• Published 8th Jun 2017
  • 2,368 Views, 93 Comments

My Little Mages: The Lost Student - Foxhelm



Twilight has recently been crowned a princes of Mystica, however not all wish her well, namely a former pupil of Celestia, Sunset Shimmer a 'My Little Mages' take on the 'Equestria Girls' series, using parts from the first and third movie and shorts

  • ...
6
 93
 2,368

A Battle for The Elements

Twilight did not know how long she had been dancing with Flash, but she couldn’t care less about the exact time. It wasn’t long enough, as the music ended everyone and everything stopped. But this was lost on Twilight as she noticed Flash had closed his eyes and started to lean forward as if to kiss her. She, however, did not recoil but leaned forward and completed the kiss as their lips locked. She felt her heart race faster than she could ever imagine. After two seconds they broke the kiss and placed their foreheads’ on each other, it was a little tricky with Twilight’s focus gem still on, but they were able to manage. All the while their eyes were closed. They then opened them and looked into each other’s, oblivious to what was going on around them.

“Okay nathin’ tah see here, just a young couple havin’ amount, get back tah business, Y'all.” Applejack ordered the gawking nobles, “It ain’t the first time a princess kissed a guard, yall didn’t care when Mi Amore Cadenza did it with Shinin’ Armor.”

“Another Waltz, if you please,” Rarity requested of the musicians and they complied. As the night drew on, the ballroom slowly emptied as the vast majority of the people there had to leave the next day. Ultimately even the musicians left, leaving Twilight and Flash still waltzing in silence as Spike, the CMC, Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow, Pinkie, Fluttershy, Twilight Velvet, Night Light and a few others watch one. The others at the table were Princess Celestia, noted for her long implausible floating multi-colored hair, dressed in a white solar theme regal gown, next to her with similar floating hair that was slightly shorter and starry night in a dark blue lunar-themed gown was her sister, Luna. Also there, in another gown with crystal theme and light blue in color was Cadance, Twilight’s sister-in-law. “Aw aren’t they so cute together?” she asked as she turned to a man slightly older than her, he had blue hair and light blue eyes, he was well-built and was in a red high noble's shirt with a golden sash going dialogically from his right shoulder to his left hip. This was Twilight’s older brother, Shining Armor.

“Yeah, but I doubt it will work out, Flash is not high enough in rank to be permanently stationed anywhere and this is just the first time crush, those work out less often than they don’t,” Shining said after he gave a sigh.

“So what are you going to do, Marshall?” Celestia asked.

“My job,” Shining stated and then expanded, “If I have to reactivate the old Everfree Garrison, I will, and if Flash sends a request to transfer there and he meets the requirements and no one else of equal rank applies.” Shining didn’t exactly answer the question asked of him, but they all correctly inferred that he was not going to pull rank within the military to either stop the two or help the two.

“Well now that Twilight is a princess, her security is something we need to discuss,” Luna added after a moment of thought.

“Making Flash the head of her security would put Flash in a place of a conflict of interest, that’s why I asked to not be part of the security detail for Cadance and in fact why I have delegated that to one of my subordinates.” Shining pointed out.

“But I am your princess and I asked you to marry me, isn’t a conflict of interest,” Cadance commented as she was taken aback at what Shining said as if she was insulted.

“At that time Celestia was the sole ruling princess, and I was technically you're equal as the Marshall.”

“Well, that’s a bridge to cross some other time.” Night Light commented as they turned back, “let’s let them have this moment.”

“Well, Nighty, (yawn) it’s time to call it a night. Good night, everyone, your graces,” Twilight Velvet then got up with her husband shortly after.

“We better get to bed too, Shining, we got a long train ride tomorrow, especially with all the stops that it will have to make,” Cadance said as she too got up followed by Shining.

“Well, we better put a few others tah bed.” Applejack commented as she pointed to the three youngest humans having a hard staying awake. She then got up, picked up Apple Bloom and held her to her chest resting the girl’s head on her left shoulder motherly. Rarity followed suit but had Sweetie Belle’s head resting on her right shoulder. Rainbow Dash, also got up but elected to give Scootaloo a ride on her back. “Thanks for spending time with t’em, Princess Luna.”

“We had the most fun night with them,” Luna answered as she got up, “Well, there are dreams We must look through, nightmares We must help our subjects confront.”

“Pinkie Pie then yawned as she got up as well and stretched, “Well I am pooped. This was a great ball, hopefully, the next Gala will be as fun. Night everyone.”

“Well, I have to see everyone off in the morning, goodnight all,” Celestia said as she too got up and headed out with the rest. Fluttershy and Spike were not far behind.

It was wasn’t for another minute until Twilight and Flash stopped. “You’ve gotten a lot better, have you been taking lessons?” Flash asked as they ended and he could not help but smile at it all.

