• Published 30th Jan 2017
  • 2,154 Views, 136 Comments

Days in the Mind of One that is Great and Powerful - The REAL Mister Pkmn



After John Radderson and Kurt Smith disappear, Darrell Evenlor gets suspicious, but not worried. Then he turns into his favorite pony, Trixie, and he has some fun.

  • ...
17
 136
 2,154

PreviousChapters Next
The Circus Crisis

Trixie was still reeling from what had happened yesterday. Not only had she been attacked by that Jet guy, but Maestro had gone missing in front of their eyes. It was definitely heavy stuff they were dealing with if he had to do so in order to find his girlfriend and his adoptive daughter. Honestly, Trixie needed a break… and that was when the idea hit her. Fix the Circus! Surely she wasn’t the only one feeling this way, so she thought she’d do everyone a favor and finish fixing it up. She got ready for the day, and went to the old tent after school. Nobody else was there yet, so it was prime time to start. She worked on the basic mending first, seeing as there wasn’t much left that needed done on that. As she started working on the inside though, somebody decided to stop by. “Mind if I lend a hand?”

Trixie turned to see who it was; and lo and behold it was Serine. Trixie nodded and smiled. “Thanks. I don’t know if I could’ve fixed this on my own, but this way, we’’l be done a bit quicker!” The two got to work, re-arranging the stands and revamping the ring in the center. It took a while, but after a few hours it was finished. The two stepped back, glad of their accomplishment. It was unfortunate that Maestro wasn’t here to see it, but he’d definitely be proud of what they’d done.

At that moment, Twilight and the others came onto the scene. Applejack let out a whistle. “Woo-wee! Now that’s quite th’s overhaul! But why the circus?”

Trixie puffed out her figure smugly. "I think we needed a distraction from all the hectic things going on lately, so I finished up Maestro's work on the Circus!" Serine cleared her throat, causing Trixie to blush and amend her statement. “Er, with a little help, of course.” She collected herself, and sighed “Though, we will need a bit more time to get the acts ready…” She shook her head. “Might not be ready until tonight. We’ll have to see how that works out.”

Just then, black magic seeped into the area. Alarmed, each of them were on high edge. The familiar laugh of Jet came from the rolling clouds of magic. “Hello again. I told you I’d be back.” As their eyes searched the clouds, Jet couldn’t help but chuckle harder. “You really think I’ll be that easy to find? I like this tactic far better… Just see if you can find me this time!”

Trying to remain calm, Trixie tried to fire up her magic. But when she got no response from it, she gasped. “My magic! What have you done to my magic!?”

Jet’s amusement at the situation as the others also felt no response from their magic was rather apparent. “Do you like my new trick? Antimagic is quite powerful…” They could almost feel a grin forming underneath his mask. “Honestly, your reaction is more delicious than Maestro’s was…”

At the mention of Maestro, Chessmaster responded harshly glaring into the clouds. “Where is my brother!? Answer me!

Jet let out a tsking sound. “Oh, like I would tell you that. But I’m feeling generous, so let’s just say… He’s quite lost at the moment.”

At the non-answer, Janice huffed indignantly. “Rotten piece of-!”

However, Phantom cut her off, an air of calm about him. “Janice, getting angry about it won’t do us any good. All we really can do is hope that Maestro makes it back alright.”

Jet scoffed from the clouds. “Good luck with that. In a little while, he probably won’t be quite himself anymore…” He shook his head. “No matter. I’m just going to cut to the chase.” The clouds rolled forward and upward until they created a large dome. “No one gets in, no one gets out. Not until I get what I came here for! Let the fun begin!”

The clouds rolled with thunder, lightning jumping across the gap. It cut just short of them, even though it could’ve likely gone through them. The ominous feel only grew stronger as the clouds grew tighter together, weeding out any light that’d found a way through before. The dark pitch around them set them all on edge, especially since they couldn’t access their magic. However, they wouldn’t let down their guard so easily.

Though they could hardly see, Trixie and the others refused to let it get to them. Jet was in the darkness somewhere, but it was hard to say where he’d strike from. His first strike was fast, unprecedentedly so. His attack struck near Ayumi, but he was too quick for her to attempt to retaliate against. The darkness made it impossible to see exactly what he’d done, but the fact that Ayumi was hissing in slight pain gave Trixie some ballpark guesstimate as to the power behind the attack.

