• Published 25th Jan 2017
  • 2,130 Views, 171 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 3: Battle City Canterlot - Bahamut0



After Duelist Kingdom and The Friendship Games, Burst has made quite the name for himself. So much that Kaiba has taken notice and decided to host the next Battle City tournament in Burst's home town! But a new evil is lurking in the shadows.

  • ...
5
 171
 2,130

Epilogue

The airship landed, and Burst and his friends got off and started on their way home. That is, until they each got a text from Pinkie Pie. "Meet up @ Sugar Cube Corner. Well, I guess we all know what's coming next!", Burst said with a smile. "Let's see what she's got planned. It'd be rude to keep her waiting." Burst and his friends soon arrived riding their monster partners. As Burst opened the door, all the lights were switched on!

"SURPRISE!" Burst and his friends saw their loved ones and friends had all prepared a party for them!

"Pinkie. You've outdone yourself.", Burst said with a smile.

"And that's not the best surprise~!", Pinkie chirped. Burst was confused what she meant, but soon found out as Celestia walked up to him!

"Oh! P-Principal Celestia! Didn't expect to see you here!", Burst said with a blush. Celestia let out a giggle.

"I was watching you duel in the tournament. You're quite the hero.", Celestia said with a smile. "But your story's missing a key part."

"And that is....?" Celestia wrapped her arms around Burst and leaned in. Burst knew where this was going, and smiled as he went along with it. Everyone was silent.

"The hero gets the girl.", Celestia said with a wink as she pulled out of the kiss. Burst gathered his thoughts, and decided to ask Celestia a burning question.

"Principal Celestia? If you're free....would you want to get together?" Celestia smiled warmly as Burst asked his question.

"It's a date." Burst's friends were in shock, while Burst had unspeakable joy.

"That...that's wonderful! But how are you not going to get into trouble for this?", Burst asked.

"Let's just say I have family ties to Super Intendent Faust.", Celestia said with a smile.

"Then I guess I'll see you Saturday.", Burst said with a small smile. "NOW LET'S PARTY!" The party went on, and soon Burst and his friends each headed to their respective homes.

At Ace, Ice, and Shadow's home....

"Man. I'm really craving that cake I saved from Pinkie's party for us.", Ace said as he made his way down to the fridge. However, he found an unexpected visitor as he arrived at the fridge.

"Sweet! Cake!", Midnight said as she pulled the slice of cake out. But as soon as she closed the fridge door, she froze when she saw Ace looking at her! "Oh. Was this yours?" Ace was silent for a moment before screaming at the top of his lungs.

"IIIICE!" Ace's yell woke up his whole house, and his family saw Midnight.

"I guess I've got some explaining to do...", Ice began. Ice told them about how he had found Midnight scared and alone after The Friendship Games, and how he'd let her live in his shadow. "She hasn't been hurting anyone, so I saw no reason to not let her stay."

"Huh. Kinda like Midna in Twilight Princess.", Shadow noted.

"So she's the reason why I need to stock the fridge more frequently.", Ice's mother said with a knowing nod.

"Well...she hasn't possessed you. I guess she can be alright.", Ice's father said with a shrug.

"You....you'd really let me stay?", Midnight asked. Ice and his family nodded.

"Welcome to the family little sis.", Ice said with a smile. Midnight grinned as she pulled them into a tight hug before releasing them.

"BEST DAY EVER!", Midnight cheered.

At Celestia and Luna's house...

Celestia had a blissful smile as she entered her and Luna's home. Luna noticed her sister's joyful mood. "I take it Burst asked you out Tia?", Luna asked with a smile. Celestia let out a fond sigh.

"Indeed he did.", Celestia said with a smile.

"So is he a good kisser?", Luna asked with a sly smile. Celestia blushed! "That good, huh?"

"Oh, enough Lulu!" Luna let out a giggle.

"Sorry. Hope you enjoy your date."

"Something tells me I will..."

Far away....