“Well, I had a very patient leader the first time I actually danced,” Twilight said with a blush. It was then that they realized that they were alone. “Looks like it’s just us.”

“Shall I escort you to your chambers?” Flash asked as he offered his arm.

“Aren’t you the romantic?” Twilight giggled as the two head out, lost in each other’s eyes. They walked not looking away from each other until Flash collided with the archway. “Flash, are you okay?”

As Flash regained himself, “Been better.” Flash chuckled as he tried to shrug it off. Twilight couldn’t help but laugh as they continued to Twilight’s room.


About thirty minutes after Applejack, Rarity and Rainbow Dash left, they had tucked their respective little sister figures and had shut the door to the room the three younger girls were staying in, “To think that they will be thirteen soon and will be making their own ways.” Rarity, said with a sigh as the three headed towards their rooms, Rarity was in the center with Applejack on her left and Rainbow Dash on her right. “We’re running out of time to do stuff with them, aren’t we.” Rarity sighed.

“Ah know,” Applejack sighed, “Bloom is like mah own daughter… their teens are gonna be rough on us.”

“Yeah and I just started being Scoot’s big sister. It’s gonna suck when she goes her own way.”

“Not as much as this, dearies.” came a female voice from behind them. The three turned to see three of the maids they passed earlier that night but they were not in their maid outfits, the Earthborn (Sunny Flare) with cerise eyes, mulberry hair and was cut short with small bangs all around, with raspberry streaks and a flaring yellow sun hair clip that seemed to be the one in command. She was dressed in the long robes of a cleric with a holy symbol on her left side, the symbol looked eerily similar to Celestia’s aura mark, but while Celestia’s mark gave the aura of warmth and growth, this sun looked like it was going to engulf the solar system in it’s raging plasma. On her right side was a war mace, as if she was a War Cleric. To her right was the Skyborn with dark cornflower blue hair with cerulean and arctic blue streaks, with her hair combed up and back not unlike a mullet, with gamboge orange eyes, and stylized yellow lightning bolts earrings. She was dressed in what looked like a close fitting variant of what Arcane Monks wear, with bracers that covered most of her forearms, but her leggings were much shorter and the rest of grab much tighter than what monks usually wear. Her ethereal wings were indigo in color and looked more lightning bolts and on her head was a set of goggles. And to the Earthborn’s left was the Skyborn, (Sugarcoat) that had opalish gray hair with arctic bluish gray streaks done in two ponytails to the sides of her head, with glasses over her orchid eyes and a hair clip that looked like a set of lips. The last member of the trio was dressed in a long light brown robe which hid her feet, but her hovering betrayed her nature as a Skyborn. On the front of each of their shirts was a black lightning bolt. “Phase 4 starts now.” the Earthborn War Cleric said.

The Skyborn to her right dove at Rainbow Dash and punched her in the gut sending her back with a gale, as she gave a chuckle she was slapped with Rarity’s shawl. “Get your bow, Dash. We’ll deal with these hooligans,” Rarity declared as she enchanted her shawl to pull the Arcane Monk back.

“Hooligans refer to violent young troublemakers that are often disorganized, undisciplined and sometimes members of gangs, the actual word you are looking for is ‘intruders’,” the other Skyborn informed rather bluntly. “However, we have other matters to attend to,” She then kneeled to the ground, and placing her hand on the carpet which only Applejack, Rarity and Rainbow Dash were on, “Kerp, roll back up,” she said and the carpet started to roll up toward the three.

“RUN!” Applejack ordered as she grabbed Rarity and then Rainbow Dash. The then reach a fork in the hallway and separated.

“We didn’t get a single Element,” the Athletic Mage posted.

“They will have to double back, we are too close to their sisters for comfort, Indigo. Also, the plan was not to steal those three at this time. But in five seconds you will have to start going after Rainbow Dash.” Sugarcoat informed. Indigo, full name Indigo Zap, smiled just shy of gleefully. “And Applejack and Rarity should be back in three, two, one,” She counted down and then pointed to show Applejack with her sword and Rarity with a few floating gems, “Now Indigo, show them why your name is ‘Zap’.”

“With pleasure,” Indigo said as she took the stance of a professional runner and put her goggles over her eyes as lighting indigo in color started to form around her. After a second she bolted past Applejack and Rarity. Applejack was barely able to stand her ground, but Rarity was forced through into a door, forcing it open and she landed in the room on the other side, which happened to be her room.

