• Published 3rd Feb 2017
  • 2,660 Views, 189 Comments

Totally Random! - Justice3442



A bunch of short stories of random ideas that come to me.

  • ...
11
 189
 2,660

Any Star Tracker Fans out there? No? Good! (Movie reference inside)

Standing at the top step of Twilight’s castle, Star Tracker eyes began to fill with disappointed tears as he puffed out his lower lip into a lower lip. “Pl-pleeeeeeaaaase?!” he whined in a tone that was borderline begging. “

“Ugh…” Twilight uttered for probably the dozenth time during this conversation, or what passed for one. “I’m sorry, but you’re just not my type… Like… at all.”

Star Tracker tilted his head and gave Twilight a large, and somewhat disconcerting smile. “But I can change! I can become your type! I mean! I’ve already grown more confident! Like that time I stood up to Iron Will! I can help you with overzealous fans and such!”

Twilight forehead tightened. “I’m not sure I could even cut irony this thick with a knife… Also, I can destroy buildings with my horn… I’m not one for white knighting anyway, but as far as those go… You’re, uh… A bit superfluous… Also, no offense, but some mountains just weren’t meant to be climbed… Plus, there’s a lack of oxygen up in space and pressure so… “Twilight flicked a forehoof out as her analogy continued to gallop on. “I’d say you’d freeze to death, but really, your eyes would probably liquify and your lungs would collapse first.”

Star Tracker let out a pained, distressed squeak.

“Sorry, was that too graphic?” Look, we can do wondrous things with magic, but that’d basically be changing you into something else entirely and… I’m sorry… I just not attracted to you on like… a multitude of levels!”

Star Tracker threw his head back. “Pul-leeee-eeeeeEEEEeeeeEEEeeeeEEEeeeEEEEs!”

Twilight’s brow creased. “Right… Just keep whining. That’ll get a girl to love you.”

“But your parents said we’re family!”

Twilight cringed. “They meant, like… an embarrassing younger brother… Not like my new fiancé or anything… They’re excitable and oblivious, but they’re not that bad!”

Star Tracker sniffled. “So… You’re saying there’s something wrong with me?”

“Oh, geez…” Twilight gave Star Tracker a guilty look that she slowly turned into a smile. “Look, you show you clearly care about the ponies that interest you and that’s a great quality! And I’m sure some would appreciate you standing up for them like you did.” Twilight closed her eyes and widened her smile, an expression that made Star Tracker’s heart melt. “I’m sure someday you’ll make some mare or body pillow very happy!”

Star Tracker let out a sad, pitiful whimper.

“Also, I’m seeing someone else,” Twilight added.

Of course! Star Tracker thought bitterly. Of course he never had a chance, some bigger, cooler stallion had already won Twilights hear…

Metal clanking against crystalline floors was heard as a purple coated mare with maroon hair that went up in a mohawk walked up to Twilight. She appeared to be a unicorn, yet her horn was broken, and she had a single large scar that started up at her forehead and went down to her cheek that helped draw attention to her aquamarine eyes, not that they needed it. She regarded Star Tracker with a somewhat cold indifference before looking over towards Twilight. “Ready to go? She asked.” She smiled and batted her eyelashes a couple times “My Princess…”

Star Tracker worked his mouth but no words came out.

“Of course!” Twilight replied. The two mares linked forelegs together and began walking down the steps.

“Who was that?” Tempest asked as she nodded her head back slightly.

Twilight shrugged. “Oh, a friend,” Twilight said. “Doubt I’ll see much of him though…” She thought for a moment. “He has kind of a, er… forgettable vibe to him…”

Tempest nodded. “Hard to market, I understand.”

“… Market?”

Tempest chuckled. “Just something the Storm King used to say to a rather forgettable minion. That they had little market potential.” She smiled. “Apparently I had ‘high’ market value.”

Twilight giggled and cozied up to Tempest. “I can vouch for that…”

From the top of the steps, Star Tracker’s eyes opened wide as realization hit. He could change! There was something he could do to win her affection! And that was get a cool facial scar! But first, there was something he had to do! He turned and threw open the door to Twilight’s castle, running inside.

Twilight had left her door unlocked! So that meant he could run inside and rub his face all over her bed!

Author's Note:

Could Star Tracker/Twilight become a viable ship in this fandom? Maybe! But S.T. had the misfortune of premiering alongside Edgehourse... And yeah... I doubt many could follow that act, certainly not the unflattering potential fan expy we got.

Anyhow, just an idea I felt that warranted a short story for and maybe a discussion.

Catch you all in the comments!