• Published 28th Mar 2017
  • 1,972 Views, 27 Comments

Discord's First Prank Day - Dreadnought



April 1st is coming, and Discord wants to make the most of it!

  • ...
1
 27
 1,972

Wednesday

3:11 PM

Knock! Knock!

Spike trotted down the sweeping grand staircase and across the vast entrance hall. The little dragon swung open the main door to the castle. “Princess Cadence!” he exclaimed.

“Good afternoon, Spike,” greeted the pink alicorn, flanked by two Crystal Guards. “Where is Twilight?”

“She’s upstairs in the library,” replied Spike. “She said you were coming for tea, so I’ll show take you to the dining room.”

Princess Cadence nodded then turned to her guards, “I will be with my sister-in-law for a while. You two go enjoy yourselves in town,” she told them, being met with salutes in response.

Spike led the Princess across the entrance hall and up the stairs to the dining room. “Wait here while I go get Twilight,” said the young drake before turning and trotting out of the room.

Princess Cadence marvelled at the room she found herself standing in. Smooth walls featured a pattern of light and dark purple hues while pillars of solid crystal framed each wall, the light casting each facet in a different shade. Beautiful paintings and large tapestries hung on the walls. Elsewhere in the room stood columns made of pure white marble, supporting vases overflowing with fresh flowers. Cadence had not been misinformed when she was told Rarity helped decorate the dining room.

After a short wait Twilight came into the room with Spike in tow. The purple alicorn walked up to the bigger one, and in a display of childish delight, both began:

Sunshine! Sunshine! Ladybugs awake! Clap your hooves and do a little shake!

The two ponies went in for the hug. “It’s so nice to see you Twilight.”

“Cadence, I’m so glad that you could come.” Turning to Spike, she requested, “Would you get us some tea?”

“Right away,” replied Spike as he headed to the kitchen.

The two princesses walked to the table and took their seats. Cadence wasted no time in bringing up the reason for her visit. “So, you say you’re worried about Discord?”

“Two words: Prank Day.”

“He was bound to find out sometime.”

“Still, I’m worried about what he’ll do. With him things always get out of hoof.”

“Yes, I did hear about the Grand Galloping Gala.”

“When I came back from Princess Celestia’s goodwill tour of Yakyakistan, he had turned the entire castle into a giant game of Ogres & Oubliettes.”

Cadence glanced around. “Well, he cleans up nicely.”

“That’s not the point. Who knows what sort of mayhem he’ll unleash?”

“As a friend of Fluttershy’s, and dare I say it, a friend of yours, I think you owe him the benefit of the doubt.”

Just then Spike came in pushing a small tea cart. He passed out cups and saucers and placed containers of honey, sugar and milk in the center of the table. Picking up the kettle, he gave a quick smile before blowing a large green flame. Within moments the familiar whistle of steam escaping indicated that the brew was ready as scents of fresh tea wafted throughout the dining room.

“It’s been so long since I had your special dragon-fired tea,” lamented Cadence.

“I hope you like it,” replied Spike.

AHCHOOOO!!!

“Bless you,” said Spike and Cadence in unison to Twilight.

A confused Twilight looked back at the two of them and responded, “It wasn’t me.”

Confused, the three stared at each other for a moment.

AHCHOOOO!!!

The three glanced upwards towards where the sneeze had originated. Twilight took off and slowly flew around the room, seeking the source of the mysterious sneeze. After a moment something caught her eye and she sent out a powerful wave of magical energy, causing a ripping sound that echoed throughout the room. “Discord!” yelled Twilight.

“You’ve ruined my blind.”

“Your what?”

“My blind. It’s used to observe creatures in their natural habitat.”

“'Creatures in their natural habitat?'” asked an increasingly angry Twilight.

“Yes, I’m observing Twilightus Sparkleus.”

“Why are you watching Twilight?” asked Cadence.

“Hello Cadence, it’s been so long.”

“Yes....”

“Discord!” demanded Twilight.

“Well, in order to pull off the best Prank Day prank, one must know their victim – I mean target – I mean recipient.”

“How long have you been watching me?”

“Oh, not long.” He pulled out his notebook and started going through the entries:

0730: Twilight eats breakfast consisting of three scrambled eggs, whole wheat toast, butter, and red jam, likely raspberry.
0800: Receives biweekly deliveries of apples from Applejack: five red delicious, three granny smith, three jazz, two macintosh.
0830 to 1000: Final magic lesson with Starlight before she goes home to visit family.
1000: Studying in the lib–

“I get the point,” said Twilight flatly. “You have no right to spy on me.”

“Yeah, that’s just creepy,” agreed Spike.

“Discord, you should respect Twilight’s privacy,” counseled Cadence.

“Here I thought you were on my side,” said Discord to Cadence. "Very well, I won’t invade the private spaces anymore.”

“Dis–.” But before she could finish, the draconequus had already flashed away.