Sunny said as she took out her holy symbol and pointing it forward, “Sunbeam!” from the holy symbol came a bright beam of sunlight that blinded Applejack, causing her to walk backward into the wall. “Follow the plan, but get the Element of Honesty if you can,” Sunny said as she rushed past Applejack as the paladin randomly swung her sword. But Sunny caught it with her holy symbol, “Your sword’s a little cold, dearie. Heat Metal!” the sword then started to glow red as if it was still being forged. Applejack screamed in pain as she dropped the sword. With the paladin disarmed, Sunny continued into the room Rarity was forced into. As the enchantress was still dazed, even as she was recovering, Sunny took out of her pocket some acorns, “Fire Seeds.” She said as she threw them into the air and the acorns exploded like tiny grenades. All this effectively knocked Rarity out, Sunny would have been surprised that the dress was undamaged she and her companions didn’t do their research. As she took off the Element of Generosity and put it on, “Lady Shimmer’s plan has gone as it should,” Sunny whispered before she left, “Nothing personal, dearie.” She finished as she turned back to Rarity.

Just as Sunny started out, “Wait… stop… thief…” Rarity tried to say, but she was in no shape to do much. “Must help...Applejack,” she tried but she could barely walk. “So much for tonight.”


After Sunny Flare ran into the room Rarity was forced into, Sugarcoat watched as Applejack began to get her sight back. For the paladin, it was all a big white blur when Sunny hit her with that Sunbeam. Sugarcoat knew she had the chance to charge forward to take the Element, but it ran the risk of her not being able to stop Applejack from following her and Sunny long enough for the two to get away. All she could do was wait a few more seconds. But she could do something, “I am given to understand that Paladins are resistant to divine magic. Given that my associate is a cleric, that rumors seems to be little less than that.”

“It ain't as black and white as Y'all think,” Applejack said as she closed her eyes and then open them and was able to see, granted still very blurry, “Now that’s more like it. Now, who the buck are yah?” Applejack said as she reached for her dropped sword.

“Applejack Apple, Paladin of Sweet Apple Temple. I’ve heard of you,” Sugarcoat commented as she took out a cloth and took off her glasses to clean them.

“Funny, Ah ain’t heard a lick about yah, Salt Lick. Nor does that answer my question,” Applejack stated as she charged Sugarcoat.

Sugarcoat was able to, from Applejack’s still visually compromised perspective, effortlessly evade her. Tripping the paladin in the process. “Salt Lick, a reference to the somewhat bitter flavored saltlicks used on farms, your current use is meant to indicate that you don’t particularly like a person, as opposed to your more traditional Sugarcube, which is a reference to a treat favored by domesticated equines and implications are self-evident. Not that creative are you?”

As Applejack got back up with some difficulty, “Doesn’t address that ya know me, but Ah still don’t know yah!” Applejack grunted before she felt Sugarcoat place both her hand on Applejack’s back.

“Which gives me all the advantages, Abbelya'akova. Now hold still for a minute,” Sugarcoat stated. Applejack couldn’t move, not even blink. It was just like when the Tanatbus cast his hold spell on her almost a year ago. Walking around to face Applejack, Sugarcoat started to explain. “It’s Truename magic. It only works for a short period of time and only when someone knows the true name of something, in the case of people, it which last much shorter and rarely, if ever, works exactly the same way twice. In the case of paladins and clerics, due to their connection to the Teachings, it’s a one time deal. Which is all I need it to be as it has granted all the time Sunny Flare and I need to escape to our rendezvous with the Element of Generosity,” It was then that Sugarcoat noticed that Applejack was no longer wearing the Element of Honesty, this actually shocked Sugarcoat, “Ditched it when you got your sword, clever.”

Sunny Flare then came out of the room Rarity was sent into wearing the Element of Generosity. “Got it, let’s go, dearie,” she called as she ran past the two. As she placed her hand to her ear as if to communicate via an ear placed comlink, “Sunny Flare reporting in, Sugarcoat and I have the Element of Generosity and Phase 4 is now completed. Lemon Zest, Sour Sweet, you both are up to start Phase 5. Indigo, if you have the Element of Loyalty or not, it’s time to fall back, dearie.”

“You might have better luck next time.” Sugarcoat said as she followed Sunny Flare. Applejack could only seeth in divine wrath as she was forced to wait until the minute-long hold spell was up.


After running past Rarity and Applejack, Indigo Zap continued to find Rainbow Dash exiting her room with her bow, “Too slow.” Indigo said, her hands glowing indigo as she closed the distance before the elementalist could take aim. She then punched Rainbow Dash in the sides and gut, forcing Rainbow Dash back as if she was struck by the Magical Missile spell. As Rainbow Dash struggled to recover, Indigo took stock of the elementalist and noted that she was no longer wearing the Element of Loyalty. “Ah poo.” Indigo pouted at that, however, she had just enough time to respond to and dodge Rainbow Dash ‘s rainbow-colored arrow. “WOAH!”

