• Published 7th Sep 2017
  • 1,642 Views, 66 Comments

My Little Mages: Kingdom of Friendship - Foxhelm



As the Mystica Games end and Summer winds to an end, Twilight finds herself disillusioned about her princess status. But another foe of old has returned, Lord Tirek. A retelling of Twilight's Kingdom in this My Little Mages AU

  • ...
1
 66
 1,642

Betrayal

Celestia continued following from Twilight’s gasp, “Tirek is set on possessing demigod magic. When he comes here to claim it, we cannot have it.”

Twilight collected herself. She looked to the three other princesses, trusting to their collective wisdom and their collective experience. “I'm more than willing to do my part and give up my magic.”

“Our magic cannot just disappear into thin air. While not gods, we are still powerful beings able to alter the world on levels most cannot imagine. Our power is more like a hurricane than a gentle summer breeze, it won’t go away easily. Somebody must keep it.” Luna informed.

Twilight nodded and turned to Celestia, believe that the power of the four demigods would be best consolidated in the oldest and most experienced of the four. Seeing this, “That somebody is you, Twilight.” Cadance said catching Twilight off guard making her turn to face her sister-in-law. Twilight’s perplexed expression asked ‘why me?’ without the use of words.

“We knew we should have called for her earlier,” Luna said to Celestia before turning to Twilight. Celestia just gave a sigh of frustration, clearly saying ‘must we bicker now,’. Ignoring her elder sister, “We had this debate before you were summoned.” Luna informed as she summoned another projection gem. After she activated it, Twilight watched.

It was an hour before Twilight was summoned, Luna, Cadance, and Celestia were in special console with the entirety of the Mystican national government in attendance, including but not limited to Baron Roy Fancypants, Marshall Shining Armor, even Archduke ‘Prince’ Blueblood. Celestia had just finished speaking. “FI!” Luna shouted stepping onto the floor, “That plan is folly!”

“Well Princess Luna, that is why I called for this emergency meeting. I am looking for a better one!” Celestia countered. Everyone remained silent, they have heard Celestia’s case for her plan and while none like it, they knew it was less than useless to get in between the two elder princesses in their state.

“Now Aunts…” Cadance tried to speak up be diplomatic as she too stepped onto the debate floor, only to be ignored.

“Twilight is the least qualified of the four of us for this task! And if she were to fight Tirek and Discord the odds are against her!” Luna pointed out “Even Cadance would be a better choice! But if we must put our magic into one of us, then it should be you. You have the best chance to defeat Tirek!” Luna declared.

“Tirek remembers us, Luna, and he will very likely know of Cadance if not now then soon! Let’s not forget Discord is still in play and the only the Elements of Harmony could best Discord and while Discord’s loyalty to Tirek is questionable, we cannot count on Discord betraying Tirek!”

“Then all four of us should take Tirek on in battle!”

Celestia held out a hand and started to count with her fingers, “1) As I just said Discord is still in play and he’s unpredictable, He could betray Tirek, he could turn us all into chickens, literally. 2) Discord can only be defeated by the Elements of Harmony, 3) The Elements were returned to the Tree of Harmony, in short, they’re gone! 4) Tirek only needs to drain the power of one of us and the battle would be lost!”

“Then we four should hide away until the Rainbow of Light is found!”

“Why didn’t you present the Rainbow of Light as an option in the first place, before it was agreed to ask Discord to help?” Celestia asked.

“You called the meeting effectively over after Blueblood’s console and it has been over a thousand years, We have forgotten it then and didn’t think about it. Our mind is not a steel trap.”

“Regardless, we still have the same series of problems if we decided to hide away! And Tirek would be beyond the power of the fourth one of us if we were to hide in separate places. As for the Rainbow of Light, we have no idea where it was placed after it used. Even if you and I have both tasked are respective orders of devotees to search Mystica for any and all misplace magical items of yore. If the Rainbow of Light still exists and is in Mystica, it is would most likely be in the chest the Tree of Harmony gave Twilight. If that is the case our only hope is that Twilight and her friends find the keys soon and to do that we need to buy her time. And that means forcing Tirek to go on a wild goose chase for our magic!”

