• Published 27th Jan 2017
  • 15,832 Views, 146 Comments

Royal Guards in Training - Foal Star



On the eve of Nightmare Moon's return three royal guards were transformed into toddlers. Celestia now has to raise these three foals and keep them in line.

  • ...
8
 146
 15,832

Chapter 7: Jumping over the moon

Rain was now enjoying her salad, watching Bright Wing now strapped in his booster seat, with a blue bib tied around his chubby waist, while chewing on his carrot sticks. Rain cooed, “You are so adorable.”


Bright Wing blushed, “Oh this so embewassin.” He put his hooves over his face making Rain smile, “If you don’t stop, you're going to kill me with your cuteness.”


Bright Wing laughed, “I didn think ya would wike me bein a fowl.”


Rain laughed back, “I don’t mind at all, it’s just…” She looked at the ground as Bright Wing asked, “How about ya stay hewe fow a while? We can have awot of fun stiw.”


Rain replied, “Sure, after all I did take off a week from the weather factory.” She looked down with her mane falling over her eyes again. Bright Wing. not sure what else to do. just took up his sippy cup and began to suckle it loudly making Rain chuckle a bit. Then a waitress came out with a bright smile. “Aww, does our little guest like his food?” She asked.


He giggled and shouted, “Yeah, ya cawot sticks awe weally yummy, and ta apple juice is yummy ta!”


The waitress couldn't help but daww, “Oh thank you.” She began clearing the plates as she continued. “And for eating all of your food and being so well behaved, we thought that we would give you a cake.”


“Thank ya, bu is not my biwthday, is it?” Bright Wing replied with a confused look.


She smiled back at him, ”Oh it’s alright, we don’t get a lot of foals around here and it’s also an apology from that waiter for mistaking you as a big stallion earlier.”


He giggled at the remark as Rain also smirked. He then babbled with a smile, “Is fine, what kind of cake is it?”


“It’s vanilla, with a creamy frosting, and strawberries on top of it.” The waitress replied. She then took it out and slid it onto his tray with Bright Wing squealing, “Thank ya, missy!” She then took out the bill and laid it in front of Rain as she added, “You have an adorable son.”


Rain replied, “Thanks.” as the waitress left. Bright Wing then turned to Rain and said, “I stiw got my savings I ca wepay y-”


But Rain laughed, “It’s fine, I got it. You stop worrying about big pony stuff and enjoy your cake,” She took out a bag of bits, while Bright Wing chowed down on his cake giggling happily all the while. Rain looked up to see the cake gone and his face smeared with frosting while sucking his hoof. She laughed, “Oh, you got it all over you.”


Bright Wing looked up and tried wiping his face, only succeeding in getting frosting all over his hooves. Rain came over, took up a napkin and wiped off his face and hooves as he whimpered, “I sowie I got all messy.”


“Don’t worry, it’s quite alright,” Rain reassured him as she finished cleaning him up. She then picked him up and placed him on her back. He hugged her mane as she whispered, “Want to go back to the palace?”


He nodded his head, and as she flew off into the sky Bright Wing asked her, “So whew ya goin to stay?”


Rain shrugged, “I guess I’ll find a hotel around here.”


Bright Wing replied, “Di ya bwing any wuggage?”


Rain shook her head, “When I was told you were turned imto a foal I flew as fast as I could to get here.”


Bright Wing then asked, “How many bits do ya got weft?”


She blushed, “I think I just spent the rest I had on me.”


Bright Wing groaned, “Wew, wets go to ta bank and get more.”


She reluctantly flew to the bank, and while they were waiting in line Rain asked, ”Do you think you can get your bits as a foal?”


Bright Wing growled. “They betta.”


They came up to the teller, a unicorn mare with a snow white coat, a soft pink mane and tail cut short, and blue eyes, who smiled, “Oh hello, how may I help you today?” She asked.


Bright Wing babled, “I hewe fow money, pwease.”


The crowd around them laughed as the teller cooed,” “Oh that's adorable,” She then asked Rain. “Are you teaching your son about how a bank works?”


Bright Wing shook his head, “I Bwight Wing and I gonna take some bits out.”


The mare smiled and teased, “Oh, is your name Bright Wing?”


Bright Wing nodded, “Ya my pin is um...one,” Then he whispered in Rain’s ear “Wha comes afta one?”


Rain whispered in reply, “Two.” and Bright Wing then shouted, “Two!” Then he whispered, “Whas ta next ta numbas?”


