• Published 30th Jan 2017
  • 2,156 Views, 136 Comments

Days in the Mind of One that is Great and Powerful - The REAL Mister Pkmn



After John Radderson and Kurt Smith disappear, Darrell Evenlor gets suspicious, but not worried. Then he turns into his favorite pony, Trixie, and he has some fun.

  • ...
17
 136
 2,156

PreviousChapters Next
A Shard of A Secret

Trixie woke up the next morning with not much trouble. She could hardly remember the dream she had. Something about Maestro, Jozhir, and Jozhir’s insufferable sister, Mari. She could only recall that it was a bittersweet dream. After getting dressed and finishing the ensemble with a duplicate of Trixie’s hat from the show, she paused before leaving the house, seeing her father passed out on the couch, drunk. She sighed. Even though it’d been a long time since the divorce, every once and a while he’d slip back into that state of mind he’d had afterwards- and binge on beer. He must’ve found an old photo of them back when they were sweethearts- those old photos hit him hard. That’s why Trixie had taken the liberty of getting rid of all the ones she could find. Apparently she missed at least one, however. She found it still clenched in his hand. She tore it away from her father, and took a look at him, and whispered. “I’m doing this for your mental and emotional health.” She tossed it in a neighbor’s trash can on the way down her neighborhood.

She stopped by the Star mansion that fine morning, a bit curious as to what Maestro had found out. She knocked on the door, and heard somebody coming to the door. It opened, and before her was Maestro, slouching a little more than usual. His hair was tangled and uncombed, and he had bags under his eyes. He was still in his pajamas as well. The look he had sent one message: He hadn’t slept well the previous night. He sighed. “C’mon in.” He stood away from the door, and Trixie followed him inside. He went into the living room, where his family was. They looked to be a bit shell-shocked, so Trixie surmised that he’d told them everything, seeing as they were family. Trixie knew he’d probably hide most of it from her, but she knew that was to be expected with his trust issues.

Trixie decided to break the ice. “So, what did you find out?”

Maestro tried to rub the sleep out of his eyes, and yawned a little. “Well, it’s nothing exactly new for us- we’ve never been what one might consider ‘normal’ even back as humans. It’s part of being a member of the Star family. Born with abnormal abilities or IQs, and grow up scorned and feared by society. It doesn’t comfort us much knowing that our counterparts in Equestria suffered likewise.” Trixie could see the melancholy look on his face, and surmised that this suffering had led to their lack of trust towards others.

Trixie wanted to see if she could get anything more out of them, so she pressed a little further. “Is there anything else you could tell Trixie?”

Maestro hesitated, and looked back to his family. They shared a silent conversation with their eyes, and he seemed to reach a decision. He sighed, and turned back to Trixie. “Well, it’s more like something i can show you. But first you must promise not to freak out, or tell anyone outside this room. Understand?”

Trixie nodded. “Trixie may like to use smoke, mirrors, and illusions in her stage magic, but when it comes to a friend’s trust, she doesn’t take it lightly.”

Maestro took a deep breath, and lit his horn. His magic covered his closed eyes, and Trixie could almost hear a lock open. The magic faded from over his eyes, and then he opened them. The sight made Trixie gasp a little. His eyes had slitted pupils; like Nightmare Moon, Chrysalis, or a thestral. He let her stare into them, and as she did, she calmed down. This was a shard of his secret- a piece that he was willing to share with her. Judging by the look on his family’s faces, she was the first outside the family that had seen this. Although, she wagered that they’d seen far more, because family. He smiled. “So you accept this show of trust, I presume?”

Trixie nodded. “No matter what, Trixie won’t talk to anyone that doesn’t already know about this. You have her word as an honorable showmare.” She took hold of her magician’s hat and bowed with a respectful flourish. After she was done, she put her hat on her head again.

Maestro nodded. “Perhaps you might get lucky, and I will tell you more later.” He seemed to take on a thoughtful look, then continued. “Mayhaps you should go check in on Jozhir? He called and said that he’d managed to convince the Hospital to let him stay by his brother over night- I guess that even here, the Soleros have quite the presence, even if they’re not going by the last name of their father, Tivar Rampart.”

Trixie gulped. She wasn’t exactly looking forward to talking with him again, telling him who she once was. Maybe she could…? Trixie shook her head. No. Trixie should mare up and face the consequences of her past. Sure, Jozhir will probably be mad, but hopefully with time, I can earn his forgiveness and friendship. She collected herself, and smiled. “Trixie will go see him. Thank you, Maestro.” Trixie then left the mansion. She tried keeping her emotions under wraps- after all, she was still a bit torn between Maestro and Jozhir. Sure, she was attracted to both of them, but which one should she go for? She knew more about Jozhir than Maestro- So he would be the obvious choice. But Maestro had trusted her with a secret. Maybe that could… wait. He’d said earlier that he was uncomfortable around her because of the whole “former guy” thing. So it was probably just a gesture of friendship, and possible a small apology. She shook her head. Now is not the time to worry about that. Trixie’ll try for both, and see what happens. She reached the hospital after some walking (albeit with a few small illusions to entertain a few passing children every so often, thus earning her a bit of money from appreciative parents), and stopped before the doors. Is Trixie ready for this? She wondered. Once she goes in, there’s no backing out. She steeled herself, and muttered to herself. “She’s ready.” She entered the hospital. She asked for the room at the counter, and found it easily. She braced herself, and went inside.

Author's Note:

Chapter Eleven! Wow, the beginning's a tad dark, delving into Trixie's father's broken psyche. It picks up to be tad lighter later, but becomes serious again when the bomb is dropped. This chapter is not yet edited.

PreviousChapters Next