• Published 31st Jan 2017
  • 1,786 Views, 22 Comments

DigiDestined of Harmony: Digital World Chaos - Masters-of-the-Elements



When Twilight, her student and friends are sent to a mysterious world, they will need to time up with amazing creatures to very many worlds.

  • ...
2
 22
 1,786

The Rock that digs up Memories

DigiDestined of Harmony:
Digital World Chaos:
The Rocks That Digs up Memories


“Renamon-,” Twilight began politely but was interrupted by a certain pink hair former pony.

“Silly Twilight, call her Storm,” Pinkie said playfully.

“…Right,” the young princess replied awkwardly, and cleared her throat before addressing the fox-like digimon, “Can I ask you a few things…Storm?”

Storm looked around the large, open area the group found themselves in, checking the few hiding places that were in eyesight. When she was certain there were no surprises, she looked at the former alicorn and said, “I don’t see why not. But we shouldn’t linger long; our window isn’t that large to begin with.”

The princess from another land nodded and thought back to the idea the otherworldly creature lay out; Storm had explained to the mismatch group about the supplies drops that the world’s leader, Lord Drakemoon, have order to be delivered to the remaining towns, and how one would be arriving within the next day and half to the overseer’s fortress. Storm figured that when the overseer would ship Starlight out.

The plan was to sneak into the fortress and grab Starlight before she’s was ship to LordDrakemon’s own fortress. The only problem with that plan was distance; the overseer’s fortress was a two and half day hick from the group’s current location, and that meant they wouldn’t make it to the transport before it left. Thankfully, the train that delivered the supplies had a stop at a nearby town, and was a four hour hike to that town.

Twilight gave her head a quick shake, and looked at Storm. “Maybe we should walk and talk?” the young princess suggested and Storm nodded.

The group resumed their hick, taking in the sights while keeping an eye out for any signs of trouble. But that didn’t stop the former ponies from talking to their new partners to try and get to know them better.

“So, young princess, what did you want to ask me?” Storm asked politely.

“Umm, you can call me Twilight,” the former unicorn/alicorn said with noticeable blush on her cheeks, and the digimon nodded her understanding. Twilight took a quick breath, to gather her thoughts before asking, “I’m just been curious about these mutant-type digimon, you didn’t get to go further with your explanation before we were interrupted.”

Storm nodded and looked at the Salamon by the princess’s side, “Like I told you before, mutant-types had many powers non-mutants don’t. At the same time, mutants can also have a trait that may work against them, like being able to digivolve in a certain way.”

Twilight looked at the puppy-like digimon at her side and focused at the markings on her ears. In truth, she was still a little lost on this whole digivolving process, but that didn’t stop her curious mind from wandering more. She only wished she had a quill and some paper to write all of this fascinating stuff down.

The young princess suddenly gasped and looked at the computer in her hands. She remembered that she could write things down on this device, and stumbled to open it. She dropped it nearly three times as she searched for the program she wanted. She began to type slowly, mainly due to her still somewhat unfamiliar with her body, but she was determined and soon had gained enough experience with her fingers to type slowly.

Once she was finished typing down this information and saw something called “autosave” flashing, she turned back to the fox-like digimon. “You have already informed us of this already, but I’m still confused about the other abilities mutant-types process. Can you explain it in more detail?”

Storm nodded and said, “Remember that Maramon Pinkie and I fought?” Twilight couldn’t hide the shiver that went down her back as she nodded, telling Storm to continue. “Well, he must have absorbed a mutant that allowed it to control his own energies to a certain degree. Normally, a Maramon wouldn’t be able to do what that Maramon showed us during our fight.”

Twilight nodded feverishly as she frantically typed on her computer. The large group stopped and waited on the young princess to finish. Once Twilight had written everything she just lean, she looked at Storm with curious gleam to her eyes.

“Can I ask you one more thing before we get moving?” Twilight asked and Storm nodded. “What did you say when Maramon began to attack, something about a chip.”

Storm reached into her right glove and took something out. The fox-like creature handed the small chip to the transformed princess. Twilight studied the item, looking at the orange leaf-like image curved into the surface with a strange character couldn’t identify.

“That is called a D-chip,” Storm said, as if reading Twilight’s thoughts. “It can temporarily rewrite a Digimon’s data to give them special abilities. The one you are holding is a Grade 0 healing chip.”

Twilight was awestruck at the power that such a little item could carry. Her mouth opened into an O shape when she realized something and looked at Storm. While digivolving to her next state had seemed too sped up her own healing, there were still signs of the trauma she experienced during her travels, most notable her scar across her eye.

Storm must have sensed the princess of Friendship thoughts, as she gave her a somewhat sad smile. “That’s a grade 0 chip, so it wouldn’t be very effect on a rookie-level digimon like myself.”

Twilight looked at the chip again, slightly confused by a few things, but realized she didn’t have time to dwell on anything and returned the chip to the right owner. Storm just slipped the chip back into her glove, and without a word, the group resumed their hick.


