• Published 3rd Feb 2017
  • 2,658 Views, 189 Comments

Totally Random! - Justice3442



A bunch of short stories of random ideas that come to me.

  • ...
11
 189
 2,658

MMMMurder on the Friendship Express: Adventure Time Edition!

Author's Note:

I may have been binging a certain cartoon series with my daughter as of late...

“So!” Her sky-blue eyes shadowed slightly by the small brim of her checkered grey deerstalker hat, Pinkie Pie blew bubbles out of her brown pipe as she regarded her friends, but also suspects… and people made out of candy and treats! “We know Prince Blueblood was found in his personal quarters, dead!

A series of concerned gasps filled the train car filled with Pinkie’s longtime friends and her new friends, who, again! Were mostly ones made out of candy or other delicious sweet stuff!

A light pink skinned bipedal woman with long, pink hair wearing a simple pink dress and golden tiara with a single blue jewel seated in a central column began whistling innocently to herself as she discreetly nudged a black doctor’s bag labeled ‘dissection kit’ under her chair.

Pinkie continued, “And the murderer is somepony or someone or candyperson on this train!”

More gasps where heard from everyone.

Pinkie glanced up at one occupant in particular. “And is also probably Princess Bubblegum.”

The gasps and sounds of shock became deafening. A white-orange-yellow candy-corn person, or persons as ‘they’ had three faces even screamed “It can’t be true!” and attempted to fling themselves out a closed train window where they promptly got stuck halfway as broken glass went everywhere.

“What?! Oh, that is such bunk!” Princess Bubblegum insisted. She looked at the other people sitting in her train booth with her. Across from her, A yellow-orange dog sat on his rear in a rather bipedal fashion next to a fair-skinned boy who was wearing a white bear-eared hat that covered most his head with the exception of his face. Next to Princess Bubblegum, a grey skinned-girl with long black hair floated a few feet off the seat and lounged in the air.

“Come on, guys!” Princess Bubblegum continued, motioning to Pinkie. “Tell her just how much bunk that is!”

The dog spoke up in a masculine voice, “Yeah… I’m sorry Princess, but you’re a pretty likely suspect with all your wanting to ‘study the ponies up close and even inside their guts’ talk.” The dog quivered slightly and put on a disgusted face. “It’s not like anyone else on the train has been so openly creepy or would have a good reason to kill one of these ponies…”

Sitting in the bench seat behind the Princess Bubblegum, an anthropomorphized piece of peppermint in a well-kempt blue suit shifts his eyes from left to right and gently nudges a suitcase labeled ‘Sacrifice gear’ under his seat with his small feet.

“Really, Jake?!” Princess Bubblegum exclaimed in disbelief.

Jake the Dog shrugged, his small dog shoulders almost raising above his head in a somewhat elastic fashion. “I’m sorry Princesses, I just call ‘em like I see ‘em.”

“Alright, well… Finn!” Princess Bubblegum turned to the boy sitting across from her. “You don’t think I’m a murderer do you?”

“No way!” Jake said emphatically. “Sure, you’ve been known to spy on everyone and everything, have babies imprisoned in glass jars, and even destroy sentient robots over attempting to fix problems but… uh…” Finn gave his pink-skinned companion a worried look as he began to perspire visibly. “Umm… isn’t there like some law think I can plead to stay quiet here?”

“The fifth,” the gray-skinned girl informed chucking to herself. “Oh Glob, but that was forever and a day ago when human laws applied to anything, dude.”

Princess Bubblegum gave Finn a sweet smile. “Oh, Finn… You know there’s no such thing as Courts under my law which is absolute,” she said in a bubbly tone her smile growing in a somewhat disconcerting way.

“Uh, right, right…” Finn rubbed the back of his hat and bit his lower lip nervously. “Could you maybe define ‘murder’ in this context… I mean… Your one of my best pals, P-Bubs, but I’ve seen you do some pretty er…”

“Morally bankrupt?” Jake suggested.

“Yeah, that,” Finn agreed. “…things.” He concluded.

Princess Bubblegum grimaced and looked about the group to pick out a purple pony among the Candy Kingdom masses. “Is diplomatic immunity a thing in Equestria?”

Twilight Sparkle seemed to meet this question with a scowl. “Considering how many foreigners seem to come over just to commit horrible, horrible crimes in addition to try to take over, no. Absolutely not.”

“Well… bleep…” Princess Bubblegum uttered in an irritated tone.

Princess Bubblegum let out an annoyed huff as the dark-haired girl floating next to her let out a chuckle. “Man, P-Bubs… You must have a problem if everyone suspects you over the actual half-demon vampire in the train.”

“Et Tu, Marceline?!” Princess Bubblegum exclaimed in a saddened tone.

Marceline just shook her head, causing her raven hair to waft back and forth. “Honestly, I’m mostly surprised that you’re surprised!”

Groaning, Princess Bubblegum just leaned her head out the booth and looked at Pinkie. “Look, what if I just… brought Prince Blueblood, or a reasonable facsimile,” she added in a quick whisper, “to life by replacing as much of him with candy as was necessary. Would that be acceptable?”

Pinkie inhaled a huge volume of air. “Acceptable! Totally acceptable!” she exclaimed.

Spike scratched his head. “Man, I somehow feel everyone was just cheated out of something for some reason…”

“Good!” Princess Bubblegum exclaimed as she bent down then pulled out a pair of goggles and white lab coat from her doctor’s bag and put both on. “We’ll begin the operation immediately!” she announced letting out a mad cackle into the train car.

“See,” Jake began, “it’s things like this that makes it so you’re the first one to get suspected when a body shows up, PB.”

“Hah. Tell me about it,” Marceline chimed in.

Finn leaned forward. “Plus, all the spying.”

Marceline just shrugged. “Eh, I consider that more a hobby, really.”

"Yeah, you would..." Jake uttered irritably.

“Hey, wait a minute!” Twilight exclaimed from next to Spike as she sat up in her chair and turned to look across the booths filled with candy people to look at Princess Bubblegum. “There’s no way you’re turning Prince Blueblood into some sort of half-pony, half-candy monstrosity!”

“Ahhhh, what?” Princess Bubblegum said in a clearly disappointed voice. “Come on, Princess Twilight! Think of the science! Think of the discovery!”

“I am thinking of the science,” Twilight said. “That’s why I was going to say there’s no way you’re turning Prince Blueblood into some sort of half-pony, half-candy monstrosity without me!” Twilight exclaimed as she produced her own goggles and lab coat from a suitcase below here seat, put them on, and joined Princess Bubblegum in a round of maniacal cackling.

Jake regarded the scene in front of him with a look of mild concern. “If anyone needs me, I’m going to turn myself into a bomb shelter and also hide inside me.”