Rain whispered again, “Three and four.” And Bright Wing shouted, “Tats it, my pin is one ta thwee fow!”


Rain laughed out loud. “Oh, that's adorable!”


Bright Wing giggled, “Well it’s easy ta wememba.”


The teller laughed as well. “Okay, Mr. Bright Wing, how many bits do you need?”


“Wew acuatuawy can ya give my accownt ova to my mawefwiend Wain?” Bright Wing asked.


“You sure that’s what you want?” The teller asked.


Bright Wing nodded, “Wew if thewe’s no cuwe fow this, I can’t weawy use my money anymowe.” He babbled.


Rain protested, “But Bright Wing..I only need a few bits for a hotel.”


Bright shook his head and hugged her mane tighter, “Is okay, ya can use my money fow whateva ya want.”


The teller smiled, before she cleared her throat and replied, “Um, Mr. Bright Wing, as much as I would love to do this for you, this does require some paperwork. And considering your age regression, can you still write?”


Bright Wing nervously laughed “I don think so, when I wgwessed I fowgot awot of things wike that.”


Rain laughed as she scooped up Bright Wing and said to the teller, “I could help him fill out the paperwork.”


The teller blushed and nodded, “Um I guess that will be fine.” She then took out some papers and a quill and pot of ink.


Rain took hold of the pen in her teeth and began signing some papers as Bright Wing told her what to write. After it was all done she turned to Bright Wing and asked, “So, I guess you're not twenty one anymore?”


Bright Wing laughed, “If I wememba cowectwy, I pwobabwy about two and a hawf.”


The teller took the papers and said to Rain, “Alright, Rain, all the money from Bright Wing’s account has been transferred to yours.”


Rain nodded as she whispered, “Thanks,” She then took a sack of bits and as she left the bank she whispered, “Thank you Bright Wing...I...I don’t think you should of done that.”


Bright Wing shook his head, “Is otay, ya need ta bits and I wove ya.” He hugged her even more as she giggled and said to him, ”Okay. Now how about I get you back to the palace before you mess all over my back?”


He blushed realising he wasn't wearing anything around his rump. “Yeah, good idea.” Rain then flew across the sky to the palace, with him hugging her back and nuzzling deep into her mane.


Celestia was now looking over Bucket Bridle and Cannon Feather in the their room as Bucket Bridle growled, “Whew di Bwight Wing go? Is alweady dawk.”


Cannon Feather turned and said, “He’s with his mawe fwiend, pwoaby making out.”


Bucket Bridle laughed. “Yeah, could ya imagine if he kissed hew when he twansfoms?!”


Celestia giggled and said to the foals, “Alright you two, I’m sure he’ll be back soon, but you two need to go to bed.”


The two groaned as they climbed into bed. As Celestia pulled the blanket up to their chins, Bucket Bridle looked around and began to wail, “Whew’s my Hopsey?!”


Celestia cooed, “I have him right here.” She took it out with her magic as she slipped it into Bucket Bridle’s hooves who snuggle his bunny as he whispered, “Hopsey.”


Celestia then told the foals, “Now, I need you two to get some rest. Now that we know you’ll be foals for good, we’re going to have to go to the doctors to make sure the age regression didn’t cause any health issues. Then we have to take care of some paper work tomorrow.”


“Aww!” The two foals groaned, as Cannon Feather grumbled, “It sownds bowing.”


Celestia smiled at the two and told them, “Yes, it’ll be a bit tedious but it’s very important that we get that stuff done.”


Cannon Feather nervously asked, “So um..” But then he threw the covers over his head in embarrassment. Luna herself was coming down the hall hoping to help tuck the foals to bed when she heard, “Awe you going to adopt us?”


Celestia paused, “I think we’ll discuss that later, don’t you worry Canon Feather, I’ll do everything in my power to make sure you won’t fall in your aunt and uncle’s hooves again.”


Cannon Feather smiled and shouted, “Thank ya, Cewestia!”


Luna stood outside with a smile, before she peeped in and asked, “So does thouest need any help from the Princess of the Night?”


Celestia turned towards her sister and replied, “Yes. And Luna, you don’t have to tell ponies, you're the Princess of the Night all the time.”


Luna blushed. “Right, still learning those new Equestrian customs.” She came up to the foals as Cannon Feather shouted, “Wuna, ya gonna tuck us in?!”