“TASTE THE RAINBOW, MOTHER FUCKER!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed as she continued her volley. However, Indigo seemed to dodge each and every bolt like it was going as fast as a leaf falling to the ground on a windless day. “How are you so fast?!”

Indigo chuckled as indigo colored plasma formed around her hands and feet, “What’s the matter, afraid to get zapped?” Indigo then zapped to be right in front of Rainbow Dash. She jammed her right elbow into Rainbow’s chest and then hit Rainbow’s face with the back of her right hand, before punching her in the chest and turning so to roundhouse kick Rainbow Dash sending Rainbow flying back as she was shocked by the charge of the plasma she was punched with. As Indigo started to walk towards Rainbow, she stopped as she heard Sunny’s voice through the comlink, ‘Sunny Flare reporting in, Sugarcoat and I have the Element of Generosity and Phase 4 is now completed. Lemon Zest, Sour Sweet, you both are up to start Phase 5. Indigo, if you have the Element of Loyalty or not, it’s time to fall back, dearie,’. Indigo Zap groaned, but she knew it was not worth arguing with Sunny, the plan was going as it should, just would have been better if they could grab the Elements of Honesty and Loyalty. Just as she pouted she spotted the Element of Loyalty on Rainbow Dash’s bed. She grinned as she placed her left hand to her ear, “Phase 4 is a bigger success than expected,” she said as she went in and grabbed the Element of Loyalty, putting it on as she left the still recovering Rainbow Dash, striking the elementalist in the back of her head as she passed, knocking Rainbow out.


Around the same time Applejack, Rarity and Rainbow Dash left the room the CMC were in, Fluttershy was supporting a barely focused Pinkie Pie. The jester was tried but she also drunk, “So Fluttershee, do all Skyborn like to try things?” she asked as if she was trying to court the druid in her drunken state. “Or is it just jocks like Dashie?” she continued before erupting in a very deep laugh.

Fluttershy didn’t know how to respond to Pinkie at first, but did try something, “Um, Pinkie, are you…”

“Nope, but you are so~ cute~, who wouldn’t want you?” Pinkie asked as planted a kiss on Fluttershy’s lips, this froze Fluttershy as Pinkie fell to the ground in a giggling bout, rolling on the floor.

A solid red-faced Fluttershy slowly turned creaking like someone stepping on a wooden step in an old house. “I am going to my room.” she squeaked as she took out her hairpin and covered her face with her long pink hair. She left Pinkie on the floor unaware of two other women very close by. One was the pistachio green haired Magicborn Lemon, Lemon Zest being her full name and the Earthborn with her hair in a ponytail. Lemon was dressed in a sleeveless pale amaranth shirt that also exposed her midriff with a pair of pants grayish arctic blue in color, a black lightning bolt embroidered on the front with a purple plaid skirt. On her hips looked like a small box with a wire that connected it to her headset. The Earthborn with her had a double-headed battle-ax with a handle about a meter long, on her back. She wore a pair of pants that were light grayish gold in color, with a sleeveless shirt made from the coat of a bear, with a black lightning bolt dyed in the front, with the bear’s own mouth as opening for her right arm.

‘Sunny Flare reporting in, Sugarcoat and I have the Element of Generosity and Phase 4 is now completed. Lemon Zest, Sour Sweet, you both are up to start Phase 5. Indigo, if you have the Element of Loyalty or not, it’s time to fall back, dearie,’ came Sunny Flare’s voice in the two’s ears.

Shortly then came Indigo Zap’s voice, ‘Phase 4 is a bigger success than expected’.

“Way to go, Indigo! Lemon Zest here,” Lemon said as she placed her right hand on her headset, “Me and Sour…”

‘Sour and I,’ Sunny’s voice stated, ‘please don’t butcher your grammar, dearie.’

“Whatev’, we’re ready, so should Sour Sweet get her target as ‘Sour’ or ‘Sweet’?” Lemon asked.

‘We’ve been over this, Lemon, you attach more with honey than with vinegar, Sour Sweet is supposed to try by being sweet first.’ Sugarcoat informed.

“I’ll try to be… ooh, is that a bunny following the druid. It’s so adorable. Can I pet the bunny?” Sour said in an almost diabetes inducing degree of sweetness.

‘You can call it ‘George’ if it makes you happy, dearie, just get the Element.’ Sunny’s voice responded very patiently with the extremely chipper Sour Sweet.

“YAY!” And Sour was off to pet the rabbit, unbeknownst to her the rabbit was… Angel Bunny.

Watching on before she went to Pinkie Pie, all the while the jester got back to her feet and headed towards her own room, Lemon spoke to Sunny with the comlink, “Something is going to go terribly wrong, and she’s going to lose it, isn’t she?”

‘It was a risk we all had to take. Better get a calming song at the ready for her. It’s all on you, dearie.’

