• Published 18th Feb 2017
  • 850 Views, 29 Comments

Lego World Adventures - markzilla6895



A collection of adventures with the Lego Team and some unexpected faces

  • ...
 29
 850

Assault on the Egg Carrier

Sonic and Rainbow Dash stared down at E-102 Gamma as the red robot readied his blaster arm. The mechanical minion quickly locked onto the hedgehog and fired a laser blast, catching Sonic off-guard and knocking him down. Rainbow Dash hurried to her partner to help him up, but Gamma had already fired on her, sending her to the ground as well. Gamma marched to the duo and aimed his blaster point-blank at Sonic's face.

"STOP!" Fluttershy shouted. She put herself between Sonic and Gamma, her arms spread out defensively. "I won't let you hurt my friends!"

"F-Fluttershy..." Rainbow coughed as she slowly got up. "M-Move out of the way..." The pink-haired minifig shook her head.

"I can't."

"Why not?! He's going to kill us!"

"He rescued me! And I can't let you hurt each other!" Gamma slowly lowered his gun and stared intently at Fluttershy's face.

"...what are 'friends?'" Gamma finally asked.

"Oh, well," Fluttershy began. "Friends are people you like to spend time with, people you can trust to always have your back..." she turned and gave a soft smile to Rainbow Dash. Gamma looked at the others fighting Eggman's robots along with the doctor himself.

"Friends..." Gamma's mind began to register new commands. "Dr. Eggman... Enemy. Master Registration... Deleted. Lego Team... Friends. Must save..." Gamma raised his gun again, only this time aiming at the Egg Viper mecha Eggman was piloting and fired, directly striking its power core. The snake mecha began to fly around erratically while its connected body began to explode until finally only the Egg Mobile was left.

"How?!" The fat man yelled angrily as the explosion of the Egg Viper directly damaged the Egg Carrier's engines. The mighty flying battleship began its descent towards the ocean.

"Okay, we all gotta get off here fast!" Sunset ordered her teammates. The others nodded before looking around for a safe way off the ship. Peter Pan chuckled as Tinker Bell flew over the group, spreading her pixie dust on them. Slowly, they began to float in the air, still covered in the sparkling dust.

"Just think happy thoughts, and you'll be fine!" Peter shouted as they flew off the edge of the Egg Carrier just as the flying fortress crashed onto the water's surface.

"Wait, where's Fluttershy?!" Rainbow Dash asked, starting to head back to the ship.

"No time to look for her!" Amy shouted. "If we stay around here any longer, we'll all die!" Rainbow Dash sighed in defeat as she followed the group back to the Mystic Ruins.

"I guess this is where we part ways then," the boy in green said as they landed near Tails' Workshop.

"Hope we can see each other again," Sunset shook Peter's hand. He gave a salute before flying off, Tinker Bell following him. Just as they vanished from sight, Tails, Twilight and Spike landed right by them in the Tornado.

"We're here!" Twilight panted as she leapt off the wing. "What did we miss?"

"Well, we just took down a giant snake robot!" Pinkie Pie cheered. "And Eggy's giant ship!"

"Aw, we missed it!" Spike groaned as the others shared a laugh. Twilight loudly cleared her throat, catching everyone's attention.

"Well, we managed to find where Maleficent is hiding out," she held up a portable screen that was currently showing a blinking dot. "She's currently holed up in her fortress in the Castle Region."

"Why do most of our battles end up there?" Rarity sighed as she dusted her legs. Twilight scanned around the area and noticed someone was missing.

"Wait, where's Fluttershy?"

In the jungle nearby

Fluttershy coughed as she regained consciousness. The last thing she remembered was a giant explosion sending her flying and then total darkness. As she looked around, she saw she was near a large pyramid right in the middle of the jungle. She then saw she wasn't alone either.

"M-Mr. Robot!" She leapt up in shock, hands raised in preparation to fight.

"Gamma," the machine droned.

"Huh?"

"Dr. Eggman gave me the designation of Gamma."

"Okay then, Gamma, did you... save me?"

"Affirmative."

"Why?"

"Because you are my... friend." He turned around and began walking away.

"Where are you going?"

"To lead you back to the others. This way." Fluttershy began to follow Gamma through the maze of trees and vines until they reached a tall ladder. Fluttershy quickly ponied up and flew to the top while Gamma slowly climbed the ladder. There was a mine cart leading to the entrance of the ruins and the train station. The two hopped inside as it sped through a tunnel and finally stopped near the large open field. Waiting for them was a large flying robot that had black armor, large sharp claws and a single eye that stared at Gamma.

"Not another one," Fluttershy prepared to defend herself when Gamma suddenly stepped in front of her. "Gamma? What is it?"

"I will handle Beta," Gamma replied. "You go find your friends." Fluttershy shook her head.

"We'll fight him together," her face becoming a steely resolve. Gamma quickly grabbed Fluttershy and leapt out of the way as Beta suddenly charged forward. Gamma took the opportunity to shoot his older "brother" in the back, causing the upgraded Beta to spark a little.

"Why must we fight, brother?" Gamma asked Beta. "What is the point?"

"Master's orders: Termination of all traitors," Beta's eye flared as he fired a round of homing missiles and began releasing energy blasts from his hands. Fluttershy flew up and kicked him from behind, causing him to spark again and to slowly fall to the ground. Gamma quickly fired through Beta's chest, delivering the final blow. Fluttershy cheered and hugged the robot, unaware Beta had gotten back up and was now charging one last shot. By the time Fluttershy noticed, Beta had already fired, causing a direct hit to Gamma's body.

"GAMMA!" The Lego Team member knelt next to her new friend as he laid there sparking.

"Damage... critical. Self-repair system... offline. Fluttershy... run." Gamma's body began to spark some more. "Self-destruction sequence... activated." Fluttershy quickly ran as fast as she could as both robots were engulfed by Gamma's explosion. When the dust settled, only a pair of birds were left. Lily flew from Fluttershy's pocket and embraced the birds.

"So... your family was inside those two all along..." Fluttershy wiped some of the tears from her eyes as her friends joined her. The locket Lily was holding opened by itself, revealing the cyan Chaos Emerald inside. Fluttershy caught it as it fell out from the locket. She looked up and slowly waved good-bye to the departing family of birds.

"We saw the explosion," Sunset explained. "What happened?"

"Where's that robot at?" Applejack demanded.

"Gamma's... gone..." Fluttershy felt her eyes tearing up again. Rainbow Dash gave a reassuring pat on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry to hear that, Fluttershy..." Twilight helped her teammate up.

"Well, we're heading to the Castle Region to stop Maleficent." Tails explained. "Twilight has already set the coordinates."

The bespectacled minifig nodded and led the others back to Tails' plane. Inside it was an image of the Castle Region. Fluttershy managed to get her emotions in check and followed the others to the Tornado.