“As you so frequently pointed out, Discord is still in play and he can still sense the disturbance that will be caused by the transfer of power when we do it and can tell Tirek.”

“I AM AWARE OF THAT! THAT’S WHY I CALLED FOR THIS EMERGENCY MEETING, WOONA!” for a second Celestia’s hair become fire, the whites of her eyes a reddish black and the irises were yellow and the pupils were cat-like slits.

“DON’T YELL AT US, TIA! YOU’RE THE ONE THAT TOOK BLUEBLOOD’S CONSOLE!” For a second, Luna looked like Nightmare Moon but without her armaments.

“YOU’RE THE ONE THAT INVITED HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE!” Celestia pointed out.

“Um excuse me, Aunties may I…” Blueblood said as he stepped to the debate floor.

“YOU’VE SAID ENOUGH BLUEBLOOD!!!” the diarchs shouted at their distant nephew. Blueblood stepped back his face as pale as a sheet.

Luna and Celestia both stopped and looked back each other. They both took a few calming breaths and returned to their normal state. “This is not getting us anywhere.” Celestia then turned to all others in the room. “Anyone with a better idea, please now speak your piece or forever hold your peace,” Celestia commanded. No one seemed to have a better idea.

Blueblood, however, did speak up. “I was going to say I was wrong to console against Cousin Cadance’s idea of having Fluttershy accompany Discord and that I am sorry.”

Celestia and Luna both sighed, “Anyone else?” Luna asked as she too looked at all the others in attendance. After a minute of awkward silence as no one had something to add. “Then it’s best that you try to hide yourselves, your families and everyone you know. The fewer Tirek can steal magic from the better. Celestia, Cadance and Us will go to the throne room and wait for Princess Twilight once Celestia sends the summons for her.” Luna and Celestia then flew towards the throne room of the castle as everyone started out. After five minutes only Cadance, Shining and Blueblood were left. Shining still in his seat as marshall, only getting up when everyone else had left.

“I am less than useless, aren’t I?” Blueblood asked rhetorically not looking at Cadance as he stared at the ceiling.

“It was a risk that Discord would betray us no matter what, you thought that by sending him alone he would have the fewest reasons. You weren’t entirely wrong.” Cadance tried to comfort Blueblood. Blueblood shook his head and walked off to sulk alone. Cadance could only sigh before she and Shining went to the throne room, she could not help but feel pity for her cousin, the one-time Blueblood tried to be helpful and it blew up in his face.

The projection then ended, “As you saw, this not a decision anyone likes, it is a bad plan. But it is the best plan we have.” Luna informed as she sent the projection gem away. “And before you ask, the lifespan of a gargoyle while longer than a normal human, is less than a millennium. So we cannot ask Scorpan for help and we are running against a clock so going to Midnight Castle is not an option. Not that Discord couldn’t find us there.”

“Our only viable option is to give you our magic and hope that Discord has any degree of self-interest and keep quiet about you as you and your friends search for the six keys,” Cadance added. “Do you understand what we’re asking of you?”

“Before I answer that, I have good news and bad news, the bad news is that we haven’t opened the box, but we have found five of the six keys.” Twilight informed. While that brought a smile on Cadance’s and Luna’s faces, Celestia’s was less moved, while Twilight could see a glimmer in Celestia’s eyes that she recognized this as good, there were other matters at hand. Twilight took a breath before she gave her answer, “Yes.” She paused as she looked away, “It's just... I'm only now learning how to control my own powers as a demigod. But to take on even more–”

All three could see the doubt Twilight had Celestia elected to speak up, cutting Twilight off there. “Don’t forget, my pupil, you bore the Element of Magic, you recreated it. Its connection with you allowed the other Elements to return it to you when Sunset tried to force it to attune it to herself. You were able to make new magic and complete the spell Star Swirl gave up on. You solved the riddles of King Sombra, mastering dark and light-based magic. You represent the very element of magic. If there is anyone who can do this, it's you.”

