• Published 6th Feb 2017
  • 2,891 Views, 116 Comments

Sci Twi and the Spider's Web - cornholio4



Sci Twi meets up with the MCU Peter Parker and romance ensues.

  • ...
25
 116
 2,891

First Day at Crystal Prep

That weekend passed quite surprisingly normal for Peter apart from having to adjust staying at Twilight and Shining’s house, adjusting to a cartoonish version of his own Earth (he felt like he should have paid more attention to the alternate Earths stuff in the Flash but hopefully he wouldn’t have to face anyone like Zoom). He wondered how people got these weird names (instead of Matthew Ellis back on his own Earth, the President here was some guy called Discord). Still he got interested when reading the comic books that Shining lent him and the Daring Do books that Twilight let him read as well.

“So basically this Tony Stark Guy is extremely wealthy so he can use his inventor skills to build state of the art armours to become a superhero with his own money?” Twilight asked amazed as Peter was in her room the Sunday afternoon helping her put together some device that looked like some sort of purple hi-tech compass. Peter laughed as he handed her a screwdriver, “That’s incredible; I’m pretty sure that if Filthy Rich tried that he would go bankrupt before he can even get a working prototype like that.” Twilight told him and Peter shrugged as he continued helping her.

“So this thing you are working on, it’s supposed to track down these energies of this rival high school?” Peter questioned as Twilight nodded eagerly, “Okay but let’s just say we find out how where this energy is coming from, how do we even know what to do with it because from what I heard people messing with the wrong thing leads to situations where the Avengers have to save the day.” Peter told her and Twilight sighed.

“We will be able to study it until we can safely find a way to use it.” Twilight told him dismissively as Peter just rolled his eyes, “I have been meaning to ask, it’s okay if you don’t want to answer but how did you change? You know be able to walk on walls?” Twilight questioned as Peter laughed.

“Well I was at a science exhibit and some altered spider got close enough and bit me.” Peter told her and Twilight looked to him asking for clarification. “Sorry Twilight, how the spider got like that I am sure is super top secret.” Peter told her and she looked disappointed.

“So you put together a costume and equipment to be like these Avengers?” Twilight asked and looked concerned as Peter looked down. “Did something happen?” Twilight asked wondering if this was the wrong thing to ask.

“Well I was not responsible with what happened to me at first, I goofed around and I didn’t interfere in something where I could have and well..........” Peter told her his expression growing sad. “I lost someone near and dear to me, I decided I have the power to help people and if I didn’t and something bad happened then it would be my fault. So I put together the stuff, made the substance I used for my web and built my Web-Shooters taking some time to get the design to work.” Peter told her and Twilight looked apologetic but he just gave a smile in return.

Then came in the room was a smiling pink haired woman followed by Shining, “Nice to see you Cadence.” Twilight told her as she shared a hug with her. “This is Peter and Peter this is Cadence, she is the Dean at Crystal Prep.” Twilight said introducing the two to eachother and Cadence gave Peter her hand to shake which he accepted.

“So nice to meet your Mr Parker, Shining was telling me on the phone about he and Twilight taking you in, I hope to see you on Monday so we can get you sorted out to your classes plus a short test.” Cadence told him and Peter was wondering how formal she was and how close Twilight seemed to be to her school’s dean, “So what school did you come from Peter?” Cadence asked in a formal tone of voice which made Peter forget he was speaking to a faculty member of a school he is going to.

“Midtown Science High, it’s a science based high school where I am from but it’s kind of far away and I somehow got lost to here.” Peter explained deciding to choose his words carefully since he didn’t know how Shining explained to her he appearing out of nowhere and landing on his car.

“Well looks like you might have chosen the right new friend as Twilight likes science herself, see you on Monday and I will leave you to your fun.” Cadence said leaving with a wink and Shining giving Peter a knowing glare which made him gulp. Twilight sighed at the thought of how Peter will fit in at Crystal Prep but it seemed that Peter did not notice it.

They continued working on Twilight’s device until it was completed, “All set to use Peter, we will explore the mysteries of that school soon enough!” Twilight told Peter and he decided to take her word for it at the moment.

The next morning Peter (wearing an old Crystal Prep uniform that Shining had given him) joined Twilight on the school bus and he from the looks the students were giving Twilight he could already guessed she was not exactly popular among her classmates. There were mutterings about the new boy especially when he sat next to Twilight, “So not exactly the popular girl, are you?” Peter asked Twilight hesitantly and she gave a slight nod. “Hey sorry for making you feed bad by asking but I was never popular myself, even going to the science High School I went to, the other prodigies there are actually academic rivals to me instead of friends, well most of them anyway.” Peter told her and she gave him a smile.

Peter saw that Twilight brought out a book to read on the school bus so he decided to take out his music player and put in the headphones to listen to it.

Peter closed his eyes and was humming the words, he was not the biggest rap fan but rap songs made about superheroes was something he could get behind. He then felt his headphone being pulled out and saw a girl on the seat behind him had pulled them out and took a listen to it herself. “So you like rap huh, I prefer more rocking music myself but that’s just me.” The girl said excited as she took his hand and shook it vigorously, “I’m Lemon Zest and I hope we can get along just fine new boy!” the girl told him giving him back his headphones.

Peter turned to Twilight with a weirded out kind of look and she laughed saying “don’t mind her, Lemon Zest is always kind of like that.”Twilight told her and Peter just sighed thinking it was still better than dealing with Flash.

