• Published 18th Feb 2017
  • 609 Views, 0 Comments

A hearts and hooves day - dimensional rift_13



You are a grey stallion in love with yellow mare who you're unsure weather she has come to love you or not no matter after all you know the instruments to the soul

  • ...
 0
 609

The only one

You are a grey unicorn stallion, your parents had divorced when you were younger leaving you in foster care. The first foster home wasn't so bad you just had to work the farm after you were done you were left alone. That is the first time you saw her she was flying slowly you could just make out her colors and mane she was the most beautiful site you had seen and then she was gone only the memories of this yellow filly with a pink mane remained.

You were adopted shortly after this time by a unicorn who was deeply fond of the arts he taught you magic and the wonders of music, but also how to paint.

No pony will ever know what transpired on that lovely day you received your cutie mark. You had pleased the person you had come to know as your father for your mark was a canvas with a single bass cleft on it.

You were happy for a time working on your paintings privately while learning music as it had embedded itself into your soul, but your happiness wouldn't last for you saw that mare in the market you had tried to say hello but before it left your lips she was gone never to be seen by you again or at least for now.

That summer you packed your things and moved to canterlot yet you couldn't quite put your hooves on it but you felt like you were missing something and your heart ached because of it.

You started attending classes at the college for fine arts and found out how much your skills were lacking for you had not had the money or the prior education, no matter you powered through it none to less. Passing the course was simple but the final exam had been an issue for you needed to create a work of art strictly from your memory they would put you in a room by yourself only one door and a small window with a canvas propped up in the middle of room as you paced the room you thought of your past remembering the first time you saw her, as you thought of it your body responded almost automatically. At first just a sketch then as it became more and more detailed you began to add color as the masterpiece came to a close your instructor walked in admiring your work and explaining to you that it will be part of the college’s art gallery for years to come, this excited you for not every final project hangs there they only allow five per year.

Later that night you find yourself at the club waiting for your friends to show up you talk to the dj a white unicorn with a blue mane she asks you to cover while she runs to the bathroom quickly. You being a helpful pony agree only to find your not sure how to work her equipment but from watching her you know what to do to make it seem like she never left. She thanks you and offers you lessons which you accept of course being a music lover you never decline learning something new. Your friends so up shortly after you find out that all but one had passed the exam and he would be required to take it again in a week or so. They of course congratulate your success and they each order a round of drinks to celebrate, but your mind is elsewhere thinking about that girl.

Weeks later your still thinking about her haven't you learned she's a lost cause or maybe you should find her after all you can't stop thinking about her maybe you should see if she might have feelings for you.

You settle it and head back to your home town of ponyville finding a night job as a dj and working on your paintings for income you start to search for her you spot her in the market getting ripped off by the guy at the produce stand and so after she leaves you buy the items she needed and follow her home. You make sure she doesn't notice you when she walks into her cottage you set the items on the door step and ring the door bell then dive into a nearby bush, she looks around confused but takes the produce anyway.

You sigh as you realize you should been brave enough to at least ask her, her name as you turn away your confronted by a rather excited pink mare not knowing what to do until she says something about a welcome to ponyville party, you realize she is the new party planner so you tell her it would be more like a welcome back party.

A few weeks pass and you've made no progress the most you've inter acted with her are quick chats which usually end with either you handing her the items shop keepers are mean to her about or her shying away lately it's become more of the former then the latter today you feel will be different for today she has invited you to tea and of course you accept.

During tea you chat about future plans your tell her your an artist and a dj, while she informs you that she directs a choir of birds, you ask her to show you sometime she agrees.

You feel you really hit it off and she keeps inviting you back becoming quite comfortable with you. As the months pass by you find yourself at her cottage for tea when the weather makes a turn for the worst a snow storm rolls in you find yourself trapped there for the night she insists you sleep with her when you offer to sleep on the couch.

That night you confess your love to her and she responds that she has felt the same for a long time but was to shy to say it. The next morning we both look at each other realizing that today is hearts and hooves day and neither of us has a gift for the other except maybe each other.

Author's Note:

Quick hearts and hooves day one shot hope you enjoy

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment