• Published 25th Jan 2017
  • 2,130 Views, 171 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 3: Battle City Canterlot - Bahamut0



After Duelist Kingdom and The Friendship Games, Burst has made quite the name for himself. So much that Kaiba has taken notice and decided to host the next Battle City tournament in Burst's home town! But a new evil is lurking in the shadows.

  • ...
5
 171
 2,130

Duel 7: Rainbow's Ascension

"Man. This tournament is unreal!", Steel said as he saw the huge amounts of duels going on. "Kaiba wasn't kidding when he said this tournament would be city-wide!"

"Yeah! And I can't wait to take on any duelist that comes my way!", Rainbow Dash said with a cocky smile. "I've been fine-tuning my deck! Now to just take it for a test drive."

"Dash. I think you're gonna get a chance sooner than you think..."

"Why?"

"Because the chick who just won the duel is headed our way." Steel pointed to the winner of the duel that had just finished. It was a girl who Rainbow knew.

"Lightning Dust?"

"Well. Haven't seen you since you got me suspended.", Lightning Dust said with a smirk.

"You should've thought about what would've happened before you tried that stupid stunt! Someone could've gotten hurt!", Rainbow countered. She then looked at Lightning Dust's uniform. It was that of a Crystal Prep P.E. member. "But I guess you joined up with people who wanted to win just as badly as you did."

"Yeah. Cinch recognized my talent. She appreciated that I took risks! And you and your little friends got her fired! Get your deck ready! This is gonna hurt."

"Can't you see Cinch didn't care who she used or how she hurt them?! No. I guess not. If the same thing happened at Crystal Prep, she would've thrown you to the mob! I might be headstrong, but I THINK about the consequences! Let's duel!"

Rainbow Dash: 8000
Lightning Dust: 8000

"I've got the first move!", Lightning Dust said. "I summon Garum the Storm Vassal! Then I'll play Ground Collapse to lock down two of your monster card zones! I end my turn with one card face-down."

"I draw!" Rainbow Dash looked at her hand. 'Chances are she's gonna be playing with a bad temper! Meaning she's not gonna hold anything back! Well in that case, I'm gonna give it my all too! Someone's gotta make her come around!' "I summon Crystal Beast-Topaz Tiger in attack mode! Then I'll sick him on your Storm Vassal!" Topaz Tiger pounced on Garrum the Storm Vassal! Taking a chunk out of Lightning Dust's life points! "Then I'll set two cards and end my turn." 'Not a bad start. But it's how the duel ends that really counts!'

Rainbow Dash: 8000
Lightning Dust: 6800

"My turn to strike back! I play Card Advance to look at the top five cards of my deck and I can rearrange them in any order!" Lightning Dust looked at her next five cards, and altered their arrangement. "Now I'm allowed an extra tribute summon this turn in addition to my normal summon! I'll summon Speed Bird and then I'll tribute him! I summon Raiza the Storm Monarch!" Raiza appeared from out of a tornado! "Since he was tribute summoned, his effect activates! I can target and return one card on the field to the top of the deck! Say goodbye to Topaz Tiger!" A gust of wind sent Topaz Tiger flying back to the top of Rainbow Dash's deck! "Now I activate my trap! Xing Zheng Hu! Since two of your spell and trap zones are filled up, you can't use those zones anymore! Attack her directly Raiza!"

"AH!" Rainbow Dash shielded herself as Raiza fired a blast of wind that cut away at her life points!

"I'll end my turn with a face-down.", Lightning Dust said with a smirk.

Rainbow Dash: 5600
Lightning Dust: 6800

'That monsters a hurricane of fury! It's reflecting Lightning's stormy state of mind perfectly!' "You don't know what Cinch did, do you?", Rainbow Dash asked. "She blackmailed a student, my newest friend, and forced her to compete in the games! I know you liked to push your limits L.D. But would you ever sink that low?" Lightning Dust sighed.

"Ya got me there Dash. I might've been reckless, but I'm no cheat. Still. I wanna see which of us is the better duelist. I heard you participated in Duelist Kingdom. You even made it to the Semi-finals. So, show me what you got."

"It'd be my pleasure. I draw! I'll summon out Crystal Beast Amber Mammoth! Then I'll equip him with Crystal Release to boost him by 800 points! Attack Raiza!" Amber Mammoth charged at Raiza!