“I’ll get a good one,” Lemon muttered to herself, after changing off of the comlink, she started to shuffle through her collection of music looking for a song. It took less than a second for her to find one and start playing it. As she bobbed her head to the beat, “Sweet,” she then joined in with the song’s lyrics, “I'm not a fan of puppeteers, but I've got a nagging fear
Someone else is pulling at the strings
Something terrible is going down through the entire town
Bringing anarchy on all it brings.”


Fluttershy entered her room, forgetting to shut the door. She slumped onto her bed before she felt Angel Bunny hop next to her and affectionately brushed against her arm. “Thank you, Angel,” Fluttershy said as she rolled onto her back and sat up. “Well it was quite a day, I feel bad for Twilight, meeting all those strangers from all over Mystica and the world, I don’t know if I could handle it as well.” Angel couldn’t argue with that but hopped to her side and place his paw on her leg. “Thank you, Angel. People don’t give you enough credit, they just don’t understand rabbits.”

“I love bunnies!” came a very cheerful voice Fluttershy never heard before. The druid turned to see the Earthborn maid that had rose hair with light rose and aquamarine streaks in a ponytail, but she wore pair of pants light grayish gold in color, with a sleeveless shirt made from the coat of a bear, with a black lightning bolt dyed in the front, with the bear’s own mouth as the opening for her right arm (Sour Sweet) in the doorway. “They’re so cute and soft and fluffy.”

“Um… who are you?” Fluttershy asked as she got off her bed and walked to her dresser for her staff and pouch, preparing to fight the stranger.

“My name is Sour Sweet, but my friends call me either Sour or Sweet, depending on my mode.” Sour Sweet answered as she rushed in and picked Angel up from the bed. “Aw, he’s the cutest wittle wabbit ever.” She said as she rubbed her cheek against Angel’s.

Fluttershy was trying to process everything, a stranger dressed in a shirt with one of its sleeveless shoulders as the open mouth of a bear came into her room uninvited and was rubbing Angel’s cheek. “Um… Ms. Sweet… would you be so kind to…”

“I am here to take your Element. My friends and I are here to take them all. So do you mind handing it over, PLEASE!” Sour answered as she continued to fawn over the rabbit. As she stopped rubbing her cheek against Angel she held him in her left hand as she continued to pet him. “He’s such a sweetie.”

Fluttershy didn’t know what to do, should she run or stay. But then she noticed Angel was frowning. That was not uncommon, but he began to growl, or as close to a growl as a rabbit can. “You might want to stop, he doesn’t like being pet by strangers, or friends sometimes,” Fluttershy said.

“But he’s so soft and fluffy.” Sour Sweet replied. Just then she reached out with her right hand to pet Angel again.

Fluttershy saw Angel open his mouth and just as Sour’s right hand was almost in range, “Angel, no, don’t”....”

CHOMP

Too late. Angel bit Sour’s right hand. As Sour started to tear up and give a whimper, Angel hopped over to Fluttershy and gave her a slight scowl, not pleased that Fluttershy didn’t take him away earlier. But before Fluttershy could scold Angel, Sour stopped whimpering and started to breathe forcefully, as if to hold back from exploding. “Not good…” Fluttershy squeaked as she started to connect the dots, the bear coat shirt should have been her biggest clue, Sour Sweet was a Berserker, and her ‘Sour’ state was her frenzy.

Sour took her battle-ax off her back and took it with her right hand. She stopped breathing and roared as she stroke her chest with her left hand. As she took her battle-ax with both hands she looked at Fluttershy with the intent to...“I AM GONNA KILL YOU, AND YOUR RASCALLY RABBIT, TOO!” Sour roared and charged at Fluttershy. Fluttershy cried in fear as she flew out of her room as fast as she could, but Sour was easily able to keep pace. “COME BACK HERE AND TASTE MY AX!”


As Pinkie was about to enter her room she noticed her fingers were randomly tapping as if with an untuned piano, “That’s funny, someone’s singing about Discord,” she commented before looking around.

She then spotted the pistachio-colored hair Magicborn from before, but she was not in the maid outfit but dressed in a sleeveless pale amaranth shirt that also exposed her midriff with a pair of pants grayish arctic blue in color, a black lightning bolt embroidered on the front with a purple plaid skirt (Lemon Zest). She was singing and bobbing her head with her eyes close to the beat, “I’m fine with changing status quo, but not in letting go
Now our world is being torn apart
A terrible catastrophe played by a symphony,
What a terrifying work of art,”

The Magicborn then dropped to her knees and thrust her hand up into the air in a fist, clearly enjoying the song, all that while sliding to be much closer to Pinkie Pie. "I can’t sit idly, no I can’t move at all,
I curse the name the one behind it all!” as she finished that last part she opened her eyes and held out her hand as if to ask Pinkie for a hand up.

