• Published 11th Feb 2017
  • 827 Views, 2 Comments

Hidden in Plain Sight - ShadowGear



What does a Changeling do when the invasion of Canterlot fails and he gets stranded in enemy territory where everything wants him dead? Well he hides until he can get back to friendly territory of course. That shouldn't be too hard.

  • ...
 2
 827

Chapter 2: A Visit to a Boutique

Sclerite set his eyes towards the large circular building. It was well decorated as if the pony who owned it cared deeply about the outward appearance of the store. The first order of business would be to scout it. At least he didn't have to worry about being seen entering until it's too late for the pony he was going to grab. Sclerite opened the front door and a bell rang. Not long after a white unicorn came down the stairs.

"Welcome to Carousel Boutique," she said. "How may I help you?"

"I'm mostly looking for a hat," he said looking around.

"Well I do believe I have a hat that would suit such a handsome gentle colt such as yourself."

Suddenly the door opened again and Sclerite saw Sweetie Belle at the door. "Hey Rarity! I'm just getting the book on fixing a scooter I borrowed from Twilight. Oh hey Acid Base!" Sweetie Belle said.

"Hey Sweetie Belle!" Sclerite responded in a friendly fashion. He watched as the little filly went upstairs.

"You know Sweetie Belle?" the unicorn apparently named Rarity asked.

"Yeah, I met her earlier today," he said carefully leaving out the fact that he allowed himself to get run over by a scooter.

"Okay," Rarity said a bit suspicious. "Anyway are you new here in Ponyville?"

"Yeah, I just arrived today from... Canterlot," Sclerite responded. Hopefully he wasn't giving too much away. "I heard there was a Changeling attack there after I left," That ought to cover some of his tracks.

"Well darling, I was actually there when it happened."

"Really? Must have been scary, seeing all those Changelings up close."

"It wasn't too bad, but their carapaces were some of the ugliest things I've ever seen." Sclerite had to hold himself back from those words. It was one thing to be insulted for being smaller and weaker than other Changelings. It was another to be insulted for having a carapace color that he couldn't change in his true form.

"Thank you for your time miss Rarity but I should get going," Sclerite said trying to hide the fact that he felt offended by her. When Sclerite got out the door he noticed a few royal guards patrolling the street. This day was getting worse every second.

Author's Note:

I'm finally back. I also edited the first chapter of this story because it just didn't feel right. Enjoy the story.