Twilight was silent as she let her mentor’s words sink in. Celestia was right, she had accomplished several magical feats that most would have deemed impossible. Twilight then smiled and looked to Celestia with resolve, “Taking on this task will be one of the most difficult things I'll ever do, but with the help of my friends, I know I can do this. This must be the role I am meant to play as a princess of Mystica! I will not fail to do my duty!”

Celestia smiled, “Then we must begin at once. Twilight all you have to do is remain calm and let the magic flow.” The three then formed an equilateral triangle around Twilight and began to pull their magic out of themselves. Twilight watched as the three were actually straining and sweating. It was clear that they were in great pain. Twilight shut eyes and took deep breaths remaining as calm as possible as the demigod powers of the other three began to make its way to her as the new vessel.


In the one of the few parks of Manahatten as Tirek, now looking like he was in his late sixties but still very muscular, was draining the magic of the residents, Discord was using a couple of them like they were puppets only to have his whole body shake, shiver, and spasm as if every atom of his being was moving differently than it normally would. Once he recovered he was quiet for a second before he stroked his chin and beard, “That’s odd.” he thought he whispered.

“What’s odd?” Tirek asked as he turned to Discord from his latest victim.

“Oh, nothing. Just some chaos acting up.” Tirek raised an eyebrow at that answer. “You would think the very embodiment of Chaos would have more control over it.” Discord continued. “Well carry on.” Discord waved his paw. Tirek shook his head and went back to draining magic. Discord then went back to stroking his beard trying to solve the riddle for the disturbance he felt.


Back in the Chantalot Castle throne room, Twilight was surrounded by white light as her eyes glowed purple as her hair floated in the air much like how Celestia’s and Luna’s would. After a few seconds, Twilight appeared to be normal again. She looked around her and saw Luna, Cadance, and Celestia on lying on the floor clearly weaken and tired, each of their Aura Marks was gone and Celestia’s and Luna’s hair no longer floated, acting like normal hair. Twilight elected to help them each up and to the three thrones, helping Cadance and Luna first. Once Celestia was seated, “It is done.” the eldest of the four in the room said, “You best hid as best you can start by destroying your window. Travel to Magiville by the least noticeable means and try to keep as low a profile as possible,” Celestia ordered. Twilight nodded as she destroyed the window and ran to her old room in the castle, she knew the clock she wore as Clover the Clever was going to be useful aside from a performance of the Kindling.

Once in her cloak, she slipped out of the castle and the city and started to travel the Starplains in the direction of Magiville on foot. It was going to be a long walk, fortunately, she did pack some provisions. As she left she saw her brother’s protecting spell go up.


The next day in the in the mid-morning hours, Shining and the members of the ESM stationed in Chantalot were on patrol checking the shield. He knew that with Discord this shield little more a something to boost morale. Shining was currently on his own, in his purple armor. On his back was his usual spear, but he was armed with two javelins, one in each hand, he had ordered that everyone was to use ranged weapons if they were to engage Tirek. So far everything was fine until he heard a voice come from his helmet, “What brings you by, Shining?” Before Shining could respond, Discord in his ‘original’ form seemed to grow from under Shining’s helmet, wearing it as he snaked around Shining. Shining was able to repeal the Erisadies and free himself and rolled away from Discord. While doing so he threw one of his javelins at Discord striking the Erisadies in the chest missing the heart and nailing him to the closet door. Discord was caught off guard and tried to pull the javelin out or slide along it, to no result. “Nirvanan Steel. Should have seen that coming.”

