• Published 30th Jan 2017
  • 2,143 Views, 136 Comments

Days in the Mind of One that is Great and Powerful - The REAL Mister Pkmn



After John Radderson and Kurt Smith disappear, Darrell Evenlor gets suspicious, but not worried. Then he turns into his favorite pony, Trixie, and he has some fun.

  • ...
17
 136
 2,143

PreviousChapters Next
Xavier, Maestro's Estranged Pal

After the run in with the rude stranger, Trixie and her friends wound up running across the Mane 6, as well as Sarah. They were chatting about something. Sarah spoke next, chuckling a little. “Seriously, you guys are too much. That’s a pretty funny story.” She then turned to Trixie, and raised an eyebrow. “Trixie? What’cha up to?”

Trixie smiled slightly as she sat down with the others. “Not much, really. My friends and I just came across the rudest guy. I was just trying to be friendly, but he goes and snaps at me like I’m attacking him or something. It was pretty odd, really.”

Just then, Maestro walked over. He noticed that they’d been talking, and he was a bit curious as to what it was about. So, he nonchalantly sat down at the table, just in-between Sarah and Regina. He spoke up, guessing at what they were talking about. “So what’s up over here? You talking about rude people, eh? What did he look like?” He then decided to take a long sip from his purple water bottle he’d brought along.

Trixie then described the guy in detail. “Well, he was a little shorter than Maestro, and he had platinum blonde hair. He was extremely pale, and he had blue eyes.”

The group heard something shatter, and they looked over to Maestro. What they saw surprised them. His water bottle was shattered like cheap glass into millions of pieces, even though it seemed to be made of plastic. His hand, for whatever reason, seemed no worse for wear. His favorite vest had gotten soaked, but not much else had. He didn’t seem to be paying attention to that fact if the look on his face was anything to go by. He had a haunted look on his face. He spoke in a slow, haunting tone. “T e l l m e … D i d h e a v e …” He paused as he brought to bear his left wrist- showing off a turquoise wristband that they hadn’t noticed before. It’d seen better days, but they could make out two names on it: “Josephus” and “Xavier.” He then spoke up again “... H i s w o u l d ‘ v e b e e n r e d. D i d y o u s e e h i s?”

Trixie tried to put aside the major creepy vibe she’d gotten when he’d spoken like that, and collected her thoughts, thinking back to the encounter. Her eyes lit up. “Yeah, I did! It was hanging on a string around his neck. Why?”

Maestro lit his horn, and dried off his vest. He sighed. “So it is him. Xavier…” He looked downcast, but continued. “After all my efforts to try and contact him over the years, he just appears out of the blue now? And to think that he’s changed so much… he used to be much kinder…” He shook his head. “To think that misunderstanding between us hit him that hard…”

Twilight seemed intrigued, and decided to press a little. “Just who is this Xavier, exactly?”

Maestro turned to Trixie. “Say, you remember when I told you about that friend I had that I said I’d tell you more about?” She nodded, and Maestro sighed. “Well, today’s your lucky day. All of you get to hear how it all went down. How Xavier and I became friends… and how a misunderstanding made it all go to waste.
It was a little after I’d lost track of Jozhir. I believe that I was in 4th or 5th grade at this point, and I was the one that bullies tended to pick on the most. But, at the start of the year… they got some fresh meat in the form of Xavier. He was teased because he had no last name- he had never known his parents. Needless to say, I stood up for him. After all, I’d never known my mother, so we had something in common. We became fast friends. We stuck together like glue. You’d hardly ever see us apart! We felt that if we stuck together, there was nothing that this world could throw at us that we couldn’t take! And so, one day, we got matching wristbands… And it was then that the rumors started.
I first heard about the rumor a few days after it had started spreading. It was pretty bad. Children can be such conniving monsters. Needless to say, I did what I could to kill the rumor- but I was foolish. Once something like that takes hold, it’s hard to get rid of it. So I did the one thing I could think of. The action that, to this day, I will forever regret. I actively pushed Xavier away. I stopped being around him altogether. I thought it would fix the problem, but rumors spread about there being ‘trouble in paradise.’ It made me sick.
It seemed that nothing I did could kill that stupid rumor. To make matters worse… Xavier confronted me about this in front of everyone at recess. Then I… exploded. Like I never had before or since, I got angry. And it cost me his friendship. I never saw him after that day. I had hoped to contact him, and explain myself, but I could never get a hold of him. Maybe now that he’s here… I can fix the broken bridge of our friendship.”

It brought tears to all that heard it… until a slow clap could be heard from the east. They turned to see the very person being talked about, a smug sneer on his face. He stopped clapping, and spoke with heavy sarcasm in his voice. “Oh how touching! Of course I’ll drop all my anger and forgive you!” He then dropped the sarcasm and scowled. “Did you really think that it’d be that easy? That I’d drop all of my pain and come crawling back into your ‘friendship’ just because of your ‘explanation?’” He gagged at the thought. “The world just doesn’t work like that, Josephus. People change. And sometimes, once they do, you can’t get them to change ever again. So stuff your friendship nonsense. I don’t need that ilk.”

Maestro seemed hurt, and spoke in a hushed tone. “Xav… You really have changed. You used to be the kindest guy I knew, and now look at you…”

Xavier had a harsh look on his face, and sneered. “Don’t call me that. You lost that privilege ages ago. I am Xavier, and you shall call me as such. If you don’t... “ He pulled out the wristband that was attached to the string around his neck. “...I’ll destroy this little memento from better times. And then, the last reminder of your old friend will be gone. So respect that I don’t want to be called that, or the wristband gets it.”

Maestro seemed on the verge of tears, but pushed it down. He sighed, and spoke slowly. “If that’s what it takes to get you to keep it... “ He then stood up, and walked over to Xavier. “At least let us try to help you put the past behind you, Xavier. It isn’t healthy to dwell like this. Give all of us a chance to get through to you. If we don’t manage it within thirty days, we’ll leave well enough alone.” He extended out his right hand. “Deal?”

Xavier stared at the hand in front of him. The last time he’d shaken anyone’s hand seemed like an eternity ago. Was doing this such a good idea? It seemed that there was no catch, but there could be one he wasn’t seeing. Then he felt one of the pockets of his blazer vibrate. It was the artifact. It wanted him to accept the deal. It also seemed to know exactly what to call Josephus now that he was an anthro. Xavier shrugged, and grasped the hand before him. “I’ve got nothing to lose, and eternal solitude to gain! You’re on, Maestro.” For the first time in years, a genuine, if sinister, smile worked its way onto Xavier’s face. This was going to be too easy. And so, the game had begun.

Author's Note:

Do you think they'll need all 30 days to get through to him? Or will they do it faster? Place your bets below! This chapter is unedited.

PreviousChapters Next