She smiled as she came over. “Yes, thy will tuck you in.” She came over and kissed them on the foreheads, just as Rain flew into the room. She smiled at the two princesses and the foals all tucked in bed as she asked, “So, um ,I guess Bright Wing has to go to bed too?”


Celestia turned to see Bright Wing snuggling into Rain then took him over to the bed, where she helped slip a pair of blue training pants over his rump, and helped him get him tucked in on the right side of Bucket Bridle who was still snuggling his bunny. She then whispered. “I’ll see you tomorrow”


Bright Wing hugged her face and kissed her on the muzzle as she nuzzled him. She then looked at him one more time when he babbled, “Wuv ya, Wain.” Rain gave a solemn smile and nodded. “I love you too.” She then left the room.


Luna came over to the bed, helped tuck the foals in underneath the sheets and kissed each of them on the forehead as Cannon Feather asked, “Can ya wead us a bedtime stowie?”


Luna took a book down from a nearby shelf and said, “Yes, thy shall read you a story. This one’s called: The Little Cow Jumps Over The Moon.”


They all groaned as Cannon Feather babled, “Wha about the coow one abou the aventuawa?”


Celestia gave them an eye as she explained, “We'll get back to that story once I know you won’t get out of bed.” The foals all blushed remembering the previous night. Celestia then left the room she looked back at her sister who continued with the story and thought, “Have fun, Luna, you deserve it.” While the foals listened with peaked interest.


Luna continued with her soft tone. “Once upon a time, there was a little cow all alone in a field.”


Cannon Feather asked. “Whas the cow big?”


Luna smiled as she replied. “No, the cow was small. He was a baby cow.”


“Oh.” The foals all said together, as Luna continued with the story. “Now the cow was a very scared and nervous cow The cow looked up at the moon every night, happy that its glow kept the dark night at bay.”


Wai, is ta cow weal? Di ya see ta cow?” Bright Wing asked.


Bucket Bridle shook his head and babbled. “No way, tat cow gots ta be fake.”


Luna laughed. “Of course the cow is fake, it's only a story.”


Cannon Feather then asked. “Bu can cows weally jump ova moons?”


Luna laughed out loud as as she shook her head. “No, nothing can jump over moons,” She then continued the story, narrating: “The cow loved the moon so much because of its light. And so it was that he asked himself: ‘What if I could jump over it?’”


Bucket Bridle babbled. “He betta be caweful, ow he gonna faw and huwt himsewf.”


Luna snickered as she turned the page. “The cow’s mom did tell him: ‘Dear, you can't jump over the moon. Now come over here, it's time for bed.’”


Bright Wing whispered. “I bet my candy stash he gonna get in big twouble with his mommy.”


Cannon Feather turned and babbled. “I bet my cookie stash his mommy is gonna wove him jumpin ova moons.”


Luna then continued (while trying to maintain her patience). “The cow then decided to try and jump over the moon before he went to bed. He jumped, but didn’t get really far.”


“Awwww.” The foals moaned together. Then Luna turned the page. “But the cow was determined. He turned to a puddle reflecting the moon, and tried to jump over one more time. He jumped and…” The foals all gasped, and Luna smiled as she read: “...He made it! He jumped over the puddle!”


The foals all giggled as Luna continued the story. The cow ran back to his mom shouting: ‘Mommy, I jumped over the moon!’ The mother cow hugged her son and helped him nuzzle into her as she whispered: ‘I'm proud of you.’ And they both said: ‘I love you.’ The end.” Luna proceeded to close the book. The foals all groaned and Cannon Feather laughed “He didn jump ova ta moon though.”


Luna replied with a smile. “Well he kind of did, didn't he?” She then went over to each foal, kissed them goodnight, and said to them. “Now go to bed. It's late.” She then went to the door and closed it as she whispered. “Goodnight.” The foals all babbled in unison “Night Wuna.”She then closed the door as they all snuggled in their blanket.


Cannon Feather whispered, “Bwight Wing, ya owe me some candy.”


Bright Wing grumbled. “Ta cow didn even jump ova ta moon.” That made all the foals laugh.


Later the next day, the three foals were now in a doctor's office, where they were kicking their legs and waiting patiently. The doctor himself was old, he was a white coated unicorn with a flimsy red mane that starting to turn gray, and faded green eyes. With a cutie mark of a stethoscope on his rump. He began their checkup, while Celestia sat patiently waiting to hear the results. The doctor listen to the foals hearts, making them shiver as he placed his stethoscope on each colt’s chest. He then had them open their mouths, and he looked around. After the check ups he wrote something down on a pad with his magic, went back to Princess Celestia and told her, “I can tell you that all three foals are perfectly healthy.


