• Published 5th Jun 2017
  • 891 Views, 47 Comments

Shattered Rainbow - TheMajorTechie



Rainbow Dash: The filly that never had a chance.

  • ...
3
 47
 891

The Return of the Queen

Author's Note:

What is this? An update?! And geez, has it been a while since I've worked on this fic. Let's just hope I haven't gotten too rusty in the meantime. ^_^

"So," Apple Bloom mumbled under her breath, inspecting the damaged prosthetic all the while. "The rumors really are true, aren't they?"

Rainbow raised a brow. "What rumors?" She replied curiously, fidgeting on the crate she sat on. She glanced silently to the window for a moment, a frown crossing her face as she glimpsed the early hues of the upcoming sunrise- she'd have to return home soon, and preferably before her parents woke.

"Th' Queen's returned." Big Mac answered for his sister, wandering in with the day's newspaper, "Says here that she's mighty excited 'bout some sorta trade deal or somethin' like that."

Apple Bloom paused for a moment, a thought entering her mind. "Ay, ya think the trade's gonna be for th' whole of Equestria, or just Celestia-the-whatever-the-hay-we're-at?"

Big Mac simply shook his head, shrugging.

"Um, hello?" Rainbow cut in, breaking the conversation, "What about my wing? I kinda need to get back home for my mom and dad find out. Same goes for lil' Glider here."

Apple Bloom rolled her eyes with a mischievous smirk. "Don't worry. We Apples ain't just some farmin' family, y'know."


Rainbow and her sister soared through the air. The latter hummed a cheery little tune, while the former kept her mind focused on her flight. After all, even after being repaired, the mare couldn't bring herself to fully trust the patchwork of metal covering the prosthetic. As they arrived at their yard, Rainbow caught a glimpse of the bedroom lights shining through a window, her eyes widening in fright as she frantically thought up an excuse for being out.

"Quick," Rainbow commanded to her sister, herself fluttering into the air yet again, "Pretend that I've been helping you with flying again or something."

"Oka--oh no!" Spectral gasped, pointing a hoof towards her sister's prosthetic, "Won't mom and dad see the broken wing?"

"Shh." Rainbow hushed, before turning to face the window. "ALRIGHT, TRY AGAIN NOW," she yelled, "HOLD YOUR WINGS STEADY THIS TIME, OKAY?"

The mare smiled as she was met with no response. The light must've been from one of her parents forgetting to turn them off after using the bathroom again, she supposed. Nothing to be particularly worried about. She turned back towards her sister with a wide grin. "Do you wanna go see Celestia?" She began, nudging Spectral with a wing, "'Cause I bet that if mom and dad are still sleeping, we could fly off and talk to her for a quick sec before coming back. Nopony would even notice!"

Spectral Glider frowned, kicking at the ground with a hoof. "I don't know, Dashie... I still think we should stay at home. You almost got hurt by the cowgirl pony and her brother earlier, remember?"

"Aww, don't be such a sissy." Rainbow responded with a playful punch, "C'mon!"

Comments ( 3 )

nice story so far
most of the mane 6 don't exist
is this a starlight messed with something story?

Why was this cancelled?

Login or register to comment