Pinkie helped her back to her feet and then joined in with the Magicborn as the two sang, “Discord, I’m howling at the moon”

The Magicborn stopped as if the two were going to alternate lyrics, “And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon” Pinkie sang by herself. As she finished she pointed back to the Magicborn.

“Discord, whatever did we do,” the Magicborn sang by herself.

“To make you take our world awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay?” the two sang together, “DISCOORRDD!” The two stopped before repeating and started laughing, having found a common interest.

Pinkie then took a long look at the Magicborn, “You look familiar.” Pinkie commented and then she got it, “You’re the maid, the meanie head maid called ‘Lemon’. She was a big party pooper taking off your headset like that.

“Yeah, Sunny can be such a stick in the mud. Name’s Lemon Zest, dude.”

“ I am…”

“Pinkamena Diane Pie, better known as Pinkie Pie and you are here to say,” Lemon started to sing.

“I’m gonna make you smile and I will brighten up your day!” Pinkie sang and stopped. “I love that song.”

“Yeah, dude, it’s pretty rad. But I am gonna have to take that,” Lemon said as she pointed to the Element of Laughter.

Pinkie followed Lemon’s hand and started to laugh, “Ah that was a good one. You steal the Element of Laughter,” She even started to cry in her laugh, but as she noticed that Lemon’s deadpan. “You’re serious,” Lemon nodded in silence. Pinkie took a step back in thought, it didn’t take her long to have something. “You like music, right?”

“Love it.”

Pinkie then reached into her hair and pulled out an oversized movable subwoofer that was large enough to rival a Party Cannon, “Well, you’ll won’t love this.”

“What is that?” Lemon asked as she looked the subwoofer over from the front.

Pinkie the flip a glass case that covered a big red button. “A gift from a friend, Vinyl Scratch. It’s a BASS CANNON!” Pinkie yelled as she hovered her right index finger over the red button, “And as Vinyl would sign, FEEL THE WUBS!”, which Pinkie signed as she shouted before pressing the button. While the initial shock of it forced Lemon back and off her feet, she was able to get back up and walk into the sonic waves as if it was nothing. “What!!!!” Pinkie’s mind could not understand what was going on in front of her.

Lemon stopped before about halfway in her approach, “I love the wubs.” Lemon then punched the wall causing it crack. “They make me stronger.” Pinke froze with her mouth hanging open, unable to fathom what just happened, with what sounded like a porcelain platter falling and shattering. Lemon capitalized on this and took the Element of Laughter off of Pinkie’s neck. “Thanks, dude, you’re awesome.” She then walked to the bass cannon and turned it around, “Rock on!” she said as she pressed the button firing it. She then put her left hand to the left earmuff of her headset, “Zesty reporting, I got the Element of Laughter, I am falling back to the rendezvous. Can I…”.

‘Whatever it is, you can’t take it, dearie,’ was the surprisingly calm and patient response she got from Sunny Flare, causing the Sonic Mage to pout. But she accepted it, there was no way she could bring it with her.

After a second, Lemon touched her headset to change to restart the song that she had playing and when the lyrics started, she began to sing along again. “I'm not a fan of puppeteers, but I've got a nagging fear
someone else is pulling at the strings…”, Lemon started to sing as she was about to walk away, bobbing her head.

However, she stopped as she heard, ”I’M GONNA KILL YOU AND YOUR RASCALLY RABBIT TOO!” followed by screams of fright and then “COME BACK HERE AND TASTE MY AX!” Lemon knew it was Sour Sweet going after Fluttershy. What followed was a shockingly ursine sounding roar. Lemon turned to see Fluttershy coming toward her, tears of fright in her eyes with Sour hacking all the way down the hall.

Lemon looked to the bass cannon and smiled as she went over to it and aimed it at Fluttershy, “Feel the wubs,” she said as she fired it sending Fluttershy into a wall and knocking her out, and slowing Sour Sweet. Making the berserker walk like she was going against a gale. Lemon then walked to the stunned druid. “Thanks, dude,” She took the Element of Kindness and then walked up to the still raging Sour, “Try this on, and check this out,” Lemon said as she the Element of Kindness onto Sour and then her headset. As Sour calmed down she gave a smile. Lemon took the headset back and stopped the music, “Lemon reporting, Phase 5 was a success, you’re up, boss,” Thinking she started the music up again, “Discord, I'm howling at the moon,
And sleeping in the middle
of a summer afternoon…”

‘LEMON, YOU’RE STILL ON THE COMLINK CHANNEL!’ Came Sugarcoat’s, Indigo’s, Sunny’s and a fourth voice, none of them all that happy.

“Oops…” Lemon then corrected that and returned to her song as Sour Sweet traveled with her to the rendezvous spot.