Celestia sighed but smiled. “That’s good, anything else?”


The doctor replied, “As far as I can tell, as you said they were..um regressed. I believe without a doubt that all three are 2 years and 6 months old.”


Celestia nodded, “Well I think I guessed that, but that’s still good to know for sure.”


He continued, “I'm also quite surprised at how they’ve lost all signs of puberty, and that their adult teeth are now all back to developing baby teeth. I suggest that they only eat soft foods that have been boiled or steamed, nothing raw, and have them teeth on something once in awhile.”


“Very well, I'll keep that in mind.” Celestia agreed.


The doctor added. “Also, even for foals they are quite overweight, I don’t know why but it’s quite unhealthy. So I suggest you cut down on their snacks and fatty foods for awhile.”


The foals all growled and mumbled under their breath as Celestia laughed, “Yes, I’ll make sure to feed them healthy foods.”


The doctor smiled, and came back to the foals as he helped them off the bench. Then Bright Wing asked, “Um, docta?”


“Yes child, what is it?” The doctor asked.


Bright Wing whispered, “Can...can I tawk ta ya pwivatwy about somthin?”


”Is it somthing related to your private parts?” The doctor asked Bright Wing.


Bright Wing nodded as he turned to Celestia who simply said, “Alright Bucket Bridle, Cannon Feather, let’s grant Bright Wing his privacy.”


Cannon Feather and Bucket Bridle were both escorted away as Bright Wing turned back to the doctor and asked, “Docta, I hawe a mawefwiend ya see, and I gots ta ask...” He paused, now a little embarrassed. The doctor eyed him as he continued, “Wiw I be able to hawe fowls of my own stiw, when I get bigga?”


The doctor smiled, “Well, do you remember how foals are made?”


Bright Wing blushed as he replied, “A wittle, I wememba when a mawe and stawion wove each otha and all tat.”


The doctor smiled, “Well your age regression did turn you into only a two and a half year old, which makes it almost impossible to see if you can make foals at the moment. So I won’t know if that affected your ability to have foals until you become an adult again.”


Bright Wing nodded and mumbled, “Okay, thank ya anyways.” The doctor lead him back out to his friends as Celestia bowed her head, “Thank you for doing a check up on my foal guards.” She said to him.


The doctor bowed, “It was no trouble, Princess. They were quite well behaved.”


Cannon Feather asked, “So we got nothing wong with us, nothing weiwd wight?”


“Nope, you're all perfectly healthy, except for your weight, so you better eat your greens, have plenty of exercise, and don't each too much cake.” The doctor adivised, and he turned to Celestia with a smile as the princess blushed. “I should keep my cravings in check around the foals.” She thought.


Bucket Bridle waddled up to the doctor and asked, “So wha about my tummy, do I stiw gots the achies?”


The doctor blinked a few, times confused on what Bucket Bridle had said. Then Celestia politely explained, “Um his mother told me that as a foal he had issues with digestion. Is that still true?”


The doctor came up to Bucket Bridle, poked his stomach, and felt about, making Bucket Bridle giggle as he grew a smile on his face, “Hmmm. I can’t really tell, but if you had issues with digestion as a foal, I have no doubt you have those problems now.” The doctor answered.


Bucket Bridle groaned, “Okay, wew at weast I know not ta have any pwunes ow waisins.”


The doctor ruffled his mane as he got up and said with a laugh, “Yes, I would suggest the same thing to all of you. Only old ponies like me need prunes.”


Celestia bowed her head, “Thank you for the advice.”


The doctor chuckled. “No problem, have fun you three.”


They all shouted “We will!” And ran off with Celestia.


The foals were now in a bland legal office, sitting on Celestia’s lap before a mare in a chair typing stuff on a typewriter. The three were poking each other while giggling, “You’re it! No, you’re it!” over and over. The brown coated boring looking earth pony mare with thick glasses over her big yellow eyes, sat behind the desk and gave them a mean look. This made the foals stop as she then looked up with a look of disdain as she asked, “So Princess Celestia, are you going to be their legal guardian?”


Celestia blushed as she replied, “No, I just want to change their legal age, and have the bits in their bank accounts stored until they become adults again.”