(…)


“Darling, is there any place we could rest,” Rarity whined as she looked down at her shoes, “These are highly fashionable but they aren’t made for long travels.”

“Rarity, we only been hiking for two hours, you can’t possibly be that tired,” Rainbow Dash said in a competitive tone. “I can go for another six hours, tops!”

The fashion designer leveled a glare in the Wonderbolt direction and said Wonderbolt returned the favor. Before anything could get out-of-hand, Gabumon got between his partner and her friend.

“Please, friends shouldn’t fight,” the digimon with the fur pelt said in a shy tone.

The former unicorn and Pegasus looked at the digimon and Gabumon looked at the ground shyly. Rarity, after a brief pause, smiled and patted the digimon on the head affectively.

“We’re not fighting, dear,” Rarity said, using the tone she uses when talking to her little sister. “We’re just tired.”

Gabumon smiled a small smile and wrapped his partner’s leg in a tight hug. Rarity’s smile grew a little as she continue to pat the strange creature on the head. In a weird way, Gabumon reminded Rarity a lot about how Sweetie used to be behaved, before meeting her two best friends and helping her to come out of her shell.

The fashinata and her partner separated when they heard Storm addressing the group.

“If you like, there’s a farm just close by. They’re quite friendly, I had stayed with them before.”

“what kind of farm is it?” Salamon inquired.

Storm smiled at the puppy digimon and said in a motherly fashion, “It's a rock farm that specialize in farming what is called forever ice rocks.”

This naturally made the entire group confused...what were these forever ice rock they friend were talking about? Well, one in the group wasn’t confused, Pinkie Pie just squealed in happiness and began jumping in place.

“Ow, Maud would love a ice rock that would always be super-duper cold!” The pink party planner exclaimed excitedly, and before any pony could say anything, she took off.

The group watched Pinkie left a dust cloud in her wake, and Storm looked at Twilight like she wanted to say something. Whatever she wanted to say was lost when she suddenly yelp and fall flat onto her face The group watched as the fox-like digimon was dragged across the ground thanks to a rope that was tired to her tail and the other end held by Pinkie.

The digimon looked at their partners with a where-did-she-get-that rope question in their large eyes. The transformed ponies exchanged looks before looking at their new partners.

“Darlings, we learned quite a way ago not to question Pinkie,” Rarity said casually. “Now, we mustn’t linger.”

With that said, the group hurried after Pinkie and Storm. It take long for the group to reach the farm that Storm told them about, and what they saw caused their mouths to drop open.

Before they stood a farm...or what remains of one. The main building, a barn which looked a lot like the one on Sweet apple acres, had several holes in it and some even still were still smoking. To the right of the barn, was the remains of a small storage shed, now just smoldering rumble.

Probably the biggest damage was to the fields to the left of the barn, they were bare, with only a few forever ice rock left in the ground. And to top things off, there were several large holes, some smoking even.

The entire group stood there, staring at the carnage before them. They wanted nothing more than to jump in and help whatever poor digimon that was caught in this mess.

Yet, none move, they all just stood there with their mouths hanging open. Well, nearly everyone was in shock, but no one saw as a certain farmer’s jaw become set and her hands balled into tight fists.

It felt like an eternal past before someone said something.

“Why the hay are we are we just standing around here for?” Rainbow Dash exclaimed. “let’s get down there and help!!”

Out of habit, the transformed pegasus jumped into the air and tried to zoom down to the farm using her wings. She hit the ground hard because she had forgotten that she no longer had her wings. But that simple action was enough to get every ponies out of their stupor and proceed to farm to offer their help.

Only Applejack remained rooted in place, eyes never leaving the farm. This didn’t go unnoticed be her partner digimon, as Terriermon tipped the apple farmer on ankles.

“You okay, cowgirl?” the bunny/dog digimon asked in concern.

For a moment, the transformed pony didn’t respond, she just put her hat on her head and angled it so most of her face was hidden by the shadow the item cast.

“Ah fine,” Applejack replied quietly and picked up the bunny/dog as she follow after her friends.

(....)

“This isn’t as bad as I first thought,” Twilight state as she seriva the damage up close. “The biggest damage seems to be the shed and the fields.”

If you say so,” Applejack said monotonically.

Twilight looked at her friend, concern by this sudden change in the usually upbeat farmer. The young princess notice the change in Applejack about the time they reached the farm, but didn’t want to jump to any collisions just yet. Plus, she had more pressing matters to attend to, like finding any digimon

“We’re found someone!” the voice of Veemon shouted.

Twilight, Salamon, Applejack and Terriermon broke into a light sprint and hurried to the back of the barn. The group came upon their friends and two unconscious digimon leaning against a wall of the barn.

The two were humanoid in appearance and were roughly the height of the transformed ponies, though it was hard to tell due to them sitting on the ground.

The digimon on the right was clearly a female, and was wearing a purple kimono that reached to her ankles. The sleeves were short reaching to the elbows and the shoulders were exposed. The digimon wasn’t wearing any type of footwear, and wotr thin, metal bands on her wrists. Her mane was tied into a short ponytail with large bangs hanging off the sides of her head, which highlighted her face somewhat.

