• Published 2nd Feb 2017
  • 1,729 Views, 19 Comments

Dueling Rocks - Shadow Kick



The Dazzlings have turned CHS's musical fundraiser into a duel tournament. Sunset and the girls try to get a message to Twilight, but can she even help them?

  • ...
4
 19
 1,729

Tensions Rising

The next morning, the girls got up, ate breakfast, then starting getting ready for the school tournament. Twilight was still trying to advance her deck.

“Relax, Twi,” said Spike. “You’ve improved your deck like ten times. I think it’s strong enough.”

“But what about if they have a counter strategy specifically for Spellcasters?” asked Twilight. “Then what?!”

“I’m sure you can handle it,” said Fluttershy.

“Hope so,” said Twilight.

Rarity was busy trying some special outfits she put together for the tournament. “Should I go with classic or modern?”

“Um… Rarity?” asked Applejack. “We're tryin' to save our school here. Enough with the costumes!”

“Oh, you can never have enough costumes!” said Rarity under a robot helmet.

“She just wants to make things fun!” said Pinkie. “Can’t blame her for that.”

“Come on!” called Sunset. “You're supposed to check in at the gym in fifteen minutes!”

The girls gasped.

“Let’s go!” said Rainbow. And the seven girls rushed to school.

“Wait up!” called Spike.


When the girls got to school, they walked to the gym, along with everyone else. Once they all arrived, Principal Celestia and Luna walked onto the stage with a microphone.

“Welcome to the first ever Canterlot High School team dueling tournament!” said Celestia. “I believe I speak for everyone when I say it is by far the greatest thing we have ever done here at this school!” The students cheered in agreement. “We are so glad our three newest students encouraged us to turn this event into something exciting!”

Luna then took the mic. “But, as this is now a competition, only one team can win. Who is it going to be?!” The students began arguing immediately, which produced more negative energy. It all then streamed into the Dazzlings’ pendants.

“You feel that, girls?” asked Adagio. “Our true power is being restored.” The three then looked down at Twilight and her friends. “And that's before we've tapped into the strongest magic here.”

“But the Rainblossoms, or whatever they're called, aren't under our spell,” said Aria. “How exactly are we supposed to get to their magic?”

“Their teams are just as capable of falling apart as anyone else,” said Adagio. “They just need a little... push in the wrong direction. And I have a feeling everyone here is going to be lining up to give them a shove.”

LIST OF TEAMS
Team 1: The Jewels: Rarity, Applejack, and Twilight Sparkle.
Team 2: The Rainbooms: Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie.
Team 3: The Big Bucks: Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, and Babs Seed.
Team 4: The Melodies: Octavia Melody, Golden Hazel, and Watermelody.
Team 5: The Illusions: Trixie Lulamoon, Lavender Lace and Fuchsia Blush.
Team 6: The Heartstrings: Lyra Heartstrings, Sweetie Drops, and Minuette.
Team 7: The Brawlers: Bulk Biceps, Big Macintosh, and Curly Winds.
Team 8: The Snails: Snips, Snails, and Button Mash.
Team 9: The Snapshots: Photo Finish, Violet Blurr and Pixel Pizzaz.
Team 10: The Dazzlings: Adagio Dazzle, Aria Blaze, and Sonata Dusk.
Team 11: The Pony Pickers: Derpy, Blueberry Pie, and Raspberry Fluff.
Team 12: The Flash Drives: Flash Sentry, Brawly Beats, and Ringo.
Team 13: The Crusaders: Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo.
Team 14: The Green Cycles: Captain Planet, Sandalwood, and Paisley.
Team 15: The Wonderbolts: Spitfire, Fleetfoot, and Soarin’.
Team 16: The Diamond Dog Boys: Fido, Spot, and Rover.

“First up!” said Luna. “The Jewels vs The Big Bucks!”

The two teams walked up on stage and prepared to battle.

“Let’s do this,” said Applejack.

“Wait,” said Twilight. “Where’s Rarity?”

