• Published 13th Feb 2017
  • 6,944 Views, 164 Comments

Changelings of Harmony - Prismfire Productions



A dying Chrysalis comes to seek aid from the Elements of Harmony, but what cost must be bared?

  • ...
24
 164
 6,944

Ichor is Thicker Than Water

-One Month Later-

The time since the Day of Mourning that was held for Queen Chrysalis, as well as the confrontation between Queens Fluttershy and Themis, passed by rather quick and soon it came time for the Queens Council to assemble. It truly was a good news-bad news situation, good news was Queen Glacial Wing was the host hive but the bad news was that Queen Themis was the leading Queen, just as she had said during the confrontation with Fluttershy and she wanted ichor to spill. There was only one thing on Themis' mind as the Council session started...revenge.

"As the Head Queen of the Council, I call this meeting into session!" Themis slammed her gavel down, making everyling jump but she didn't care. "First matter of business, the queens of the...Harmony Hive have something to say, Queen Twilight you have the floor."

Twilight stood and bowed. "Thank you Queen Themis for giving me the floor." Themis gave a disgruntled hiss and nod in recognition before Twilight continued. "I have some good news to report, the plan the Harmony Hive mentioned one month ago was a success during this prototype stage. Since our last encounter, me and my co-queens have had a select few drones mingle in with others of different species, there is an 87% acceptance rate and 62% have found a "life partner" as it were." There were a few scattered soft claps of hooves applauding this announcement, but to say that Themis was enraged was like judging Discord's power by his looks, in other words a vast understatement.

"HOW DARE YOU?!?!?" Themis boomed silencing the chamber and making a few of the razor sharp icicles hanging from the ceiling dangerously sway. " DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU HAVE DONE?!? YOU HAVE MUDDLED, DEFILED, AND DISHONORED OUR PROUD SPECIES! Chrysalis made a mistake in choosing you six, for none of you have any clue what it truly means to be a changeling, let alone a queen. I hereby sentence you and your co-queens to have your titles removed, your drones split between the other queens, your hive and it's lands annaxed, and you six exiled to the furthest reaches of the Frozen North to spend the rest of your days as outcasts." Before she could slam the gavel, however, she was stopped by Queen Twilight.

"If you truly go through with that then you would be risking all out war! Keep in mind that my hive is extremely close allies with not only Equestria, but also the Crystal Empire. In addition, every queen here besides you has a treaty in place with the Harmony Hive, so in short you would also be declared rogue. I think you have let your title as the Head Queen go to your head because I have been studying not only changeling history, but also changeling law and I have got to say a Collective Democracy works better than the Diarchy that Equestria currently has in place. Considering every queen, excluding yourself, has agreed to form a Collective..."

Twilight purposely left the sentence hanging, and when Themis caught on to where Twilight was going with her statement her pupils widened in shock. "You are crazy, there hasn't been a Collective since the First Mother died, but of course since you have been "studying" you probably already knew that." Twilight nodding only irked Themis more as she continued her rant and jestured to the other queens as she spoke. "You are all making a very grave mistake if you go through with these fakelings' ideals and plans, the only way this will end is in destruction."

Fluttershy spoke up. "If we are fakelings then so are you!" Every queen froze, Themis included, and stared at her like she had two heads. "As has been stated before, me and my friends are now full-blooded Changeling Queens just as you are. It doesn't matter what walk of life we came from or how we were raised, what matters is the here and now; the past is the past so let it stay there and the future is a revolving door, always uncertain. The times are a changeling Queen Themis, the others here are and have been willing to accept, embrace, and strive towards our goal of a better tomorrow..." She then paused and sighed, her tone turning into a softness of a mother talking to a stubborn child but also showing compassion. "We don't want war...just peace..."

"And if something is not broke there is no need to fix it!" Themis countered with deep snarl, everyling had to duck under the table to keep from getting speared by a few falling icicles caused from the reverberations of the snarl.

Queen Saphron then joined the debate. "True, but even you have to admit most of the rules in the code are outdated, got example is that we no longer sacrifice the runt of each clutch to the First Mother, we train them to be foal infiltrators."

"And the code is more like a set of guidelines than actual rules." Pinkie, who was wearing a pirate hat that she had gotten from only-Celestia-knows-where, stated while leaning back in her seat. "So let's get down to business me hardies...fact of the matter is that you are being overthrown Themis and have an open invite to join the Collective if ye wish..."

Queen Themis stared blankly at the Party Queen but still stood steadfast in her mindset. "I will not, and you can go buck a cactus because that is the only action you will ever see in your life!"

Pinkamena's colors dulled and her mane and tail went flat, a deep anger ignited and she made sure Themis felt the change in outflow, which made the latter ill. "Only action I will ever see huh?...Well then, seems to me that you have no idea who you are dealing with..." The room seemed to darken as Pinkamena approached Themis, who was now shaking in her seat and putting out a great deal of fear. "I am Pinkamena Diane Pie...and your number was just placed on my list..." She then did a soft, dark chuckle. "and don't tell me you aren't scared because I can taste it." One breath in Themis' ear was all it took for the overthrown queen to hightail it back to her hive in a flash of fire and Pinkie returned to normal like nothing had happened.

Glacial Wing decided to step up. "Now that problem is out of the way...I elect Queen Fluttershy to be the new Head Queen, do any oppose?" When the chambers stayed silent Glacial nodded. "It is official then, Head Queen Fluttershy you have the floor."

Flutters got up and the others gave a small bow. "Umm...t-thanks and you all may rise. I have one simple order I want to give before I call this session to a close, each of you prepare for your drones for war because I fear that the problem with Queen Themis is far from resolved..." The others nodded and Fluttershy softly tapped the gavel, and it wasn't long before the queens dispersed, each confused by the order but they each could tell Fluttershy meant business. That night Themis' fear turned into bitter hatred as she slept, each dream more darker and gruesome than the last, which cumulated with her killing the Harmony Queens and reclaiming her throne in the last one she had before she awkoke. She woke up refreshed, feeling the best that she had felt in a long time. "The best way to kill a seed is take it out at the source...I now know how I am going to extract my revenge and noling is going to stop me when I execute my end game..."

Author's Note:

I am now on Patreon! Head on over by clicking this link to see what I have to offer.

https://www.patreon.com/sandstorm94