• Published 25th Feb 2017
  • 2,689 Views, 255 Comments

For science - Book two - Znegil



The continuation of Stella's and Twilight's Story. We will take a look at Cadence's past and have some extra science as a bonus ;-)

  • ...
14
 255
 2,689

16 Sweets

I just wanted to put a lot of distance between Lyra and me, as fast as possible. When we arrived at Sugar Cube Corner I was out of breath and needed a few moments before I was able to speak again.

“Your commander treats you to Muffins of your choice.”, I was finally able to tell the CMC.

They all cheered and gathered around the menu to see today's selection of baked goods.

I ordered two banana-chocolate muffins myself and sat on a big table waiting for my special agent team.

“Why did you run away?” To my surprise, Pinkie sat next to me giving me a questioning look.

I wasn’t that shocked, after some time I just had accepted that the pink pony could appear without warning.

“I… I saw something personal I wasn’t supposed to see.”, I mumbled.

She laid her hoof on my back. “You know I’m not that good in deciding what is personal, but I’m sure you're just could apologize, I’m sure it wasn't on purpose.”

“Of course you’re right, Pinkie. I will apologize to Lyra, but not right now. I couldn’t look her in the eyes in this moment… or shake her hoof. I will bring her a little present later and tell her I’m sorry.”

“That’s good.”, she answered and got her usual smile back. “Mind if I join you and the CMC?”

“Not at all.”

The Crusaders arrived at our table looking very cheerful. “Thanks for this fun afternoon Stella.”, Sweetie Belle addressed me. “We haven't got a cutie mark for being secret agents, but it was a lot of fun anyway.”

“Maybe aside from a few things we saw.”, Apple Bloom added.

“Thanks girls, I had a lot of fun myself, we should hang out again sometime.”

Mr. Cake brought a huge tray of tasty looking muffins to our table. Pinkie too must have ordered before she spoke to me because he brought some colorful sprinkled muffins for her as well. I thought about our triple date tomorrow, after the things I saw today tomorrow is going to be a bit awkward.

I had spent about an hour in the bakery with Pinkie and the CMC before I had decided to go to Lyra. It would be even worse if I saw her on our triple date without talking to her before.

I had asked Pinkie for her favorite cupcakes and had half a dozen of them in a box with me. I pondered about what to say to her while I walked toward her house, but I couldn't find anything appropriate.

I stood in front of her door but hesitated to knock, my body swayed back and forth unsure what to do. After a few more seconds I was able to force myself to knock. Just a second after Lyra open the door, all color seemed to vanish from her face and her ears flopped down on her head.

“Oh… hi Stella.”, she said almost too quiet to understand.

I had trouble finding the right words as well. “Hi, I… I’m sorry for seeing you earlier, I shouldn't have looked into your house.”

“What did you hear and see?”, she asked with her gaze glued to my feet.

I was unsure how to tell her in an appropriate way without describing it in detail. “I know you built a new hand for the same purpose that you did before and you… named it after me.”

Color came back to her face, but it was red instead of aquamarine.

I held the box of sweets in front of her. “I'm sorry I saw you in this private moment, let's just pretend it never happened.”

“I… I think I owe you at least some explanation.”, she slowly told me. Her face still looked like it was glowing but her ears changed back into their normal position. “Well… Bon Bon knows about my hand fetish and she is okay with me getting off this way sometimes, as long I just use the artificial hand. I'm sorry for using you in my fantasies, but since you are the only being with hands in this world… This doesn't mean I want to cheat with you on Bon Bon, it's just a fantasy setting. Please understand and don't be mad.”

Hearing it this way from her made me a little more relaxed. Sure, it still was a bit creepy thinking about what she did, but knowing it wasn't that much about me, but about hands in general, made it a bit better… I think.

“What you do when you're alone isn’t my business.”, I told her. “It just had been bad luck I saw it by chance. Let’s not mention it anymore and act like it didn’t happen. How about we’re eating these muffins together?”

“Gladly.”, she replied and took the box with her magic, levitating it inside on a table. We sat down and started to eat.

“I can still work with you in the lab?”, she asked after a while.

“Of course. You’re doing a great job as my lab assistant. Nothing happened, okay?”, I responded.

“Okay.”, she answered smiling.

Together we finished the muffins while I tried to not to notice her looks at my hands.


-----0_0-----


“Shall I infiltrate the palace to get more information regarding your plan?”, Nigrum asked.

I thought about it for a moment. “No, I will prepare everything by myself.”, I replied. “Everything has to be perfect, I won’t leave anything to chance.”

I looked over to our gagged and tied test subject that laid on the bed, a blue stallion. It was easy enough to lure him into our room, it always was easy with stallions. It had been four days now and we had generated plenty of data, more than enough.

“I don't want to make anypony suspicious, so brainwash this stallion while I go to the palace. Give him the memory he made a spontaneous four day trip to Las Pegasus, from what we gathered about him before this shouldn’t be suspicious to anyone he knows.”

I left our hotel room and headed towards Canterlot Castle while Nigrum started to work on the stallion. Brainwashing him would be a very exhausting and time-consuming process, but I was sure Nigrum could handle him without problems.

I had more than enough time, so I decided to pass by the flower shop on my way to the castle to watch 'her' from afar. It did hurt me every time I saw her, but I couldn't help myself.