The cloaked figure was at a computer, and removed his cloak and put it in a closet. He had pulled up who won Battle City, and scowled. "No....NO! Again my plan has been ruined! This....Burst Stream....defeated Sombra AND Tirek! I was supposed to defeat them! No one should have been able to defeat them but me! And this duelist came out of nowhere and beat them! The world should be calling me their hero!" The figure then heard a knocking on his door. He regained his composure and opened the door.

"Son? Is everything alright?"

"Yes Aether. Just a little upset that I missed out on another tournament."

"Please. Can't you call me Dad? I did marry your mother, and I've been raising you as my own."

"I know. But you're still not my birth father. You have another family out there, don't you?" Aether Stream sighed.

"Yes. I had a wife and....a son. Things were going great for a while. He'd be your age now."

"If things were so good, why did you leave?", the figure asked.

"Because....my son didn't need me. My wife seemed to be the only parent he needed, so I saw no reason to stay. But my wife couldn't bear to have him think I left because of me. So...she just told him that things weren't working out. And not a day goes by when I regret not staying. But then I met you and your mother. And I guess I got to see you grow up." The figure had a small smile. "Anyway, who's the big winner of Battle City?"

"The same winner of Duelist Kingdom. His name's Burst Stream." Aether froze when he heard that name.

"....Is there a picture of him?" The figure shrugged and pulled up a picture of Burst standing triumphant at Battle City. "It....its him."

"He's who?"

"....My son. My first son. He's grown so much. I...I have a lot to think about." Aether retrated to his room. Meanwhile, the figure stared coldly at Burst's picture.

"So. The prodigal son returns.", the figure said coldly. "And it appears you've come back into Aether's life. Looks like a reunion will be in order....."

Comments ( 21 )

7919783
Epilogue is up!

7919936 so Awesome! 1. Burst and Celestia are together!... and now Shadow the only one who doesn't have a girlfriend 2.Midnight is now apart of the family of Ace Shadow and Ice. And 3. The reveled of the Figure! And now 2 things I'm looking for witch is the next story the Cyber story and how it's main focus is going to be on Ace and 2. When that reunion comes. Oh also 2 more things Nightmare being with Burst and Starlight being with shadow

7919936 awesome story my friend and I can't wait for the next upload for this story series please keep me posted on the story thanks and duel on my friend

You might want to tell your family things before hand Ice.

Corrupt school system there lol

7920397
So what did you think of the final duel?

7920402
It was one of your better ones, you raised the stakes for sure and Tirek is definitely handled much better this time around. I have high expectations for your Blitz Surge arc.

7920480
I knew you'd like it. ESPECIALLY since Burst whipped out Blue-Eyes Absolute when the duel was over.

7919983
Glad to hear you're hyped! Although...I don't know whether to make it a side-story or a main story.

7920511 Hmmm~ I say make it a main story

7920512
........Perfect!

7920514 :pinkiesmile: looking forward to it

7920511
I know I wasn't who you asked, but this should help in the future.
Before starting a story, consider the following questions:
1. Does this contain plot details that will be important in future stories?
2. Is this an adventure with Burst and friends?
3. Is there major character growth or introductions?
If any of the above are a yes then it should be a main story.

7920849
That being said, what did you think of the final duel in battle city?

7920849
Also, thanks for the advice. The next story focuses on Ace and Ice and maybe some character development for them and their relationships.

7920860
I liked it, you did a nice job integrating cards from everyone involved, although there were a few discontinuities, like Inferno giving Burst Honest when it was later said to be Gold (and fits more being from Gold). Also, Absolute not being the instant-win card for the final battle was a nice breath of air considering how you integrated him in the past.

7920871
Looking forward to it.

7921829
Acutually, Gold does give Honest to Burst. Inferno gives Burst Solemn Strikes. Maybe its just where I placed the text. I'm gonna check.

7921829
Okay! I fixed the confusion! It WAS where I put the text that messed up the continuity.

7920516
Just submitted the next story! It should post soon!

7920516
Story just posted!

7940907
You'll find out in Friendship is Dueling 6.

Login or register to comment