On the kimono was a unique symbol; the symbol was basically a square with two lines sticking out of the bottom and top. The line ended in short ratingles, and the entire thing was covered in what made someone think of a lamp shade.

The male digimon next to the female looked very similar in design. He wore a blue, sleeveless tunic and yellow pants. He also wore metallic boots and thin metal band similar to the ones that the female wore. His face was covered by a metallic gray faceplate, and there was a small beetle horn sticking out of his forehead.

Like the female digimon, the male’s outfit was covered in a strange symbol. This symbol was a large dot in a circle, magnet shape on the top and line on top of that.

Twilight looked between the two, wonder when they would wake up so she could ask them for their names and what happened here, when she heard a beeping noise. She lifted the arm which held that band that appeared with her device, and was shocked a light shine from the top of the brace and soon an three-dimensional image appeared over the item. The young princess was more shocked when she saw information appear aside a picture of the female digimon.

“Demi-Kazemon, the newly discovered child form of the legendary warrior Kazemon,” Twilight read outloud. “While she lacks the skills and refinement of her older self, she make up for it with her high spirits and great determination.”

Twilight pointed her brace at the male digimon, and it beeped as the image and information changed.

“Hornmon, the child form of another legendary warrior. While he doesn’t process the strength of his older forms, he can still can be force to not be taken lightly, when his friends are in danger.”

Twilight lowered her arms and studied the digimon. Say for a few cuts and bruises, the two were virtually unharmed, and they were coming to.

Hornmon opened his eyes and look around. His body tensed when he saw the group of humans and digimon looking down at him. His horn began to charge with electricity, and, sensing danger, the group took a step back.

“Listen,” Twilight said in claiming voice, “We don’t mean you any harm. I’m Princess Twilight Sparkle, my friends and I just want to help.”

The transformed alicorn than listed off her friends and their partners, but her words didn’t bring any comfort to the scared digimon. If anything, he began more scared as he struggle to stand and tried to attack the group. Thankfully, Storm got in front of the group, but kept herself in relax stance as she stare into the bug-like digimon’s eyes. Hornmon recognized Storm and relaxed, allowing the energy on his horn to die down.

“I know you,” Hornmon said in a hoarse voice. “You had stayed at my farm a few times.”

Storm nodded and looked ready to say something, but was interrupted by Applejack, who spoke in an uncharastically harsh tone.

“What happened here?”

The transformed ponies looked at their friend awkwardly. Where she was always forward with a lot of ponies, she rarely use such a tone as the one she just used. But Applejack ignored her friends’ eyes and kept her focus on the injured digimon. Hornmon, however, didn’t find fault with the young human’s tone, and he began to explain things as he checked on Demi-Kazemon.

“I really can’t say what happened. A small group from the Gobi-Gotsu united front suddenly attacked. I didn’t have time to gather myself before they starting their attack. Luckily, my wife and I weren’t hurt to badly...are you okay, dear?”

As Hornmon was busy tending to his wife, the transformed ponies and their partners turned to Storm for information. The fox digimon took a moment to collect her thoughts before the group.

“I have heard of this united front. The group is just one large gathering of two digimon named Goblimon and Gotsumon. They are really nothing but thugs and thieves, attacking and plundering the small towns and settlements in this area. But I find this attack a little unusual.”

“Why that?” Wormmon asked meekly.

“Because, outside a few spa uses and food storage, forever ice rocks doesn’t have much value. So why did a bunch thieves steal something so useless?”

The transformed ponies and their partners exchange looks. While this world was still new to them, Storm made her explanation very easy to understand and that got them brainstorming as to why thieves would want something so worthless. While the group was busy brainstorming, Applejack got close to the warrior couple.

“Do you know if these vermits have a place they hang their hats?” the farmer asked in a harsh whisper.

Hornmon looked at the transformed Earth pony and saw the fire hidden in her eyes. Though hesitant, the young warrior knew that there was probably no talking the young one out of the action she was probably planning.

“I believe the bandits have a small campsite west of this location,” Hornmon told the young “human” reluctantly. “But since the attack was a while ago, the bandits had probably moved on.”

That was all Applejack needed to hear. She looked at the group, and was pleased that her friends were still talking among themselves. She smiled a cold smile as she used this to sneak Terriermon and herself out without everyone noticing. Well, that wasn’t entirely true; Twilight did manage to catch Applejack leaving when she noticed she wasn’t with them.

The young princess decided to let her friend be for the time being, to sort out whatever she was going through.

(...)

As Applejack made her way west of the ice rock farm, memories from her childhood began to flood her mind. She remember, when she was a filly just a few years older than Applebloom, coming home from school and showing her mom the picture she made in class and ecstatic Butter Cup pinning the picture on their fridge.

She next recalled how she would eagerly helped her father in the field, and if they get their chores done early, they would spent the rest of the day playing. A bitter and sad smile crossed the farmer’s lips as she remembered the picnic she had with her family shortly after Applebloom was born.

