• Published 25th Jan 2017
  • 2,130 Views, 171 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 3: Battle City Canterlot - Bahamut0



After Duelist Kingdom and The Friendship Games, Burst has made quite the name for himself. So much that Kaiba has taken notice and decided to host the next Battle City tournament in Burst's home town! But a new evil is lurking in the shadows.

  • ...
5
 171
 2,130

Duel 11: Storm Forth Cyber Dragon!

"Geez. Seeing so many duelists in one place makes you realize just how popular the game really is.", Nightfall said as he gazed at the huge crowds of duelists and spectators.

"I guess we'd better stick close...", Twilight said as she held onto Night's arm. Night smiled.

"No way I'm letting you out of my sight." Twilight blushed a little at hearing that. "Now. Where to find a duel?" Night didn't have to wait long.

"Well. If it isn't my son the traitor. And the disgrace of my former prize student." Night and Twilight found themselves face-to-face with Cinch!

"You call me a traitor? You're the one who betrayed me!", Night spat.

"You'd talk to your mother that way?"

"My mother died long ago.", Night said. His voice was dripping with cold fury. "Ever since you became Crystal Prep's principal. You wanted absolute perfection. And where did it lead? Twilight became a monster thanks to you! And now? I'd say Crystal High's better off without you! You and your Ancient Gears are their dark past! Now it's time for you to face the revolution!" Cinch said nothing and activated her duel disk. "So that's how it is. If you're not going to admit you're wrong, I'll make you realize your mistake!"

Nightfall: 8000
Cinch: 8000

"I summon Ancient Gear Soldier! Then I'll equip him with Ancient Gear Tank! This raises his attack by 600! I'll then set two cards and end my turn."

"I draw!" Night looked carefully at his hand. 'Time to show her just how out-dated her dueling tactics and her methods are! Cyber Dragon and I represent the next generation of dueling! And the future is now!' "Time for you to meet the next generation of hi-tech monster! Since you control a monster, I can bring out Cyber Dragon!" A mechanical dragon with a sleek silver body materialized on Night's field! "But I'm not done yet! I'll summon Cyber Dragon Drei! When he's on the field, his name become Cyber Dragon! Also, I can make all 'Cyber Dragons' on my field level five! Then I'll play Evolution Burst! Since I have Cyber Dragon on my field, I can target and destroy one card you control! I'll destroy Ancient Gear Soldier!" A powerful laser shot from Cyber Dragon's mouth! "The only drawback is that Cyber Dragon can't attack once this card is activated. So I'll set two cards and end my turn."

"Since Ancient Gear Tank was destroyed you take 600 points of damage." Night winced as shard of parts struck his life points!

Nightfall: 7400
Cinch: 8000

"Now I can begin my assault. I draw. I activate my face-down card! Ancient Gear Workshop! This shall return Ancient Gear Soldier from my graveyard to my hand. Now I play the field spell Geartown! Now either of us can summon 'Ancient Gear' monsters for one less tribute! I summon Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Chimera! Now! Attack Cyber Dragon!"

"Not so fast! I activate my trap! Attack Reflector Unit! I can target one Cyber Dragon I control and tribute it! Then I can special summon Cyber Barrier Dragon from my hand or deck! And I'll bring him out in defense mode!" Cyber Dragon transformed in a flash of light and was replaced with a cyber dragon that had a barrier ring around its neck! Cyber Barrier then put up a shield wall that blocked Ancient Gear Chimera's attack! Cinch winced as her attack bounced off the shield! 'Good thing next-gen tech is so versatile! Cyber Dragon can adapt to almost any situation I need him to!'

"I end my turn. Impressive counter."

Nightfall: 7400
Cinch: 7500

"You shouldn't have taught me so well." Night drew his next card. 'I'm fortunate that Cyber Dragon is reverse compatible!' "I play Cyber Repair Plant! Since I have a Cyber Dragon in my graveyard, I can activate one of its effects! I'll add a light machine-type monster from my deck to my hand! Now I'll summon Proto-Cyber Dragon! When he's on the field, his name becomes Cyber Dragon! Now I'll play Polymerization! I'll fuse the two Cyber Dragons on my field with the one I added to my hand! I fusion summon Cyber End Dragon!" A gigantic robot dragon with three heads materialized on the field! "Then I'll set another card and attack Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Chimera! Super Strident Blaze!" A scorching blast of fire melted Cinch's monster! "I'll end my turn with another face-down."

