• Published 26th Feb 2017
  • 586 Views, 0 Comments

The Darkness Saves the World - Eon Seb



Light and Dark Order and Chaos all are part of Harmony Order and Light have grown to strong the balance must be kept before it is to late

  • ...
 0
 586

Chapter 1

Patient 106 T. Sparkle

Twilight sat in her room shivering. Why did this keep happening around her? She was always afraid of something happening when she went outside and, like usual, the moment she gained the courage to speak, anyone she tried to talk to ran away screaming. The doctor said that she had an aura of fear so other people were scared of the sight of her,

“Ha. Yeah, right. Scared of a 3 foot waif who can't seem to feel anything but fear.”

Twilight had always been analytical, but she kept her emotions locked up. Too afraid to show her true self to others. But that was going to change soon.

Patient 115 Moondancer

Moondancer had problems. She knew that very well. She tied her emotional well being on the first thing to show her affection for crying out-loud, but it always went the same way. They stayed for a bit and then her obsession made them run away. The doctors were very careful to not let her get attached to them, and it was killing her. Then one day Moony spotted, Her. She was a small thing and looked like she would faint in a breeze but her eye, her third eye, was so bright and strong.

“It had 3 rings already and she had to be the same age as me” (Moondancer had no idea why others found her creepy)

“I'm going to visit her. Not like they stop us from talking.”

Twilight jumped when there was a knock on her door. After a moment, she summoned the courage to go to see who it was. When she opened the door, her eyes went up and up and up. The pony at the door had to be at least 6 feet tall and she was a Triclops. Even the biggest Ogres only reached 5 feet and that was rare enough that she could count the number of them on one hand! It took her a moment to gather the guts to squeak out a "Hello", but it was enough for the visitor, who had not run away yet for some reason.

Moondancer looked down at the girl in front of her. She felt something telling her to fear the girl, but pushed it away with ease “Hi. my names Moondancer. Whats yours?”

“Uh, Twilight Sparkle” She winced internally. Everyone on the floor knew who she was by name, if not appearance. They'd been afraid of her ever since one of the more unstable patients called her "Queen".

Moondancer however just grinned. “So you're the famous one everybody keeps talking about. Do you mind if I come in?”

Twilight stepped to the side and gestured to a chair while she sat back on the bed. After a moment, she tried to speak again.

After 2 failed attempts she finally asked “So why are you here?”-

the 2 started by exchanging stories. “Well I have attachment issues - as in I get really attached to ponies very easily and I don't take being ignored - or even thinking I'm being ignored - very well. My parents got me tested after I chased off 5 different ponies in the same number of weeks. So what about you ?”

Twilight took a moment to digest that information before answering “I have extreme anxiety - as in it took me 3 years to show I could talk, and I freak at the strangest things. I once hid under my bed for a whole day because it was the first time I heard the vacuum.”

And they just kept talking. The only time they noticed what time it was was when a nurse came looking for them. This routine continued for several weeks before Moondancer asked Twilight on a date. The panicked expression on Twilight's face almost made her back off before Twilight jumped off the chair she was in and glomped onto Moondancer with a death grip as they joined in a hug of joy and hope they were filled with magic.

Magic which pulled on their fear, their doubts and their anger soaking up their negative emotions like a sponge and filling them with more and more power as their minds were filled with memories as their energy leveled off they could only stare into the eyes of their friend (love) the Shadow ponies were alive once more.

Nurse Sweetheart had come looking for two of the patients she saw on a regular basis. She honestly thought that the way they danced around one another was cute. She walked in to find them cuddling, forcing her to suppress a squee and then to nearly panic when she saw a corona of dark energy surrounded them. It was black with hints of blue, green and red mixed in. By the time she came back with the doctor treating them, it was starting to fade. When they saw the 2 several things became obvious

Their eyes, when they opened, had changed. They both had draconic pupils and their 3rd eyes had gained a forth ring.

Second, The fur of the two had darkened from purple to puce for Twilight and from cream to black for Moondancer.

When they blinked, the 2 were back to normal, Then Twilight, the shyest patient they had, asked them politely how they were doing without stuttering once.

Only their years of medical experience stopped them from fainting. Dr. Sound Mind decided to see if they would talk about what had happened. “So girls how are you” He was not expecting Moondancer to stand-up and put Twilight on her shoulders, before answering “We're good, Doctor. I, for one, feel better then I have in a long time. What about you dear?”

This was bad. Moondancer was extremely possessive of anyone she called that. If things went sour here, it could set them both back by several years.

“Oh I feel amazing, sweetie. Still afraid but I want to see if we can at least walk around without me having a panic attack”-

Moondancer got a scary look on her face before Twilight cut the fuse ”No hurting people. I'm going to get scared sometimes, but as long as I know you're with me, I know I'll be fine. Okay?”

Moondancer gave a begrudging nod before they turned their attention back to Sound mind.

Sound Mind was trying to figure out how this was working. These two should have driven one another away completely, but the more he thought about it the more sense it made. Both were starving for attention for different reasons. Was it possible that they could help one another heal?

“Okay you both know the rules. Stay in the general area of the facility and don't cause trouble. Be back before 8:00 tonight, Both of you.”

They spent several hours walking around the general area, enjoying the sights and avoiding some odd stares. Suddenly they heard a shout 'TWILIGHT?”

Twi spun around to see her parents gaping at them. “Uh, Hi. Good to see you. Mom, Dad” They were both just staring at them or, more specifically, at Moondancer. (not that she blamed them; it was rare to see someone over 4 feet tall, much less someone who was this large).

Velvet was having trouble believing her eyes, why was her daughter; her tiny girl literally scared of her own shadow standing next to someone who was twice her size so calmly?!

Nightlight managed to gather his wits first (For a change ) “Twilight, how are you dear?”

They both jumped at the sound of cracking knuckles from the larger woman, watching Twilight calm her by just putting a hand on her arm confused them even more. “I'm doing better. I actually plan to ask the doctor if he thinks it's safe to move out of the facility soon. This is Moondancer. I met her after your last visit and we've been talking for awhile. It's helped both of us a bit but, we still have some problems.” They spent the rest of their time out with the Sparkles who were having to deal with something they never thought would happen. Their daughter introducing a date to them.