Applejack’s smile was quickly replaced with a bitter scrawl as the next memory came to light. She recalled the beaten and bruised bodies of her parents laying the ground in front of their barn. The barn itself was in poor shape, with numerous holes in it and a quickly growing fire that threaten to consume the barn at any minute.

Applejack was brought out of her sorrowful flashback before she get to the worse part of that old memory when she felt something tipping her cheek. She turned her head to the right and saw Terriermon, perched on her shoulder, looking really worried.

“You sure you’re doing good, cowgirl?” the bunny/dog digimon asked in concern.

Applejack was about to say something when a noise caught her attention. Quickly ducking behind a large stone tree, the transformed pony peeked her head out. What she saw both fascinated her and confused her. There was a group of six digimon out in the open. The group was split in half; three were green goblin-like creatures with red mohawks, wearing a dirty brown loincloth and matching vest, and wielding wooden clubs. The other digimon was just a mess of loving rocks made up a humanoid shape.

Apple looked at the group and wondered if this was the one she has been seeking for the last twenty minutes? She heard a beep and looked at the brace at her wrist. She remembered what Twilight did earlier and aimed the item at goblin-like digimon.

“Goblimon, an evil virus digimon known for hunting in packs and it rather low intelligence, and its even shorter attention span.” Applejack turned her brace to the rock digimon and it information popped up a second later. “Gotsumon, the rock digimon. It’s cheerful and mischievous personality hides it explosive temper.”

Applejack lowered her ars and looked at the group. If this was the group that raided the farm, why were they still so close. The farm couldn’t be more than a couple yards away, so how come they aren’t further away?

“So what do you think cowgirl?” Terriermon inquired curiously. “Are these the guys that rough up that couple.”

Applejack couldn’t be sure, she still found it weird that the bandits were still so close to the farm they just raided. So she decided the best of course of action was to pull a “Twilight” as her friends like to call it and gain a little more information before she proceeded.

The apple farmer took her partner in her hands and kept herself low to the ground as she tiptoed closer to the group. Lucky for her, there was a rock formation large enough to hide her and close enough that she could listen to the bandits.

“I hope the boss get done with his business soon,” one of the Gotsumon said, clearly tense. “I don’t like being so close to one of the place we just stole from.”

“Don’t worry your rocky head off,” a Goblimon said causally. “With the beating the boss gave those so-called “warriors,” I wouldn’t bet on them coming after us.”

Yeah,” a second Goblimon chimed arrogantly. “The way the boss rough up that Hornmon was really fun to watch. To bad we’re in a hurry, or I would have stayed and given those so-called “warriors” a little something extra to remember us by.”

The Goblimon began to laugh cruelly and soon the Goblimon joined their friend and together, their laugh turned into boasting. They talked about they were going to do to the warrior couple if they had been given the chance, and every word Applejack heard was making her blood boil. She couldn’t stand how causally these verimts were talking about ruining both the lives and the livelihood of the couple. And with each new thing she heard, her anger jump to a height she thought she wasn’t capable of reaching.

At the same time, the farmer wasn’t aware of the slight glow that outlined her hands. Terriermon noticed and was about to say something, when a Goblimon said something that sent the apple farmer into a rage.

“Well, if you ask me, we did these so-call “Warriors” a favor by only damaging their farm in the way we did. Maybe now they were would grow something better so we could get a little extra cash next time we show up!”

The three Goblimon began to laugh boastfully, and that laugh was the last straw for Applejack. With a roar of pure rage, the transformed pony jumped from her hiding spot, and ran towards the Goblimon. The farmer’s fists became engulfed in a orange aura as she thrust her right fist forward and connected with a Goblin's face. The goblimon digimon fell hard onto the ground with a dazed look on it face.

The other two Goblimon and the lone Gotsumon, as the others rock digimon had mysterious vanished, look at the human in confusion as Applejack spun around on her heel and sent a Goblimon to the ground with a solid backhand. She delivered a strong karate chop to the third Goblimon forehead to knock him flat on his back.

Applejack turned and looked at the rock-like digimon darkly, as the Gotsumon began to back away from the enraged transformed pony. Applejack was so focused on the rock digimon in front of her, she failed to see the other two Gotsumon coming in from her right. Thankfully, she wasn’t alone, as Terriermon jumped in front of her and began spinning.

“Terrier tornado!” The farmer looked behind her just as the bunny/dog digimon sent the mini tornado at the two rock digimon that knocked them flat on their butts. Terriermon looked at her partner with a cocky grin. “I got your back, cowgirl.”

Applejack couldn’t help but by infected by her partner’s cockiness. Together she felt like their could take on these vermits and got some needed justice to that couple. The confidence she was feeling was suddenly lost when a booming voice filled her ears.

“What the heck are you doing to my boyz?”

Applejack could feel her dread growing as the digimon the voice belong to come into view, and began to realize that she might be in over her head.

(...)

