• Published 26th Feb 2017
  • 579 Views, 0 Comments

The Darkness Saves the World - Eon Seb



Light and Dark Order and Chaos all are part of Harmony Order and Light have grown to strong the balance must be kept before it is to late

  • ...
 0
 579

Chapter 2

Starlight could feel another headache coming on. Why had she agreed to take on these 2 egomaniacs as students? One had a temper the likes of which history had never seen and the other had the most annoying habit of speaking in the third person. No mater what she tried, they both kept causing problems. She was one more panic attack away from equalizing the both of them. She had thought that taking them to the vault for artifacts would scare them into behaving. She still had no idea why some of the items down there reacted to them but she could not find anything wrong with the two so was forced to let it go, for now. Why had she agreed to teach them again?

An explosion rocked the tower at that moment.

Right. She was the only one strong enough to survive their stupid experiments. “Lets see what they broke this time.”

Shining blinked before cleaning out one of his ears. There is no way he heard that right. His LSBFF with a marefriend. After confirming that yes, he heard correctly and no, he was not dreaming, he set out on a course to the Evergreen Care Facility.

”When I get my hands on whoever thinks they can date my sister...”

After checking in at the front desk, Shining quickly moved to his sister's room only to pause at the sound of laughter coming through the door. He quietly poked his head in to see what was up only to blanch at the sight of the mare sitting with his sister in her lap. She was as tall as he was, while sitting down. He noticed that they were reading one of Twily's favorite Joke books. It had always bothered him a bit that she was so easy to scare yet seemed to love macabre humor. After all, "1001 Zombie Fails"; while admittedly genuinely funny; was still gruesome.

When he knocked on the door and was properly invited in, he was immediately hugged by his sister. While returning the hug he caught a glimpse of, something he couldn't quite put his finger on in the other mare's eyes before she took a deep breath and stood up. He now realized why their parents had described her as huge. She had to be at least the size of Granny Cadence, and she was an Elder! Unaware of his mental struggle, Moondancer extended her hand to the brother of her darling “Hi I'm Moondancer. I'll go out on a limb here and guess that you're Shining Armor?”

The question brought him out of his stupor and gave him a chance to move and sit down after greeting her. They then spent the next hour talking and Shining found the mare acceptable.

Her obsession with his sister was worrying, even when it was explained to him, but the more he watched them interact the more he realized how much this seemed to help both of them. Moondancer would do anything to protect Twilight and Twilight in turn was starting to face her fears knowing that no matter what Moondancer would support her. It may not have been the most healthy way of dealing with their problems but, if it worked for them, who was he to judge? he just wanted his sister to be safe and happy.

Shining was just about to leave when they heard a commotion in the hall they all stuck their heads out to see a pair of young mares rolling on the floor fighting and hurling insults.

“You washed up excuse for a magician! This hat just compounds how dumb you are!”

“Trixie will make you eat your tail if you don't return Trixie's hat this instant!”

They continued to argue in the same vain. Shining noticed that the hat they were fighting over had been tossed down the hall, and he could see Miss Glimmer, the arch-mage, storming down the hall towards the fight. What he failed to notice was his sister's eye twitch. Twilight was a very organized and logical person and the speech pattern of one of the mares was driving her batty. Twilight slowly moved over and picked up the hat.

When the two mares noticed, Trixie broke off and walked over to her “Return The Great and Powerful Trixie's amazing hat!”

Her loud, boastful way of speaking should have been enough to send Twilight into a panic fit, but just as Shining was about to step in he felt the air around them become cold. Ice was forming on the walls and he could see his breath. It was the middle of summer for crying out loud! Then the air grew heavy laced with fear, he was charging a shield to separate his sister from the main source of her fear when she spoke.

“Both of you pull up a chair and sit down now! I have something to say to you.”-

They all (including Shining and Starlight) found themselves sitting in chairs in Twilight's room-”I have never seen adults act like you two, even some of the adults who live here. You are the students of the arch-mage and all that entails. Please show some dignity for the love of c̀͘r̀͢y͠s̀͘t̢҉͝a͡l̛͟s̵̢̧͘ !”

Shining was trying to remember when she started using crystal pony terminology. Starlight was focused on the reverb that had entered the young mare's voice with the last word. Sunset looked bored and Trixie was insulted.

“Trixie can act however she likes Trixie is the most powerful Triclops of her age.” (She learned the hard way that saying 'in all of Equestria" was a good way to get her flank kicked)

Twilight looked ready to blow a gasket at the audacity of this mare. Then she had an idea. An awful idea. A wonderfully awful idea.

“Shiny you said you needed someone to set up the celebration in, Ponyville. Right?”

Shining could only nod and try to lean away from that grin. He had seen that grin on his sisters face before and it never ended well for the pony it was aimed at. “Yeah but don't you still have?”-

He was cut off when she shoved a paper in his face, he read it quickly the long and short of it was that she and Moondancer had been cleared to move out of the facility so that was not going to stop her now.-”Well, if you're sure you can handle it, I'll fill out the paper work for you to be the organizer, sis”

“Wait a darn minute that's our job” Sunset had been enjoying the fireworks until this point. There was no way she was losing this job to some midget.

Starlight's gaze would have frozen lava “Think about that next time you want to act up in public, young lady. Now then, Twilight was it? You have my permission as well to take up this responsibility. I guess this large young lady will be your assistant?”

After receiving confirmation of the facts and bidding the captain goodbye, Starlight left pulling her students behind her by their ears with levitation. Shining left not long after to give them time to pack. This was going to be the weirdest celebration in recent history. He felt it in his bones.