“Oh! Here! I'm here!” Panted Rarity. She walked in wearing a hippie-inspired outfit with metal fringes. Twilight raised her brow in confusion. “We will be dueling in front of an audience. I'm not going to wear something fabulous? Hmph.” Applejack slapped her forehead.

“Remember,” said Twilight quietly. “We have to be good enough to win, but not so good that we let the sirens see the magic within us. They could realize we plan to use it against them.”

“Got it!” said AJ and Rarity in unison.

“I’m always first,” said Diamond Tiara.

“I’ll be your opponent,” said Applejack.

“Let’s duel!” said the two.

Applejack LP: 4000
Diamond Tiara LP: 4000

Turn 1: Diamond Tiara
“Like I said, I’m always first,” said Diamond Tiara. “I draw. I play Dark World Dealings, so we both draw one card, then we each get rid of one. I’ll discard my Tri-Horned Dragon, then I’ll play Monster Reborn to bring him to the field! Next I’ll activate Adamantine Sword Revival so I can tribute my monster and special summon Diamond Head Dragon in attack mode! As for his ATK power, he starts out with same ATK points as my Tri-horned Dragon. But then he gains another 1000 points. (Diamond Head Dragon: ? – 2850 – 3850) I place two cards face down and end my turn.”

Turn 2: Applejack
“Mah turn,” said AJ as she drew. “I play Giant Trunade to blow away ya’ll spells and traps. Next, I’ll activate Smashing Ground to get rid of that darn dragon.”

“No!!” cried Diamond Tiara.

“Ya’ll ain’t seen nothing yet,” said Applejack. “Now I summon Goblindbergh, and I’ll use his ability and special summon Gambler of Legend. I now overlay mah two guys and Xyz Summon Gagaga Cowboy in attack mode! Now, I’ll equip him with Magnum Shield which increases this critter’s ATK power by his DEF points. (Gagaga Cowboy: 1500 – 3900) Attack!”

“AH!” cried Diamond Tiara.

Applejack LP: 4000
Diamond Tiara LP: 100

“Finally, I’ll play the spell card Earthquake to switch my Cowboy to defense mode,” said AJ. “Which means, I use an overlay unit, and you’re outta here!”

“NO!!” cried Diamond Tiara. “This was not supposed to happen!”

Applejack LP: 4000
Diamond Tiara LP: 0

“Don’t worry,” said Babs. “I’ve got this.”

“You better!” said Diamond Tiara.

“Hey, cos,” said Babs. “You ready?”

“Course,” answered Applejack.

Applejack LP: 4000
Babs Seed LP: 4000

Turn 3: Babs Seed
“I draw!” said Babs. “I play Snatch Steal on your Cowboy!”

“Hey!” cried AJ.

“No hard feelings, cos, but I need your monster,” said Babs. “First I place two cards face down, then I’ll play KA-2 Des Scissors. Now I switch your Cowboy to attack mode. Attack!”

“Dang!” said AJ.

Applejack LP: 0
Babs Seed LP: 4000

“Not to worry, darling, I’ll get us back on track.” said Rarity as she took Applejack’s place.

Rarity LP: 4000
Babs Seed LP: 4000

Turn 4: Rarity
“I draw,” said Rarity.

“I activate my trap!” interrupted Babs. “Bad Reaction to Simochi! I know you gain life points because of my Steal card, but now, you’ll lose the points instead.”

Rarity LP: 3000
Babs Seed LP: 4000

At that moment, Photo Finish and her team rushed to the top of the stage, tied two magnets to some puppet strings and lowered them down toward Rarity. The magnets attached themselves to the metal fringes on Rarity’s dress, giving Photo control of Rarity’s arms.

“What’s going on?!” asked Rarity. “Help!”

Using the magnets, Photo Finish pulled Rarity’s hand over her deck, indicating a forfeit. Her duel disk reduced her life points to zero.

“No!!” cried Rarity.

Rarity LP: 0
Babs Seed LP: 4000

“I don’t believe it,” said AJ. “Twilight, it’s all up to you.”

“I understand,” said Twilight. “Don’t worry, I won’t let you down.”

“Let’s do this!” said Babs.

Twilight LP: 4000
Babs Seed LP: 4000

Turn 5: Twilight Sparkle
“It’s my turn,” said Twilight.