Shining prepared to throw the other spear, “Now you will pay for your crime, traitor.” Shining then threw it but it blasted from behind Shining by a magic bolt orange in color. Shining turned as he grabbed his spear to see a squad of the ESM being drained of their magic by Tirek. Tirek seemed to become younger and stronger with each Mystrican he drained.

“Discord betrayed was himself when he abandoned his true nature to make friends with weak-minded children who offer him nothing!” Tirek countered. “And what is your name?”

“Why do you ask?” Shining Armor asked gritting his teeth as he tried to figure out a way to run Tirek through the Spellthief’s heart without using his magic or getting caught by Tirek. One well placed strike was all he needed.

“Your armor is different from all the others, I assumed you were of a higher rank.”

“He’s Marshall Shining Armor, head of the Earth-Sky-Magic Coalition and he is the Consort of Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, the Crystal Princess of Krystalpoloies, and a demigoddess. Shining here is just very powerful Magicborn. But it would make him part of the royal family.” Discord informed.

“Impressive, especially for a boy of your age.”

Discord laughed at that, “Shining, a boy. Good one, Tirek. But Shining’s in his late 20’s, in fact, he might be pushing 30.”

Seeing this distract Tirek, Shining made his move, however, just as the spear point touched Tirek’s skin it squeaked and bent like an inflatable rubber toy. Tirek laughed as both he and Shining connected the dots and concluded that Shining’s spear was changed by Discord’s magic. “You’re out of your league, boy. But that was a commendable albeit futile effort.” Tirek then took hold of both of Shining’s shoulders and opening his mouth drained the ardent of his magic. After which he let Shining fall to the ground as he freed Discord by destroying the other javelin.

“How... could you... do this...?” Shining asked as he tried to get up turn to Discord only to fall back to the ground. “You... were... her friend.”

Discord was taken aback at what Shining said, he knew the 'she' Shining was referring to and it wasn’t Fluttershy or Celestia. Noticing Discord current questioning of loyalty and not needing him to get the power of the three demigods but not yet ready to take Discord’s power, “Why don't you go and have a little fun? I won't stand in your way. Discord giggled as giddy as a schoolgirl as he went to change things up in the capital. Tirek scowled as Discord vanished, he turned to Shining, “If it is any consolation, I don’t trust him.”

Tirek then started towards the throne room. “Discord… you fool.” Shining attempted to get back up, but he couldn’t support himself. “You… poor fool.”

After walking deeper into the castle and finally reaching the throne room and drained the magic of the castle guard and staff as he went on his way. When he reached the throne room, Tirek saw Blueblood in front of doors with a court sword drawn. Before Tirek could say anything “I am Archduke Blueblood Vladimage the Seventh, better known as Prince Blueblood, of the house of Princess Platinum, nephew of the diarchs Princesses Celestia and Luna of The Everfree Principality of Mystica in Dream Valley!” Blueblood was preparing himself mentally to fight.

Tirek rolled his eyes, he was not shocked by the young man’s action. “Do yourself a favor and get out of my way!” Tirek ordered not impressed with his new challenger.

“To quote mother’s favorite uncle Jean Lu, ‘NO! A line must be drawn here!’” Blueblood said as he drew a line in the stone with his magic coming for the point of his blade. “‘This far, no further! And I will make you PAY for what you've done!’” Blueblood then turned to have his right side facing Tirek, as if to fence with the Spellthief. Blueblood took a few breaths as his magic started to encompass his sword’s blade. As he tried to focus on the upcoming fight his mind could only see one thing, the one woman he forced away from that he shouldn’t have, the one that might have been the one, the one that seemed to be like all the others but was fully unique, the ‘Rarity’ Blueblood whispered. “FOR RARITY!!!” The prince bellowed as a war cry as he charged Tirek.