The next attack went for Twilight, coming from above. Yet again, his speed in the dark area made it impossible for Twilight to respond in kind. Her wince in pain could be heard throughout the dome, making it clear that Jet wasn’t messing around much longer. He was probably going for Trixie next, so the group rearranged itself so that Trixie was surrounded on all sides by her friends. Trixie smirked. Get through that, Jet!

Even that plan didn’t quite work as desired as Jet popped up from the ground beneath Trixie. Startled, Trixie stepped back. This wasn’t good. She couldn’t do too much without access to her magic, so this looked pretty grim. But then, light started to shine through the dome of dark clouds, exposing Jet. Alarmed, he tried to get away. “Drat! Not now!”

But his escape was in vain as Rai and Ashley both grabbed onto his arms with all their strength. He tried to charge a spell, but Turquoise magic slipped a strange ring on his horn, cutting the spell short. This caused the dark clouds to crumble, revealing not only the sunset hour, but also a familiar trio. “Maestro! Sarah! Prism!”

At their elation, Jet scowled. “Grr. This isn’t good…” He tried to worm his way out, but the full strength of his main captors had returned, so he wasn’t going anywhere. He huffed indignantly. “Bah. Well, there goes my plan…”

Before the others could question him, Maestro closed the distance. He glared into Jet’s visor. “Tell me. Where’s. Cacophony? How’d you separate him from my consciousness?”

At this, shock played across the faces of the others in varying degrees. Ayumi seemed more concerned than anything else, though. Jet just laughed. “Hahahahaha! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!” A hand went to his visor as he started to convulse a bit. “I thought you hated his annoying voice in your head? I thought you wanted to get rid of him? You should thank me!”

Maestro continued to glare at Jet, while the others nursed some disturbing thoughts. However, somebody was about to break the case wide open. “That’s enough, Shadeshot. Just show yourself!” Their attention was garnered by the one who had spoken; that being “Sleighthand”.

Jet looked at him too, and scoffed. “Shadeshot? You’re quite mistaken. I’m somebody quite different, you see…” He made to remove his helmet, but then he pulled his hands away. He shook his head. “No, not yet. You wouldn’t understand how, let alone why.”

All of a sudden, Maestro made to remove the helmet. “I say otherwise. I will have answers!”

But, it wasn’t to last. Just as Maestro had made sleight progress in removing the helmet, Starfall arrived. “Jet!” With a wave of magic, she knocked the others away. She landed next to him, sleight concern in her voice. “Are you alright?”

She helped him up, and removed the magic suppression ring from his horn. Jet re-adjusted his helmet. “I’m fine. It seems I misjudged them once again…” He clenched his fist tightly, before slightly snarling. “A mistake I won’t make again!”

Starfall took him up into the air as she looked at the scene. Her eyes widened as she saw that Sarah was free, but she regained herself quickly enough. “Farewell for now, heroes. We’ll meet again… sooner than you might think.” The two then teleported away.

Eyes turned to Maestro, full of confusion. He sighed. “Alright, you guys want an explanation of how I got back so quickly? Well...”


Elsewhere, in a secret place.

Starlight smiled at her subbordinate’s return. “You did well, Jet. Your mastery over Antimagic is astonishing. So, do they suspect anything?”

Jet shook his head. “No. The ones from where Starfall is from thought I was one of them. They know not the truth.” He looked away, distraught. “I couldn’t get Trixie’s wings, but I did manage to syphon a small portion of her magic… maybe this will give us a bit more headway in deciphering the secret of ascension…”

Starlight sighed slightly as he handed the small vial to her. “Ah, well. Take what you can get, I suppose.” She set it next to the sample from Twilight that she’d gotten so long ago. That sample had provided some insight, but with this new one, they might actually bust this whole thing open. She secretly worked her magic again. “Thank you, Jet. I hope you know how much I appreciate you.”

But Jet was too stalwart to be swayed by the spell. “Listen. I’m in this for personal reasons. Nothing will change that. I already know that you aren’t likely to keep your end of the bargain; but I’ve no choice in the matter anyway. Once this is all said and done, you’re likely to kick me to the curb.” Jet turned to leave. “I’ve business to attend to. Farewell, Starlight.”

After Jet left, Starlight let out a huff of anger. It was proving more difficult than she expected to change him. Possibly even more effort then he was worth. But then her attention turned to Starfall. She was in danger of something drastic if Starlight’s efforts to turn Jet fully failed… Her eyes bore a fierce look. She’d just have to be a bit more… forceful. Just a little more persuasion...

Author's Note:

Now we're getting somewhere! Just a little further now...

PreviousChapters Next