's, "this card represents spiritual balance. You should try and stay on the spiritual path you are on, for it is your true path." She then looked over at Soarin's card.

"The Emperor," she said, "a card representing masculine prowess. With this arcana you should focus on your most manly qualities, for they will lead you to what you must do."

"Awesome," Soarin said, "this stuff's better then I thought."

"Anyone else?" The old lady said, before noticing Twilight. "How about you deary?"

"No thank you," Twilight said, "I don't believe in that stuff."

"Awe come on Twilight," Flash said, "think of it like an experiment. If nothing happens you can gloat you were right, but if it does you'll know."

"Fine," she said, "but you're doing it to."

"Fine," Flash said.

The two stepped forward and each took a card, showing them to the old woman.

"The Chariot," she said looking at Flash's, "it represents trials ahead of a goal you've set. Whether you overcome this trial will determine the reward you've been seeking." She then saw Twilight's card.

"The Lover."

"Oow," Rarity said.

"It doesn't necessarily mean what you think it does," the old woman said, "it can represent seeing someone in a new light. Someone you've known for a while, but could never see the true them until now."

"I see," Twilight said as she put the card back, "I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that."

"Good luck to you all," she said.

"I'm telling you," Micro said once they were out of earshot, "she was just making it up as she went."

"Maybe," Flash said, "but it could be fun to keep an eye out for what she said."

As they left, they didn't notice Terror Card watching them. "And so it begins."


Up in space, Doom had returned and told Darklight about Terror Card.

"You idiot," he said to his minion, "how could you let her escape?"

"It doesn't matter," Doom replied, "I overheard the Rangers. They're looking for someone to bond to the Element of Forgiveness."

"Is that so," Darklight asked.

"How's that help us?" Heart asked.

"It's not like the Rangers will give us the Element," Cogs said.

"Maybe not us," Darklight said, "but there's one being on this ship they might give it to." With that he turned and left for the cells.

"Master," Doom asked, "who is it we're releasing."

"The only creature who can trick the Rangers into thinking he's a human," Darklight replied, making Cogs and Heart Breaker gasped.

"No master," Cogs said, "not him. He's to dangerous."

"He's no threat to me," Darklight replied, "I beat him once."

"Why would he even agree to help you anyway?" Heart asked, "he hates you."

"Maybe," Darklight said, "but I can be quite persuasive."

He arrived at the entrance of the Pit, where the four Shades were standing guard. "Open it!" They nodded and quickly pulled the four leavers, opened the iron door. "HAVOC!"

Seconds passed, until finally the sound of heavy footsteps could be heard. Eventually a voice spoke out and said,"so you've finally realised what you needed to do to win."

"Get out here!" Darklight almost yelled.

From out of the cell stepped a new figure. He looked like a human teenager, with light grey skin and spiky black hair. He was dressed in all black clothes, with a black leather overcoat. He had a long faded scar running down his face, starting just above his left eyebrow and going diagonally and ending at the right check. Around his neck was a control collar.

The teen stretched his body and looked around. "Glad to see you've kept the ship in...reasonable, shape."

"This is the guy you've told me about?" Doom asked, "he's human."

"Half human," Heart corrected, "his father married a human woman from another universe."

"He might look human," Cogs continued, "but he can take a monster form for a short time."

"Interesting," Doom said.

"So Darky," Havoc said as he stepped forward, "ready to make a deal?"

Darklight growled at this, "I'd rather die."

"That can be arranged," Havoc replied. However, a second later lightning surged around his body, making him scream in pain and fall to his knees until it stopped.

"You forget that I have your life in my hands?" Darklight asked, "think of betraying me and you'll go the same way that your father went."

Havoc growled as he looked up at Darklight. "What do you want from me?"


<The Next Day>

Flash and Sunset were in the command centre. Flash was gently practising his guitar, while Sunset was working on a new Megazord configuration.