Tirek didn’t move utterly befuddled at the sheer stupidity of this move, it wasn’t until the blade was actually in his gut that he snapped out of it. He then took Blueblood by the young man’s shoulders and opened his mouth to inhale. As he did so Blueblood’s magic was drained from him. TOnce Tirek has done with Blueblood, he threw the prince to the side and then pulled the sword out of him. After which he cast the blade to the side as well, with his right hand as he cast a healing spell upon himself with his left binding the wound. He then walked up to the door. He didn’t even bother to knock as he blasted it open with his stolen magic leaving the doors little more than splinters. Tirek saw the three demigoddesses and chuckled. “So you’re not going to run. Some would count you cowards for such actions.” As he held out his hands as he summoned a ball of magic to hover between them meant to extract the magic out of the princesses. After straining for five seconds with his focus on Cadance, he was befuddled that he was not draining any magic from her. After waiting the same amount of time with his focus on Luna, “What have you done?!” His frustration was starting to boil over. He tried Celestia and after another five seconds, the magic ball he summoned made its way back into him as he roared so loud all of the capital city shook in response “WHERE IS YOUR MAGIC?!

Celestia and Cadance turned to Luna with triumphant smirks on their faces and nodded to her, “Sorry Tirek, but your princess is in another castle.” Luna said as she too smirked triumphantly at Tirek. Tirek roared as he slammed his right hand into the castle wall.


At the exact moment, Tirek’s hand made contact with the wall Twilight was about to enter the Everfree Forest from the Chantalot side. She had not only been on her feet. She had tried teleportation, some levitation, and proper flying. Her teleportation was sporadic taking her farther than she wanted to go, her levitation lasted too long and her movements about when it was too forceful and her flying… well, the trail of light the same color as her hair with white stars in it was too obvious and she had a hard time controlling her flight. “I have to gain better control. I sure can't practice out here. But, I can't practice in Magiville either.And my friends don’t… Wait, our psychic link when we first used the Elements of Harmony and my Master-Familiar link with Spike." She smiled but then frowned as she realized something else, "But I would have to keep it short or else my new power could break them mentally. Okay, it has to be short and cover as much information as possible. Think, think, think.”

Twilight found a spot to sit down and think. “Okay, Discord is helping Tirek. Four words, short and to the point. I just hope I can deliver the message without causing too much damage to their minds.” Twilight took a few breaths and reach out to her friends using the link. “Spike, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, I …” Twilight started to ‘speak’ through the link.

What the BUCK!!!” Applejack shouted in great pain.

“OOOWWIEE! OOWWIEEE! OOWWIIEE!” Pinkie Pie screamed matching Applejack’s tone of pain.

“Make it STOP!!!” ordered Rainbow Dash.

Spike, Rarity, and Fluttershy all screamed in response. In that instant Twilight stopped, ending the attempt to communicate via their link. “Gaaahhh! That was a waste. I should’ve sent them a message through a dragon fire candle before I left! Stupid, stupid, stupid.” After a minute she calmed herself down. “I have to get to Magiville. Maybe Zecora might know of a potion that allows for more control of one’s power.”


After the sudden migraine-like pain vanished, Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash, who were at the school as part of the military history week. (Applejack was going to give a short lecture on paladins with regards to their roles, Rainbow Dash was going to give a lecture on the Wonderbolts, having been given the assignment from Spitfire because of how passionate Rainbow become of Wonderbolt history following her Reservice Exam. Rarity was going to cover changes in what soldiers wore over time.) The three looked at the students and Cheerilee, all of them concern. “Sorry about that, Sugarcubes.” Applejack said first trying to laugh it off.

“Was that Twilight trying to reach us through that psychic link?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“I think so, Darling. Something is most definitely wrong. We must evacuate the town.”

Applejack ran to the door, “Cheerilee, you get the kids to the sanctuary at the Temple. Apple Bloom, tell Big Mac tah ring the bell and Granny that Ah told yah. We’re gonna take care of the rest of the town. Rainbow go get Fluttershy tah help. Ah’ll get the garrison, Rarity yah get Pinkie and Spike. Move people, move, move, Move!” No one questioned the paladin and followed her instructions.


