• Published 3rd Feb 2017
  • 2,659 Views, 189 Comments

Totally Random! - Justice3442



A bunch of short stories of random ideas that come to me.

  • ...
11
 189
 2,659

The Very Picture of Maturity.

“Nerrrrrrrrrrd!” Applejack shouted up at the sky.

An indignant Rainbow Dash poked her head out from around the side of a cloud. “What the heck, AJ?! I’m not a nerd! I’m like… the antithesis of a nerd!”

Applejack grinned. “Wow, what a big nerd word to use, ya big nerd!”

“I-Shut up! Maybe I’ve extended my vocabulary a bit by reading… So what?”

Applejack shook her head. “Readin’ sure sounds like a nerd thing to do, Rainbow. I bet you were just now readin’ one of your nerd books that you got signed at one of your nerd conventions!”

Rainbow Dash narrowed her eyes. “Daring Do does not make nerd books!”

“Sure,” Applejack said, “it just so happens a bunch of nerds read them and put together conventions where they can hang out and nerd out together.”

“Oh my gosh, Applejack! The term is ‘geek out’!”

Applejack stared up at the cloud with a knowing and victorious smile on her face.

Rainbow Dash gritted her teeth and let out a frustrated growl. “Well, at least I have a hobby that makes me smarter than some dumb ol’ farm pony.”

Applejack narrowed her eyes as her smile pulled into a tight frown. “Excuse, you but I’m plenty smart! Workin’ on the farm doesn’t mean I’m stupid or anything.”

“Oh, yeah? Talk in length about any subject that’s not apples!” Rainbow Dash said.

“HAH! Easy as app-cherry pie!”

Rainbow Dash smirked. “Or rodeos, or westerns.”

Applejack’s frown returned. “Oh, that is just unfair!”

Rainbow Dash grinned. “What’s wrong, AJ? Feeling a bit of a… one trick pony! HehehehahahahaAAAH!” Rainbow Dash cried in alarm as an entire uprooted tree was thrown at her.