When the bus arrived at the school Peter was off first and he felt his Spider-Sense going off and then jumped and helped Twilight off the bus missing one girl who had put her leg out to trip her to the bewilderment of Twilight and the others. “Extra enhanced senses which allow me to sense danger before they happen; it’s one of the abilities I got from being bit by the spider........” Peter whispered to her and she seemed to accept it.

Cadence came up to them and asked Peter to follow her so they can get him sorted at an office, Peter gulped as he followed him. There Peter was asked to take a general test on various subjects like science and physics. It felt really easy for him and after waiting for his test to be looked over he was called to the Principal’s office which made him gulp like that.

Upon seeing Principal Cinch sitting at her desk made her look threatening to Peter and he gulped as she looked at his test, “I must say that you perform quite admirably on your test Mr Parker, so you are fifteen on the forms that Mr Armor filled in for you?” Principal Cinch asked and Peter gave a short nod. “Well I will be putting you with the year up from you so you will be in the same class as my star pupil Twilight Sparkle.” Principal Cinch told him and Peter blinked in surprise, “Yes I hope with your combined talents the Friendship Games will be claimed as a victory for our school once again.” Principal Cinch told him and then gave him his new schedule as he took it and left.

He went out to see that Twilight was waiting for him outside and he showed his scheduled to her and she blinked in surprise, “You will be in the same class as me?” Twilight blinked in surprise and Peter nodded to the year older girl. They then began walking to their first class as Peter decided to ask something.

“This Friendship Games you have mentioned before, what is it?” Peter asked and Twilight blinked in realising that of course Peter would not know about it. “Is it some kind of Olympics where the games including hugging competitions or things like that?” Peter decided to ask and Twilight giggled a little.

“No the Friendship Games is a sporting event we hold against our rival school Canterlot High.” Twilight told him and she then sighed again, “It’s supposed to be a friendly contest but our schools take it personally especially the students here who like to rub it in the Canterlot High Students since we kind of beat them at the games as well as every competition we have against them.” Twilight told him and Peter guessed he knew what she was talking about as he had met students like that before.

Before they went to their first class Twilight showed him the device she was keeping around her neck and whispered about them investigating after school and Peter gave a slight nod.

Well first day of school and then we will have trying to find weird stuff at a rival one, what could happen?

CANTERLOT HIGH

After school seeing that just about every student there disliked Twilight for being the top student and thus Peter by proxy for hanging out with her (and apparently being smart enough to move up a year Twilight was clumsy so he had to help her by using his Spider Sense to stop her from bumping into other students every so often), Peter was a bit peeved at this but Twilight said she was used to this. They were now on the bus to go to Canterlot High and Peter was sitting next to Twilight (now wearing a light blue hoodie she brought with her in her bag) looking at the device which was according to her a more advanced model of her previous one which she finished with Peter’s help.

“Not only can I believe studying this can get you home Peter but this can get me into the Everton independent study program, once I help compete in the games after.......” Twilight told him excitedly only for Peter to give her a look. “Yeah, Principal Cinch is making me compete saying my application for Everton will be denied if I don’t.” Twilight explained with a saddened expression.

“That hardly seems fair; you should talk to your brother about it...” Peter told her with a crossed expression but Twilight told him to forget about it and that it was alright. Peter did not think so but decided to drop the subject for a minute as the bus stopped in front of the school.

Peter thought it looked like any normal high school as Twilight looked as her device was glowing and pointing to the school’s statue. “Twilight, is this statue supposed to come alive when the night comes out?” Peter asked and Twilight just gave him a glare, “Okay, I will be looking around if you need me!” Peter stated whistling while taking a look around him. He saw several students still there guessing that they were at some after school clubs.

Twilight then gasped which caught Peter’s attention was that purple energy came out from the statue and into Twilight’s device. Peter felt his Spider Sense going off and gasped when he looked up to see that a younger purple haired girl was teleported up to the sky and was screaming for help as she was hanging to the roof of the school.

Twilight did not notice Peter rushing to the bushes to hide and then opened up his backpack to reveal his costumed suit, mask goggles and Web-Shooters and quickly put them on over his new Crystal Prep uniform.

The students were screaming for someone to help the girl and then they all gasped when she lost her grip and fell......... only to be caught by Peter in full costume passing by a web Tarzan style and catching the girl with his arm, “I think you are safe now.” Peter told her putting her down as the girl’s two friends came up to make sure she was okay.

“I’m Sweetie Belle, who are you?” the girl asked and Peter seeing at all the phones taking his picture or video he then used a web to jump away before anyone could notice him.

Twilight was looking at the students trying to find this masked individual again only to feel a tap on her shoulder and saw Peter quickly shoving his mask and goggles into his backpack, “Even here you can’t resist being a hero, can you?” Twilight asked with a smile and Peter gave her a smirk and said it was the right thing to do. They then quickly took the bus back thinking it might not be safe to try continue their study with all the students trying to find Peter’s alter ego and they still have the Friendship Games to come back here for so they can continue studying then.

As they got on the bus a group of six students including Sweetie Belle’s older sister Rarity was wondering what had just happened.

Author's Note:

I will be putting a certain MCU movie as taking place earlier in the timeline, can you please guess what it is and you may find out which one in the next chapter.