At the same time, Spike, Pinkie, and Fluttershy were in the marketplace. Fluttershy was getting supplies for the next month, Pinkie was stocking up for the next party and Spike was shopping for the first issue of the Hum Drum solo comic series. This week the three booths they were shopping at were next to each other. “What was that?” Fluttershy asked as she was the first of the three to recover.

“I think that was Twilight,” Spike commented.

“Hold on a second, let me…” Pinkie then lept out of the text but could not scroll to read anything before Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack was also recovering. Jumping back into the text of her scene. “That’s odd, I could usually go all the way back to the prologue. Curse you FOXHELM!!!”

“Um Pinkie, what are you talking about?” Fluttershy asked.

“And who are you shouting at? There’s nothing three feet in front of you, expect us.” Spike added.

Pinkie pulled out a massive megaphone, Spike and Fluttershy covered their ears. “ATTENTION SHOPPERS THIS IS A PINKIE ALARM! THIS IS NOT A DRILL! EVERYONE GET TO YOUR LOVED ONES, FRIENDS, ETC AND GO TO SWEET APPLE TEMPLE! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!” All the while Pinkie’s elbows and wrists were twitching in opposite directions of each other. What no one but Fluttershy noticed was that Pinkie was actually making them twitch. Everyone then began their evacuation to the sanctuary. Pinkie turned to Fluttershy, “You better head to your cottage and get Dashie here, Spike, go to The Golden Oak and tell Rarity, I am en route to help Applejack.” Pinkie was serious, not the comical over the top serious, legitimate serious. Fluttershy and Spike did not question.


Back in Chantalot, Tirek had taken Celestia’s throne as he looked down at the three demigods as they stood before him, they were battered and bruised with burns and other injuries on their bodies. “Well I must admit, you are a lot harder to break than I expected.”

“You know can’t get us to tell you where our magic by that torture or threatening our lives or any other means. You don’t care enough about our subjects to be bothered with killing them, and that would give Discord pause and a reason to rethink his life.” Celestia stated before she spat at Tirek’s feet, blood in the saliva. “And threatening to or inflicting pain on them is not going to work either as you don't care enough to follow through.” Despite their state, three princesses were adamant in their defiance.

Tirek chuckled at that, he had been given victory on a golden platter, while it didn’t have the demigods’ magic on the side, he wasn’t going to turn down this meal.“But in all seriousness, getting rid of your magic so that I cannot take it from you? That was your plan?” It wasn’t really a question, but a critic of his foe’s plan. “Oh Celestia, you have gone senile, even though you haven’t aged a day.” Tirek chuckled at this and the scowl of defiance on Celestia reducing in its intensity as she had nothing to say to insult Tirek threw her. Tirek then clapped his hands and three orbs orange in color appeared and in each was an image of either Skyborn, Earthborn, and Magicborn. “How does it feel, knowing that soon, every Skyborn, Magicborn, and Earthborn will bow to my will and that there is nothing you can do to stop me?” Tirek then clapped his hands once and the three orbs shattered.

“You cannot win unless you have our magic, Tirek. Without it, you will not prevail.” Celestia challenged the Spellthief, “Especially with Discord still able to question his loyalty.”

Tirek was aware of Discord’s potential threat to him, but he had a plan, it would have been easier with the power of the demigods but he was not shaken. He clapped his hands again as a portal to Tartarus opened under Celestia, Luna, and Cadance, “Give my regards to Kerberos, Tia.” After the three feel through he clapped once again and the portal closed. Tirek smirked and started walking down the hallway in the throne room actually looking at the windows, the banishment of Nightmare Moon, her return and the restoration of Luna, the encasing of Discord, his escape, capture and reformation, the invasion of Chrysalis, the banishing of Sombra and his defeat by Spike and the Crystal Heart, the Tree of Harmony granting and then receiving the Elements of Harmony. He stopped at the window showing his banishment to Tartarus, and blasted it, shattering it into millions of pieces.

