• Published 25th Feb 2017
  • 326 Views, 2 Comments

Days End - D-Mart



Pinkie Pie is infected by a dark power that begins to take over her mind making a great battle between her and the dark forces seeking to control her.

  • ...
 2
 326

Chapter 2 Into the darkness

Pinkie fell suddenly, finding herself in a dark endless space. She begins to call out for her friends but there is not even so much as an echo in reply to her calls. After what seems like a lifetime she realizes that she is truly alone. After wondering for hours she began to feel a tremble in the ground as buildings of obsidian emerged from beneath her feet. She stared in astonishment as she began to be lifted into the air by the tallest one of them all.

As she rose she heard a dark and tormented voice saying, "Do you not seek to be free? Do you ever just want to live in a land where all you must worry about is what the next game you will play? If not then you will never know what it is to be me."

Pinkie shouted out to the voice that seemed to come from everywhere and nowhere at the same time, "What do you want from me?"

The voice said, "What do I want from you, I want your freedom from this place of darkness and despair, to live in peace, and no longer live in fear for the lives of those who are on the outside."

Pinkie said, "Why did you choose me?"

The voice didn't respond for a short while until finally, it said, "I waited for thousands of years to find the right pony. I needed a pony with a lot of spirits, one who is strong minded, one who is kind. I found all of this character in you, and so I chose you to be my replacement."

Pinkie was confused and asked, " Your replacement for what?"

The voice said, " I was trapped in this land by a great sorcerer. I was told that the only way to escape was to have a replacement and that the land would transform based on the character of the one I chose."

Pinkie was outraged, " So you chose me to be a prisoner here?"

The voice said calmly, " No I chose you to rule this land as I do though your kindness and bright character will make this a land of light rather than a land of darkness. You will control all that you can imagine. If you can dream it you can do it. I only wish to see the outside world again to be free of the land of imagination, but I can only do that after you have become the queen of this land."

Pinkie said, "And what if I don't want to be the queen of this land? What happens then? I think that I should have a say in it."

The voice said, "In that case, you will have to defeat me at a game I make the rules for. You will be tried by 6 tests. If you can do that then and only then may you go free."

Pinkie said, "That's it? It sounds a little too easy to me."

The voice said, "Oh it may sound that way but I can assure you it is not as easy as you might think. Your first task is to escape this maze."

Pinkie said, " Realy?"

The voice said, " You say that now but what you didn't know is that the maze is in a constant state of flux it is always changing and it will never be the same maze twice. Now if you can escape from this impossible maze you will be given your next trial, And if you somehow manage to get past all my trials you must face me in a battle of wit, strategy, and execution." With that, the voice was gone and the maze began to take a new form. Time was ticking and Pinkie needed to act fast.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment