• Published 31st Jan 2017
  • 3,562 Views, 1 Comments

Growth Spurt - Artistic Fox



When one Filly wants a growth spurt.

  • ...
4
 1
 3,562

Chapter 1

“Come on! Get on... Grr… Ugh! Dumb fabric!”

Sweetie belle fell back on her bed, exhausted as four striped socks, coloured in the pattern of emerald and lime green, hung loosely over the bed from the soles of her hooves.

“I bet Rarity did this because of what I said yesterday…”


Sweetie Belle came running down that stairs screaming.

“Rarity! Rarity! Rarity!”

She was suddenly stopped by her older sister’s blue aura, just a nose away from bumping into the ponyquin that she was using to make her newest design.

“Sweetie Belle, what are you shouting for dear?”

Sweetie Belle couldn’t take her eyes off the dress in front of her. She tried tilting her head from side to side, getting a different angle on it but in the end, she just blurted it out.

“That dress looks ugly.”

Rarity’s face immediately went red.

“Excuse me? This dress is a new style, original and it’s going to change how the fashion community sees fashion.”

Rarity turned her nose up, claiming her win in this argument.

“Ehh… Still looks ugly.”

“Well in that case, maybe I should put a spell on you and make you grow so I can make you wear it then.”


“She made me bigger, now I don’t have anything that fits me so she can make me wear that ugly dress instead.”

She stared at the loose hanging socks and an idea came to mind. Her green aura glowed around all four of her socks for a moment before dispersing. She grabbed the socks again and slid them up her legs one by one.

“Ha! Take that Rarity. Make me grow; I’ll just grow my clothes instead of wearing your ugly dress.”

Feeling like she won the battle that never existed; she laid back on her bed, all four hooves stretched to out from her body as she gave out a sigh over her victory.

Odd creaking noises started to sound around her, it was the bed, but it was quite odd, it had never creaked before. Then in an instant, the bed shattered and her hooves were pressed against the walls, all four hooves to all four walls. Her room had gotten so cramped that she had to fold her fore hooves over her chest and pull her hind legs up but it didn’t do much as she was pressed against the walls still.

The walls gave way, quickly followed by the floor as she fell to the ground floor, which at this point was like falling down a single step to her. Then it was over. She lay on her back, hooves spread out in all directions across the streets of Ponyville as her sister’s roof sat on her chest.

“Oh oh…”


Twilight sat on her throne, observing the map, studying it while Starlight trotted around the room impatiently.

“Twilight. We’ve gone over that thing hundreds of times already. Can’t you just take it that it’s magic and be done with it?”

“No Starlight, it has to have a connection to something and I mean to find out what.”

Starlight shook her head and continued trotting. As she trotted past a window, her movements stopped and she looked up. Slowly, she walked backwards, turning her gaze out the window.

“Twilight… How big do fillies get in this town?”

“About three quarters as tall as an adult, but oddly you’ll never see one growing in between. They’re either the size of a filly or the size of an adult.”

“Well what do you consider them if we’re about one twentieth their size?”

“Well that’s easy, they’d be a giantess.”

Twilight focused on the map for a moment longer before perking up.

“Wait what?”

She rushed over to the window Starlight was staring through to see as a giant Sweetie Belle got up, dropping the roof that lay on her chest down on the ground, shattering it into pieces like the house itself.

“What do we do Twilight?”

Sweetie Belle was looking around at the ground as ponies scattered from beneath her, running away from the giant pillar like hooves that stood large enough to crush buildings. She looked up as saw Twilight’s castle and began to make her way there. She did try to be careful though, stepping slowly between the streets, crushing the occasional street lamp, bench or abandoned cart.

“She’s heading this way. Maybe she had a little magic mishap and is just needs us to help her. Just don’t panic. Head into the library and look for Magic abno…”

“TWILIGHT!”

Sweetie Belle was already at the window as she called out to Twilight. Starlight on the other hand, panicked and fired a shot of light at the giant filly that blasted her right in the face.


Sweetie Belle let out a squeaky scream as she stepped back, rubbing her face with one of her hooves. Being unable to see, her giant socked hooves crushed building into dust, some were crushed completely under her giant soles; others were only partially destroyed by the edge of her hooves.

Ponies on the other hand panicked more as the giant filly began to destroy their homes. Some were not lucky enough to avoid her giant hooves and were pressed by the soft fabric, forced into the ground and winded as the giant hooves moved on to cause more destruction.

Unfortunately, for Sweetie Belle, one of her hind hooves came into contact with Diamond Tiara’s house, the only one in Ponyville that was made of brick. It got heavily damaged, but not before causing Sweetie Belle to fall back, crushing the town hall with her giant butt, followed by several other buildings as her back came into contact with them.