“You meant our will, didn't you?” came Discord’s voice as he walked through the open window. Noticing the broken glass, “Oh this will never do.” Discord then snapped his paw and the window was restored but changed to show Tirek and Discord holding aloft a sword and a long roll of bread in a very buddy-buddy state.

Tirek elected to ignore his allies action as he came up with an answer, “It’s hard to speak for you when you’re not in the room or if I don’t know if you are.” Discord seemed to buy the lie as he floated to another window looking for ways to inject some glorious chaos into it. Tirek knew he needed to convince Discord that they were both allies, he needed him just a little longer, “I have something for you.” Discord turn to Tirek as the Spellthief took off a triangle shaped amulet. As he handed it to Discord, “This was given to me by someone that was very close to me. I give it to you as a sign of my gratitude.”

Discord had his head pop off as he let the string of the amulet fall around his neck, only for his head to screw back on once he fully accepted it. “Oh, my! I do love a good accessory. I suppose that's Rarity's influence.” Discord then snapped a full body mirror and started to make poses to ‘show-off’ his new amulet.

Tirek could not help but have a good laugh at Discord’s antics and he started to walk the hallway again, “Amusing. But we have no time for such things. Even without their magic, with the princesses out of the way, there is noth–” Tirek paused as he looked at a window showing Twilight’s ascension into her demigod state. Turning to Discord, assuming it was some sort of joke on the Erisadies’ part, “ is this meant to be humorous?!” there looked to be a vein or an artery along his forehead that looked like it was about to burst.

Discord turned to Tirek and waving his paw and talon to the sides like someone denying and action, “Oh, no, I haven't touched that one yet,” the embodiment of chaos lied, he knew Tirek was a bigger threat than anyone or anything else, he too knew better than to trust his partner fully at all other points.

Tirek started to massage his head to both calm down and get the pressure off of the vein or artery, scowling at Discord all the while, “There are four? And you did not tell me?!”

“Well Luna did say that and I quote, “Your princess is in another castle” unquote,” Discord said as dressed in a mockery of Luna’s gothic gown, after changing out of that, “Now I get that she might have been trolling you…”

“Trolling…” Tirek asked.

Discord snapped his paw and a dictionary appeared in front of Tirek, “Look at the informal definitions.” As Tirek read the entry, “Now where was I… Oh yes. Luna might have been trolling you, but I just needed some assurance that you truly considered this a team effort.” As Tirek finished the book and turned back to Discord after throwing the book away, Discord pointed to the amulet, “And now I have it.”

Tirek took a deep breath to calm down, “Then where can we find this fourth princess? Where is her castle?”

“Castle?” Discord fell to the floor and started rolling on it laughing so loud it shook the hallway, after a solid minute and getting back to her feet, “No, Princess Twilight lives above a library in Magiville. Castle?” Discord laughed again as he started to float away.

Tirek scowled at the window and then started to chuckle, “Not for much longer,” and placed his right hand on the window and melted it.


Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Spike meet up just outside of the Golden Oak. “Alright, yall. Ah, think that’s everyone. We best get tah the temple and seal it up, Ah hope Princess Celestia’s faith in Discord is well founded. No offense, Sugarcube.” Applejack said the last part to Fluttershy.

The druid shook her head, again none of her friends were giving Discord a chance, “I'm sure Discord will catch Tirek and this will all be over soon.” Fluttershy’s faith was absolute.

“I bet he’s taking his sweet time,” Rainbow said rolling her eyes, earning her a few glares from her friends.

Before Fluttershy could speak on Discord’s defense, “Or perhaps these things just take time.” Everyone turned to see Discord in his ‘post-reformation’ form his arms crossed as if he was insulted.