In that second Twilight walked through the door, a frown on her face. She walked passed the other two without so much as a good morning, before going over to working on a computer. This did not go unnoticed by the two, who shared a glance at each other.

"So," Flash said nervously, "how'd the driving lesson go."

Twilight's head slowly turned towards him, giving him a look that could make milk curdle.

"That bad?" Flash asked.

"I didn't get my lesson," Twilight explained, "Shining got called into court to give evidence on a crime."

"Ouch," Sunset said, "well I'm sure you'll get your lesson another time."

"But I wanted to drive today," Twilight whined, "I reread my drivers handbook last night just for it."

Flash felt sorry for her, until a thought popped into his head. "Well," he said, "my cars in the parking lot. If you want I could give you a quick lesson?"

Twilight's eyes literally sparkled at that suggestion, making her rush over to him.

"Then come on," she said grabbing his hand and pulling him up off his seat, "let's go." She literally dragged the red Ranger out of the command base, "see you later Sunset."

"Have fun," Sunset replied, a smirk on her face.


Meanwhile the rest of the Rangers and Mane Six were cleaning up the cafeteria.

"Did you remember to clean the cooker?" Lyra asked the group.

"Already done," Rainbow said as she came out the kitchen.

"The window's need to be clean-"

"Way ahead of yeah," Applejack said as she and Pinkie walked into the room with buckets of water and window wash.

"Well what about-"

"Relax Lyra," Sweetie said, "we've got it covered."

"Yes darling," Rarity said, "we've done this enough times to know what to do."

"You seriously need to learn to relax," Rainbow said.

"You should do what I did and get these special candles," Sandal said, "their all natural and their smoke is suppose to cleanse one's aura."

"Come to think of it," Soarin said ignoring Sandalwood, "every time I'm here I see you working. Do you ever take a day off."

"Of course I do," Lyra replied.

"Really," Micro said sceptically, "when was the last time you did so."

Lyra was about to reply, but then stopped and thought of a moment. Finally she replied, "huh can't remember."

"Thought so," Soarin said.

"That's it," Sandal said, "you're taking the day off."

"But there's stuff that needs doing," Lyra replied.

"And the others can handle it," Sweetie told, "why don't we go see a movie or something."

"We've got this," Rainbow said.

Lyra thought and then sighed. "Fine," she said, "one movie."

"Great," Sweetie said as she grabbed her arm and pulled her out the cafeteria.

"Man that girl's a control freak," Rainbow said once they were gone.

"I guess her fortune was right," Sandal said, giving Micro a look.

"Coincidence," Micro replied. He then noticed Sandal's neck was looking red, "that doesn't look good."


Meanwhile up in space, Havoc was being brought up to date on the plan.

"So you push this button and I'd grow to be about ten times my normal size?"

"Yes," Cogs said.

"And you call it the Gigatisor?"

"Yes," Cogs said

"That's the stupidest name I ever heard."

"I can throw you back into the cell you know," Darklight said as he got up, "just stick to the plan."

"Relax Darky," Havoc said, "it's cool. I trick the Rangers into giving me the Element, then you warp me back up. How can that go wrong."

"In my experience, quite easily."

"Well I'd better be on my way," Havoc said, "wish me luck."

"Remember I'm keeping an eye on you," Darklight said, "if you fail me."

"Yeah yeah," Havoc said, "you'll destroy me, I get it." With that he left.

"I'm starting to regret this," Darklight said as he sat in his throne.

"I'll go keep an eye on him," Doom said as he left the bridge.


Meanwhile down on earth, Twilight's driving lesson was going quite well.

Flash turned out to be a rather good teacher and with his instruction, she managed to figure out most of what she needed to do.

"Not bad," Flash told her once she'd parked up, "a few mistakes but that's common for beginners."

"Thanks," Twilight replied as she killed the engine, "I still stalled a few times though."