Twilight flew out the window, down the path of destruction followed by Starlight who levitated herself through the air behind Twilight.

They flew over the giant hoof holes in the ground, the debris of buildings, some unable to stand anymore and just collapsing as they flew over. There were a few ponies passed out inside the hoof holes, some just too hurt to move. Both of them were too focused on the destruction that they didn’t notice when they bumped into the giant sole that hung in the air in front of them.

They could see the remnants of the homes stuck to the soles of the socks, including a pony or two, entwined in the threads.


Sweetie Belle could finally see again, but she was looking directly up to the sky as she lay on her back and could feel the crushed buildings and a few ponies squirming under her back. She wasn’t crushing them, but they couldn’t quite stand. Then a purple Alicorn stood on her nose, looking down at her.

“Sweetie Belle? Are you alright?”

Starlight began to float in for a landing on Sweetie Belle’s nose before she exhaled strongly out of her nose, blasting Starlight back. She lost control of her magic from such a strong gust and fell onto Sweetie Belle’s soft chest


After Sweetie Belle had finished explaining what had happened, she sat up, freeing the ponies beneath her as Twilight tried brushing down her soles, cleaning the debris and freeing the trapped ponies.

Twilight then lead her back to the castle, which was relatively clear since all the building in the way were now destroyed anyway.

“Sit here and don’t destroy anything while Starlight and I go find a way to shrink you back to normal.”

Sweetie Belle looked around at the quite streets. Everypony had gathered at the other side of town, away from the destruction.

“But it’s so quite here by myself.”

“Fine, Starlight, you stay here and keep her company. Make sure she doesn’t destroy anything else.”

Twilight flew inside before either could say anything, leaving Sweetie Belle to pout, being left with the one that blinded her. She sat down, crushing another abandoned car under her rump.

“That doesn’t count! Don’t tell Twilight.”

“Or what? You’ll go on another rampage?”

“That was your fault, you blinded me.”

“You startled me!”

Starlight was enveloped in Sweetie Belle’s aura in an instant.

“You know it’s just us two here. You should be careful how you talk to somepony who’s so much larger than you”

“I think I found something!”

Twilight’s voice echoed through the castle walls. In a panic, Sweetie Belle opened up her right hind hoof sock and stuffed Starlight inside it. As she let it snap back against her thigh, Twilight came back to the window. It was only then that Sweetie Belle realized it would have been best if she just let her go but it was too late now. She couldn’t let Twilight find out what she did.

“Where did Starlight go?”

“Ugh… She went off to find Zecora… in case she knew a cure.”

It didn’t help that she could feel the pony squirming against her leg.

“Oh, well I found a very simple shrinking spell, and not the kind that you’ll wake up in the morning at the size of a bug, it’ll shrink you back to normal.”

Twilight held the book in front of her, reading it as she cast the spell, blasting Sweetie Belle in the chest with it. Sweetie Belle looked herself over for the next few moments.

“Is it working?”

“This is so odd… It said that if hit with something of irregular size, it should return to normal”

Sweetie Belle put her hooves to her face and dragged them down her cheeks.

“This is all Rarity’s fault. If she didn’t make me grow in the first place, I’d never have cast that spell on these socks.”

Twilight stared at the giant socks on Sweetie Belle’s hooves.

“Socks… That’s why they never ripped as you grew. You cast the spell on the socks to grow, but because you were in them, you grew too. So simply…”

Twilight opened the book once more and cast the spell, this time directed at the socks. Instantly, Sweetie Belle began to dwindle in size, soon returning back to normal size as she sat in the crater created from her last sit down.


Sweetie Belle trotted back into her room. The town was repaired thanks to a very advanced spell that caused Twilight to pass out from. Not only did the town get repaired but the entire town had their memory wiped so they didn’t remember her short lived moment of destruction.

Now that she was back home, she could just take off her socks and relax. As she sat on her bad, biting into the soles of her socks and pulling them, she couldn’t help but feel like she forgot something. Pulling the last sock off her hind hoof, she felt something fall out, bouncing off her thing and landing on her bed between her legs. It was a small, pink bug. Sweetie Belle leaned in to observe the small creature.

Starlight looked up, seeing the giant face of the now normal sized filly and began to shout in anger.

Sweetie Belle sat back up, her ears out of reach of the squeaking below.

“Oh oh…”

Comments ( 1 )

A decent story. The description is vague about the content though, and it's quite short and rushed. A nice idea, but a bit unsatisfying.

Login or register to comment