Fluttershy gasped and dove at Discord and the two shared a hug, “You're back!” After a few seconds, she broke the hug, “Well it’s Tuesday, did you bring the cucumber sandwiches?”

Discord smiled as he snapped his left hand and a platter of cucumber sandwiches, enough for all five the women and some emerald sandwiches for Spike, “I did. I imagine they'll be your last decent meal for quite some time.” Everyone was baffled at that comment before they were placed in a metal cage. They all gave various exclamations as Discord took his original form, “Ta-da!”

Just then Tirek walked from the shadows of the buildings he was hiding in, his staff in his left hand, “You've gathered up all of them?” Tirek asked as he mentally counted the party of five and Spike while starting to see four more of the six mages that confronted him before. The pink-haired jester, while an Earthborn, looked so much like the blonde Skyborn Surprise, it was like they were cut from the same cloth. The Skyborn with hair like a rainbow had a temper much like Firefly, the Earthborn paladin was very much like the cleric Applejack as she held a crying Fluttershy, and finally, the Magicborn dressed in white was shockingly similar to Sparkler.

Discord pointed to each in reverse order of the one Tirek noted the group, “Rarity, Fluttershy, Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie. And Twilight’s little dragon, too.” Spike chomped at Discord’s paw, barely missing it as Discord pulled it back before Discord snapped and had a muzzle on the dragon.

Crying over the betrayal at the hand of Discord, Fluttershy turned to him, “Why are you doing this? I thought we were friends!”

“Oh, we were.” Discord said as he leaned on the cage and had his talons filed for a second. “But Tirek offered me so much more than just tea parties. Surely you saw this coming.”

The tears didn’t stop as she turned into Applejack’s shoulder, “I didn't. I really didn't.” All the while the scowls on the others more or less said that they were waiting for Discord to stab them in the back like he just did.

Tirek pointed his staff at the five young women and the dragon and started to drain them of their magic. Once their magic was drained, Tirek absolved the magic and seemed to become much like a man in his late thirties. All the while Discord, for reasons he could not understand why, looked away dipping his head and closing his eyes in guilt. Once Tirek was done, he turned to Discord, “You really think she'd do anything for them?”

“If Twilight has magic to give, it will be yours.” Discord clenched his fist, almost assured of the two’s victory. “Soon there won't be a single person who will be able to stand up against us.”

Tirek tilted his head to his right, slightly confused, or how Discord viewed it, “Us? Who said anything about us?”

“You did…” it was then that Discord started to connect the dots, “didn’t…”.

Discord was soon encased with orange magic he struggled to get out but it would not give, it was if he was in a pocket of pure order, “You've helped me grow strong, you've provided the means by which I can obtain all of Mystica’s magic, and now you are of no use to me.” Tirek then drew a magic circle with his right hand in the air and drew all of the magic out of Discord like he did all of Mystica thus far. Discord shifted from his normal form into the human form he has been taking since his ‘reformation’ and then into a normal human with only his pants only as normal people would wear. Tirek himself then seemed to become like an early thirty-year-old version of himself, “It’s nothing personal, but no one should ever trust the people that betray his enemies to him, it’s only a matter of time before the traitor betrays him.”

Discord fell to his knees and then to his hands as he struggled to get back up he looked to Tirek his eyes glazed over, his spirit broken, “But you said this was a sign of our fraternity, of your gratitude. A gift from someone close to you.”

“My brother who betrayed me.” Tirek scoffed as he picked up the weakened Discord and shoved him into the cage. As he shut it and started towards Sweet Apple Temple, “It is as worthless as he is.”

As Tirek was gone Applejack turned to Discord, while still holding Fluttershy as she still cried over everything Discord just did, “ Surely ya saw this comin'?”

Discord dipped his head back down as realized in his master plan to see what was in the box he ignored a basic tenet of conquest, never trust someone that betrays your foes to you. As he realized that he too could be played like a fiddle, “I didn't. I truly didn't,” he cried weakly.