• Published 12th Feb 2017
  • 1,593 Views, 30 Comments

Not Again! - Dreadnought



Big Mac discovers he is once again at the center of strange events on Hearts and Hooves Day.

  • ...
0
 30
 1,593

The Everfree Forest

Big Mac wandered about the Everfree Forest. He felt lucky that the thick canopy of the forest concealed him from overflying pegasi. And the fog allowed him to slip away from the ponies chasing him. He also did everything he could to cover his hoofprints and remain as quiet as possible. But it had been some time since he had heard the mares pursuing him.

He moved through the thick brush and hanging vines of the forest. Ah’m so tired. What time is it? Ah can’t see the sun. But Ah must have been out here for hours. Where am Ah? This looks familiar. This looks kinda like where the mirror pool is. Maybe I should create a clone and send him to take on a hundred mares! He chuckled at the thought. It was the first time he’d laughed all day.

Somethin’s up ahead. What is that? A tree? A house? He saw a home in a hollowed tree, similar to the old Golden Oaks Library. That must be where Zecora lives. Big Mac turned and hurried in the opposite direction. He didn’t need a zebra chasing after him as well.

~~~

Big Mac continued wandering through the Everfree Forest. He guessed it was late afternoon. Soon it would be dark. He needed to find shelter and plan his next move. How long should he be in exile? How long would the mares be under this spell?

In the distance he saw the ruins of a castle. That must be the Castle of the Two Sisters. He paused. They could be waiting for me in there. But Ah need to find shelter. Build a fire. Keep warm. He made up his mind and approached the castle. He reached a rope bridge over a deep chasm. Just my luck! Oh, Ah really don’t want to do this. Ah gotta keep goin’. He stepped onto the first board. It creaked, but held. He tested the next. It held. Slowly he made his way across the bridge.

Snap!

One of the boards broke, leaving his rear leg dangling over the chasm. He slowly stood up and cautiously continued on his way. He reached the other side and let out a sigh of relief.

He approached the ancient ruin. Its curtain walls were crumbling, the moat was dry, but several keeps still stood tall. He’d never been there, but heard plenty about it from Applejack. He knew that there were all sorts of hidden passages and traps. Perhaps this would be the place to make his last stand?

He entered the vast entrance hall. Rays of sunshine poured through holes in the roof. Broken columns littered the floor. He didn’t know much about history, but he felt a certain pain in his heart. It must have been such a beautiful place. And then with the rise of Nightmare Moon, grief and despair fell upon this place. Celestia abandoned it, trying to leave behind the memories.

“Big Mac?” came a voice.

He looked up and saw Princess Celestia standing at the top of a sweeping staircase. Next to her stood Princess Luna. “Big Mac?” Celestia asked.

“Eeyup,” he replied. Damn! Show respect! He tried to bow, but his aching muscles made it difficult. “Eeyup Your Highness.”

The two princesses flew towards him. “We have come to help.”

“How do ya know?” he asked, standing up.

“After you left Twilight sent us a letter.”

“She’s okay?” he asked.

“Yes, she recovered from your –” Celestia paused looking for the right word.

“Escape,” supplied Luna.

“Yes, from your escape,” finished Celestia.

“Sorry ’bout that,” regretted Big Mac.

“Twilight realized you had no choice,” confirmed Luna.

“We heard that you ran into the Everfree Forest. We realized that the ruined castle would be a good place to look for you,” explained Celestia.

“Come sister,” said Luna, “let us examine his plight.”

“Big Mac this may feel a little strange,” cautioned Celestia.

Big Mac stood there as the two alicorns lit their horns. He could feel a tingling sensation all over his body. After a few moments, they ceased.

Celestia turned to Luna. “Twilight was right. There is magic at work here.”

“Yes sister, something is making mares go mad for this stallion.”

Celestia walked around Big Mac, looking at him. “I understand why they are so – attracted to him. He is muscular. And handsome.” She ran a wing across his back.

Luna replied, “A perfect stallion.”

Celestia turned to Luna, “As the ruler of Equestria, I lay claim to MacIntosh Apple!”

“He belongs to me!” retorted Luna.

“You will have to defeat me!”

“With pleasure!”

The two alicorns took to the air. They began firing magical blasts at each other, ducking and dodging salvos leveled by the other. Blasts that missed impacted the walls and blew bits of stone everywhere, raining down on Big Mac.

Big Mac turned to run out of the castle, when suddenly there was an intense white flash. Momentarily blinded, slowly his vision returned. He looked up and saw Celestia and Luna no longer fighting, apparently stunned from the flash. He looked about. “Discord!”

Author's Note:

I hope you had a good Valentine's Day/Hearts and Hooves Day. If not, well, I hope you had a great February 15th. Regardless, have an outstanding February 16th!

So, tune in tomorrow for Chapter 5 and Friday for Chapter 6.

Dreadnought