"That's bound to happen to beginners," Flash assured her, "you just need to watch the clutch. Give it enough time and you'll be able to do it without even thinking. When I first started learning, I stalled every couple of feet and almost ran over an old lady."

Twilight giggled at this, before she noticed the time and where they'd parked. They were outside a fast food restaurant she loved, which gave her an idea. "Come on," she said as she got out of the car, "my treat."

"Okay," Flash said before getting out.

They ordered their food and sat outside to enjoy the beautiful day.

"Thanks by the way Flash," Twilight told him, "today was great."

"My pleasure," Flash said, "I'm always there for my friends."

"Yeah I know," Twilight replied, "getting to know you and the other Rangers this summer has been great. I'm glad we got involved."

"Same here," Flash said, "despite almost being destroyed more times then I can count, this summer has been the best one of my life. I got to meet so many amazing people and helped protect them from danger. I think, that I've really changed over this summer. We all have."

"Yeah," Twilight nodded, "I can see it. You've grown into an amazing leader, worthy of being a Power Ranger."

Flash smiled at the praise, with Twilight smiling right back as she took a bite from her burger.

"Too bad the summer ends in two weeks," Twilight said after swallowing, "it's gonna be weird going back to school after all this."

"Tell me about it," Flash said, "though if this year's anything like our last, we'll be in for a heck of a time. This whole years been an adventure."

"It's only been six months for me," Twilight told him, "I think you're thinking of the pony me."

"Oh yeah," Flash said blushing, "sorry."

"It's fine," Twilight said, "I guess it is hard to tell us apart."

"Maybe at first," Flash said, "but once I got to know you, telling you apart is easy."

"Really?" Twilight asked, "I thought we were suppose to be perfectly alike."

"Maybe on the surface," Flash said, "but passed that it's obvious how you're different."

"How?"

"Well," Flash said as his face flushed in embarrassment, "it's your eyes."

Twilight blinked at the statement, totally confused. "Eyes?"

"Princess Twilight had a look in her eyes that was more confused then anything," Flash explained, "probably just because of her unfamiliarity with this world. But when she saw something magical, she had this air around her that said she'd seen worse."

"And me?"

"You've always got this look of wonder in your eyes," Flash explained, "when you see something new, even though you don't know what it is you want to learn more about it."

Twilight wasn't sure how to answer that.

"Sounds silly I know," Flash said, "but it's just something I noticed."

Twilight's unsure face changed to that of a smile. "Thanks," she said, "I never really thought about it that way." She then looked up at him, "so how are things between you and her?"

Flash was a little taken aback by that question. "Well to be honest, considering she lives in another universe I realised nothing was ever really going to happen between us."

"Oh," Twilight said, "I'm sorry to hear that."

"It's fine," Flash replied, "I have more important things in my life right now other then pursuing a relationship."

"Right," Twilight said, "being a Ranger is important."

"Yeah," Flash said really wanting to change the subject, "what about you?"

"Me?"

"You and Timber," Flash said, "how are things going between you two?"

"Oh," Twilight said, "their okay. We write sometimes, but to be honest ever since I started helping you and the Rangers, I haven't given him much thought."

"Oh," Flash said feeling awkward.

"Yeah," Twilight said with a blush, "I guess we've both been a bit distracted."

Flash smirked at that, Twilight smirking back, before they both broke out laughing. They went on like this, before they both caught each others eyes and blushed as they looked away.

"I'm just glad I got to help you," Twilight said as she looked back at him, only to see Flash focused on something else. "Flash?"

Flash was staring over the crowd of people, straight into the eyes of someone he hadn't seen in years. "Dad," he whispered.

The man he stared at looked like an older version of him, wearing an orange overcoat. As quickly as he saw him, the man turned and left.

"DAD!" Flash yelled jumping up and following after the man.

"Flash!" Twilight called out, "where are you going?"

Flash didn't reply and quickly rushed off in the direction the man went. He pushed through the crowd towards the man, who had just entered a park like area. However, as Flash turned the corner and entered the park he found nothing.