“Hold up!” said Babs. “Just like your partner, you lose 1000 points thanks to my and Steal and trap combo.”

“I don’t think so,” said Twilight. “I activate Ring of Defense to protect my life points.”

“Dang,” said Babs.

“I play Pot of Greed, so I can draw two cards,” said Twilight. “Next, I’ll play Double Summon so I can bring out Strength of Prophecy and Hermit of Prophecy. Now I activate Spellbook of Secrets to add another Spellbook to my hand. I choose Spellbook of Power, and since a Spellbook was played, my Hermit gain two stars and 300 ATK points. (Hermit of Prophecy: 1200 – 1500/ Level 3 – 5) Next, I’ll return this Spellbook back to my deck to increase the level of my Strength of Prophecy’s ATK by 500, and its level by one. (Strength of Prophecy: 1500 – 2000/ Level 4 – 5) Now I can overlay my two monsters to Xyz summon Empress of Prophecy! By the way, she gains 300 ATK points for each Overlay Unit she has.” (Empress of Prophecy: 2000 – 2600)

“So what?” asked Babs. “Your monster is no match for my Cowboy.”

“You mean Applejack’s Cowboy,” corrected Twilight. “Now say goodbye to it! I activate my monster’s effect, by using an overlay unit, I can shuffle my deck, then I check the top five cards of the deck, and if there are any Spellbook cards among them, I get to destroy that many monsters on the field.”

“Uh-oh,” said Babs.

Twilight shuffled her deck, then checked her top five cards (Stoic of Prophecy, Spellbook of Judgment, Wheel of Prophecy, Card of Demise, and Spellbook of Fate) “One more thing, I can put my five cards back in any order I want.” (Card of Demise, Spellbook of Fate, Stoic of Prophecy, Spellbook of Judgment, and Wheel of Prophecy) “Well, since I drew two Spellbooks, both of your monsters are destroyed!”

“NO!” cried Babs. “Now I got nothing!” (Empress of Prophecy: 2600 – 2300)

“And that’s just the beginning,” said Twilight. “I now activate Spellbook of Power to increase my monster’s ATK points by 1000! (Empress of Prophecy: 2300 – 3300) Then I’ll activate Spellbook of the Master! By revealing the Spellbook of Wisdom in my hand, I can copy the effect of my Spellbook of Power.” (Empress of Prophecy: 3300 – 4300)

“Some teammate you are!” said Diamond Tiara.

“I said, I got this!” said Babs. “I still have my trap, Sakuretsu Armor.”

“I activate Spellbook of Wisdom!” continued Twilight. “Now my Empress can’t be affected by trap cards this turn.”

“Crap!” said Babs.

“Attack her directly!” ordered Twilight.

“Aggghhhh!!!” cried Babs.

Twilight LP: 4000
Babs Seed LP: 0

(Empress of Prophecy: 4300 – 2300)

“I got this,” said Diamond Tiara imitating Babs. “Yeah, right.”

“Hey,” said Babs. “At least I left Silver Spoon my traps.”

“Thanks,” said Silver Spoon. “Allow me to take care of this.”

“Thank you,” said Diamond Tiara.

Twilight LP: 4000
Silver Spoon: LP: 4000

Turn 6: Silver Spoon
“I won’t be beaten by the likes of you,” said Silver Spoon. “First, I’ll summon Malicevorous Spoon, then I’ll discard Malicevorous Knife so I can special summon Malicevorous Fork. Now my Spoon’s effect activates, allowing me to special summon my Knife from the graveyard. I now overlay my three monsters to Xyz summon Number 96 Dark Mist!”

“Oh boy,” said Twilight.

“I’m not done,” said Silver Spoon. “I activate Rank-Up-Magic Barian's Force to turn Dark Mist into a new monster, Number C96 Dark Storm! Oh, and one more thing. I get to take an overlay unit from your Empress and add it to my Dark Storm.”

“Say what?!” asked Twilight.

“Now my Dark Storm has five overlay units!” said Silver Spoon. “Attack her Empress!”