"Sorry Dash. But that's not gonna happen! I activate my trap! Compulsory Evacuation Device! This returns your monster to your hand and your equip spell goes to the graveyard!" Amber Mammoth was sent back to Rainbow's hand by a capsule!

"Just helps me since I can place a Crystal Beast in my spell and trap zone when Crystal Release is destroyed! I'll end my turn." 'At least I got her to come around. Just like those five who came to CHS.'

"I draw! Just what I needed. I'll tribute Raiza to summon Zaborg the Mega Monarch! Attack her directly! Thunder Strike!" Rainbow Dash cringed as thunder struck her life points! "I'll end my turn by playing March of the Monarchs! All tribute summoned monsters I control can't be targeted or destroyed by card effects! Now that's a card that pushes past limits."

Rainbow Dash: 2800
Lightning Dust: 6800

" And I'm almost at my limits!" Rainbow Dash drew her next card. "I summon Emerald Tortoise in defense mode and end my turn!" 'Her deck's like a storm! Full of sound and fury. But the rainbow comes after every storm!'

"In that case, I'll draw! I equip Zaborg with Shooting Star Bow-Ceal! This lowers his attack by 1000, but he can attack you directly!" Rainbow Dash winced as a lightning-charged arrow struck her life points! "I end my turn."

Rainbow Dash: 1000
Lightning Dust: 6800

'Not good. Most of my spells and traps were locked down. Not to mention I don't have that many Crystal Beasts on my field or in my grave, and I don't have Rainbow Dragon or Rainbow Dark Dragon to get me out of this! I'm really at the edge of my rope! I've only got 1000 life points left!' A rainbow-colored glow came from the top of Rainbow Dash's deck. "Huh?" Rainbow picked up the card. "Sweet! I finally got one! Why push past my limits...when I can break them instead!" Rainbow Dash activated her new card! "I play the spell card Rainbow Harmony Fusion! This lets me send fusion materials from my deck, hand, or banish them from my graveyard for the fusion summon of a specific fusion monster! I'll send Rainbow Dragon and Rainbow Dark Dragon from my deck to the graveyard to fuse them! I fusion summon Rainbow Ascension Dragon!" A rainbow of light shot down from the sky, and a magnificent dragon glided down it! He had cyan armor and a rainbow-colored mane, and had two pairs of majestic, feathery wings. One white, the other black. And his scales were every color of the rainbow from brightest to darkest through the length of his body. At the same time, Rainbow Dash ponied-up and grew a pair of feathery white dragon wings! "Now that he's been summoned, all other cards on the field and graveyard are returned to the deck! Rainbow's Wake!" A wave of rainbow-colored light shot out from Rainbow Ascension Dragon, and all the cards on the field and in the graveyard were returned to their decks! "Now he gains 300 attack for each card returned! There was eleven cards total, so he gains 3300 attack! Attack her directly! Ascended Spectrum Surge!" A stream of rainbow energy wiped out Lightning Dust's life points! "Good duel Lightning." Lightning Dust accepted Rainbow Dash's hand.

"Yeah. No wonder you made it to the finals. Nice new wings by the way." Rainbow Dash looked at her reflection, and noticed her new set of wings!

"Ohmygosh! Ohmygosh! Ohmygosh! YES! I finally got my own dragon powers!", Rainbow Dash screamed.

"Looks like we both got quite the upgrade. Eh, Dash?", Rainbow Ascension Dragon asked.

"Hi-Wing!" The two shared a hi-wing.

"Well, you won the duel. So here's the two locator cards I won. Congratulations. You just made it halfway to the finals."

"Sweet! Three down, three to go! Come on Steel! I'll fly us!"

"Man do I love you.", Steel said as Rainbow Dash hoisted him onto her back.

"HOLD ON TIGHT!" Rainbow Dash took off with Steel hanging on to her back. Both eager to find more duels.

Author's Note:

Rainbow Ascension Dragon Card Stats

Name: Rainbow Ascension Dragon
Attribute: Light
Type: Fusion/Dragon/Effect
ATK: 4000/DEF: 4000

Effect: Must be fusion summoned by "Rainbow Harmony Fusion" and cannot be special summoned by other ways. When this card is fusion summoned, return all other cards on the field and in the graveyard to each player's respective deck. This card then gains 300 attack for each card returned. When this card is destroyed, special summon one "Rainbow Dragon" and/or "Rainbow Dark Dragon" from your graveyard.