“Rarity can I ask a favor?” Twilight asked, as she took a seat at the table.

The fashionista looked up from the curtain was trying to mend with DemiKazemon’s help and smiled at her friend. “what can I help you with, darling?” she asked calmly

The young princess fidget slightly as she took out the goggle that belonged to her student and gently set them on the table.

“I was wondering if you can fix the band on these?” Twilight asked.

“Hmm…” Rarity took the item off the table and gingerly ran her thumbs across the elastic band. “Elastic is one of the more difficult fabrics to mend. It would be easier to the replace it.”

the transformed unicorn look at her host and held out the goggles.

“Dear, do you know if you have an elastic on hoof, prefurred one in this shade of purple?” Rarity asked politely.

The young warrior looked at the item in her guest’s hand and than at Rarity. “We do have elastic lying around, but I don’t think we have any in color you want.”

Rarity looked at the item in hand and was stuck by an idea. “Do you have dyes?” she asked calmly, and DemiKazemon nodded. “Than could I trouble you bring me those items?”

“After you and your friends helped my husband and I, it the least I do,” DemiKazemon replied with motherly smile as she got up from the table.

Rarity smiled gently and looked at her digimon partner. “Gabumon…” the transformed pony frown as she recalled finding an unconscious farm hoof who just happened to be another Gabumon. “Hmm, Pinkie may had the right idea with giving our partner’s nicknames, to help identify you more easily.”

She studied her digimon partner, and took in everything about the shy digimon; from his lizard-like body, to his wolf-like fur pelt. Rarity smile ear to ear as a fitting nickname popped into head.

“What do you think of the name Frost, dear?” Rarity asked kindly.

The pelt wearing digimon looked at his partner with a small, shy smile and said, “I like it.”

Rarity couldn’t help but giggle at her partner’s shyness before asking, “Would you like to learn how to dye fabrics?”

“I would,” Frost replied shyly, which caused Rarity to giggle some more.

Twilight watched this entire exchange with a soft smile, and looked down at Salamon. It still amazed her how fast her friends were bonding with their new partners. She made a note to write down a report on this matter when things had settled.

The young princess turned her attention back to her friend when Rarity began talking to her.

“Now daring, what’s on your mind?” the designer asked curiously.

Twilight blinked in surprise and said with a squeak in her voice, “I am really that transparent?”

Rarity just laugh lightly and want back to figuring how to use her hands to feed a strain of fabric through a needle head. “I would like to believe I have known you long enough to see when you have something on your mind.”

Twilight sighed as she picked up her digimon partner and sit her on her lap. She began patting the dog digimon on the head and Salmon quickly dozed off into a light slumber, as Twilight gathered her thoughts.

“It just, I notices how Applejack been acting since we came here, and I was wondering why,” the young princess said, after a moment pause.

The humor suddenly died from Rarity’s eyes and she set the needle down on the table. she sighed heavily and stared at the items on the table. Twilight looked at her friend and waited for her to gather thoughts.

“I think seeing the state of this farm brought back a lot of unpleasantries for our dear Applejack,” Rarity spoke quietly, after a long and awkward silence.

“what do you mean?” twilight asked uncertainty.

Rarity sigh sadly and picked up her needle and thread. “It’s not easy to talk about, but one night a strange group of creatures wandered into Sweet Apple Acres, and tried to steal from the apple family. Applejack’s parents confronted the bandits and the ensuing fight started a fire.”

Twilight gasp just loud enough to wake her partner and Salamon looked at the transformed alicorn in slight confusion.

“I had about something like that happening,” Twilight said slowly, “But I always thought it was a creature from the Everfree Forest that caused it.”

“What’s the Everfree frost?” Frost asked curiously.

Rarity chuckled a mirthless chuckle and patted her partner on the head. “It just a place from my world, darling,” she replied and then looked at Twilight. “What happened next truly horrified everypony in Ponyville.”

Twilight swallowed the lump that formed in her throat as she silently gestured for her friend to continue.

“The fire did scare the bandits away, but it spread quick and soon the entire barn was engulf by the blaze. The entire matter was made worse when the apples realized young Applebloom was in the building.”

A round of gasp want around the room, but the loudest came from the transformed pony princess. The designer looked at her friend as Twilight began to put the pieces together.

“They went into the building, didn’t they?” Twilight said breathlessly.

Rarity nodded as her face grew dark. “They managed to get the little darling out, but they suffered grievous injuries. By the time help arrived, it was far too late, the apples had sub-come to their injuries,” she said quietly.

The room fell into a tense silence after that, as DemiKazemon returned with the items Rarity requested. The transformed unicorn thanked the digimon and she got to work right away. She first showed Forst the best way to dye elastic and then she turned her attention to the goggles on the table.

Twilight was deep in thought about everything she just learned and came to a few of her own ends. The story Applejack told Applebloom and her friends so long ago didn’t sit right in her, in a certain way, but now she knew the whole picture and it just made her a little more sad, when she realized the real reason Applejack left Ponyville when she was a filly.