“But it’s weaker than my monster, said Twilight.

“Not for long,” said Silver Spoon. “Whenever my Dark Storm battles a monster, I can use one overlay unit to reduce your monster’s ATK points to zero, then my Dark Storm gains all the ATK power your Empress lost. (Empress of Prophecy: 2300 – 0) (Number C96 Dark Storm: 1000 – 3300)

“What?!” cried Twilight as her Empress was destroyed.

Twilight LP: 700
Silver Spoon: LP: 4000

“Now I’ll activate Soul Release,” said Silver Spoon. “Those Spellbooks of yours are a bother, so I’ll just remove the four in your graveyard from play.”

“Fantastic,” said Twilight.

“One more thing,” said Silver Spoon. “I activate Overlay Regen, this card gives my Dark Storm one more over lay unit, so I’m back up to five. I end my turn.”

Turn 7: Twilight Sparkle
“Finally,” said Twilight as she drew. “I play the Card of Demise, which lets me draw three cards. First I’ll activate Spellbook of Miracles which lets me bring back a Spellcaster Xyz monster from my graveyard, like my Empress. Plus, I can take of my banished Spellbooks and attach them to my Xyz monster as overlay units. (Spellbook of Secrets and Spellbook of Power) Thanks for removing my Spellbooks.”

Silver Spoon was stupefied. “What…have…I…done?”

Wonderful job,” said Diamond Tiara.

“Next I’ll activate my Express’s ability,” continued Twilight. “By using an overlay unit, (Spellbook of Power) I can shuffle my deck, then I check the top five cards, if there are any Spellbooks, I can destroy monsters on the field equal to number I pick up.” (Amores of Prophecy, High Priestess of Prophecy, Reaper of Prophecy, Justice of Prophecy, and Spellbook Library of the Heliosphere) Say good bye to your Dark Storm. Also, I can put my five cards back in any order I want.” (Justice of Prophecy, Amores of Prophecy, Reaper of Prophecy, High Priestess of Prophecy, and Spellbook Library of the Heliosphere)

Silver Spoon then smiled. “Remember, thanks to your Card of Demise, you can’t inflict any damage.”

“So what?” asked Twilight. “I now equip my Empress with Scroll of Bewitchment to change her attribute to Dark. Finally, I’ll play Rank-Up-Magic Astral Force. Now I can special summon a new Xyz monster that’s two ranks higher by using my Empress as one of my new monsters overlay units. I choose my Hierophant of Prophecy! Also, my Hierophant gains all the overlay units that my Empress had.”

Silver Spoon was getting nervous. “I-I still won’t lose any life points.”

“I know,” said Twilight calmly. “But now I activate my Hierophant’s effect. By using one overlay unit (Spellbook of Secrets), I destroy spells or traps on your side up to the number of Spellbooks that are in my graveyard. Let’s see, I have Spellbook of Miracles, Spellbook of Power, plus the Spellbook of Secrets I just used, that’s three. So I’ll destroy your Bad Reaction trap, and Bab’s face down card. I end my turn.”

Turn 8: Silver Spoon
“I draw,” said Silver Spoon. She then lowered her head. “I place one card face down and end my turn.”

Photo Finish was still pulling Rarity around.

“That’s enough!” said Rarity. “She then yanked back, but she pulled so hard, her sleeves tore off. “My outfit!!”

Turn 9: Twilight Sparkle
“My turn,” said Twilight. “I activate my monster’s effect. I remove one overlay unit and destroy your face down. (Magic Cylinder) Now I summon Justice of Prophecy in attack mode. Attack!”

Silver Spoon didn’t react.

Twilight LP: 700
Silver Spoon: LP: 0

“The Jewels win!” said Celestia.

“Ruined!” cried Rarity. “Absolutely ruined!”

“Rarity, were ya tryin' to make us lose out there?!” asked Applejack.

“Wh- Oh! This was not my fault!” said Rarity. “This was an act of sabotage!”

“Yeah, well, whoever did this couldn't have done it, if you didn't insist on dressin' like... like... THIS!” said AJ. “We need to play good, not look good! Is there some reason that concept seems to escape you?”

