• Published 6th Feb 2017
  • 1,832 Views, 88 Comments

LEGO Equestria Girls 4 - Chronicler06



In the Lego World, Twilight and Sunsets's team of friends join with fellow LEGO Team members Gloriosa and Timber to deal with a series of issues, which could eventually push one of them too far.

  • ...
4
 88
 1,832

Prologue

LEGO Equestria Girls 4

Prologue

It was the middle of another typical day in Canterlot City. Citizens were either busy at work or out enjoying their time off. With only a few clouds in the sky, it seemed like a great day for anyone who wished to simply relax and not have to worry about anything.

Along the sidewalk of a street, one citizen had a rather panicked look on her face as she rushed ahead in a big hurry. Her name was Twilight Sparkle — the one who had always lived here in the Lego World — and as far as she was concerned right now, she absolutely had to reach her destination right away.

When Twilight finally arrived at the correct building, she quickly burst through the front double-doors and immediately exclaimed, “I’m so sorry I’m late! I forgot to set my alarm last night and ended up sleeping in!”

Inside the lobby Twilight had just barged into were six other girls — Sunset Shimmer, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Rarity. These girls were a group of close friends who had only recently accepted Twilight as one of their own, and they were all very excited to have her on their team. In fact, despite being initially startled by Twilight’s sudden entrance, they all smiled when they saw their newest friend had finally arrived.

“It’s okay, Twilight,” assured Sunset Shimmer. “We kinda figured you were just running late and would get here as soon as you could.”

“Yeah!” agreed Rainbow Dash. “There’s no way we were gonna leave without ya!”

“Though I must admit, you have quite impeccable timing, darling,” noted Rarity. “Had you arrived just another minute later, we would have surely missed our intended departure time and be forced to rebook our reservations.”

It was at that moment when Spike — Twilight’s longtime trusty assistant — walked over to the group of friends as he dusted his hands off and remarked, “Well, that’s the last of the luggage. We’re all set to go!” He then noticed Twilight was among the group and added, “Oh, hey, Twilight. Glad to see you could make it.”

“Me too,” agreed Twilight. “I’m really sorry if I worried any of you.”

“Don’t feel so bad, Twilight,” assured Fluttershy. “We understand you’re still a little new to friendship.”

“Well, what are we waiting for?” Pinkie Pie spoke up. “Now that we’re all here, let’s get going!”

“Eeyup!” agreed Applejack. “Next stop, Lego City!”

The group of friends headed down to the end of the lobby to grab their tickets. As Twilight waited, her gaze drifted over to a mirror on the nearby wall. Seeing herself standing amongst a group of such welcoming friends made her smile a little.

But that smile quickly fell when she noticed a pair of large raven-like wings suddenly unfurl from behind her back. She stumbled backwards and saw in the mirror that those wings were not attached to her back, but to someone else’s back. Someone she had hoped to never see ever again.

Twilight immediately turned around and gasped when the one she saw in the mirror turned out to be floating in the air right behind her! Around her, all of her friends also noticed the interloper’s sudden appearance, and their expressions showed they were all just as horrified at Twilight was.

“Midnight Sparkle?!” they all shouted in shock.

“How is this possible?!” exclaimed Twilight fearfully. “Sunset Shimmer helped me defeat you!”

“You and your friends can never truly defeat me!” boasted Midnight Sparkle before she began to cackle. As the evil laughter echoed across the room, the roof suddenly broke away and fell apart into separate Lego bricks, revealing a dark sky outside.

As the surrounding walls began to fracture, Midnight’s destructive power also took hold of Twilight’s friends. One by one, Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Spike, and Sunset Shimmer all screamed as they were torn apart and their separated pieces scattered amongst all the other Lego parts that began to swirl around in a large vortex. Twilight was absolutely terrified and couldn’t bear to take her eyes off the swirling mass of parts and pieces above as she slowly backed up towards the mirror on the wall.

“Midnight Sparkle’s a part of you!” continued Midnight as she suddenly appeared in the mirror behind Twilight.

Twilight screamed and rushed forward toward the middle of the disintegrating lobby while Midnight punched the mirror’s surface, smashing through it as if it had been a window. By the time Twilight reached the middle of the room, the walls were completely gone and the whole floor suddenly broke away from under her feet and was quickly torn apart. Twilight was now left floating in a seemingly endless void with countless Lego parts of all kinds swirling all around her.

“I’ll always be there, waiting in the darkest shadows of your mind,” continued Midnight as she hovered in front of Twilight. “I’ll be back, Twilight!” She flew around and gripped Twilight’s shoulders from behind. “And this time, I won’t stop until I have all the magic!” She then slammed herself against Twilight, fusing their bodies into one.

Twilight instantly felt the addition of the wings, glowing horn, and flaming goggles to her body, as well as the excessively violent mind of Midnight Sparkle. Twilight tried desperately to resist being overtaken and shouted, “No! STOP!!”


Thud!

Twilight flailed her limbs around desperately until she finally threw off the bedsheet that had ended up tangled around her. She panted heavily and rapidly glanced around for a few seconds before she noticed her true surroundings and finally began to relax. She was in her bedroom within her new apartment. More specifically, she was on the floor beside her bed.

Just a dream… thought Twilight, still in shock. I swear it felt so real…

Knock-knock-knock!

The door opened right after that knocking. “You okay, Twilight?” asked Spike with concern as the young boy stepped into the bedroom.

“I’m fine…” muttered Twilight. “Just fell out of bed, I guess.”

Spike closed the door behind him and asked, “You had another one of those nightmares, didn’t you?”

Twilight ignored Spike as she untangled herself out of the bedsheet and tossed it back onto her bed.

“I’ll take that as a yes,” mumbled Spike as he reached down and picked up the alarm clock that had also fallen to the floor. As he glanced at the time on that clock, his eyes widened as he suddenly gasped and exclaimed, “Twilight! We have to hurry! Our ride to Lego City leaves in half an hour!”

Twilight immediately snatched the clock out of Spike’s hands and gasped when she saw the time. “Oh no-no-no-no-no!” she exclaimed and tossed the clock aside as she rushed toward the closet and quickly grabbed her standard outfit — an entirely new wardrobe she had decided to start wearing after the end of her time as a Shadowbolt agent and the beginning of her time as a member of the LEGO Team with a group of the best friends she could ever ask for.

“Spike! Make a quick breakfast to go for us while I shower!” requested Twilight urgently as she grasped all of her clothes and rushed to the door, but in her haste, she was unable to push the door open and slammed right into it. She grunted from the impact and then grumbled, “Right… door opens the other way.” She then pulled the door open and rushed out into the hallway.

Spike stepped out into the hallway just in time to see the bathroom door slam shut. He then sighed and headed over to the kitchen. As he grabbed two waffles and stuck them into the toaster, he mumbled, “I guess some things will never change.”

Author's Note:

Although this story will probably end up a little shorter and start off a bit more slowly than my previous stories, I hope that people will still enjoy this one as much as the previous stories in this series. As always, be sure to point out any issues or errors as soon as possible so that I can make appropriate corrections right away.