The young princess decided that when her friend returns, she would give her a big hug.

(...)

“Now than, tell why you been roughing up my boyz,” the green digimon asked menacingly, glaring at the apple farmer and her digimon partner.

The digimon in question made Applejack think of an uglier version of the Goblimon she and Terriermon has been roughing up. The digimon had arms that were nearly as long as its body and both wrists were wrapped; the right wrist was covered in leather and the left wrist was wrapped in cloths.

Strangely, the ankles of the digimon were wrapped in the same material, only on the opposite ankle. The digimon was wearing a thigh high leather skirt, and carrying spiked, bone club in it right hand. probably the most striking features on the digimon was the metal spike on its shoulders, it long jaw with jagged teeth showing and a long fang sticking out of each side of the mouth and its long white hair.

Applejack aimed her brace at the digimon and it data appeared a second later. “Ogremon. A virus digimon known for it fierce temper and ever fiercer will to seek out stronger opponents to prove it strength.”

“Huh, a DigiDestined,” Ogremon said nonchalantly. “I didn’t think there was any left after the world starting to go to the pot.”

Applejack cocked an eyebrow at the term “DigiDestined”, but choose to ignore it for the time being as Oremon took a step forward and pointed it club at the farmer.

“How about you tell me why you’re laying a beating on my crew, and I might just go easy on you,” the ogrish digimon stated threateningly.

Applejack, despite the anger was feeling at the moment, choose to keep her mouth shut. Terriermon was a different story, however.

“Hey, tall, dark and urgly, why did you attack that farm?” the bunny/dog digimon asked pointedly.

At first, Ogremon seem a bit angry and confused, but it wasn’t long before his confusion cleared up and he began laughing in cold manner.

“HAHAHA, that worthless pot of land,” the green virus digimon said arrogantly. “I did that lamb couple a favor, if you ask me. What’s more more useless than chucks of ice that never melt, farmer, that’s what! Maybe now that I did a number on their land, they should just pack up and leave.”

Well, that was it for Applejack, hearing the ogre disrespecting the farming professional and calling the couple running the farm lame, was enough to set the transformed earth pony into a rage once again.

She roared angrily as she charged at Ogremon, her fists lighting up in that same aura from before. She jumped up and tried to punch the digimon right between the eyes. Ogremon cocked an eyebrow and sidestep to the right.

The blonde hair girl could only gasp as she flew past the digimon and said digimon drove his elbow into her back. Applejack hit the ground hard and felt all the air escape her lungs, making her head spin a little.

“Ha, little girl, you really thought you could take me on,” Ogremon said mockingly, as he raised his club over his head, “But no human is match for me.”

The virus digimon was about to swing his club down when a small tornado stop him. He look to his right just as Terriermon rushed the larger digimon.

“Bunny blast!” rookie digimon screamed as he fire green energy pullets from his mouth.

Ogremon just brought his club up and block the attack. He next thrust his free arm forward, his fist glowing purple.

“Pummel whack!” the ogrish digimon screamed as a purple energy face came flying out of his fist.

Terriermon wasn’t able to react in time and took the full force of the attack. He screamed as he sent flying through the air and landed hard on his back. With the wind knocked out of him, the bunny/dog digimon struggle to get to his feet as Ogremon strolled up to him.

“Ha, I don’t know what today is, but you puny digimon and human thought you can take me on?” Orgemon sneered mockingly, as grabbed Terriermon by the ears and lifted him up to his eye level. “But you’re a hundred year too young to take on the great and powerful Orgemon.”

Applejack finally gathered her wits and got onto her hands and knees, and looked in time to see Orgemon raise his club, ready to deal the finishing blow. She became rooted in place as she flashed back to the night of her parents’ death. She still remember the strange bird-like creatures as they loomed over her parents, broken and beaten, and in an act of desperation, she had thrown a lamp into a nearby hay barrel, in hopes that the fire would drive the creatures off.

The trick worked and the creatures fleed. Unfortunately, the fire quickly spread...and, she was snapped back to reality when she heard a cry and saw as Terriermon managed to get on final hit, right in Ogremon's face. But all it did was irritate the virus and he threw Terriermon to the ground. She watched as Ogremon kicked the beaten digimon a few times before he raised his club high ready to finish what he started.

Not again, Applejack thought, as her anger began to flare.

That night continue to flash across Applejack’s eyes and this caused her anger to grow. When she saw the club going down, her anger reached it peak, and with an angry cry jump to her feet and charged. Orange energy in the shape of squares exploded around the farmer’s hands as she punched Orgemon’s in the face.

The virus digimon was sent flying to the side, dazed by sudden attack. Applejack used to this time check on her partner. She was relieved when she saw that Terriermon was battered and bruised but was otherwise unharmed.

“Ah’m sorry,” Applejack said regretfully. “Ah made a mass of things again. Ah didn’t mean to get you hurt.”

Applejack just closed her eyes tight as the tears began to flow. She had become so lost in that old memory that has she couldn’t see anything in front of her, and this has cast her once again.