"What!" He said looking around, "dad!"

"Surprise Ranger!" Before Flash could react, he found himself being struck by a bolt of lightning which sent him flying into a tree. Quickly recovering, Flash looked up and saw Terror Card standing before him. "Now you're mine."

Flash growled as he stood up. "I don't have time for this."

"Don't worry," Terror Card replied, "this won't take long." She pulled out a card from her pocket. "Arcana of the Sun," she threw it into the air, "FIRE!" The card transformed into a fireball, which flew at Flash making him jump out the way. "Arcana of the Moon," she held up several of the same card, "ICE!" She threw them as they morphed into icicles, which Flash was barely able to dodge. "I can do this all day," Terror Card said as she pulled out more cards.

"HEY!" The monster looked around and saw Twilight enter the park, her hands glowing with magic. "Take this," she used her magic to throw a nearby trash can at the monster, who didn't have time to react.

"This is not going as I foretold," she said as she picked herself up.

"You okay," Twilight asked as she ran over to Flash.

"I'm fine," Flash replied.

"You won't be soon enough," Terror Card said as she pulled out another card. "Arcana of the Tower," she threw it at them, "LIGHTNING!" A lightning bolt shot out the card, flying straight at them.

"Watch out!" Flash yelled as he grabbed Twilight and leaped out of the way, causing them to tumble down a hill.

"I don't stand a chance unless I'm fighting one on one," Terror Card said, "I'll have to try another time." With that she ran off.

Meanwhile Flash and Twilight came to a rolling stop at the bottom of the hill. Once the world had stopped spinning, Twilight looked down to find Flash underneath her. The two looked eyes and remained silent for a full minute, until Twilight finally broke the silence.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah," Flash replied, "thanks for the help back there."

"No problem," Twilight said.

"So," Flash said looking embarrassed, "I don't suppose you'd be willing to get up off me would you?"

"OH!" Twilight said and she jumped off him, "sorry."

"It's fine," Flash said as he got up, "but that monster."

"Yeah," Twilight said, "we need to get back and warn the others."

Flash nodded.


Meanwhile back at Canterlot High, Sunset had just walked into the cafeteria where the others were almost finished cleaning the windows. Rainbow was standing on a tall ladder, scrubbing away at a particularly stubborn smudge.

Sunset sat down with a soda she'd got from the vending machine. As she did she pulled the Element of Forgiveness out of her pocket.

"So," Soarin said as he finished mopping, "any new ideas on a gold Ranger?"

"No," Sunset said, "finding someone who's not only forgiving but willing to put their lives in danger is proving difficult."

"Maybe you should go see that fortune teller we met yesterday," Soarin replied, "she seemed to know what she's doing. Lyra's fortune came true."

"Oh yeah," Sunset said, "well what did she predict for you."

"That I should keep being the manliest man," Soarin said, "which I totally got covered. All I need's a damsel in distress to save."

In that moment, Rainbow scrubbed the dirt so much that it shook the ladder and made her lose balance. She let out a cry as she fell, getting Soarin's attention and making him kick into action.

Jumping over to her, Soarin managed to catch her before she hit the ground.

Rainbow looked up and saw Soarin holding her, making her blush. "Er...thanks."

"No problem," Soarin replied with a smirk.

Rainbow's blushed grew stronger. "You can let me down now," she said.

"Oh right," he replied gently dropping her.

"So yeah," she awkwardly said, "thanks." With that she turned and hurriedly walked off, hiding her face.

Sunset meanwhile was thinking what she'd just seen over and got up, before heading towards the exit.

"Where are you going?" Soarin asked her.

"To the fortune teller," Sunset said, "I know it sounds nuts, but if she can help me find a Ranger then I'm going." And with that she was gone, leaving Soarin who suddenly grabbed his back and made a pained face.


In the command base, Micro was at a computer typing something on his computer.

