• Published 2nd Feb 2017
  • 5,080 Views, 888 Comments

Prickle Berry Tries to Be Careful - David Silver



Prickle didn't ask to become so strong, but it just happened. Now, as a growing foal, she's mightier than many grown stallions. What's an earth-filly to do? She tries her best to move forward and not draw attention to her supernatural strength.

  • ...
13
 888
 5,080

PreviousChapters Next
16 - End Episode 4 - Rivalry

In the end, Pinkie made one of her oaths to keep Prickle's identity to herself, and she giddily joined the fan club as a result. "It's really nice what you did while we were away. It's kind of a relief, knowing Ponyville isn't all alone out here."

Prickle moved to head home. She had a mother to greet and homework to do. Before she went, she stopped by Silver Spoon. "Thank you."

Silver smiled. "You enjoyed the function?"

Prickle nodded. "And I'm... glad we worked it out. I'll see you in school, alright?"

Silver looked guilty then. "Maybe a little, but we have to pretend, remember?"

"Yeah..." Prickle didn't like it, but she was not ready to face Diamond yet, queen matriarch of her suffering. "Why does she have to be so mean?"

Silver blinked. "She's not trying to be, honest."

"Easy for you to say, being her best friend." Prickle turned away. "I'll see you tomorrow."

Silver waved as Prickle walked away, then settled on her haunches. "That went better than it could have gone..." She shook her head a little and turned back to the used room. There was a mess to clean.

Prickle walked home under the evening sun. It was growing dim as she went, but it was Ponyville. Outside of huge angry monsters, one was usually pretty safe in its streets. It was home, and just about everypony knew everypony else, or Pinkie would fix it. She whistled as she went to break the silence.

It was quite surprising to have a whistle returned to her. She darted her head around, looking for the source when it came to her. A pony dropped from the sky in a dynamic pose. "Little girl!"

Prickle squeaked and fell back, eyes wide. "H-hello?" The pony was dressed much like she was as Tiny Titan, though they had bright blues and reds.

"Be at ease. I am the Manehatten Mauler, protector of Manehatten, and I hear Ponyville's gotten a new hero. It's important that I find them. Tell me." She, it sounded like a she, leaned towards Prickle. "Do you know where I can find one Tiny Titan?"

Prickle shook her head violently. She didn't know that pony! And what a name, a mauler?! Were they a hero or a villain? "N-nope, sorry."

"That is quite the pity..." Mauler tapped her chin. "The search continues." She launched into the air. Unlike Prickle, there was no jump, she simply ignored gravity and soared away with a glow. Prickle focused on that glow and realized Mauler was a unicorn. How had she missed that detail? She had been more surprised than at first she realized.

Prickle hastened to a trot to get home. It seemed her exploits had drawn attention, and she wan't sure if it was the good kind or the bad kind. "Maybe Bon Bon knows," she said to herself hopefully as she reached her comfy house and the embrace of her mother.

She would find out the next day, she decided to herself. It was time for homework.

Author's Note:

It's a little one, but it ends out the episode and leaves a hook for the next.

Have your own story written on atreon!

Join my discord to chat!

PreviousChapters Next