• Published 25th Feb 2017
  • 2,689 Views, 255 Comments

For science - Book two - Znegil



The continuation of Stella's and Twilight's Story. We will take a look at Cadence's past and have some extra science as a bonus ;-)

  • ...
14
 255
 2,689

2 Tool

I walked to the little lake I had been with Rainbow before, Lyra was right next to me. Indigo's story had a deep impact on me, I wasn't happy to be reminded of our violent nature. But more than that, his Story reminded me of Twilight and myself and the thought she could die...

I sat next to the lake, watching the sun reflect on its surface.

Lyra had been silent the whole way to the lake. "Hey, are you finished with your gloomy thoughts?", she finally asked. "You know we had wars in Equestria too, ponies are capable of doing horrible things as well."

I looked at her confused. "I know, I read some history books in the library. Humans and ponies had times when they killed each other, but it seems to me you changed for the better while we didn't."

"We're all individuals and make our own decisions, you're not responsible for what humans have done. You even made sure they can't come here."

I laid on the ground and look to the sky. "Yes, I know. But it wasn't only that. His story was so similar to me and Twilight... the thought of losing her scared me." I used my hand to cover my eyes.

I felt the weight of Lyra's head on my belly. "We all can feel like this from time to time.", she said. "Sometimes when everything is so perfect, you get scared to lose it. I had the same fear when I was holding Bon Bon one night. I felt her body heat and her slow breathing, it was so perfect. Suddenly this fear was crawling up to me... 'What if she stops breathing right now?' I knew it was stupid to think that way, but I still cried while hoping for each additional breath of hers. I laid like this for half an hour until I was so exhausted I fell asleep."

"I'm sorry to hear that.", I replied and brushed my fingers through her mane.

"We will do everything we can, to protect the ones we love.", she continued. "But we can't worry about every little thing that might happen or we miss out on all the good times with our lovers."

"Yeah, I know."

We just laid like this for a couple more minutes, while I casually petted her head.

She sighed. "I really don't want you to stop, but there is something I should give you. Could you come to my house with me?"

"Another thing about Indigo Nightshade?"

"No... this is more personal."

We both stood up. "Sure, let's go. You made me curious."

...

We entered her house and I looked around. "Bon Bon isn't here right now?", I asked.

"No, she is working in her sweets shop. You should visit her shop sometimes, her strawberry-lemon drops are incredible." She led me to her room.

When she opened the door to her room I took a step back. "What happened here? Have you been robbed?"

The room was a total mess, books and scrolls laid across the floor, on the opposite wall stood a workbench covered with different wooden stuff and sawdust was everywhere in the room. She smiled. "No, it always looks like this, that why we have our private moments in her room... and sometimes in the living room... and this one time in the kitchen."

I ignored the insights into her love life and carefully entered her room without stepping on anything. Twilight would be pissed if she saw how Lyra treated her books. "So, what is it you wanted to show me?", I asked.

She walked around me without care for the ground beneath her and used her magic to bring out a box from under the bed. She laid it on the bed and opened it so I could see what it contained. It looked like someone's chopped off hand covered by a long black silk glove.

"What the hell is this?!", I asked in horror and took a step back.

At first, she was confused by my reaction than she seemed to understand. "No, no, no. It is harmless." She used her magic to slip off the glove and revealed a wooden hand and arm, about as big as the one I had lost.

As I stepped closer and studied it in detail, I saw how skillful it was done. Each finger had wooden individual joints and even the fingernails looked perfect.

"I made a lot of these over the years.", Lyra explained. "This is my eighth version of a hand. Each time I learned something new from the books or in woodworking I improved it. Now that I meet you, I was finally able to make it perfect."

She lifted it with her magic and moved the individual fingers. "I made it so I could use the hand with my magic, just like a real hand." She used the hand to pick up a filthy glass and put it in a different spot. She walked over to me and levitated the hand before me. "I want to give it to you, I can always build a new one for myself. You don't have magic to control it, but I can add a simple mechanism using elastic bands that will open or close it depending on the movement of your elbow."

I wasn't sure how to react. I nearly got used to my stump but getting a prosthesis like that... even getting a little functionality back could help me doing many things easier again.

I drew her into a hug. "Thank you so much, this is so valuable for me."

Once I let go again, she gave me the hand and the silk gloves. I noticed an intense scent coming from one of the gloves. "What is this smell?", I asked.

She blushed a bit. "That is... my scent. Sorry, I haven't washed it since my last session."

I was confused, I sniffed on the glove again. "What do you mean? It smells like..." I saw her tail brush from side to side, from my experiences with Twilight I knew it was a sign of arousal. Suddenly I understood how Lyra used this hand.

"I... I'm back in ten minutes. Please don't leave this room.", she told me. She rubbed her body along my hand as she passed me. I heard a suppressed moan and her scent was very present. Her tail was twitching madly as she left the room.

I just stood there baffled, holding my new hand.