• Published 12th Feb 2017
  • 1,593 Views, 30 Comments

Not Again! - Dreadnought



Big Mac discovers he is once again at the center of strange events on Hearts and Hooves Day.

  • ...
0
 30
 1,593

Castle of Friendship

Big Mac ran towards Twilight’s castle. Behind him chased some thirty mares. Big Mac pushed himself harder. Racing up the front steps, he burst into the cavernous entrance hall. Big Mac slammed the door behind him and held the door shut with all his might. This was quickly followed by pounding on the door.

“What’s going on Big Mac?” asked Spike.

Gasp - the mares of town – gasp – are after me. Gasp - Ah think it’s the same spell – gasp – that Twilight used on Smarty Pants.”

Spike quickly locked the door. “You mean that doll Twilight enchanted so everypony wanted it?”

“’Yup. Gasp. And Ah’m the Smarty Pants!”

“I don’t think Twilight would use that spell again.”

“She’s the only one that can help.”

“She’s upstairs in the library. I need to go around and secure all the doors and windows. Go!”

Leaving Spike behind, Big Mac sprinted across the foyer and up the steps. He ran down the hall and burst into the library. A purple alicorn looked up from the books she was reading. Putting the book aside, she asked, “Big Mac?” She stood up and started to fly over to him.

“Twilight. Gasp. Ah need your help.”

“What’s going on?” she asked, growing concern in her voice.

“They’re after me!”

“Who?” she asked with alarm as she reached him.

“The mares of town. Gasp - Ah think they’re under the same spell you put on Smarty Pants.”

“The Want It Need It spell?”

“Eeyup.”

“Tell me what’s going on,” she said.

Big Mac related his experiences of the day. Well, perhaps he left out his sisters and grandmare kissing him. And he might have missed Pinkie Pie’s angry outburst at his dismissal of her affection. And he might have skipped Rarity attempting to seduce him in the shower.

“Wow,” responded Twilight. “Things must be crazy out there.”

“Eeyup.” Twilight led Big Mac to the balcony. “What are you doing?”

“Stand back,” she said. “ I’m taking a look outside.”

“Ah don’t think that’s a good idea.”

Twilight opened the Prench doors and stepped outside. She peered over the railing to the unfolding scene of chaos below.

“Twilight, look out!”

A half-dozen pegasi were diving towards them. Instantly she raised a purple force field for protection. Boing! Boing! Boing! Boing! Boing! Boing! All the pegasi bounced off, sending them flying in every direction. Twilight quickly ran inside and locked the doors behind her.

“I see what you mean.”

“Eeyup.” He paused and looked at Twilight. “How come you’re not affected like them?”

“If it’s a magical spell, alicorns have a high tolerance for enchantments.” She led him back to the library. “I’m going to scan you for magic.” Twilight focused and lit up her horn.

Big Mac was surrounded by a purple aura for about a minute. When it ceased he looked at Twilight, but found her face a mixture of relief, shock, and horror. “What is it?” he asked with deep foreboding.

“It is a magical spell. But, I don’t know what it is. I’ve never seen it before.” She turned and books began flying by her. “I’ve never read about anything like it in my books either.”

“Ah’m sure ya can find a cure.”

She looked over at him. “How can you be so sure?”

“You’re the smartest pony I’ve ever met.”

Twilight put the books down and walked over to him. “So, you like smart ones?”

“Uh.”

“Maybe we should spend time studying – together.”

Oh shit! Not her too!

“Uh, Twilight.”

With a flap of her wings she was eye-to-eye with him and she planted a kiss on his lips.

Big Mac froze for a moment, but his senses kicked in and he took off towards the exit. A few feet from the door there was a bright flash, and he appeared next to Twilight. He started running again. There was a bright flash. He was again next to Twilight.

Run.

Flash.

Run.

Flash.

Run.

Flash.

Run.

Flash.

Ah gotta –

Flash.

– do somethin!

Flash.

She keeps–

Flash.

– transporting me.

Flash.

But what–

Flash.

– can Ah do?

Flash.

Big Mac thought.

Flash.

And thought.

Flash.

And thought.

Flash.

And thought.

Flash.

And thought.

Flash.

Suddenly he had an idea.

Flash.

But he didn’t like it.

Flash.

And Twilight wouldn’t like it either.

Flash.

But what other options did he have?

Flash.

He thought.

Flash.

And thought.

Flash.

And thought.

Flash.

There was no other way he could see.

Flash.

“Twilight?”

Flash.

“Ah’m sorry.”

“Sorry about what?” she asked.

“For this.” He turned and charged at Twilight. He ran into her, sending her reeling backwards in a daze. Big Mac turned and fled out the library and down the stairs. He could stay in the castle, but Twilight would recover - it was only a matter of time. He made up his mind as to what he was going to do. He reached the front door and unlocked it. Instantly the door flew open as a half-dozen mares fell in. Big Mac plowed through the mob. He sure was sorry. Mares to the left of him, mares to the right of him, mares behind him. Into the jaws of the mare mob he drove, bulldozing all in his way. Mares flew in all directions. His momentum was slowing. He made his way to the railing and leapt. He landed on his feet but stumbled. He got up and bounded away. Overhead pegasi were following him and behind him a mass of mares chased after him. He needed to lose them. But how? His mind had a flash of an idea. He turned and ran with all his might. Across meadows and over a stream he ran, tired all the way, but he kept going. In the distance he could see his destination. Mares were on his heels. Just a few feet more. He sprinted, and disappeared into the fog of the Everfree Forest.

Author's Note:

Happy Valentine's Day! Happy Hearts and Hooves Day!

I hope you enjoyed the story thus far. I incorporated a reference to a famous poem. Five gold stars to whomever can guess the poem!

Check back tomorrow for Chapter 4!

Dreadnought