• Published 18th Feb 2017
  • 2,453 Views, 76 Comments

The Second Pony to Become an Alicorn - Razor Blade the Unicron



Rainbow Dash has become an alicorn Princess, but there's still so much that she needs to do. A cutie-mark-removing unicorn, out of control vines that even Discord can't stop, and a power-hungry centaur are just the start.

  • ...
6
 76
 2,453

Onto the Next

"How did this happen?!? They had given me a plan, and I was ready to go through with it, but this was never supposed to happen!"

"Calm down! You'll come up with something! You always do!"

"But not this quickly! I usually think stuff over first!"

"..."

"You... You have an idea?"

"What?"

"You have an idea. I can tell from your expression. What is it?"

"Well... It's... It's not a good idea..."

"Just tell me! I'm blanking on anything I can do!"

"... Okay... Here's my plan..."


Rainbow Dash stood facing her mirror, examining her appearance. Her metal wing encasement remained on her left wing, but she had ditched wearing the rest of the outfit. It had just become a bit too inconvenient. However, she did leave the rest of her space suit hanging in her closet, next to her various dresses.

"Kak!"

Rainbow looked up to see her pet falcon on the top of her mirror, holding a slip of paper in his beak.

"Hey, Captain." said Rainbow with a smile. "What'cha got for me?"

She gently took the paper in her magic, a simple act that still delighted her, and unfolded it.

Rainbow, are you ready to go? - Twilight

Rainbow rolled her eyes, and turned to fly down to the ground. "Wonder why Fluttershy didn't just fly up..." she mused.

"Kak-kak!" cried Captain.

"I'd say that your guess is as good as mine, but you probably know why." said Rainbow. "Anyways, you be good while I'm good, okay?"

"Kak!"

"Atta, boy."

Rainbow flew outside, and landed on the ground, where only Twilight was standing. She quickly glanced around, but didn't see any of the others.

"Hey, Twi!" said Rainbow. "Where is everybody else?"

"They're waiting at the train station." replied Twilight. "Everypony was wondering where you were, so I came over."

"Gosh, did I really take that long?"

"You're probably just nervous."

"I'm not nervous!"

Twilight sighed. "Rainbow..."

"Fiiiiine." said Rainbow. "I'm nervous..."

"It's going to be fine. You said it yourself that she hasn't done anything 'evil' yet, so she's just a normal pony. Er... Normal-ish pony."

"But I think I'll blow it by thinking that she's the... other one..."

"I know miss her, but you know what? She probably got your letter by this point and is trying to figure out how to send it back!"

Rainbow smiled. "Thanks, Twi. You really know how to make me feel better."

Twilight nodded and smiled back. "Now, we'd better hurry. The train isn't going to wait forever!"


Rainbow stared out the window as the landscape became more desert-like and less forest-like. She nervously tapped her hoof against the seat until Fluttershy came over and gently placed her hoof on Rainbow's shoulder to calm her down.

"Rainbow, it's going to be fine." said Fluttershy, "You're just meeting a new pony who you happen to know a lot about."

"Thanks, Fluttershy." said Rainbow with a small grin. "I just hope that she's going to listen to reason..."

"Even if she doesn't, we've got Plan B!" said Spike happily. "That's what I'm here for!"

"Nopony expects the Dragon Inquisition!" yelled Pinkie.

Everybody stared at Pinkie, who stood smiling with her hoof in the air.

"Alrighty, then..." said Applejack slowly. "Any who... How long do ya suppose 'til-"

The train screeched to a halt, and Rainbow stared intently out the window.

"I'd say we're there." she said. "I can see the village from here."

"Why would anypony choose to live all the way out here?" asked Rarity as the group stood up and headed to the door.

"So nobody can stop what you're doing."

The group of seven stepped off the train, and started towards the far-off village. Rainbow had chosen to walk, so they wouldn't be as noticeable. Her right wing was nervously twitching, much to her annoyance.

"Rainbow, are you alright?" asked Twilight.

"I'm fine." said Rainbow, not believing her own words. "Just a wing spasm. The alicorn magic increases the power of my natural magic, and I'm still getting used to having alicorn magic that's actually mine." That part was true.

Twilight's eyes narrowed, but she didn't ask any further. However, Rarity chimed in with her suggestion.

"Rainbow, darling, if you keep having wing spasms then you should definitely consider coming on one of me and Fluttershy's outings!" she said.

"Fluttershy and I." said Rainbow and Twilight automatically.

"I will assume that means yes, then!" said Rarity with a smile.

Rainbow sighed and rolled her eyes, but then stopped in her tracks. The village was up ahead, and nopony had noticed them yet.

"Well..." said Rainbow nervously. "We're here. Everybody ready with the plans?"

"Yes!" said everybody.

"And then we can have a party!" cried Pinkie.

"What kind of party?" asked Rainbow.

"A 'We Just Stopped Somepony From Becoming Evil' Party!"

Rainbow nodded, and then started towards the village, with everybody following. She took in a deep breath to calm her nerves.

I'm sorry this has taken so long. she thought. But I'm finally going to fulfill my promise, Starlight.