Nightfall: 7400
Cinch: 5700

"I draw! I'll play Mystical Space Typhoon to destroy my own field spell!"

"What?!" 'Why would she destroy her own field? It helped her conduct fusion summons! Just what is she planning?!'

"By destroying Geartown, I can special summon an 'Ancient Gear' monster from my deck! I summon Ancient Gear Golem! Now I'll play Fusion Sage to add Polymerization to my hand! I'll activate Polymerization to bring out my ultimate machine! I fuse Ancient Gear Golem with two Ancient Gear monsters in my hand! I fusion summon Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem!" Ancient Gear Golem combined with the other machines in Cinch's hand to become a gigantic machine! "Now! Destroy Cyber End Dragon!"

"Not so fast! When Cyber Barrier Dragon is face-up on my field, I can negate your attack!" Ancient Gear Golem staggered when he hit Cyber Barrier's shield! 'She's gonna have to try harder than that to get past my firewalls!'

"It appears you are safe for now. I end my turn. You know? This takes me back to when you were just starting to learn the game."

"Funny. It takes me back to when you just expected the best out of everyone. Not perfection.", Night said as he drew his next card. 'I won't lie. This duel is taking me back to when she was teaching me to duel.' "Time to show you my ultimate machine! I play De-Fusion! I'll return Cyber End Dragon to my extra deck to bring back the three Cyber Dragons from my graveyard! Now I activate my trap! Three of a Kind! Since all of my monsters count as 'Cyber Dragon' I can destroy three cards you control! I'll select your face-down and Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem!" Cinch's cards were struck down by lasers from Night's Cyber Dragons! "Now I attack you directly with Cyber Drgaon, Drei, and Proto! Evolution Burst!" Three lasers struck Cinch directly! "I end my turn."

Nightfall: 7400
Cinch: 700

"I draw! I play Dark Hole to destroy all monsters on the field!" A black hole appeared and wiped out all of Night's monsters! "Now I summon Ancient Gear Engineer! Attack him directly!" Night cringed as Ancient Gear Engineer's drill pierced his life points! "Now I activate Berserker Soul! I'll discard my hand to excavate the top card of my deck! And if the card is a monster, you take 500 damage!" Cinch looked at the top card of her deck. "The card is a monster, so you take 500 points of damage! Now I can repeat this effect seven more times!" Cinch looked at the top card of her deck seven more times, and found four monsters! "This means you take 2000 more points of damage!" Night's life points dropped even further! "Next I'll equip Engineer with Megamorph to double his attack points! I end my turn."

Nightfall: 3400
Cinch: 700

Night drew his next card, and smiled. 'Time to show her just how far I've come!' "Time to bring out the big guns! I play Soul Charge! I pay 1000 life points for each monster I want to revive from my graveyard! I'll bring back the two original Cyber Dragons!" Night's Cyber Dragons appeared on the field! "Now I'll overlay them to xyz summon Cyber Dragon Nova!" The two dragons merged, and formed a new cyber dragon with mechanical wings! Most notable was the exposed card at its center, which looked like it was going to go nova! "But I'm not done yet! I'll xyz summon again! This time I'll use Nova as the xyz material to bring out Cyber Dragon's final upgrade! I xyz summon Cyber Dragon Infinity!! Nova was engulfed in light, and transformed into a sleeker form! Black metal panels ran along its side, and it had a sleeker and more angular appearance. The infinity symbol was visible on its core! "All overlay units attached to Nova are now attached to Infinity! Also, Infinity gains 200 attack for each overlay unit attached to him! Now for his other effect!" A beam of light shot from Infinity's core, and struck Ancient Gear Engineer! Engineer faded from Cinch's field, and became an overlay unit on Infinity! "Once per turn I can target one attack mode monster on my opponent's field and attach it as an overlay unit! Attack her directly! Infinity Evoultion Burst!"

"How's this for a cutting edge attack?", Infinity boasted as he fired a crimson laser from his mouth! Wiping out the last of Cinch's life points! Night walked over to Cinch, and took her locator cards. As Night was about to leave, Cinch stopped him.

"Night?"

"What do you want?", Night asked coldly.

"...I'm sorry. I'm sorry for what I did to you and Twilight."

"....Took you long enough. Dad always did say you were stubborn. C'mon Twilight. Let's find another duel. And mom? You better find a new job." Cinch had a small smile as Night and Twilight left.

"It's a start..."