• Published 6th Jul 2012
  • 5,181 Views, 634 Comments

The Life and Death of a DJ - Syn3rgy



So how did Vinyl become... Vinyl?

  • ...
14
 634
 5,181

Prologue

My life has run its course; I’ve planted my hooves firmly on the ground and ridden the ups and downs to my greatest potential. I’ve loved, I’ve hated, I’ve cried, I’ve laughed… but most importantly I’ve overcome.

Overcome my upbringing, my sorrows, my regrets, my downfalls, my losses and my failures. I’m complete, or almost complete.

All that’s left is the smooth keys in front of me and a final wish. I could do it; I would call her to me and see her for a final time.

Taking a deep meditative breath I brought my left hoof down on a key. It gave off a pure sound, one that rung out crisply and reverberated pleasantly; I could feel the bass undertone rattle deep in my chest. An electric blue light had flashed before my eyes; a mere spark, or a compound that, when combined with another, would begin to manifest.

A brief smile tweaked the corners of my muzzle.

I still had it in me.

I played a second note, and the blazing red spark elicited rose to accommodate the blue one. Together they danced momentarily before combining together as a crackling blue and red orb.

I played a fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh.

The new colors began to combine with the orb, circling it, changing it, becoming a backdrop for a picture. The scene began to unfold before my very eyes.

I would call her back… even if it killed me.