Elsewhere, Twilight and Flash walked slowly through the castle, but they didn’t go directly to Twilight’s room. The two arrived at one of the walls looking out of the castle to the city of Chantalot proper about thirty minutes after they left the ballroom. They then took a seat on one of the benches seating next to each other, Twilight resting her head on Flash’s shoulder. “Guess I misjudge how this night would turn out,” she then gave a blissful sigh. Looking back to the sky, “It’s a beautiful night,” she commented softly.

“And we call it bella notte,” Flash started to sing softly as he turned his head to look at Twilight, “Look at the skies
They have stars in their eyes
On this lovely bella notte.”

“You really like those old songs, don’t you?” Twilight asked jokingly stopping him there with a blush on her face knowing that Flash was not talking about the sky.

“Hey, the classics are the classics for a reason,” Flash joked back. “Unless you want something more recent?” He asked with a confident smirk.

“No, I am good,” Twilight replied as they looked into each other eyes before leaning in for a kiss. Suddenly Flash stopped and looked to his right, “What is it?”

“Something’s wrong,” Flash answered as a scowl started to form on his face. He then got up and took Twilight by her hand pulling her up. “We got to get you to the royal panic room now!” Flash said as he started to pull Twilight behind him.

“Wait! Stop! What’s going on?” Twilight said as she pulled her arm out of his grip. She was shocked at that, not that Flash was dragging her, but that she was able to get out of his hold. Magicborns were not known to be able to break out of the hold of the other races’ grips.

“I don’t know, but … oh no…” Flash said as he looked to see a fire in the direction of the dance hall, “Fire,” he whispered.

Twilight then turned and saw the hall where the ball was smoking, she gasped knowing it was only a short matter of time before it would spread to rest of the castle. “Get Shining Armor and the rest of the guard, get the firefighters, everyone you can, I am going to do what I can to stop the spread,” Twilight then started running back to the hall.

“Wait! Princess! You can’t!” Flash shouted back before he started after her. Normally he would overtake anyone he charged after but now he was racing a demigod. Even the lowest of demigods were leagues above the rest Mystica’ population. “Damn it!” he cursed as he stopped and started to let his ethereal wings build up speed, it would take him a few seconds for his wings to reach the desired speed. “I hate using this boon in a building,” he muttered and then shot in the direction Twilight was running in at the speed of light. While this easily allowed Flash to close the distance, traveling at such a speed left little time to maneuver. Something someone inside a building could capitalize on, a certain red and yellow-haired Magicborn did. As soon as Twilight past an arch away a door was slammed into Flash’s face. After two seconds he recovered, grunting in pain, and checking to see if anything was broken, fortunately, his boon of lightspeed flight offered him a bit of indestructibility, but it still hurt immensely. “FUCK!” he cursed, “Damn it, Twilight,” he muttered as he flew to find another way to back to the hall, while also sounding the fire alarms.

Twilight managed to get to the dance hall only to see that what she saw was a whole lot of black smoke, but only a small fire, “That doesn’t make any sense,” Twilight muttered to herself as conjured a small cloud and had it pour, putting out the fire. With it completely out she walked up to the burnt wood and picked some of it up. As she examined it, she tried to identify the species, but it was a type of tree she knew nothing of.

“Rubber is a very interesting tree. Can be used to make a shock-absorbent lining for the wheels of a wagon and chart, if not entire wheels, but when set on fire, well a little goes a long way,” came a female voice that was slightly deeper than Twilight’s own voice and had a more sinister tone. Twilight turned to as a female Magicborn somewhere in age between her and Cadance. She wore a royal purple top which went below her hips, with a yellow skirt, a large orange sash went around her waist with a golden sun with the center vacant as some sort of buckle for the sash on her left side. Part of her top was black leather that went over her shoulders and covered her back and seemed to come back to the front around her navel, there was a series of studs in the leather at her shoulder. That all said her arms and legs were mostly bare save for the black heeled shoes on her feet. On her head was a tiara that was shaped to look like the sun-shaped buckle in the front with a gem that looked like a red and yellow yin-yang but there was no red dot in the yellow and not yellow dot in the red. She had cyan eyes and her hair was sunset red with yellow stripes that made her hair looked not unlike strips of bacon. “Surprised to see me, Sparkle.”

“Who are you? How do you know my name?” Twilight asked as she prepared to fight, her focus gem glowing.

The other Magicborn only leaned against one of the walls and started to sing mockingly waving her right index finger back and forth as if to match the rhythm of the song in question, “The Princess Twilight cometh...Behold, behold," She stopped singing as she squeezed both her hands and opened them to reveal two fireballs, “Oh give me a break. FIREBALLS!” she shouted the last part as she sent both her fireballs at Twilight. Twilight responded by firing magic missiles from her focus gem as she took to flight. However, the Magicborn teleported in a ring of fire and re-appeared above Twilight kicking her in the face. This forced Twilight to the ground and the Element of Magic from her. The other Magicborn then dove at the Element of Magic in a ball of fire. “Too easy,” She commented as she started to leave the hall.