“Next up!” said Luna. “The Rainbooms vs The Melodies!”

“Remember,” said Twilight. “Don’t reveal your magic.”

“Got it,” said Fluttershy.

“So… about 20 percent less cool,” said Rainbow. “Who wants to go first?”

“Me!” said Pinkie jumping up and down. “Me! Me! Me! Me!”

Watermelody stepped forward.

“Let’s duel!” said the two.

Pinkie Pie LP: 4000
Watermelody LP: 4000

Turn 1: Watermelody
“I’ll go first,” said Watermelody. “I play Galaxy Wave, now whenever I Xyz summon, you lose 500 life points.”

“Uh-oh,” said Pinkie.

“Let’s test it out,” said Watermelody. “I summon Marauding Captain, and his effect lets summon another monster, so I’ll bring out Feedback Warrior. Next, I’ll overlay them both to Xyz summon Melomelody the Brass Djinn in attack mode! Feel the wrath of Galaxy Wave!”

Pinkie snapped her fingers.

Pinkie Pie LP: 3500
Watermelody LP: 4000

“Now I’ll equip my Brass Djinn with Xyz Unit!” continued Watermelody. “Not only does she gain an extra overlay unit, she gains ATK points equal to her rank times 200. (Melomelody the Brass Djinn: 1400 – 2000) I place two cards face down and end my turn.”

Turn 2: Pinkie Pie
“I draw!” said Pinkie.

“I activate my trap!” interrupted Watermelody. “Xyz Tribalrivals! Now, any Xyz monster that has two or more overlay units can’t be destroyed by card effects.”

“Oh well,” said Pinkie quickly. “I activate Graceful Charity, so I can draw three cards, then send two to the graveyard, so I’ll send my Madolche Baaple and Madolche Cruffssant packing. Next, I’ll summon Madolche Mewfeuille, and his ability lets me special summon another Madolche monster from my hand, so I’ll summon my Madolche Butlerusk. Then, I play Star Changer to increase my Mewfeuille’s level by 1. (Madolche Mewfeuille Level: 3 – 4) Next, I’ll overlay them and Xyz summon Madolche Queen Tiaramisu in attack mode! Isn’t she lucky? She’s queen of a candy kingdom…”

“You know she’s not real, right?” asked Watermelody.

“Hey, I can dream, can’t I?” asked Pinkie. “Anyway hoo, I play the continuous spell, Madolche Ticket. Now, if a Madolche card is returned from my field, or my grave, to my hand, then I can add another Madolche monster to my hand. But, if I have a Fairy monster on my field, then I can special summon a Madolche monster from my deck when a Madolche card is returned. Guess what type my Queen Tiaramisu is? Time’s up! She’s a Fairy! Now I activate her ability, by using one overlay unit, I can select up to two Madolche cards in my graveyard and shuffle them back into my deck, then I can return the same number of cards on your side back to your deck.”

“Say what?!” asked Watermelody.

“I use one overlay unit, to return my Madolche Baaple and Mewfeuille back to my deck,” said Pinkie. “Then I’ll return your Brass Djinn and your face down card back to your deck.”

“Darn it!” said Watermelody. “This isn’t fair!”

“Life isn’t fair,” said Pinkie. “Now, thanks to my Madolche Ticket, I get to special summon a monster from my deck. So I choose, Madolche Chouxvalier! Finally, I play Temple of the Kings. Now I can activate one trap card during the same turn that I set it.”

“Could this this get any worse?” asked Watermelody.

“Yep,” answered Pinkie. “I set, then activate the trap, Madolche Waltz. Now whenever a Madolche monster attacks, or is attacked, you loses 300 life points. Attack her directly, my sweets!”

“Aggghhhh!!” cried Watermelody.

Pinkie Pie LP: 3500
Watermelody LP: 0

“Looks like it’s my turn,” said Hazel. “So let’s do this!”

“Bring it on,” said Pinkie.

Pinkie Pie LP: 3500
Golden Hazel LP: 4000

Turn 3: Golden Hazel
“I draw!” said Hazel. “First, I’ll reveal the Golden Ladybug in my hand to gain 500 life points.