Sandal meanwhile was sitting next to him, his face covered in red splotches which were driving him crazy.

"Don't scratch," Micro told him as he watch him in the corner of his eye.

"I can't help it," Sandal said, "my skin's driving my crazy."

"Here we are," Micro said as the computer screen changed to that of the candles Sandal had described. "Says here these candles were recalled because they cause a rash in eight out of ten users."

"Crud," he replied.

"There's a hotline to call for a special cream to reduce the rash," Micro said, "you might want to order some."

"You think," he said sarcastically, "why is this happening? I was just trying to stay on the spiritual path I'm on."

"Right," Micro said slowly.

In that moment, Soarin walked in with a hand on his back. "Ow," he said as he placed his Element into its crystal bed.

"You okay?" Micro asked.

"Not really," Soarin said, "I think I might have injured my back when I helped Rainbow. Being manly is painful."

Micro thought for a moment about what the two had just said.

A second later, Lyra and Sweetie walked in. Lyra was covered in some kind of liquid.

"What happened to you?" Micro asked.

"I did what you said and tried to relax," Lyra said, "and I ended up chatting with a guy in the movie plaza."

"That sounds good," Sandal said.

"His girlfriend didn't seem to think so," Sweetie said.

"She pushed me into the soda machine," Lyra said, "which then spilled its contents onto me."

"Ouch," Soarin said.

In that second Twilight and Flash entered the room.

"I'm glad you guys are here," Micro said, "we need to talk about-"

"Our fortunes?" Flash asked.

"You know?"

"Both our fortunes came true," Twilight said, "but then they went bad."

"I saw my dad," Flash said, "the thing I've been seeking. When I went after him I got attacked by a monster using tarot cards."

"You think there's a connection?" Lyra asked.

"It can't be a coincidence," Flash said.

It was in that moment that Soarin's eyes went wide. "Oh no," he said, "Sunset."

"What about her?" Sweetie asked.

"She's gone to have her fortune told," Soarin explained, "she's hoping it'll lead her to a new Ranger."

The others all gasped.

"You guys need to find her," Twilight said.

"Let's go," Flash said as they all turned to the door and recalled their Elements before leaving.


Sunset had just arrived at the fortune tellers box.

"Hello my dear," the old woman said, "do you wish to have your fortune told?"

"I'm hoping you could help me find something I'm looking for," Sunset explained.

"I can try," the woman said, "the future is not always clear on what it wishes to show you." She shuffled the deck and then spread the cards out. "Take which ever one you want."

Sunset picked a random card and showed it to the woman.

"The Magician," she said, "this card represents change. What you seek may be closer then you think, but be warned for the magician also represents deception. Someone may try and deceive you."

"Is that so," Sunset said. She put the card down and left the table, what the woman said ringing through her ears.

Meanwhile the Rangers had just arrived at the area and saw Sunset leave the table.

"We're to late," Sweetie said.

"Come on," Flash said as they rushed after her.

Sunset was crossing the road when she heard her name being called, causing her to turned and see the Rangers. However, a car was speeding down the road. When Sunset heard the car and turned to see, it was to late for her to move.

"SUNSET!" The Rangers screamed as they watched the car get closer.

Suddenly Sunset felt someone grab her and pull her off the road, just missing the car.

"Are you okay?" Sunset looked up at the voice, only to see a teen with grey skin, black hair and a scar on his face look down at her.

"I'm fine," she replied, "thank you. I'm sorry I made you do that, you could have been hurt."

The teen smiled down at her and smiled. "It's no problem," he said, "just try and be more careful next time."

And with that the teen turned and left, leaving Sunset to think about what had just happened. He'd risked his life to save her and wasn't angry at her for being careless. He was so...forgiving.

"Sunset!" Flash said as the Rangers crossed the road and surrounded her, "are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Sunset said, "better then okay." She stepped forward towards the teen, "excuse me?"