The mare nodded as Bright Wing replied, “Uh, Cewestia, I um...gave my accownt ta Wain.”


Celestia smiled and said, “Oh, how generous of you.”


Bright Wing nodded and babbled, “Thank ya.”


The mare grumbled, “Wery well, now do any of you remember how to write?”


They all shook their heads as they babbled in unison, “No.” making Celestia laugh. The princess then cooed, “Don't worry, I'll help you out.” So as the mare explained the paperwork Celestia took the foal’s hooves with her own and helped write their signatures.


Bright Wing gasped, “So, we weally goin ta be officawy two and a hawf?!” He asked the mare with the glasses.


The mare replied, “Yes, from this day forth you will be officially foals. Your money will be transferred into safe accounts until you become of legal age.”


Cannon Feather whispered “Bu who’s going ta cawe fow us?”


The mare sighed, as she pointed to a paper on the table. “This explains that you are to be under Princess Celestia’s care until you’re officially adopted.”


They all gasped, “Weally?!” They then all looked up at Celestia, who said happily, “Yes, of course. Now let's get it signed.” As she helped each of the foals write their names again on the parchment. The mare in the glasses took the papers and scrutinized them as she nodded her head. The foals began to poke each other again until Celestia gave them a glare. The mare muttered, “Well it looks like everything is good,” She then replied in a bored tone, “Princess Celestia, until further notice, you're the legal guardian of Cannon Feather, Bright Wing, and Bucket Bridle.”


Celestia hugged the three foals with her hooves, nuzzling each of them as she took the papers into her magic and bowed to the baffled clerk, “Thank you so much,” She then took her foals and chirped. “Come on you three, let's go home!” She lead them out of the office and down a long hall when Cannon Feather shouted, “Finawwy, is ova! Can we go do somthin fun?”


Celestia pondered for a second, “Well how about we go get some ice cream?”


“Ice cweam!” The foals all squealed and began jumping up and down in excitement as Celestia laughed, “Now calm down, we’ll only get ice cream if you behave.”


They all stood still and shouted, “Otay, Cewestia!” She then lead them to the chariot parked outside where they climbed in with her.


At the ice cream parlor, Celestia helped them get seat at a table and she then said, “Now, you three stay here. What flavors do you want?”


Cannon Feather pondered and then babbled, “I wan Vaniwa!”


Bucket Bridle blushed looking up. “Can I get chocowate?”


Bright Wing giggled and shouted,” Stwabeawy!”


Celestia nodded and kissed Cannon Father's forehead, “I'll get a vanilla for you,” She kissed Bright Wing on the forehead next, “Strawberry for you,” She then came over and kissed Bucket Bridle as she cooed, “And chocolate for you.”


She then went off to get them their ice cream, as the foals all looked at each other. Bucket Bridle sighed, “Wew, wooks wike we officawy fowls.”


Cannon Feather nodded, “So now tat we fowls foa good, wha ya goin to miss ta most about bein a adwlt?”


Bright Wing got sullen as he sunk in his seat, “I gonna miss weading, is going to be a whiwe befowe I can wead ta next Dawin Do book,” He then began to whimper as tears formed in his eyes, “I gonna miss Wain ta most though.” He began to wail as Cannon Feather asked, “Bu, isn she gonna staw hewe fow a whiwe?”


Bright Wing Looked up and nodded as he babbled, “Yeah, I gwess so.” He rubbed his tears from his face.


Bucket Bridle looked up. “Goin out wate at night dwinking wit my otha fwiends, bein abwe to tawk ta mawes without being dawwed at.” The other two foals giggled.


Cannon Feather babled, “I tink I gonna miss being able to choose wha foods we get ta eat.”


Celestia came over a short time later with their ice cream cones. The three foals squealed in delight as they began to lick their ice creams. Celestia turned to the three as they looked at her and she replied, “Now, I know this will be hard for you three coping with the idea that you're not adults anymore. So that’s why I delayed the adoption proceedings, because once we figure who will adopt you there won't be any going back,” They all nodded as she continued, “So, that’s why i’m leaving the decision to you three. We won’t discuss it now, just think it over and I want you three to think about who you want to be raised by, okay?”


They all nodded again as she smiled and said to them, “Now go on, eat your ice cream. You deserve it for being such well behaved foals.”


The foals all went back to eating their ice cream cones with sullen faces, unsure of what else to do.