Pinkie Pie LP: 3500
Golden Hazel LP: 4500

Then, I’ll activate Pot of Desires, this lets me banish the top ten cards of my deck, then draw two more cards.”

“Woah,” said Pinkie. “Hope all that banishing got you a good draw.”

Golden Hazel looked at her drawn cards and smiled. “Don’t worry, it was. I play Dimensional Fissure. Now, any monster that goes to the grave, will be banished. Next I activate Lightning Vortex, by discarding a card (Banisher of the Light) I can destroy both of your monsters.”

“On no!” cried Pinkie.

“Then, I’ll play Cost Down,” continued Hazel. “By discarding a card (Banisher of the Radiance) I can downgrade all monsters in my hand by two stars. Now I can summon Golden Homunculus! Also, his effect gives him 300 extra ATK points for each one of my banished cards!” (Golden Homunculus: 1500 – 4700)

“Wow,” said Pinkie. “Good move.”

“Thanks,” said Hazel. “Golden Homunculus, attack!”

“Aaahhhh!” cried Pinkie.

Pinkie Pie LP: 0
Golden Hazel LP: 4500

“Yes!!” said Hazel.

“Sorry, girls,” said Pinkie. She then went back behind stage with Twilight and the others.

“It’s okay,” said Rainbow. “At least you beat that first girl. Alright Fluttershy, you’re up.”

Fluttershy LP: 4000
Golden Hazel LP: 4500

Turn 4: Fluttershy
“Here goes nothing,” said Fluttershy. “I draw!”

At the moment, Snips and Snails raced to the top of the stage, turned on one the stage lights, and shined it on Fluttershy.

She instantly froze with stage fright. “O-oh my! U-um ugh-ugh.” Fluttershy tried to step out of the light’s path, but the two boys made it follow her everywhere she went. Suddenly, in burst of fear, Fluttershy ran off stage and behind the curtain.

“Alright…” said Celestia. “Since Fluttershy has left the stage, she is disqualified!”

“What?!” cried Rainbow.

“Yes!” said Hazel.

“That’s it!” said Rainbow. “Time to play some good cards!”

“Say what?” asked Pinkie in an insulted tone.

“Duel!” said Rainbow and Hazel.

Rainbow Dash LP: 4000
Golden Hazel LP: 4500

Turn 5: Rainbow
“It’s my turn!” said Rainbow as she drew. “I play mystical Space Typhoon to destroy your Dimensional Fissure!”

“Shoot,” said Hazel.

“Next I play the spell, The Grass is Always Tastier on the Other Side!” said Rainbow. “This card can only be activated if I have more cards in my deck than you do. If so, I send cards from the top of my deck to the graveyard until I have the same number of cards as you. So, how many ya got left?”

“Hmm,” said Hazel. “I had 40, then I drew 6 at the beginning. I played the pot, so I got rid of 10, and then I drew 2. So… 22 cards.”

“Great,” said Rainbow. “I had 40 too. But I just drew my six cards, so I only have 34. That’s means I lose 12 cards. (Crystal Beast Amber Mammoth, Topaz Tiger, Rainbow Path, Crystal Beacon, Crystal Raigeki, Ancient City – Rainbow Ruins, Cobalt Eagle, Crystal Abundance, Amethyst Cat, Sapphire Pegasus, Gem Flash Energy, and Ruby Carbuncle.)

Meanwhile, some of the other students in the crowd were yawning.

“Man, this is boring,” said Applebloom.

“Oh yeah?” asked Pinkie. She then rush off, but returned quickly with a party cannon.

“What are ya doing?” asked Applejack.

Instead of answering, Pinkie just fired her cannon spreading confetti all over the stage. Some even landed on Rainbow’s duel disk. She quickly brushed it all off.

Twilight shook her head. “I really don’t that was…” A piece of confetti then flew into her mouth, causing her to chock.

Fluttershy then rushed out and slapped Twilight on the back, dislodging the piece of paper from her throat.

“Thank you,” said Twilight.

“You’re welcome,” replied Fluttershy.