The teen looked around and smiled back at her. "Yes?"

"I was wondering if you could hold something for me for a second," she said as she pulled out the Element. She held it out to him, his eyes seemed to sparkle as he reached for it.

"Sunset wait!" Lyra said.

However, before the teen could even touch the Element, a fireball suddenly flew at them and exploded. The force of the explosion knocked the Element out of Sunset's hand and sending them all flying.

"Finally," the Rangers looked up and saw Terror Card step towards the Element and pick it up. "An Element, all mine."

"Wrong!" Terror Card looked around and saw Doom standing a ways off, "it's mine." He swung his sword and unleashed and thunderbolt, which struck the monster and threw the Element from her grasp and making it fly into Doom's hand. "Gotcha," he smiled as a telebolt flew down and warped him away.

"No!" Terror Card said.

Havoc pulled himself up and looked at Terror Card with anger, but his anger faded when he noticed his hand sparking. Not wanting the others to see, Havoc ran off and hid behind a building as he looked at his hand. It sparked and shined to signal that his powers were working, but that would only happen if. He felt around his neck and felt the control collar was loose, allowing him to pull it off. "Perfect," he said with a smile before rushing off.


"I can still win my freedom," Terror Card said, "if I can destroy the other Rangers."

"That's not happening!" The monster turned around and saw the Rangers a ways off.

"It's Morphin Time!" Flash yelled as he pulled out his gear. "Magi-Charger!"

Ready!" The others said as they held up their Chargers and clicked them.

They placed them inside their morphers which began to power up. "Energise!" They spun the barrels before pointing them to the sky, "Unleash the Power!" They pulled the triggers and unleashed the Zord heads, which flew around them and then bit down on them. In a flash of light they were in their Ranger suits, ready for battle.

"You don't scare me," Terror Card said.

"We'll see about that," Flash yelled as they rushed forward.

"Arcana of the Tower," Terror Card spoke as she held out the card, "LIGHTNING!" A lightning bolt flew at them.

"Thunder Sabre!" Soarin held out his weapon and blocked the attack, which charged up his own. "My turn," he said as he swung the sword, "Thunder Sabre Strike!" A blue lightning bolt flew out and struck around the monster.

"Magitech!" The Rangers called upon their weapons and charged forward.

"Arcana of the Sun," Terror Card yelled as she threw a card, "FIRE!" The card changed into a fireball, which flew at the Rangers.

"Sphinx Shield block!" Sweetie held out her weapon as the fireball bounced off.

"Griffon Shooter," Micro yelled as he aimed his weapon, "fire!" He pulled the trigger and fired of a flurry of fire, which struck Terror Card.

"No fair," she screamed.

"Our turn!" Flash yelled as he, Lyra and Sandal charged forward.

"Fenrir Fang!" Sandal yelled as he slashed at the monster.

"Serpent Staff!" Lyra yelled as she did the same.

"Dragon Breaker," Flash yelled as the punched the monster, "Head Smash!"

Terror Card went flying back.

"Let's end this," Flash said as he pulled out a Magi-Charger and clicked it. "Magi-Charger, ready. Guardian Buster, activate." He threw the Charger in the air before it transformed into the super weapon, which he caught and activated.

"Magi-Chargers," everyone said, as they activated their Chargers and placed them in the compartments before shutting them. "Locked and loaded."

GUARDIAN BUSTER...RED CHARGE!

"Magi-Charger, ready!" Soarin said as he placed his own Charger inside his sword.

THUNDERBIRD CHARGER...ENGAGED!

As the weapon charged, the Ranger took their positions. "Guardian Buster, Dragon Blast...FIRE!" Flash pulled the trigger and a single powerful blast shot out, which morphed into the shape of the Dragon Zord's head.

Meanwhile Soarin swung his blade. "Thunder Sabre Strike!" From the blade fired a giant blue lightning bolt, which took the shape of the Thunderbird and flew towards the monster.