“Ah’m just the worse,” Applejack muttered to herself.

“Did anyone tell you tears are cold?” A weak voice said jokingly.

Applejack opened her eye and saw Terriermon looking at her with a weak smile. A relieved smile bloomed on the farmer’s face as she scooped her partner into a gentle hug.

“Ah’m so sorry,” Applejack moaned, “Ah never meant to get yah’re hurt like this.”

“Hey, what’s a course lumps between friends,” Terriermon said lightheartedly.

Applejack smiled at the courage her digimon was showing. A sudden noise caused the two to look to the right and saw that Orgemon had recovered and was in the process of getting to his feet, shaking off the cobwebs as he gathered himself.

“You up for another round, cowgirl?” Terriermon asked as he jumped out of Applejack’s arms.

“Yah should yah’re up for this?” the farmer asked her partner.

Terriermon just grin in Applejack’s direction and for some reason that filled the earth-pony-turned-human with confidence. She looked at Orgemon, who had gotten to his feet and was coming at them in a light sprint, and suddenly the energy before before returned and a light shined from her brace.

Applejack looked at her brace, and remember what happened with Pinkie, brought her hand to the item. The energy around her hands moved to the brace as a D-chip materialized and she took it out. She took out her digivice and moved to insert the chip into the slit.

“Hold up, cowgirl, you should say something before you put that baby in,” Terriermon said playingfully, and got the message behind Applejack’s choked eyebrow. “Because it would be cool to do.”

Applejack could only shake her head, and wonder why this little guy wasn’t Pinkie’s partner. Still, she humored the little guy and held out the d-chip in front of her.

“D-chip, Ready!” Applejack said and put the chip into her device, “Install Digivolution!”

The farmer thrust her digivice out and a stream of energy came from it. Terriermon absorbed the energy and began his digivolution as he was encased in an egg-like object.

“Terriermon digivolve too…” the egg plused and than broke open revealing Terriermon’s new form, “Gargomon!”

Applejack was surprised by her partner’s new form; it was basically just a bigger version of Terriermon’s normal form, but with pants and a a green mask covering his head and most of his ears, and a red diamond painted on the forehead. He wore a belt across his chest and a pair of strange weapons covered his hands.

Orgemon was mildly surprised by this new development, but that didn’t stop him from his charge. Gargomon responded to this by jumping into the air and going into a barrel roll as he soared over the ogre-like digimon’s head.

“Gargo Laser!” the bunny/dog digimon screamed as pellet of green energy fly from his weapons.

Orgemon, however, proved to be a bit faster, as he was able to thrust his club over head and spin it around blocking or deflecting Gargomon attack. A few Gargo laser pellet did manage to slip past Ogremon's defenses, but they hit his shoulders harmless.

Orgemon snapped around and fired his pummel whack just as Gargomon was coming in for a landing. But the newly digivolved digimon prove to be truly light on his feet, as he cartwheeled to his right and avoid the attack.

“Why look at the fellew flipping around like that,” Applejack said softly to herself, and frowns when she saw something.

It was a Goblimon, either a new one or one that Applejack and Terriermon took out early and had recovered, was coming on from behind Gargomon. Applejack didn’t need to be Twilight to know what was going; Gargomon was to busy dodging Ogremon’s attacks to notice the vermin sneaking up behind him.

Applejack growled as she charged forward, her arms once again exploding with that orange energy. If there one thing the farmer hated more than dishonest, it was dirty move like Ogremon and his followers was pulling, and the anger she was feeling at the moment seems to be feeding that strange arua, it was glowing brighter with each passing second.

“FLIP!! GET DOWN!!” Applejack screamed as she ran from the side.

The newly named Flip dropped low and the club aim right from the back of his head missed by a hair. The Goblimon didn’t have time to be surprise as he got a straight punch to the side of his head. Ogremon watched as the Goblimon fell to the ground, dazed and moaning, but otherwise alive. He looked as Applejack, aura surging around her fists, joined her partner and looked ready for another round.

“You think you scare me?” Ogremon asked menacingly, “Think again!”

The virus type began to ready his attack, but Flip and Applejack wasn’t having any of that. They both charge forward and closed the gap before Ogremon could blink.

“Animal uppercut!” Flip screamed as he combined his attack with a powerful uppercut from Applejack.

“LOOK LIKE OGREMON BLASTING OFF AGAIN!!!” the virus digimon screamed as he was sent flying into the horizon.

(back on the farm)

Pinkie was helping to move some rumble from inside the barn when she suddenly straightened up, gasping loud in the process. Everyone stopped whatever they were doing and looked at the former pony. Suddenly, her hair shot straight up and her body violently shook, for about three seconds.

“OOH, that was a doozy,” Pinkie said cheerfully, as her hair snapped back into it original position.

“What was that?” Storm asked curiously.

“Oh, that was just my pinkie senses telling me somepony was using an anime reference that doesn’t belong,” the former pink party pony replied nonchalantly.