“Now that that’s over, I summon Emerald Tortoise in attack mode!” said Rainbow. “I have six crystals in my graveyard, and one on the field. Which means I can summon the Rainbow Dragon!”

“He may be powerful,” said Hazel. “But this time he’s too weak!”

“Not for long,” said Rainbow. “Did you forget about Pinkie’s Temple of the Kings? Now I can use a trap card this turn. I’ll set this card, then activate it, Reverse Trap!”

“NOOOO!!” yelled Hazel. (Golden Homunculus: 4700 – 0)

“That’s right,” said Rainbow. “Now look who’s weaker. Rainbow Dragon and Emerald Tortoise, attack!!”

“Ah!!” cried Hazel.

Rainbow Dash LP: 4000
Golden Hazel LP: 0

“Oh yeah!!” said Rainbow. “Woo!”

“Crap,” said Hazel silently.

“Looks like it’s finally my turn,” said Octavia.

“Take you best shot,” said Rainbow.

Rainbow Dash LP: 4000
Octavia Melody LP: 4000

Turn 6: Octavia
“I draw,” said Octavia. “First, I summon The Cello Man in attack mode, and his effect lets me special summon a level 4 normal monster from my hand, like Hibikime. Next, I’ll equip Hibikime with the Scroll of Bewitchment and change its attribute to Light. Now, I’ll tune my two monsters together, to Synchro summon Light End Dragon! Then I’ll play Riryoku to cut your dragon’s ATK power in half, and add the deducted amount to my dragon ATK points. (Rainbow Dragon: 4000 – 2000) (Light End Dragon: 2600 – 4600)

“Shoot!” said Rainbow.

“Light End Dragon, attack!” ordered Octavia. “And now, my dragon’s effect activates! By giving up 500 ATK points, my monster can decrease your dragon’s ATK power by 1500!” (Light End Dragon: 4600 – 4100)

“You gotta be kidding me!” said Rainbow. (Rainbow Dragon: 2000 – 500)

Rainbow Dash LP: 400
Octavia Melody LP: 4000

“I place two cards face down and end my turn,” finished Octavia. (Light End Dragon: 4100 – 2100)

Turn 7: Rainbow
“My turn,” said Rainbow as she drew.

“Hold on,” interrupted Octavia. “I play the spell, Forbidden Chalice. This cards negates my dragon’s effects and increases its ATK points by 400 until the end of the turn. (Light End Dragon: 2100 – 2600) Now, my dragon is back to full power. Then, I’ll activate the trap, Disappear. This lets me remove your dragon from play.”

“Oh no!” gasped Rainbow.

“Good riddance to bad rubbish,” said Octavia.

Rainbow then looked at her drawn card and smirked. “I’ll use Pinkie’s Temple of the Kings, to set this card, then activate it, Dragoncarnation! This lets me take a banished Dragon monster, and add it to my hand.”

“Blast!” said Octavia.

“That’s right,” said Rainbow. “I still have my six Crystals in the graveyard, and my Tortoise on the field. So I can summon my dragon all over again!”

“Don’t you ever get tired of that dragon?” asked Octavia.

“Heck no!” replied Rainbow. “Next, I’ll play Fissure to destroy you Light End Dragon.”

“Blast it all!” said Octavia.

“Sorry, girl,” said Rainbow. “Rainbow Dragon, end this duel!”

“Aaahhhh!” cried Octavia.

Rainbow Dash LP: 400
Octavia Melody LP: 0

“The Rainbooms win!” said Luna.

Rainbow walked behind stage. “Hey, what was with the confetti, Pinkie? How am I supposed to duel if there's paper stuck in my card slots?!”

“It was pretty distracting,” said Fluttershy.

“Ugh!” said Pinkie. “Says the girl who was running from a light the whole time! A light!”

“At least both of your teams made it to the next round,” said Sunset. “I just hope one of them gets to battle the Dazzlings at some point today.”

“No kidding,” said Twilight. “Now we’ve seen some of the player’s decks, we should advance our decks more.”

“You all find a place to tune up your decks,” said Sunset. “I'll keep an eye on things here.”