The two attacks merged and flew at Terror Card, who screamed as she was sent flying.


Up in space, Darklight growled as he turned to a Shade. "Fire the Gigatisor!"

The Shade nodded and ran over to the button and hit it, releasing the growing machine which fired.


Down on earth the Rangers watched as the red beam flew down and struck Terror Card, causing an explosion with a giant Terror Card stepping out of the the smoke.

"Rangers!" The six turned to Sunset. "Call the Phoenix and Minotaur Zord," she said, "I've designed a new combination with them."

"Got it," Flash said as he and Sweetie pulled out the Chargers.

"Magi-Chargers," they said as they clicked the buttons, "ready!"

"Summon Minotaur Zord!" Flash yelled as he threw the Charger.

"Summon Phoenix Zord!" Sweetie yelled as she threw the Charger.

The Chargers flew through the air and into their Zord's mouths.

MAGI-CHARGERS...ENGAGED!

The two Zords awakened and left their hiding place, heading to the Ranger's location.

"Let's go," Flash ordered as they jumped into the Phoenix Zord's cockpit.

"Let's do this," Lyra said.

"I hear that," Soarin said.

Flash nodded as the specs for the new Megazord appeared. "Activate Phoenix-Wing Megazord, Minotaur Formation."

ZORDS COMBINED!

The Phoenix-Wing Megazord formed like normal, but its left arm remained inside the shoulder which spun around revealing a plug. The Minotaur then connected to that plug, becoming the new arm.

PHOENIX-WING MEGAZORD, MINOTAUR FORMATION...READY!

The Megazord landed infront of the monster, ready for battle.

"You don't scare me," Terror Card said as she pulled out several cards. "Arcana of the Moon," she threw them, "ICE!" The cards morphed into giant icicles, which flew at the Megazord.

"Wildfire Wingbeat!" The Rangers said as the Megazord's wings ignited and unleashed fireballs, which struck the icicles and melted them.

"What!" Terror Card cried in shock.

"Mino-Claw!" They said as the Megazord flew over to the monster and struck it with the claw like horns.

"AAARRR!" Terror Card yelled as she stepped back.

"Phoenix Fist!" The Megazord punched the monster.

"Arcana of the Chariot," Terror Card yelled as she held up another card, "WIND!" From the card, a tornado flew out and pushed the Megazord back.

The Megazord used the Minotaur Zord to grab a nearby building and prevent itself from going flying, before it jumped into the air and flew out of the tornado.

"Let's end this," Flash said.

"Right!" The others agreed.

The Megazord flew down and grabbed Terror Card in its horns.

"Hey!" Terror Card yelled, "let go!"

"Oh we will," Lyra said.

"But you'll wish we hadn't," Micro said.

The Megazord threw the monster up over its head, letting go and sending Terror Card flying before following. As they drew closer, they all moved and spoke in perfect sync. “Phoenix-Wing Megazord, Final Strike!”

The Megazord's wings ignited again, only this time the flames flew up and formed a giant ball of fire just above its head. "Firebird Fury!" The fireball shot forwards towards Terror Card, before it morphed into the shape of a giant blazing bird. It drew close to the monster and then spun around her, creating a ring of fire around the her which suddenly exploded into a flaming tornado.

After a full minute the flame tornado finally went out, revealing an incredibly burnt Terror Card. "I should have seen this coming," were her last words before she was engulfed in a massive explosion and destroyed.

The Rangers cheered seeing the monster destroyed.

"Guardian Rangers," Flash said, "victory is ours."


Meanwhile up in space, Darklight stood perfectly still as Cogs worked to upgrade his armour.

Cogs opened his armour's chest plate before placing the Element of Forgiveness inside a slot he'd made especially for this moment. "Done," he said as he shut the opening, "Now the Element's power is yours to command."

A second later, golden energy surged around Darklight's armour. "Yes!" He cried out as he felt the magic flow through him, "finally the power is mine."