The Renamon watched as her partner walked over to one of her friends with a cock eyebrow. She made a note about this new development with Pinkie, and want back to her own job.

(back on the battlefield)

“Well, that was anti-climicate,” Flip said as he change back to his Terriermon form.

The dog/bunny looked at her partner with a cocky grin, but it was wiped away when he saw the look Applejack was giving him. He opened his mouth say something, but stopped when the farmer dropped to her knees and wrapped the digimon in tight yet gentle hug.

“Ah’m so sorry, Flip,” Applejack said apologitically. “Ah hope ya can forgive me from what Ah put you through.”

“It okay,” Flip said cheerfully. “I’m one touch digimon.”

Applejack looked at her digimon partner as her eyes started to get a little misty. She once gain hugged the little guy and the little digimon returned the favor to the best of his power. The two stayed like this for about a minute before Applejack stood up and placed Flip comfortable on her left shoulder.

“Now, Flip, ‘bout we go and see what we can find in these vemirts’ hideout,” the farmer said positively, but frown when she notice her partner giving her a look. “ya okay, sugarcube?”

“What with the name Flip,” the bunny/dog digimon asked curiously.

Applejack just giggled as she made her way in the direction Orgemon came from, certain that where they had store their loot.

“After Ah saw you flip around like you did, I figure that was the perfect nickname for ya. Why, don’t like it?” Applejack asked.

Flip was quick to shake his head, and gave his pony-turned-human partner a smile that made her think of Pinkie’s smile; both had the kind of smile that was highly infectious, as the farmer found herself smiling at the two continued to search for the bandits’ ill-begotten look.

(A short while later...back at the ice Rock farm)

Twilight sighed faintly as she set down a handful of broken wood, and worked her shoulders to relieve some tension in them. How she missed her horn and her magic, but she wouldn’t deny the strength and stamina her body now process. While it wasn’t much to write home about, she knew that her natural body wouldn’t be about to work nearly 40 minutes without the aid of her magic.

The young princess let out another sigh and decided a short break was in order, to much labor was still hazardous to one’s health, regardless of one’s body. She left the area she had been working in, and took a deep breath of fresh air. She felt a sense of accomplishment as she looked around; her friends, their digimon partners, and the farm hooves had made great progress; the fallen debris had been cleared away, and the holes that were made had been pitched up.

It was nowhere near complete, but it was still progress, and for that Twilight felt like smiling. That feeling was quickly washed away as the farm made her think of Applejack, and she began to worry about her friend; it has been over a hour since she had taken off, and even with her digimon partner by her side, this new world was filled with dangers.

Twilight could only hope that her earth pony friend hadn’t down anything to reckless, given her odd behavior when she saw the state this farm was in.

“Still thinking about Applejack, darling?” Rarity asked, as she and Frost joined the young princess side.

Twilight let out a mute sign and looked at her friend. She wanted to ask Rarity, the mare who had known Applejack the longest, if she ever seen Applejack like this before, but decided against it. Instead, she just nodded and turned back to the farm, there was still much work that needed to be done.

the two were about walked back to the farm when Rarity presented the young princess with the fixed goggles belonging to Starlight. “It may not be my best work, but it should do.”

Twilight smiled gratefully as she took the goggles from Rarity and looked at them. If she didn’t know that the fabric was new, she would have sworn the band was never broken in the first place. She moved to put the item into a jacket pocket, but stopped as she looked at the goggles.

Something was nagging at her, from deep within her mind. She knew that these goggles believe to Starlight, but a strange urge was telling her to put them on, saying the item would be safer if she wear it instead of just keeping them in a pocket. Twilight tried to fight this urge, from about five seconds before she put item on her head and worked her mane through it so there wouldn’t be any discomfort.

“So-” Twilight looked at Rarity, “-How do I looked?”

“Hmm,” Rarity rubbed her chin as she looked at her friend. “While not my first choice from accessorizing, darling, it works on you. I dare say it makes your outfit look complete.”

Twilight just smiled, glad that her fashionable friend had agreed with her choice and two walked back to the farm.

The transformed ponies and their digital partners were just reaching the farm when they heard a noise followed by a cry. The two ponies looked up in time to see a large piece of debris falling right towards them. Out of instinct, the two transformed ponies ducked down, took their partners into a tight hug and braced themselves for the impact to come.

“YEEHAA!” the familiar cry caused both ponies to open their eyes and watched as Applejack soared over their heads, and hit the debris away, her fist glowing orange.

Twilight and Rarity got straightened up as they looked at their friend, who titled her hat up and gave them a cocky grin. The former unicorn and her unicorn friend could only stare at the strange energy their friend had around her fists and wonder what it was.

“Digi-soul!” the group heard somepony say softly, and looked to their right to see Hornmon with dear-in-the-headlights look.

Comments ( 3 )

...I can't help but notice the title. "Digidestiend". I don't think I need to do anything more than point that out.

9154313
Actually, I'm just using a headcanon of mine I began to mark around the start of season six, one which will be revealed later on in the story.

Curious to see what happens next.

Login or register to comment