Twilight, however, recovered faster than her assailant expected and ran after her calling out, “STOP HER! THIEF! HALT! THIEF!” After a few meters of this as the thief was about five meters ahead of Twilight, Twilight elected to teleport to right in front of the pyromancer thief. “Gotcha!” However, before she reclaimed her tiara the pyromancer teleported five meters ahead. “Huh?” Twilight asked herself, but she teleported again, and again her query teleported ahead.

There is a quote from a Earthborn scientist that goes, ‘Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result each and every time,’ sadly, that definition applied to Twilight in this situation as the two went deeper and deeper into the castle, past Celestia’s personal studies, to a part of the castle Twilight didn’t recognize in the slightest. But Twilight knew one thing, as a demigoddess, she could keep this teleport thing up longer than even the most powerful Magicborn. Before Twilight knew it, the thief arrived at a door and was about to open it. Twilight seized her chance and tackled the redhead. In the immediate scuffle, they forced the door open. “Give me back my Element!” Twilight ordered.

“Not a snowball’s chance!” the thief replied as she tried to keep the tiara from Twilight. As they continued to struggle, Twilight failed to notice that in the room there was a large mirror, a full body mirror at least one and half times the size of Big Mac, and it seemed to give off a faint glow like a was a clear pond reflecting moonlight. The pyromancer grunted in annoyance, “Not now!” she exclaimed before she threw the tiara in the direction of the mirror. Twilight tried to go after it, but she was pinned to the ground, forcing her to struggle to get her foe off of her and get to her tiara. All the while the tiara bounced on the ground going to the mirror until it made contact with the mirror. However, as it passed through it, Twilight froze utterly shocked at what she witnessed. “So Celestia never told you. Interesting,” the Magicborn commented as she saw Twilight’s confusion and capitalizing on it, broke free of Twilight’s and started to the portal. “I bet she didn’t tell you about me either.”

“Who are you and how do you know Princess Celestia or this place?” Twilight asked as she regained herself and tried to stop the woman by sending an ice blast at her.

The pyromancer responded very fast by evoking a firewall around her melting the ice, “Well let’s just say you are the failed attempt to replace me.”

“That doesn’t make any sense,” The pyromancer than started to laugh at Twilight, “That’s not funny!” Twilight exclaimed as she prepared to cast another spell.

“Oh it is, I knew she couldn’t replace me and if you’re the best she can do…” Just then the five maids that Twilight and crew passed entered the room, but now in their other outfits.

“Time to go, Lady Sunset Shimmer,” the mulberry haired Earthborn said as she and the other ran to the mirror. Twilight could not help but see that four of them had four of her friends’ Elements.

As the recently identified Sunset Shimmer started towards the mirror after the five, “Wait! Stop!” Twilight yelled as she ran to stop them.

Sunset Shimmer only chuckled in victory, “Give Celestia my regards. Later,” and dove into the mirror after the others.

As Twilight got to the mirror, the glow ended and the mirror looked like it was a normal mirror. All she could hear was Sunset Shimmer’s laugh. “No,” she cried as she pushed against it. “No,” she continued as she used her magic to try to make the portal open again, to no avail. “No,” She continued as she started to hit the mirror. “NO! NO!! NO!!!” Twilight screamed as she started to actually pound on the mirror. Unbeknownst to her, her friends arrived, each having barely recovered from their own encounters and managed to follow the five other young women to this room. All, however, too late to do anything.

Author's Note:

There are a few things that need to be addressed.

First, the Shadowbolts as presented, much like Catrina, Somnambula, and Grogar, are subjectable to retcon. Unlike the three villains who are subjectable to retcon from the show, the five Shadowbolts are from Didj's art.

Second, Sugarcoat's magic is loosely based on how magic functions in Ursula K. Le Guin's Earthsea series, if she knows something's or someone's true name, which is the etymological root of a word. Don't worry there are limits.

Third, I think it's obvious by now, I am a FlashLight shipper, however, I will concede that the execution of the relationship in EQG was... well if it was written out of the movie, EQG wouldn't have lost anything. There will be more in this story, and all I ask is for people to judge this story according to its own merits... although how I manage Sunset Shimmer from this point on in the story will be the major thing.

Fourth, I originally had it planned that the Shadowbolts would take all but Honesty and Loyalty but after some thought... it just seemed that Indigo would go out of her way to get her prize, as for Sugarcoat, well it seemed like she'd waste AJ's time

Well, see you all later.