However, a clapping sound caught their attention, making them spin around and see Havoc in the corridor.

"Congrats," Havoc said, "you finally got an Element, and what did it take only...a thousand years."

"Mock me if you want," Darklight said as he moved over to him, "but now that I have an Element, the rest will soon be mine."

"We'll see about that," Havoc replied.

"If I'm correct," Darklight said, "you didn't get the Element, so that means our deals off." He pushed passed him, "throw him back in his cell."

Two Shades rushed over and grabbed Havoc by the arms, as he simply smiled. "I don't think so," he said as his hands pulsed with magic, which struck the Shades and destroyed them.

Darklight spun around and saw this. "What?"

"Look what got damaged by your monster's attack," he said as he pulled out the control collar.

Darklight growled.

The two stared each other down, as magic pulsed around their fingers. Suddenly the two both shot magical blasts at the other, which connected and pushed against each other. Finally the golden blast coming from Darklight overpowered Havoc's, sending him flying back and smashing into a wall.

"Get that collar back on him!" Darklight ordered, as Cogs rushed over and grabbed the collar, before refastening it around his neck. It activated an Havoc felt his powers once again being suppressed. "Pathetic," Darklight said, "you couldn't defeat me when you had your full power and now I'm a hundred times stronger, while you are even weaker. Face it kid, you'll never defeat me." With that he spun around and walked away. "Throw him back in his cell!"

The Shades grabbed Havoc and pulled him up, before throwing him back into the Pit and locking it up.

Havoc just growled at this. "You will pay," he said.


Back on earth, the Rangers were all depressed as they walked into the Command Centre. They may have beaten Terror Card, but they'd lost the Element of Forgiveness.

"This is bad," Flash said as he sat down away from the others.

"It'll be alright," he looked up to see Twilight sitting down next to him, "you'll get the Element back."

"I hope so," Flash said, only to realise something. "Hey, you said your fortune came true."

"Yeah?"

"So who did you see in a new light?"

Twilight's face turned bright red, causing her to not look him in the face. "Oh," she said quickly thinking, "I saw...myself."

"What?" Flash asked.

"When you said all that stuff about me," she said, "it made me rethink my opinion of myself."

"Oh," Flash said, "well glad I could help." With that he got up and went to the others."

"Yeah," she said before sighing, "thanks."

The rest of the group were all depressed.

"This is all my fault," Sunset said.

"No it isn't," Lyra said, "if anything it's our fault."

"It's no one's fault," Celestia said, "we win some we lose some."

"But if we didn't decide to take those fortunes," Sandal said.

"You can't change the past," they looked around to see Starswirl enter the room, "but you can learn from it."

"He's right," Flash said, "it's happened, so now we just need to deal with it."

"But now that Darklight has an Element," Luna said, "you'll have to be very careful."

"He may have an Element," Soarin said, "but we've got six."

"Plus one more," Micro reminded as he looked over at Twilight, "we're gonna need Shining Armor for this."

Twilight and the others nodded.

"So what do we do?" Sweetie asked.

"We fight," Flash said, "and we end this once and for all."

"But how?" Rainbow said.

"Darklight's really dangerous now," Fluttershy said.

"And don't forget Doom, Cogs and Heart," Applejack said.

"And whatever monster they decide to have help them," Rarity said.

"This isn't gonna be fun," Pinkie said.

"It doesn't matter," Flash said, "no matter what's happened we've always come out on top, because we've worked together. And we're gonna do the same thing now."

"He's right," Twilight said, "we can't give up after on little setback."

The others agreed. Darklight might have the Element of Forgiveness, but it would take more then that to beat them. Now matter what the Rangers will win and Darklight, will be destroyed.

Author's Note:

You can thank my favourite MLP Fanfic, Persona EG, for this monster idea.

So how will the Rangers get back the Element of Forgiveness? Keep Reading to find out.